Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Life Balance
Functional Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 24, 2015
Work and life balances is amazing , and company gives ample opportunity to move ahead in the area of interest .
Managers and support group ensure that you get what you deserve
Productive and Safe Enviroment
Assistant Adviser and Telemarketer (Former Employee), 1000May 15, 2015
I have learned a lot through this job, have gained a lot of experience and skills which I have developed along the way as this will help me for other opportunities in future.
Excellent team, management needs to improve
Technical Specialist (Former Employee), MontrealMay 4, 2015
Pros: great people, great benefits
Cons: bad management, high turnover
If you get friendly with management, you will have more chance for advancement than your work will ever do. Just to give you an idea.
High expectations with no rewards for meeting them.
Long Term Disability Case Manger (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 27, 2015
Pros: Leader in the industry, stability. Ability to work from home but not full-time.
Cons: Cannot meet expectations within standard business hours, overtime is not paid.
Jobs are challenging and rewarding but it is difficult to reach and maintain the service standards without working additional hours for which overtime is not paid.
Great learning environment and positive co-workers
Technology Support Consultant (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2015
Responsibilities included the transition from Nortel telecommunications system to Avaya system, and upkeep for new Avaya system. I learned a great deal about telecommunications and related programming, as well as office etiquette and how to efficiently work with my teammates as well as other teams. The hardest part of the job was handling multiple tasks and projects that required an unknown amount of time to complete (based on how complex the issue was and how many issues arose during solving). The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships I built with my co-workers and managers, as we not only worked efficiently together but also created lasting bonds and friendships.
Great Environment with Great People
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee), PickeringApril 8, 2015
Loved going to work everyday
Enjoyed working with all of the people that were in my office
Team building was a big part of the company which was great
Commissioned Sales opportunity with unlimited income potential
Senior Associate Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 6, 2015
150 year old history
brand name
among top 3 financial companies in Canada
flexible timing
work life balance
holistic agents
Enjoyed training, coaching and joint-field work
fixiable working hours, provide lots of training, can meet with people from different area.
Advisor Calgary, A.B (Current Employee), Calgary,ABApril 5, 2015
Pros: lots of training
Sun Life Financial provide fixable working hours, I can manage working schedule depends on my client's need. By product information and sales skill training, I learned lots of knowledge from insurance and wealth product. And I also have opportunity to meet with different clients from different background. The co-workers in this company is nice, sometimes we work on new prospect and group clients together, and we share selling skill so that we could improve together. The hardest part of this job is to keep finding new prospect, try to find their need by talking to them so that provide product they might interest. Although this is hard, I do learn the communication skill with people.
Another step towards a career goal
Account Executive (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMarch 31, 2015
• Building and maintaining Advisor and Client relationships
• Main Sun Life contact for advisors and clients for all inquiries
• Responsible for the growth and profitability of an assigned block of business.
• Ensuring client and advisor needs are met through strong customer service and value added products and services
• Use of different operating Systems, CRM, and reporting systems
• Sold, Renewed, and negotiated Sun Life Group Benefit products and services
Good organization
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee), North york, ONMarch 23, 2015
A good organization with secure job. Good technologies to work with a well balanced work-life. Flexible management with lot of employee friendly work options.
Good technology
Senior Systems Analyst/System Designer (Former Employee), North YorkMarch 9, 2015
Pros: stable systems, decent benefits
Good IT technology - very stable.
Able to increase the breath of types of systems, processes and projects that I worked on. Typically, people worked collaboratively, with some exceptions. Most development performed off-shore.
Life is brighter under the sun!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: level salary
Life is brighter under the sun!

You ca be your own boss, work on your own schedule and great when qualified during campaigns and convention.
Exciting and Fun place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent management team
Cons: 100% commissions is stressful
I really enjoyed my employment with Sun Life Financial, not only because of the fact we are helping people find financial security, but the management team made being at the office a very happy place to be. The financial center in Kitchener was just like one big family, everyone was always competitive with each other, but everybody helped each other as well. I always enjoyed sharing tips and tricks on unique sales techniques with my fellow advisors.
Their are definitely highs and lows that come along with a 100% commissions career, but the lows were easy to overcome because of the support system we had.
With Sun Life, your constantly learning new things, and they really made learning a lot of fun.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), WaterlooFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great hours, independence
Provide medical and dental benefit coverage via incoming call center.

Best part was providing great customer service. Worst part was some people would be frustrated when they maxed out their benefit allowance - however, you just had to remain calm, positive tone, be apologetic yet assertive to plan members as it's their employers who make their benefit plans, not Sunlife Financial.
Owning your own Business
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Kitchener ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great bonuses
Cons: long hours
Great company
Met with client daily
Developed financial plans
Helping people was the most enjoyable part of my job
The hours were very long
The management did a great job training
Reviewed, examinied, calculated and audited claims investigated by the insurance adjuststers
Claims Administrator - Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 3, 2015
I found that when I did this particular job that I wasn't using my skills that I had acquired. My co-workers were easy to work with.
Same as prior Sun Life Review
Advisor (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 29, 2015
Please see prior Review of Sun Life Financial. Company review is the same, just a different role.
Good culture, but it's still a large company and a process based company
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
I love the fact that everyone wants you to learn and improve, the culture really supports development and it's a great company to work for.
A very professional work environment
Advisor (Former Employee), Richmond HillJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: excellent training and support
Cons: very unstable income/commission only/chargebacks.
- Great team attitude for a sales force industry.
- Excellent training systems available to increase knowledge, develop expertise and hone everyday skills and habits.
- Long hours needed to prospect and develop a clientele/block of business.
- Managers always willing to coach and support growth, answer questions, train advisors as needed.
- Learned an incredible amount about financial services and sales.
Productive and Good working Environment
TIBCO Developer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 13, 2015
Its really a good company that encourages the employees and appreciate their hard work

1 2 3 4 5

About Sun Life Financial

Sun Life is a leading international provider of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individual and corporate – Read more

Sun Life Financial Photos

Sun Life Financial of Canada office in Basingstoke, UK.
Sun Life Office in Gurgaon