Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Involved in customer service
Licensed Sun Life Advisor (Current Employee), home basedSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free trips
Cons: commison based
It was a great job , however it was only commision based which was to unpredictable for my family. A normal day would involve making calls servicing customers. Handling conflict. Hardest part of the job was selling, best part was client interaction
Training and group insurance activity
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Morning meeting in the morning, talking about what do good and areas need to improved in the company, then individual back to office to make their appointment or seeing clients. people group together will go out to prospective clients especially for small business.
Professional
Financial Advisor (Licensed) (Former Employee), Guelph, On.August 29, 2013
Professional worplace.
The interaction with collegues and clients fulilled a self actulization of complete service and satisfaction in all the career and daily activities.
Sunlife is on the leading edge of technology and spends money to stay there.
Data Center Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
Sunlife is on the leading edge of technology and spends money to stay there.
Enjoyable and knowledgeable technical teams.
please see my attached resume
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 22, 2013
I'm proud to be a Sun Life employee, the only issue is I'm living in Mississauga and the office in Waterloo
Excellent training in sales and customer relationship building
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: self employed
Cons: unstable income
Prospecting for clients, setting up appointments, analyzing insurance and investment needs producing financial plans to achieve goals.
Good experience
Personal financial advisor (Former Employee), Ste Julie. QCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: be part of a very important company and commissions
Cons: payments policies. when the clients cut the insurances contrats, the payments will be debit from your next payroll
In order to have sales, you must to make cold calls, ask for the possibility to have an appointment. If you have the appointment after 10 calls, then make recommendations according to the personal economic profile. Then complete all the sales procedures in the computer, prepare the files, make an order to a medical revision, do and redo the follow-up – more... weekly during the next 3 months, including clients payments and clients no payments etc. I learned to insist and have patient.

The training its scheduled by the company, weekly, monthly. The management depends on your personals abilities. Its a very independent position.The company atmosphere its really good, even the big sense of competition. i really enjoyed the experience but, when you have no appointments, you have no sales, if you have no sales you have not payroll, then you have no bills payed. – less
Great company to work at
Financial Center Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto,onAugust 3, 2013
you will enjoy your work, great management
Working hard each day
Nice work enviroment
DBA (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 26, 2013
Friendly people, engaging environment and convenient location. I felt constantly challenged and loved the cafeteria.
I went into debt $25000 working for this company as a "financial advisor"
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 18, 2013
Pros: free food at some corporate events...
Cons: everything
STAY AWAY!! I can not repeat that enough. My monthly expenses went from a mere $1500 per month to $5000 per month in less than 6 months I quickly ran up debt and here 4 years later am still paying for it!
Overall great, I want to work there again
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 9, 2013
It was a permanent position and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Lots of support from the manager and head office.
Workplace was located right downtown before moving to work from home.
Dental Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2013
Pros: got the chance to work from home for a while
Cons: the day seems long with no contact with people
My colleagues were friendly and helpful with answering questions that are asked from them. The hardest part of the job was the sitting down, working 7.5 hours in front of the computer on production. The most enjoyable part of it is that I can start early and leave early to enjoy the rest of the day to do personal errands that need no time to make up – more... for. – less
Would not recommend this company to anyone
LTD Case Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJune 26, 2013
Pros: great people, good place to learn, great benefits.
Cons: poor management, poor training, low salary, mid-to-poor work-life balance.
Very interesting and engaging work. The people there are the best I've ever worked with. It was a great place to learn, if you are able to learn on the job.
However, the culture is one of ever increasing demands and less resources/time to accomplish anything. Management is a problem. The left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing. They are – more... not transparent and do not lead by example. This company is unfortunately notorious in the insurance industry for creating a toxic atmosphere and has consistently done so, company-wide, since the 1970's. This all leads to a turn-over rate that is still exceedingly high.
The benefits are outstanding. The salary is on the low end of the range for this position, and having a healthy work-life balance is a toss-up depending on many variables.
Most of this cannot be applied to the company as a whole, as I do not have first hand experience with the whole company. – less
Learning Place
Senior Project Manager - Investment and Corp. Apps (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
A place to learn and grow. Very professional and learning environment.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 9, 2013
Pros: work environment
Cons: long hours
This is a great place to work, friendly people, but the salary/benefits are not competitive.
managing the daily details for the financial advisor
Advisor's Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Powell River, BCMay 28, 2013
answering phones, booking appts, recruiting clients, marketing, office inventory, 30 hours a week
Fun
Assistant Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2013
Pros: staff
Cons: n/a
• Assembled data and prepared periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
• Organized, directed, controlled and evaluated the operations of an establishment of life insurance and investments services
• Prepared financial scenarios and documents and wrote reports and recommendations for clients
• Developed, implemented and used tools for – more... managing and analyzing financial portfolios – less
Flexible work schedule, fast paced work environment.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: stressful environment, commission based salary
Working for Sun Life Financial has its ups and downs. In terms of flexibility, Sun Life Financial provided a good balance between work life and social life. The staff was great, provided excellent support. The downs, however, is what has forced me to look for other opportunities. As an advisor, there is only so much you can do for the client but at – more... the end of the day it is up to the client if he/she will take the policy or not. I am a very driven individual and I spend hours building presentations and preparing documents for my clients. At the end of the day, I like to be in control of my productivity but with a commission based salary, if a client makes you do all this work and then decides not to go through with it, it can be very frustrating. I am intrigued by the insurance industry because of what it is capable of doing. In terms of leveraging your risk, insurance is a great asset. I enjoy meeting with clients and being out on the field. One of my biggest strengths is the ability to have a conversation with an individual and really get a sense of what they are thinking and if their is any possibility of a business transaction. Working with Sun Life Financial has definitely thought me how to run my own business, be organized as a professional and how to balance my work and social life. – less
If you are a self-starter, it's great
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: perks: gifts, trips, dinners, etc
Cons: same amount of work can result in various pay scales
- Activity focused environment
- Learned about having a balanced financial plan and how to educate people on money management
- Management team was very helpful- great leadership
- Friendly environment
- Clawbacks are the hardest part of the job
- Mostly enjoyed helping people and their families
fun place with lots of help
Insurance advisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 3, 2013
Pros: u have freedom, u can work as u want
Cons: too much pressure in the beginning
training , making calls , talking with co-workers , lots of encouragement from management, hardest part to get appointments and to stay focused.

About Sun Life Financial

Sun Life is a leading international provider of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individual and corporate – Read more

Sun Life Financial Photos