Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dedicated Company to their Advisors and Clients
Group Benefits SunAdvantage Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: able to work independently, job task gives you a sense of accomplishment
Working in the Group Benefits Sales area is fast pace, motivating and self driven.
Knowledge in group benefits in all area is of utmost importance and you learn something new everyday. Every task gives you a sense of accomplishment.
You are required to work independently, and if needed your co-workers and manager are there to discuss and resolve any – more... issues.
The most challenging and enjoyable part of the job is meeting the turnaround times. We do rely on other sources for information, and in the sales area timing of responses are crucial. It is challenging for me as I strive in providing great customer services by being able to respond right away. When I am not able to, it is important to inform the waiting recipient right and provide a timeline for expectation.
I take pride in my job and in building relationships. This only results in excellent service! – less
productive and very fun place to work at
Group Benefits Account Manager (Former Employee), Toronto/OntOctober 10, 2014
Pros: high day to day contacts with the clients
Cons: long commute to work
Great people to work with..great Company to work for. Flexible work environment with great management and a focused strategy.
Productive and engaging company
Asia Desk, Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
A great company culture that emphasizes on people development, and a customer-centered business model.
Depends on Management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Hiring managers mislead me about the position.
You are required to sell to friends and family, then cold call.

Also, you must rent an office for hundreds of dollars every month and must also pay for overpriced Group Benefit Plans.
A friendly family
Manager, Internal Control (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONSeptember 26, 2014
Good benefit,
Slow pace,
Low pressure,
comprehensive business
High earning potential, hard work required
Advisor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Sun Life Financial offers an excellent opportunity for entry level business professionals. A motivating culture with high earning potential.
Great company to work for.
Medical Claims Consultant (Waterloo) (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: employees are recognized for a job well done.
Cons: sometimes. if required to work on the weekend, in addition to overtime pay lunch is provided.
H & D is a production environment. Check your queue assignment and begin working. Every minute has to be accounted. During breaks and lunches you mingle with your co-workers.
During peak periods there are some fun stuff that the management team put on to ease the stress.
The most difficult aspect of the job is when trying to convince management that – more... a process doesn't work.
Sunlife is a great company to work. You have the flexibility to choose your hours of work, breaks and lunch in the H & D Department.
Refridgerators,microwaves and hot and cold water are provided in the lunch areas. Lunch can be eaten at your desk.
During my 18 years until organizaztional changes, I enjoyed as part of my role providing coaching and support to employees. – less
Very political and slow
IT Position (Former Employee), OntarioAugust 20, 2014
Pros: you can retire there. salary is average and benefits good
Cons: political environment
Typical Day at Work
- Everything needs to be approved and reviewed 10 times
- Expectation is that you document everything
- Aside conversations sometimes makes you feel as you are not valuable for the organization.
What you learned
- Very little. If you are a young professional, you have a lot to learn from the experimented people. If you are an experienced – more... person working with big companies, don't expect a lot of innovation.
- Very knowledgeable
- Very political and slow to make decisions
Co-Workers
- Nice environment
- High Turnover
Hardest part of the job
- Write a lot of documents and also work
- Participate on multiple meetings that are not productive
The most enjoyable part of the job
- Waterloo office has a Tim Hortons :-) – less
DIGITAL MAIL SERVICES
DIGITAL MAIL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 4, 2014
DIGITAL MAIL SERVICES
REPRESENTATIVE
CONTRACT PART TIME
TEAMWORK
Enjoyed working at Sun Life Financial.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: boss is very nice, flexible hours
I start off the day with entering new clients and updating accounts for existing clients onto the system (CDS).
I am required to communicated with head office for extend information that isn't available to me on the CDS. For example, if a clients plan has lapsed, I would have to find out what the costs are to re-activate account and how many payments – more... were missed. And I had to all the photocopying and filing.

With all the data entry that I was required to do for this job, my wpm and kph have increased substantially. I've learnt how to manage my time properly given the tasks that I have to complete for the day. – less
Challenging work, excellent compensation
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 24, 2014
This job can be demanding at times, as one is running their own business.

The most enjoyable aspect of the job is working with clients face to face, and having the satisfaction of knowing one can provide peace of mind to their clients.
My job Summary
Financial security advisor (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 23, 2014
. Prospect and qualify potential clients using various methods as referral and public advertisement.

. Satisfy clients’ financial needs by designing a custom made plan from the array of products

. Plans contain wealth management solutions, insurance products, banking solutions and debt products

. Meet regularly with clients for review and service.
Review Summary
Marketing and Sales Trainee (Former Employee), Richmond Hill - Ontario, CanadaJuly 20, 2014
This opportunity was a Trainee job for me, the idea was work for 2 weeks in the company supporting Marketing Sales Strategies for Sun Life Finacial products. This was an intership for my Marketing, Sales and Account Management Diploma
busy day at all times from start to end
Assistant to a Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 8, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
-booked appointments and re booked
-made calls, cold and referrals
Great company
Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2014
Great company with a good corporate culture and work life balance.
Boring environment with socially awkward colleagues.
Process Analyst (Former Employee), Waterloo, OntarioJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: parking is four kilometres from the office.
Management is false and shallow.
Good benefits.
Not much in the way of work support.
HR services incredibly lacklustre.
SLF is a great Company to work for
Data Centre Technician (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: working in the middle of the night
Great company to work for. Use top grade equipment and procedures. Day is varied with physical servers and equipment to install. Troubleshoot connectivity issues. Document all procedures and methodology. Great culture of sharing knowledge, some very fine colleagues.
Awesome place to work, excellent environment at the time I worked there
CSR & Team Trainer (Former Employee), Waterloo, onJune 18, 2014
When I worked there in the early 2000's, it was a great place to work. Excellent pay and work/life balance and met some great people.
great people
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 10, 2014
Sunlife has a great sales force with an excellent management team.
Variety, Full, Fun and busy
IT BUSINESS COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 3, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: benefits could have been at full coverage
There was always so much I was expose to in SLF no matter what my role. We were free to learn more, move forward and contribute to the growth or changing ways of SLF and it's direction.

Felt alive and excited working for SLF never a dry moment and the people were fantastic!

1 2 3 4 5

About Sun Life Financial

Sun Life is a leading international provider of protection and wealth accumulation products and services to individual and corporate – Read more

Sun Life Financial Photos