Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Fun big company
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton ,CanadaAugust 31, 2015
Good management ,fun environment to work in
professional people willing to help and assist you any time
helpful to the max
provide you training to achieve your goals
Do not suggest whatsoever
SL Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 31, 2015
It was deplorable. Didn't seem that way at first, but once things got started, it escalated very quickly. Extremely unprofessional and not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Some colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Hard-working staff and pleasant atmosphere
Mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2015
Although we started each day with sorting the health and dental claims, the afternoon offered diverse tasks. Part of a large and friendly group who were always eager to help each other. The job allowed a lot of room for growth.
Excellent employer
Senior Admin. Assistant to the VP of Int'l. Mktg. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Sun Life Financial is an excellent employer.

It is an great place to work; professional and with high standards of client service.
Pros
They provide a lot of training
Cons
Dynamic work environment with great coworkers, good benefits, good pay, and good work hours.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 13, 2015
I loved this job. The constant monitoring of all metrics sometimes got tiring but it made for achievable goals which was rewarding. The culture and my coworkers made what could have sometimes been a tedious job enjoyable. Honestly, had my division not been sold, I would still be there.
Pros
Work hours, salary, annual bonuses and raises, work culture.
Cons
Being tied to the phones, unable to give out personal extention to provice better customer service.
SunLife Financial
Senior Administrator - Group Claims Administrative (Former Employee) –  Montreal QuebecAugust 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. It is a fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job was trying not to take work home.
Cons
no balance between work and home life
Productive and friendly work environment. Everyone is easy going and my colleagues are willing to help me with my questions.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 16, 2015
I worked with Sun Life Financial as an assistant financial advisor. My supervisor and sales manager are very friendly and hard working individuals. They are not only working during office hours and they are willing to committed effort and time after work with clients. I usually arrived office around 9am in the morning. They provided me with coffee and snacks. My job was to conduct research of clients' satisfaction and preference about our insurance products, and I have to build and strengthen relationships with clients through phones to understand their specific needs. Every week, My boss will provide me with soft skills trainings. She is willing to share stories between her and her clients. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have found myself becoming more cooperative with my team members, and I have learned how to communicate properly with clients. This is also the hardest part of the job because different clients have extremely different demands. We need to understand their specific needs and provide preferable life insurance plans or financial service to them.
Pros
Free coffee&tea, snacks. Colleagues often had lunch together. Extremely friendly work environment, Flexible work schedule
Cons
Located in Markham(traffic during rush hours), time spent on commuting
good team
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  North YorkJuly 6, 2015
Involved in collecting process with 90% of efficiency (working with numbers).
Was responsible for data entry and certain bookkeeping functions
Fun and exciting workplace
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 22, 2015
As an intern for a few weeks, I learnt how effective good communication can change desired outcomes. Management was very energetic and excitable and had a wealth of knowledge that was shared.

Co-workers were also very willing and able to share their knowledge and help in anyway they could. The hardest part of the job was the end of the internship.
I really enjoyed learning things I never knew, I never knew.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Not enough hours per day.
Professional Pleasent Work Place
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 15, 2015
Great group of people at Sunlife. If you are in need of guidance there is always someone you can contact for guidance and support.
Work Life Balance
Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2015
Work and life balances is amazing , and company gives ample opportunity to move ahead in the area of interest .
Managers and support group ensure that you get what you deserve
Productive and Safe Enviroment
Assistant Adviser and Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  1000May 15, 2015
I have learned a lot through this job, have gained a lot of experience and skills which I have developed along the way as this will help me for other opportunities in future.
Excellent team, management needs to improve
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  MontrealMay 4, 2015
If you get friendly with management, you will have more chance for advancement than your work will ever do. Just to give you an idea.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
bad management, high turnover
High expectations with no rewards for meeting them.
Long Term Disability Case Manger (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 27, 2015
Jobs are challenging and rewarding but it is difficult to reach and maintain the service standards without working additional hours for which overtime is not paid.
Pros
Leader in the industry, stability. Ability to work from home but not full-time.
Cons
Cannot meet expectations within standard business hours, overtime is not paid.
Great learning environment and positive co-workers
Technology Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2015
Responsibilities included the transition from Nortel telecommunications system to Avaya system, and upkeep for new Avaya system. I learned a great deal about telecommunications and related programming, as well as office etiquette and how to efficiently work with my teammates as well as other teams. The hardest part of the job was handling multiple tasks and projects that required an unknown amount of time to complete (based on how complex the issue was and how many issues arose during solving). The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with my co-workers and managers, as we not only worked efficiently together but also created lasting bonds and friendships.
Great Environment with Great People
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  PickeringApril 8, 2015
Loved going to work everyday
Enjoyed working with all of the people that were in my office
Team building was a big part of the company which was great
Commissioned Sales opportunity with unlimited income potential
Senior Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 6, 2015
150 year old history
brand name
among top 3 financial companies in Canada
flexible timing
work life balance
holistic agents
Enjoyed training, coaching and joint-field work
fixiable working hours, provide lots of training, can meet with people from different area.
Advisor Calgary, A.B (Current Employee) –  Calgary,ABApril 5, 2015
Sun Life Financial provide fixable working hours, I can manage working schedule depends on my client's need. By product information and sales skill training, I learned lots of knowledge from insurance and wealth product. And I also have opportunity to meet with different clients from different background. The co-workers in this company is nice, sometimes we work on new prospect and group clients together, and we share selling skill so that we could improve together. The hardest part of this job is to keep finding new prospect, try to find their need by talking to them so that provide product they might interest. Although this is hard, I do learn the communication skill with people.
Pros
lots of training
Another step towards a career goal
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaMarch 31, 2015
• Building and maintaining Advisor and Client relationships
• Main Sun Life contact for advisors and clients for all inquiries
• Responsible for the growth and profitability of an assigned block of business.
• Ensuring client and advisor needs are met through strong customer service and value added products and services
• Use of different operating Systems, CRM, and reporting systems
• Sold, Renewed, and negotiated Sun Life Group Benefit products and services
Good organization
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  North york, ONMarch 23, 2015
A good organization with secure job. Good technologies to work with a well balanced work-life. Flexible management with lot of employee friendly work options.