A Canadian Solar Product Manufacturer has a position available to design new and innovative solar driven product technologies. Working with a small team, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the design of various solar product applications including lighting, ventilation and various off-grid applications.
- Design of Solar PV powered products and systems for optimum performance
- Prepare technical documentation including performance specifications, drawings and installation & maintenance instructions.
- Ensure quality and lifespan of battery/controller operated PV systems in all engineering and technical documentation
- Ensure compliance with Canadian codes/approvals
- Assistance in evaluation of custom projects and customer/bid requirements
- Preparation of technical bid documentation/specifications to support sales team
- Support supply chain management with sourcing strategies
- Act as an integral part of the purchasing team for components and materials
- Support site installation, commissioning, and testing, when required
- Execute client product training sessions, when required
- Formal Electrical Design, Photovoltaics or Engineering education
- Software utilization experience including AutoCAD, RET Screen, or similar
- Minimum 1 year professional engineering and/or proven PV off-grid design experience
- Team player, excellent analytical thinking, good communication skills, organizational skills, decisiveness/assertiveness skills, and economical thinking
- Must have strong written and verbal English communication
- Highly proactive, self-managed, and results driven
- A team player, flexible, and organized yet tolerant of ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced environment with varying work load and dynamic priorities
*MUST have the ability/experience to independently design off-grid solar powered systems, based on a given load required; experience is a significant asset.
Position Type: Full time, Contract
Start Date: Jan 14, 2013
Indeed - 20 months ago