Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Positive environment with great leadership.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON26 October 2015
Work life balance is empeccable and positive support from managment. Ample training provided with great motivation and events provided throughout the year. Fantastic opporturnity to be in a self employed environment but also have support from a reputable large organization.
Pros
Great campaign prizes, Festive events, Great leader.
Cons
Monthly overhead cost, commission structure.
Productive workplace
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 March 2016
This office was very welcoming and I enjoyed my time working there. I learned a lot about customer service and improved my communication skills.
Great place to work with great development possibilities
On-Site Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 November 2015
Sun Life Financial was a fantastic place to work. During my time there I met a variety of interesting people belonging to multiple different cultures. It was very easy to apply my current knowledge while expanding my knowledge with anything I might need to know in the future.
work culture
.Net developer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2015
. The very first day of my work, I got bunch of documentation on the current project. It took 3 days time for me, to understand what is going on around.

. I am lucky enough to work under the management, who is more loyal to employees. My management gave me a chance to improve my technical skills in the field of work.

. My co- employees are also kind enough to thought me, the areas of difficulties in the work. They are very social and innovative. I learned lot from my co- workers about, how to be competent.

.Sometimes(project dead lines), I felt little bit difficult to manage the time between personal and professional. But, in the end when we completed the task, the over all time spent on it was worthwhile.
Pros
We often have team lunches, and flexible work hours.
Cons
Long
Senior Intake & Change Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2016
Great place to work in a senior setting, the supportive management style gives the employee the ability to further develop their skill sets.I would highly recommend SLF.
Very helpful
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2015
I did my practicum there for one hundred hours. Friendly people, I felt welcome, and whenever I don't understand something they are always ready to help. They gave me an idea of what to expect when I get a "real job."
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Long hours of sitting
Was a great company to start with however all changed with the selling of the US Annuities
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 December 2015
Very secretive about Jobs future with selling Annuities, once informed closing Canadian office was strung along with closing date for over a year
Very friendly and supportive working environment. Encourage and support career advancement.
Associate Director, Asia Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 December 2015
Management is supportive and care about your career growth. Various trainings are provided for beginner leaders. Co-workers are friendly and are smart.
Dynamic work environment with great coworkers, good benefits, good pay, and good work hours.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 August 2015
I loved this job. The constant monitoring of all metrics sometimes got tiring but it made for achievable goals which was rewarding. The culture and my coworkers made what could have sometimes been a tedious job enjoyable. Honestly, had my division not been sold, I would still be there.
Pros
Work hours, salary, annual bonuses and raises, work culture.
Cons
Being tied to the phones, unable to give out personal extention to provice better customer service.
not fun
Annuity Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 December 2015
this place was micromanaged. crummy wages but had great benefits as it is an insurance company. movement up is tough b/c there are so many people
Pros
American Holidays off and lunch after the season was done
Cons
had to work canadian holidays
Professional Easy going work environment
Application Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 December 2015
Professional, Easy going, laid back and productive! Business environment. Company is an insurance company and a large company, however flex time and hours, lots of work from home opportunities.
Fun and exciting workplace
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2015
As an intern for a few weeks, I learnt how effective good communication can change desired outcomes. Management was very energetic and excitable and had a wealth of knowledge that was shared.

Co-workers were also very willing and able to share their knowledge and help in anyway they could. The hardest part of the job was the end of the internship.
I really enjoyed learning things I never knew, I never knew.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Not enough hours per day.
Great working environment
FINANCIAL SERVICES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2015
Large call centre team where agents are required to assist terminated or retired member. Agents must upsell to members with additional products.
Admin Assistant position
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill ON19 October 2015
Learn about the role of advisor as well as the company itself. Good opportunity for students or those looking to get into the business as an advisor at Sun Life. Clerical work as well as contacting clients, making appointments and follow ups.
Great learning environment and positive co-workers
Technology Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 April 2015
Responsibilities included the transition from Nortel telecommunications system to Avaya system, and upkeep for new Avaya system. I learned a great deal about telecommunications and related programming, as well as office etiquette and how to efficiently work with my teammates as well as other teams. The hardest part of the job was handling multiple tasks and projects that required an unknown amount of time to complete (based on how complex the issue was and how many issues arose during solving). The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with my co-workers and managers, as we not only worked efficiently together but also created lasting bonds and friendships.
Another step towards a career goal
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta31 March 2015
• Building and maintaining Advisor and Client relationships
• Main Sun Life contact for advisors and clients for all inquiries
• Responsible for the growth and profitability of an assigned block of business.
• Ensuring client and advisor needs are met through strong customer service and value added products and services
• Use of different operating Systems, CRM, and reporting systems
• Sold, Renewed, and negotiated Sun Life Group Benefit products and services
Difficult to sell, very competative, good working with clients
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford Ont.16 September 2015
Would not get into this again. Too many people are negative towards insurance. Co-workers were good.

Had one senior advisor that became my mentor, and he taught me a lot. I'm grateful to him.
Pros
working with my clients
Cons
High expectations with no rewards for meeting them.
Long Term Disability Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario27 April 2015
Jobs are challenging and rewarding but it is difficult to reach and maintain the service standards without working additional hours for which overtime is not paid.
Pros
Leader in the industry, stability. Ability to work from home but not full-time.
Cons
Cannot meet expectations within standard business hours, overtime is not paid.
fixiable working hours, provide lots of training, can meet with people from different area.
Advisor Calgary, A.B (Current Employee) –  Calgary,AB5 April 2015
Sun Life Financial provide fixable working hours, I can manage working schedule depends on my client's need. By product information and sales skill training, I learned lots of knowledge from insurance and wealth product. And I also have opportunity to meet with different clients from different background. The co-workers in this company is nice, sometimes we work on new prospect and group clients together, and we share selling skill so that we could improve together. The hardest part of this job is to keep finding new prospect, try to find their need by talking to them so that provide product they might interest. Although this is hard, I do learn the communication skill with people.
Pros
lots of training
Typical Insurance Company with multiple projects
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 October 2015
A very professional company which follows Continuous Maturity Model Integeration level 3 processes. They allow sometimes to work from home, should the circumstances.