Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very easy but not enough hours
Receptionist/Lead Generator (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 29, 2013
Working in the office was great for me. I am able to complete tasks in a timely manner and learned a lot about how important life insurance is and how important the reputation of a company is. I enjoyed meeting different kinds of people and working with my co-workers as a team to get various jobs completed.
organized and productive working atmosphere
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 9, 2013
Greatly helped with improving my marketing skills. The managers were professional but lacked a well-organized schedule.
Professional, Valued Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 8, 2013
A typical day at work would involve cold calling, warm calling and referral calling. This allows to keep a flow of meetings going on a weekly basis, resulting in a flow of sales. I learned how to act in a professional, unbiased and ethical manner. My management has been extremely supportive and supported all my decisions. I have never worked with such – more... an easy going group of people in my life. Never has there been one issue. The hardest part of the job is the off chance of not receiving an income (as it is commission based only). The most enjoyable part of this job has been the education I've learned, the people I have met and at the atmosphere. – less
Sun Life was a part time position, but they made sure to give what hours they could and paid well.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCOctober 7, 2013
Pros: they would try to work with my other schedule
Cons: it was not a full permanent position
This job was also a great job. The staff all made sure that everyone was on the same level. Even the manger talked to you like a person and communicated well with all of us.
Lots of rules... Insurance is "serious business"
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Montréal, QCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: do your best, they will notice!
Cons: no parking for ccrs, lol
Lots of great people... Some inspired, some hard-workers, but all thriving for their best performances, day-in and day-out!
employee's where rewarded accoringly for a job well done,
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto,ONSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: excellent sallary, health & dental benefits provided
Cons: hi volume of calls during peak hours
I enjoyed the fifteen years I worked with Sun Life Financial.
I learned a great deal about Dental and Medical coverage.
My co-workers where friendly,I had a instant bond with all my co-workers and as the years passed I looked at them as family rather then co-workers this included Team Leaders, Managers, and Directors. The hardest part of the job was – more... managing the hi volume of calls during peak hours...( we never had enough bodies to manage the magnitude of callers) The sallary was excellent the rewards programs was attainable and regardless of the position
I held with Sun Life Financial I always felt valuable to the company. – less
Involved in customer service
Licensed Sun Life Advisor (Current Employee), home basedSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free trips
Cons: commison based
It was a great job , however it was only commision based which was to unpredictable for my family. A normal day would involve making calls servicing customers. Handling conflict. Hardest part of the job was selling, best part was client interaction
Training and group insurance activity
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 11, 2013
Morning meeting in the morning, talking about what do good and areas need to improved in the company, then individual back to office to make their appointment or seeing clients. people group together will go out to prospective clients especially for small business.
Professional
Financial Advisor (Licensed) (Former Employee), Guelph, On.August 29, 2013
Professional worplace.
The interaction with collegues and clients fulilled a self actulization of complete service and satisfaction in all the career and daily activities.
Sunlife is on the leading edge of technology and spends money to stay there.
Data Center Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2013
Sunlife is on the leading edge of technology and spends money to stay there.
Enjoyable and knowledgeable technical teams.
please see my attached resume
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONAugust 22, 2013
I'm proud to be a Sun Life employee, the only issue is I'm living in Mississauga and the office in Waterloo
Excellent training in sales and customer relationship building
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: self employed
Cons: unstable income
Prospecting for clients, setting up appointments, analyzing insurance and investment needs producing financial plans to achieve goals.
Good experience
Personal financial advisor (Former Employee), Ste Julie. QCAugust 5, 2013
Pros: be part of a very important company and commissions
Cons: payments policies. when the clients cut the insurances contrats, the payments will be debit from your next payroll
In order to have sales, you must to make cold calls, ask for the possibility to have an appointment. If you have the appointment after 10 calls, then make recommendations according to the personal economic profile. Then complete all the sales procedures in the computer, prepare the files, make an order to a medical revision, do and redo the follow-up – more... weekly during the next 3 months, including clients payments and clients no payments etc. I learned to insist and have patient.

The training its scheduled by the company, weekly, monthly. The management depends on your personals abilities. Its a very independent position.The company atmosphere its really good, even the big sense of competition. i really enjoyed the experience but, when you have no appointments, you have no sales, if you have no sales you have not payroll, then you have no bills payed. – less
Great company to work at
Financial Center Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto,onAugust 3, 2013
you will enjoy your work, great management
Working hard each day
Nice work enviroment
DBA (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 26, 2013
Friendly people, engaging environment and convenient location. I felt constantly challenged and loved the cafeteria.
I went into debt $25000 working for this company as a "financial advisor"
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONJuly 18, 2013
Pros: free food at some corporate events...
Cons: everything
STAY AWAY!! I can not repeat that enough. My monthly expenses went from a mere $1500 per month to $5000 per month in less than 6 months I quickly ran up debt and here 4 years later am still paying for it!
Overall great, I want to work there again
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), North York, ONJuly 9, 2013
It was a permanent position and I enjoyed working with my co-workers. Lots of support from the manager and head office.
Workplace was located right downtown before moving to work from home.
Dental Claims Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 4, 2013
Pros: got the chance to work from home for a while
Cons: the day seems long with no contact with people
My colleagues were friendly and helpful with answering questions that are asked from them. The hardest part of the job was the sitting down, working 7.5 hours in front of the computer on production. The most enjoyable part of it is that I can start early and leave early to enjoy the rest of the day to do personal errands that need no time to make up – more... for. – less
Would not recommend this company to anyone
LTD Case Manager (Former Employee), Montreal, QCJune 26, 2013
Pros: great people, good place to learn, great benefits.
Cons: poor management, poor training, low salary, mid-to-poor work-life balance.
Very interesting and engaging work. The people there are the best I've ever worked with. It was a great place to learn, if you are able to learn on the job.
However, the culture is one of ever increasing demands and less resources/time to accomplish anything. Management is a problem. The left hand rarely knows what the right hand is doing. They are – more... not transparent and do not lead by example. This company is unfortunately notorious in the insurance industry for creating a toxic atmosphere and has consistently done so, company-wide, since the 1970's. This all leads to a turn-over rate that is still exceedingly high.
The benefits are outstanding. The salary is on the low end of the range for this position, and having a healthy work-life balance is a toss-up depending on many variables.
Most of this cannot be applied to the company as a whole, as I do not have first hand experience with the whole company. – less
Learning Place
Senior Project Manager - Investment and Corp. Apps (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
A place to learn and grow. Very professional and learning environment.

About Sun Life Financial

Sun Life is a leading international provider of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individual and corporate – Read more

Sun Life Financial Photos