- Analyze market in order to assess present and future material availability
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales
- Prepare Requests for Quote and contracts
- Negotiate contracts and monitor vendor/contract performance.
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipments in a timely and cost effective way while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
- Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization is in place to facilitate the timely purchase of new products
- Forecast procurement needs.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in buying and storing inventory, materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Administer Platinum purchasing system (Min/Max qty, costs)
- Prepare Purchase orders in accordance with negotiated terms and conditions, process inventory receipts verifying qty of incoming goods
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier.
- Schedule production in the cost effective manner and based on customer’s requirements
- Perform production coordination duties as required: creating labels, monitor production efficiency and daily goals.
- Provide assistance with Inventory count.
Indeed - 21 months ago