Sun Media Corporation Employee Reviews

My first job
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ONJanuary 27, 2016
I do love working at OPDI and I still see my co-workers every year. They are wonderful. I have learned a lot there and they help me to emprove my skills in accounting and about how to run a trucking business.
a fun place to work with people from different countries
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2014
it is never to be late to learn.

working should be fun with responsibility.

Challenge is a part of the job.
Multitasking Extraordinaire
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 31, 2014
During my role at Sun Media Corporation, I designed magazine and newspaper layouts, promotional pieces and
advertisements, while maintaining existing corporate branding. My ability to multitask and work under strict timelines enabled a quicker turnaround and increased productivity.
Productive and nice work environment.
FINANCIAL & BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2013
Management has been very supportive of the staff and provides training and information needed to fulfill the tasks as assigned. I have learned a lot of things in the sales operations, management support, financial reporting and customer service, as well as procurement and administration support. Hardest part of the job is to feel secure on the job, while taking more responsibility as the group becomes lean and trim.
Pros
good management culture and harmonious relationship with colleagues
Cons
inadequate job security and no performance rewards.
Fairly a good company
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 22, 2013
Even though been there for a year, I found the company is great.
We had a great team members, with good knowledge. The management is great, and you can approach them with any questions or concerns.
I learnt a lot of things during my short stay, and I found that I was able to adapt myself with the team quick. I always looked forward in going to work, and always wanted to make things better.
There are constant changes to what needed to be done on a daily basis and such required to quickly learn and adapt new procedures and processes.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2013
In detail, I handled daily complaints for National Post and Toronto Sun for all failed to deliver issues. I was required to multitask hourly reports, verify single copy and bulk orders for other newspaper organizations such as Welland Tribune, Brantford Expositor and Niagara Falls Reviews. Furthermore, such occupation demanded extensive use of Excel, Outlook, Citrix and various software applications to follow up with numerous clients.
Invaluable Experiences
Director, Business Systems Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2013
The most rewarding part of this position with Sun Media was the ability to expand my business to business negotiation skills while I working with third party vendors. Additionally I had the opportunity to work with leaders in different departments throughout the company in order to effectively execute corporate initiatives which allowed me to grow and diversify my skill sets. The most challenging aspect of working for Sun Media is that as the newspaper industry manages the decline in print sales, there are fewer opportunities for growth.
Very relaxed work place
Circulation DM & Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 9, 2013
I really do enjoy my job with Sun Media. I feel that I have learnt a lot over my 4 years employment. I am now looking for work with mor of a challenge. I have made many friends among my co workers and I believe that leaving them would be the hardest thing to do.
Pros
flexible time off
Cons
wage
Sun Media was the best job I have ever had in my life. The people were so easy to get along with and it was a priviledge to have worked there.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 14, 2012
My daily duties were deposits, reviewing customer files, credit checks, resolving customer issues, print and email invoice/statements, marking and balancing news papers and providing spreadsheets for Head Office. Management were very easy to work with, they were extremely helpful with any A/R issues. The most difficult part of my job had to be dealing with the collection bureau, it is always difficult when someone has to be submitted to collections for non-payment. The most rewarding were the group of ladies I had the pleasure of working with
Pros
we had an office that planning pot luck lunches was a great perk.
Cons
no real cons to complain about.
the work place is safe even sometimes its hot but im happy work wd them.im happy and very proud to work with this company.
mailroom labourer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 11, 2012
i enjoy working with others because we work as a team.we help each other to make our work sucessfully done.i like very much to work with this company bec when your working you always move and lift 25 lbs.even its to hard for me becuase this is my first time i appreciate it.they teach us the safety talk so i can avoid anything that will hurt me.sometimes the supervisor shout i ignore it and do my work carefully and correctly.
Pros
sometimes they gave us a free lunch.
Cons
even a long hours i agree coz its just like im exercising.
Superb work environment
Processing Clerk/Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 26, 2012
The management at the London Office have amazing work ethic and structure which created a healthy work environment. The team runs in unison to achieve clients and organization goals.

4.4