Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Great people to work with for the most part
Financial Client Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 April 2017
Limited advancement , demanding tasks with not much of an upside. a HUGE lack of procedural sense and a definite upgrade to systems is required to be aligned with competition.
benefits
Cons
lack of tools
Self-motivating yet very multiculture financial center
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Financial advisor is self-employeed so every day is self challenging. I learned to self motivate to prospect and be consistent with daily activities.

Our financial center is very multi-cultured and everyone is very respectful. Cultural bonding is very good and everyone appreciate others.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to help my clients with financial planning and advise them on future financial goals and dreams.

The management were very supportive in terms of education, events, personal relationship buildups, and encouragement.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Flexibility
ok
Administrator- Group Retirement Services GRS (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 April 2017
ok. I enjoy working for Sun Life Financial. I can't ask for more. Great environment. It is like a family. Great culture. Very supportive and welcoming team!
Excellent company to work for with top notch leadership! People are fabulous!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing and learning from cross-functional teams. Each day presented a new opportunity to contribute and make a difference!
Independant financial planner
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 April 2017
Non-occupant; not applicable for many things such as culture as I am an independently employed person. The financial center is beautiful and provides support and office/meeting space.
Great workplace culture
Bilingual Group Retirement Plan Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 April 2017
Great place to work, a company that cares for their employees and a great company that helps the community. Great workplace culture and a lot room for advancement.
Lack concept of work/life balance
Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
Hard work is not recognized but is expected without compensation. My dept has no concept of work-life balance therefore like to hire new graduates with no life.
Multi Task Enviroment, Fun, place for growth
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent place for those who want to bring growth in insurance products and services. Provide training and support at all levels, international organization there is an opportunity for those who really want to relocate different places or country.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
n/a
Sun Life
Advisor (Current Employee) –  London22 March 2017
Fun environment. Competitive. Supportive managers. Commission based. Personal accountability. Client management. Organizational skills required. Self-start attitude required.
Employer who tries hard but limits support for career advancement
Abilities Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
Moving to another role is a long process and is only given to employees that will have the least impact to the budget. They will hire a less qualified person over the best candidate, in order to save money.
Pros
Good work from home & in-office balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Great company, if only there was a salary
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 March 2017
Very good company and great company to retire in.
Thing is you have to survive in the business for at least 5 years before saying that you have a chance.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Commision
Security with the company
COMPLEX ISSUE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
I loved working for Sun Life. The management, job security, pay, benefits and overall experience with Sun Life is fantastic. I left Sun Life because I went back to school, but I would love to find another position like the one I had, especially at Sun Life.
Enjoyable workplace
Assistant Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2017
SunLife has a great working atmosphere! I learned a lot there. Colleagues are helpful and friendly. The manager is approachable. It also has a good location.
Great place to work at
Fixed Income Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Great team and great work environment! Good work life balance as well. Very collaborative work environment. Nice people to work with.
Pros
Great timings
Cons
Things can get a bit slow
constant change in management and like all financial institutions expect more with less
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 February 2017
I loved my job and the people I worked with over the years It can be a stressful environment but the people are what make the job tolerable.
Pros
people
Cons
stress
Sun Life
AVP, Training Knowledge and Quality (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON9 February 2017
Sun Life was a wonderful place to learn and grow and I was given the opportunity to use my skills to enhance the Learning organisation. The people who work at Sun Life are dedicated to the company and this can been shown int he tenure of most employees.
Ccc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
I love working for Sun Life!! Very professional company! Amazing coworkers. Great benefits and amazing experience to learn about insurance products. Again I love it!
Pros
No weekends and no sale
Cons
Late shifts until 8
Great working environment for a student with approachable colleagues
Product Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Working as a summer student at Sun Life was an amazing introduction to the working corporate world. I was treated as an equal and trusted by my employer and colleagues. I was given freedom in the work I did and that allowed me to build up my time management and planning skills.
Good place
Investment Consultant/ Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Great place to work for job security and work/life balance. However, compensation levels are lower than industry average.
Excellent company to work for
DATA ENTRY ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2017
Even though I had a short time experience with this company, my time there was worth it. The staff and management were very detailed in what was expected, it made the days very enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Financial. Our community is ready to answer.