Sun Life

Sun Life Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Like previous job and enjoyed
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Rewarding
Cons: Could be better have more time spent with family
As Life insurance advisor to help people obtain a safe guard for family is a very pleasure and satisfactory achievement. During practice both investment and insurance services at the same time, the most thing I have learned is to manage my schedule to complete my goal.To finding new resources of client is hard, still achievable with right method. There are experience of insurance beneficiary received the payment from insurance company is the most rewarding to my job.
Good organization
Senior ECM/Filenet project lead consultant (Current Employee), North york, ONMarch 23, 2015
Good company with flexible work-life balance. Lots of new technologies to learn and great amount of job security. Good company to work for.
Good workplace
Sr. System Analyst / Programmer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 21, 2013
Enjoyable work environment with lots of variety.
Great opportunity for advancement.
Nice people and very big work place .
customer service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: own space work
Cons: dont hire enought people
Sun life is overall a nice place to work . The day would start off pretty busy and end up very calm . I learned a lot on insurance and how to deal with people with severe health problems. The co-workers are very nice .
Manage your own business while working with top finance affiliates
Financial Adviser (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJune 22, 2012
Pros: being your own boss
Cons: time of establishment before attaining a salary stability
As a member of the firm, your primary responsibility is to be an ethical professional, serving clients in their best interest. Your job is to advise clients on financial plans utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate. Duties include assessing clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives to establish investment strategies.

I've learned the fundamentals of business management through Sun Life, by managing my own office and tabulating my business expenses and activities. From buying my own office furniture to acquiring a vehicle to facilitate my mobility, to establishing a business plan to setting up my work hours, Sun Life has provided me with the essentials required to survive as a professional.

The hardest part of my job was to accomplish weekly objectives while maintaining a consistent business cash flow. There are no set salaries for advisors, as remunerations are based on advisor sales and activities (i.e. referrals, partnerships and cross-sales). For that reason, advisors are often faced while very low-productive weeks or even months.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the entre-aide of people in the firm. Sales directors and advisors are always willing to create sales activities to promote business. As well as the administrative staff, they help advisors up-keep their business; whether through proper sorting in the mail-room to call forwarding to the right advisor. They're usually very curteous welcoming your clients in the firm.
Expérience professionnelle très compétente
Assistante financière (Current Employee), Laval, QCJanuary 10, 2015
-Travail en pleine autonomie
-Soutien Administratif aux Conseillers Financiers
-Gérer les finances des clients