Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Great work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 1, 2015
Management is supportive on work from home due to life demands. Senior management is very approachable and take the time to get to know you.
work culture
.Net developer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2015
. The very first day of my work, I got bunch of documentation on the current project. It took 3 days time for me, to understand what is going on around.

. I am lucky enough to work under the management, who is more loyal to employees. My management gave me a chance to improve my technical skills in the field of work.

. My co- employees are also kind enough to thought me, the areas of difficulties in the work. They are very social and innovative. I learned lot from my co- workers about, how to be competent.

.Sometimes(project dead lines), I felt little bit difficult to manage the time between personal and professional. But, in the end when we completed the task, the over all time spent on it was worthwhile.
Pros
We often have team lunches, and flexible work hours.
Cons
Long
Difficult to sell, very competative, good working with clients
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford Ont.September 16, 2015
Would not get into this again. Too many people are negative towards insurance. Co-workers were good.

Had one senior advisor that became my mentor, and he taught me a lot. I'm grateful to him.
Pros
working with my clients
productive work
BUSINESS SYSTEM CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
New skills gained and great team to work with

the most enjoyable part of time with Sunlife is I was very regular to work-out to avoid the morning traffic.
Pros
close to work-out place with great program
Cons
All of my past work experience
Resolution Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 2, 2015
Working for large corporations or small business, it has been a great experience and eye opener.
Adapted and enjoyed each company I have been employed by. I had different responsibilities and work environment.
Seems I always deal with customers on the phones or face to face.
With Toyota Credit Canada Inc, was involved in customer service, call centre. Helping or answering questions for customers /dealers of their contracts for loans or leases of a vehicle.
At a work force we meet lots of people, co-workers and management. I have made long lasting friends,
As a personnel view, we all need improvement in one way or another. Could be structure of company, politics, way its managed .... to the small person in the front line. We all need to grow !
We do not go by a day, that we do not learn something new !
The hardest or enjoyable part of a job, is satisfaction.
For me, as a customer service agent, its important that I have answered all questions and resolved the issue. At times we get that challenging customer ( as my years of experience), each one person is so different from another. My view at this is just breath and have the customer his/her time to speak out, than take control. Need to have good listening skills, patient and empathy.
The most enjoyable part of my job, was working as a Team....
Learning/helping another co-worker .
Pros
knowledge, learning, new challenges.
Cons
Not having the right training fore a new position
Fun big company
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton ,CanadaAugust 31, 2015
Good management ,fun environment to work in
professional people willing to help and assist you any time
helpful to the max
provide you training to achieve your goals
Do not suggest whatsoever
SL Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 31, 2015
It was deplorable. Didn't seem that way at first, but once things got started, it escalated very quickly. Extremely unprofessional and not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Some colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Hard-working staff and pleasant atmosphere
Mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2015
Although we started each day with sorting the health and dental claims, the afternoon offered diverse tasks. Part of a large and friendly group who were always eager to help each other. The job allowed a lot of room for growth.
Excellent employer
Senior Admin. Assistant to the VP of Int'l. Mktg. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Sun Life Financial is an excellent employer.

It is an great place to work; professional and with high standards of client service.
Pros
They provide a lot of training
Cons
Dynamic work environment with great coworkers, good benefits, good pay, and good work hours.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 13, 2015
I loved this job. The constant monitoring of all metrics sometimes got tiring but it made for achievable goals which was rewarding. The culture and my coworkers made what could have sometimes been a tedious job enjoyable. Honestly, had my division not been sold, I would still be there.
Pros
Work hours, salary, annual bonuses and raises, work culture.
Cons
Being tied to the phones, unable to give out personal extention to provice better customer service.
SunLife Financial
Senior Administrator - Group Claims Administrative (Former Employee) –  Montreal QuebecAugust 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. It is a fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job was trying not to take work home.
Cons
no balance between work and home life
Productive and friendly work environment. Everyone is easy going and my colleagues are willing to help me with my questions.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 16, 2015
I worked with Sun Life Financial as an assistant financial advisor. My supervisor and sales manager are very friendly and hard working individuals. They are not only working during office hours and they are willing to committed effort and time after work with clients. I usually arrived office around 9am in the morning. They provided me with coffee and snacks. My job was to conduct research of clients' satisfaction and preference about our insurance products, and I have to build and strengthen relationships with clients through phones to understand their specific needs. Every week, My boss will provide me with soft skills trainings. She is willing to share stories between her and her clients. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have found myself becoming more cooperative with my team members, and I have learned how to communicate properly with clients. This is also the hardest part of the job because different clients have extremely different demands. We need to understand their specific needs and provide preferable life insurance plans or financial service to them.
Pros
Free coffee&tea, snacks. Colleagues often had lunch together. Extremely friendly work environment, Flexible work schedule
Cons
Located in Markham(traffic during rush hours), time spent on commuting
good team
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  North YorkJuly 6, 2015
Involved in collecting process with 90% of efficiency (working with numbers).
Was responsible for data entry and certain bookkeeping functions
Fun and exciting workplace
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 22, 2015
As an intern for a few weeks, I learnt how effective good communication can change desired outcomes. Management was very energetic and excitable and had a wealth of knowledge that was shared.

Co-workers were also very willing and able to share their knowledge and help in anyway they could. The hardest part of the job was the end of the internship.
I really enjoyed learning things I never knew, I never knew.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Not enough hours per day.
Professional Pleasent Work Place
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 15, 2015
Great group of people at Sunlife. If you are in need of guidance there is always someone you can contact for guidance and support.
Work Life Balance
Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2015
Work and life balances is amazing , and company gives ample opportunity to move ahead in the area of interest .
Managers and support group ensure that you get what you deserve
Productive and Safe Enviroment
Assistant Adviser and Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  1000May 15, 2015
I have learned a lot through this job, have gained a lot of experience and skills which I have developed along the way as this will help me for other opportunities in future.
Excellent team, management needs to improve
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  MontrealMay 4, 2015
If you get friendly with management, you will have more chance for advancement than your work will ever do. Just to give you an idea.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
bad management, high turnover
High expectations with no rewards for meeting them.
Long Term Disability Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 27, 2015
Jobs are challenging and rewarding but it is difficult to reach and maintain the service standards without working additional hours for which overtime is not paid.
Pros
Leader in the industry, stability. Ability to work from home but not full-time.
Cons
Cannot meet expectations within standard business hours, overtime is not paid.
Great learning environment and positive co-workers
Technology Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2015
Responsibilities included the transition from Nortel telecommunications system to Avaya system, and upkeep for new Avaya system. I learned a great deal about telecommunications and related programming, as well as office etiquette and how to efficiently work with my teammates as well as other teams. The hardest part of the job was handling multiple tasks and projects that required an unknown amount of time to complete (based on how complex the issue was and how many issues arose during solving). The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with my co-workers and managers, as we not only worked efficiently together but also created lasting bonds and friendships.