Sun Life

Sun Life Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice people and very big work place .
customer service (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: own space work
Cons: dont hire enought people
Sun life is overall a nice place to work . The day would start off pretty busy and end up very calm . I learned a lot on insurance and how to deal with people with severe health problems. The co-workers are very nice .
Financial services company providing a diverse range of insurance and investments productle: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Financial Centre Administrator (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: culture
Cons: salary
As the Financial Centre Administrator I Ensured smooth operation of the Financial Centre and maintained a positive and energetic work environment by maintaining excellent relationships with managers, advisors, head office, property management, and the clients. Provided administrative duties to the Financial Center Management Team including coordination – more... of social functions, calendaring, travel arrangements and expense reporting. – less
Manage your own business while working with top finance affiliates
Financial Adviser (Former Employee), Dorval, QCJune 22, 2012
Pros: being your own boss
Cons: time of establishment before attaining a salary stability
As a member of the firm, your primary responsibility is to be an ethical professional, serving clients in their best interest. Your job is to advise clients on financial plans utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate. Duties include assessing clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, – more... insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives to establish investment strategies.

I've learned the fundamentals of business management through Sun Life, by managing my own office and tabulating my business expenses and activities. From buying my own office furniture to acquiring a vehicle to facilitate my mobility, to establishing a business plan to setting up my work hours, Sun Life has provided me with the essentials required to survive as a professional.

The hardest part of my job was to accomplish weekly objectives while maintaining a consistent business cash flow. There are no set salaries for advisors, as remunerations are based on advisor sales and activities (i.e. referrals, partnerships and cross-sales). For that reason, advisors are often faced while very low-productive weeks or even months.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the entre-aide of people in the firm. Sales directors and advisors are always willing to create sales activities to promote business. As well as the administrative staff, they help advisors up-keep their business; whether through proper sorting in the mail-room to call forwarding to the right advisor. They're usually very curteous welcoming your clients in the firm. – less
review
Disability Specialist (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAMarch 3, 2014
Nice place to work, very relaxed
Learn quickly at what they give you to train on. Very professional environment