Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Sun Life
AVP, Training Knowledge and Quality (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON9 February 2017
Sun Life was a wonderful place to learn and grow and I was given the opportunity to use my skills to enhance the Learning organisation. The people who work at Sun Life are dedicated to the company and this can been shown int he tenure of most employees.
Ccc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
I love working for Sun Life!! Very professional company! Amazing coworkers. Great benefits and amazing experience to learn about insurance products. Again I love it!
Pros
No weekends and no sale
Cons
Late shifts until 8
Great working environment for a student with approachable colleagues
Product Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Working as a summer student at Sun Life was an amazing introduction to the working corporate world. I was treated as an equal and trusted by my employer and colleagues. I was given freedom in the work I did and that allowed me to build up my time management and planning skills.
Good place
Investment Consultant/ Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Great place to work for job security and work/life balance. However, compensation levels are lower than industry average.
Excellent company to work for
DATA ENTRY ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2017
Even though I had a short time experience with this company, my time there was worth it. The staff and management were very detailed in what was expected, it made the days very enjoyable.
Professional and a great learning experience
Assistant Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
Sunlife allowed me to get a glimpse of how to work in a finance based company. I didn't know much but this experience really helped me learn a lot and allowed me to use some of that knowledge in my work and in the real world.
Excellent company
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 January 2017
Sun Life is an excellent company, which feels like an extended family. The work life balance is fair, and everyone treats one another with dignity and respect.
Great Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Great Company to work for.
Flexible time lines.
Great Company culture
Great people
Allows you to work from home
Internal systems are great
Organization is needed
Customer Care Representative Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 January 2017
Coworkers were wonderful amazing people to work with. Management was understanding and provided on going training. Advancement was a slow going process.
Poor with the exception of Management positions
Client Service Administrator - Corporate Accts (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 January 2017
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians! Always pressuring staff to come up with better ways to do business and to save money with as little resources as possible. That is a welcoming suggestion and can work but to push it on staff repeatedly when we've already reached our peak is mind numbing! Overtime is expected to keep up... customer service goes down as you cannot keep up with daily expectations. This worked against my work ethic as I truly believe that if you gain business opportunities through your sales force promising great service and then you don't deliver - you lose the client and and the effort of the sales force. Management then expects YOU to do your best to retain that client. It's not fair to the client, sales force or staff. I was glad when I was told my job had moved to Montreal as I didn't know what to say to client's anymore. I couldn't keep up with client expectations and the Sun Life surely didn't want us to tell the client's why... so it started to appear that staff wasn't up to par! Not Fair!
Pros
Staff
Very good work atmosphere
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Well managed and stable company. Best working conditions I have experienced. Colleagues were very professional, offices are well appointed and very flexible work schedule.
Sunlife
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
A typical day a work varies between client supply and demand. There is a high turn over which results in our job description being altered. There is a lack on consistency but in terms of management and company loyalty there is no other place I have been to that has so much respect for their employees.
environnement de travail
Conseiller en assurance et service financiers (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC11 January 2017
journée de travail dependament de votre planification, etant donnée que vous devenez travailleur autonome , vous devez construire votre horaire , prendre des rendez-vous , faire la prospection et vendre des produits en fonction du besoin du client.
Good work life balance
Program/Project Manager - CRM & Digital Strategy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Good work-life balance. Everything depends on contacts. Slow moving organisation. helpful coworkers. nothing great about salary. very process oriented
Excellent work culture and limitless earning potential!
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2017
Sun Life Financial Advisor:

A typical day will involve spending half prospecting and making phone calls, while the other half will be spent reviewing client portfolios and doing administrative duties. Learning to manage time and sales techniques have been a beneficial aspect of the job.

Management and co-workers are friendly with a enjoyable work culture throughout the financial center. The hardest part of the job is being paid on 100% commission. Although this is beneficial for potential earnings, it is difficult for new advisors starting in the industry.

Most enjoyable about the job is the continuing education and experience gained through running your own business and servicing people with their financial needs.
Great support team...a little low on the follow through
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Point Claire, Quebec29 December 2016
I started in a purely entrepreneurial role; that of financial advisor needing to bring forth my own network. Given that I won't go directly to my base of friends and family to start off with, it has been a little difficult to get going. The assigned clients I received from the company were all way beyond the age of buying life insurance and with SunLife (the only company in Canada to insist on this) I cannot sell segregate funds without passing and paying for) my Mutual Funds license. This has caused me quite the setback as the start up costs have been way beyond what was initially portrayed to me!
Well rounded company
Assist business units (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 December 2016
It is a great company to work for and it promotes employees career developments. Always updating with new technologies.
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 December 2016
Sunlife gives you the oppurtunity to grow and offers a great work environment. Lots of learning oppurtunities. Amicable co owrkers. Tim Hortons and Starbucks on the premise:-)
Productive and Job experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2016
Working at Sun life is such a good Job experience. I come in and get set up and start work. then after 2 hours of work, I take a break, chat with other co-workers, and then get back to work. it is such a healthy work environment. What I learned while working at Sun life is the amount of work and effort needed to be put in order to get a successful outcome. The management is good. They are very organized. It is a healthy work friendly environment where everyone gets along. The hardest part of the job is the process. Getting the leads for insurance sales can be tasking. The most enjoyable part is the result. When you finally get a lead and the lead goes successful.
Pros
Friendly environment, vacations
Cons
tasking process for getting leads
productive and fun workspace
Technical Project Manager/ Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the two bonuses I received during my four months there; the least being the constant verbal lashings and lack of praise I received from my area vice president over things as trivial as post-its.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Financial. Our community is ready to answer.