Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Career Starter
Jr. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 24, 2015
The company is managed properly but could do better. Learning new technologies and working with intelligent yet fun loving people is the best part of the workplace culture.
Great place to work with great development possibilities
On-Site Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONNovember 16, 2015
Sun Life Financial was a fantastic place to work. During my time there I met a variety of interesting people belonging to multiple different cultures. It was very easy to apply my current knowledge while expanding my knowledge with anything I might need to know in the future.
Typical Insurance Company with multiple projects
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 27, 2015
A very professional company which follows Continuous Maturity Model Integeration level 3 processes. They allow sometimes to work from home, should the circumstances.
Positive environment with great leadership.
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 26, 2015
Work life balance is empeccable and positive support from managment. Ample training provided with great motivation and events provided throughout the year. Fantastic opporturnity to be in a self employed environment but also have support from a reputable large organization.
Pros
Great campaign prizes, Festive events, Great leader.
Cons
Monthly overhead cost, commission structure.
Admin Assistant position
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill ONOctober 19, 2015
Learn about the role of advisor as well as the company itself. Good opportunity for students or those looking to get into the business as an advisor at Sun Life. Clerical work as well as contacting clients, making appointments and follow ups.
An amazing company to work for
Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 1, 2015
Sun Life is an amazing company with many perks for being an employee. My coworkers and management are amazing to work with. I love how it feels like a big family.
fun place to work
Advisor (Current Employee) –  barrie onOctober 1, 2015
Good environment good training from corporate office full commission environment . Need to be willing to learn independently
Great work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONOctober 1, 2015
Management is supportive on work from home due to life demands. Senior management is very approachable and take the time to get to know you.
work culture
.Net developer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 24, 2015
. The very first day of my work, I got bunch of documentation on the current project. It took 3 days time for me, to understand what is going on around.

. I am lucky enough to work under the management, who is more loyal to employees. My management gave me a chance to improve my technical skills in the field of work.

. My co- employees are also kind enough to thought me, the areas of difficulties in the work. They are very social and innovative. I learned lot from my co- workers about, how to be competent.

.Sometimes(project dead lines), I felt little bit difficult to manage the time between personal and professional. But, in the end when we completed the task, the over all time spent on it was worthwhile.
Pros
We often have team lunches, and flexible work hours.
Cons
Long
Difficult to sell, very competative, good working with clients
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford Ont.September 16, 2015
Would not get into this again. Too many people are negative towards insurance. Co-workers were good.

Had one senior advisor that became my mentor, and he taught me a lot. I'm grateful to him.
Pros
working with my clients
productive work
BUSINESS SYSTEM CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 14, 2015
New skills gained and great team to work with

the most enjoyable part of time with Sunlife is I was very regular to work-out to avoid the morning traffic.
Pros
close to work-out place with great program
Cons
All of my past work experience
Resolution Case Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrealSeptember 2, 2015
Working for large corporations or small business, it has been a great experience and eye opener.
Adapted and enjoyed each company I have been employed by. I had different responsibilities and work environment.
Seems I always deal with customers on the phones or face to face.
With Toyota Credit Canada Inc, was involved in customer service, call centre. Helping or answering questions for customers /dealers of their contracts for loans or leases of a vehicle.
At a work force we meet lots of people, co-workers and management. I have made long lasting friends,
As a personnel view, we all need improvement in one way or another. Could be structure of company, politics, way its managed .... to the small person in the front line. We all need to grow !
We do not go by a day, that we do not learn something new !
The hardest or enjoyable part of a job, is satisfaction.
For me, as a customer service agent, its important that I have answered all questions and resolved the issue. At times we get that challenging customer ( as my years of experience), each one person is so different from another. My view at this is just breath and have the customer his/her time to speak out, than take control. Need to have good listening skills, patient and empathy.
The most enjoyable part of my job, was working as a Team....
Learning/helping another co-worker .
Pros
knowledge, learning, new challenges.
Cons
Not having the right training fore a new position
Fun big company
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton ,CanadaAugust 31, 2015
Good management ,fun environment to work in
professional people willing to help and assist you any time
helpful to the max
provide you training to achieve your goals
Do not suggest whatsoever
SL Employee (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 31, 2015
It was deplorable. Didn't seem that way at first, but once things got started, it escalated very quickly. Extremely unprofessional and not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Some colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Hard-working staff and pleasant atmosphere
Mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2015
Although we started each day with sorting the health and dental claims, the afternoon offered diverse tasks. Part of a large and friendly group who were always eager to help each other. The job allowed a lot of room for growth.
Excellent employer
Senior Admin. Assistant to the VP of Int'l. Mktg. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 14, 2015
Sun Life Financial is an excellent employer.

It is an great place to work; professional and with high standards of client service.
Pros
They provide a lot of training
Cons
Dynamic work environment with great coworkers, good benefits, good pay, and good work hours.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 13, 2015
I loved this job. The constant monitoring of all metrics sometimes got tiring but it made for achievable goals which was rewarding. The culture and my coworkers made what could have sometimes been a tedious job enjoyable. Honestly, had my division not been sold, I would still be there.
Pros
Work hours, salary, annual bonuses and raises, work culture.
Cons
Being tied to the phones, unable to give out personal extention to provice better customer service.
SunLife Financial
Senior Administrator - Group Claims Administrative (Former Employee) –  Montreal QuebecAugust 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. It is a fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job was trying not to take work home.
Cons
no balance between work and home life
Productive and friendly work environment. Everyone is easy going and my colleagues are willing to help me with my questions.
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 16, 2015
I worked with Sun Life Financial as an assistant financial advisor. My supervisor and sales manager are very friendly and hard working individuals. They are not only working during office hours and they are willing to committed effort and time after work with clients. I usually arrived office around 9am in the morning. They provided me with coffee and snacks. My job was to conduct research of clients' satisfaction and preference about our insurance products, and I have to build and strengthen relationships with clients through phones to understand their specific needs. Every week, My boss will provide me with soft skills trainings. She is willing to share stories between her and her clients. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have found myself becoming more cooperative with my team members, and I have learned how to communicate properly with clients. This is also the hardest part of the job because different clients have extremely different demands. We need to understand their specific needs and provide preferable life insurance plans or financial service to them.
Pros
Free coffee&tea, snacks. Colleagues often had lunch together. Extremely friendly work environment, Flexible work schedule
Cons
Located in Markham(traffic during rush hours), time spent on commuting
good team
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  North YorkJuly 6, 2015
Involved in collecting process with 90% of efficiency (working with numbers).
Was responsible for data entry and certain bookkeeping functions