Sun Life Employee Reviews

positive
Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONAugust 25, 2016
very positive place to work. Being commission based you have to take initiative in your day to get your clients. Learned how to work individually rather than in a team aspect.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
commission
Financial services company providing a diverse range of insurance and investments productle: Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Financial Centre Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 24, 2012
As the Financial Centre Administrator I Ensured smooth operation of the Financial Centre and maintained a positive and energetic work environment by maintaining excellent relationships with managers, advisors, head office, property management, and the clients. Provided administrative duties to the Financial Center Management Team including coordination of social functions, calendaring, travel arrangements and expense reporting.
Pros
culture
Cons
salary
Good Experience
Testing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 27, 2015
Good Work culture, process standardization, On shore and offshore teams, global organization, CMMI company, Working towards automation
Provide world class service to members.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONSeptember 6, 2015
Great group of employees, employer provides timely and accurate feedback for performance improvement. Good advancement opportunities .
Manage your own business while working with top finance affiliates
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QCJune 22, 2012
As a member of the firm, your primary responsibility is to be an ethical professional, serving clients in their best interest. Your job is to advise clients on financial plans utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate. Duties include assessing clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives to establish investment strategies.

I've learned the fundamentals of business management through Sun Life, by managing my own office and tabulating my business expenses and activities. From buying my own office furniture to acquiring a vehicle to facilitate my mobility, to establishing a business plan to setting up my work hours, Sun Life has provided me with the essentials required to survive as a professional.

The hardest part of my job was to accomplish weekly objectives while maintaining a consistent business cash flow. There are no set salaries for advisors, as remunerations are based on advisor sales and activities (i.e. referrals, partnerships and cross-sales). For that reason, advisors are often faced while very low-productive weeks or even months.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed the entre-aide of people in the firm. Sales directors and advisors are always willing to create sales activities to promote business. As well as the administrative staff, they help advisors up-keep their business; whether through proper sorting in the mail-room to call forwarding to the right advisor. They're usually very curteous welcoming your clients in the firm.
Pros
being your own boss
Cons
time of establishment before attaining a salary stability
Good organization
Senior ECM/Filenet project lead consultant (Current Employee) –  North york, ONMarch 23, 2015
Good company with flexible work-life balance. Lots of new technologies to learn and great amount of job security. Good company to work for.
Like previous job and enjoyed
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2015
As Life insurance advisor to help people obtain a safe guard for family is a very pleasure and satisfactory achievement. During practice both investment and insurance services at the same time, the most thing I have learned is to manage my schedule to complete my goal.To finding new resources of client is hard, still achievable with right method. There are experience of insurance beneficiary received the payment from insurance company is the most rewarding to my job.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Could be better have more time spent with family
Awesome employer really enjoyed it.
Abilities Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2015
I really liked working here. I worked with amazing staff and management. I would highly recommend anyone applying here as it is a fantastic place to work.
Nice people and very big work place .
customer service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 28, 2013
Sun life is overall a nice place to work . The day would start off pretty busy and end up very calm . I learned a lot on insurance and how to deal with people with severe health problems. The co-workers are very nice .
Pros
own space work
Cons
dont hire enought people
soutient et encadrement agreable
directrice financiere (Former Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QCMay 9, 2016
chacun des conseiller faire ce qu il a a faire mais avec un équipe qui conseille et soutient en tous temps

rencontrer les clients et faire le suivie des dossiers
Pros
autonomie
Cons
salaire commission et beaucoup de pression
Expérience professionnelle très compétente
Assistante financière (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 10, 2015
-Travail en pleine autonomie
-Soutien Administratif aux Conseillers Financiers
-Gérer les finances des clients