Sun Life Financial Employee Review

View all Sun Life Financial reviews

Professional, Valued Company
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2013
A typical day at work would involve cold calling, warm calling and referral calling. This allows to keep a flow of meetings going on a weekly basis, resulting in a flow of sales. I learned how to act in a professional, unbiased and ethical manner. My management has been extremely supportive and supported all my decisions. I have never worked with such an easy going group of people in my life. Never has there been one issue. The hardest part of the job is the off chance of not receiving an income (as it is commission based only). The most enjoyable part of this job has been the education I've learned, the people I have met and at the atmosphere.

Other Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Risky Endeavour
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 February 2018
I love working for SLF however being an advisor is extremely difficult. If you don't have a proper prospecting plan in order you will find yourself in debt/out of the company soon.
Pros
Your own hours
Cons
Your manager could be awful
Admin Support
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 February 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity of working with such large groups of individuals, and various software programs. As well as their flexibility and support with changing jobs when the desire was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Financial. Our community is ready to answer.