Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Self-motivating yet very multiculture financial center
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Financial advisor is self-employeed so every day is self challenging. I learned to self motivate to prospect and be consistent with daily activities.

Our financial center is very multi-cultured and everyone is very respectful. Cultural bonding is very good and everyone appreciate others.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to help my clients with financial planning and advise them on future financial goals and dreams.

The management were very supportive in terms of education, events, personal relationship buildups, and encouragement.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Flexibility
Excellent company to work for with top notch leadership! People are fabulous!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 April 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing and learning from cross-functional teams. Each day presented a new opportunity to contribute and make a difference!
Independant financial planner
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 April 2017
Non-occupant; not applicable for many things such as culture as I am an independently employed person. The financial center is beautiful and provides support and office/meeting space.
Great workplace culture
Bilingual Group Retirement Plan Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 April 2017
Great place to work, a company that cares for their employees and a great company that helps the community. Great workplace culture and a lot room for advancement.
Lack concept of work/life balance
Marketing and Communications (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
Hard work is not recognized but is expected without compensation. My dept has no concept of work-life balance therefore like to hire new graduates with no life.
Multi Task Enviroment, Fun, place for growth
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent place for those who want to bring growth in insurance products and services. Provide training and support at all levels, international organization there is an opportunity for those who really want to relocate different places or country.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
n/a
Employer who tries hard but limits support for career advancement
Abilities Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
Moving to another role is a long process and is only given to employees that will have the least impact to the budget. They will hire a less qualified person over the best candidate, in order to save money.
Pros
Good work from home & in-office balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Great company, if only there was a salary
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 March 2017
Very good company and great company to retire in.
Thing is you have to survive in the business for at least 5 years before saying that you have a chance.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Commision
Security with the company
COMPLEX ISSUE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 February 2017
I loved working for Sun Life. The management, job security, pay, benefits and overall experience with Sun Life is fantastic. I left Sun Life because I went back to school, but I would love to find another position like the one I had, especially at Sun Life.
Enjoyable workplace
Assistant Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2017
SunLife has a great working atmosphere! I learned a lot there. Colleagues are helpful and friendly. The manager is approachable. It also has a good location.
Great place to work at
Fixed Income Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Great team and great work environment! Good work life balance as well. Very collaborative work environment. Nice people to work with.
Pros
Great timings
Cons
Things can get a bit slow
constant change in management and like all financial institutions expect more with less
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 February 2017
I loved my job and the people I worked with over the years It can be a stressful environment but the people are what make the job tolerable.
Pros
people
Cons
stress
Ccc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
I love working for Sun Life!! Very professional company! Amazing coworkers. Great benefits and amazing experience to learn about insurance products. Again I love it!
Pros
No weekends and no sale
Cons
Late shifts until 8
Great working environment for a student with approachable colleagues
Product Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Working as a summer student at Sun Life was an amazing introduction to the working corporate world. I was treated as an equal and trusted by my employer and colleagues. I was given freedom in the work I did and that allowed me to build up my time management and planning skills.
Good place
Investment Consultant/ Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Great place to work for job security and work/life balance. However, compensation levels are lower than industry average.
Excellent company to work for
DATA ENTRY ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2017
Even though I had a short time experience with this company, my time there was worth it. The staff and management were very detailed in what was expected, it made the days very enjoyable.
Professional and a great learning experience
Assistant Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
Sunlife allowed me to get a glimpse of how to work in a finance based company. I didn't know much but this experience really helped me learn a lot and allowed me to use some of that knowledge in my work and in the real world.
Excellent company
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 January 2017
Sun Life is an excellent company, which feels like an extended family. The work life balance is fair, and everyone treats one another with dignity and respect.
Great Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Great Company to work for.
Flexible time lines.
Great Company culture
Great people
Allows you to work from home
Internal systems are great
Poor with the exception of Management positions
Client Service Administrator - Corporate Accts (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 January 2017
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians! Always pressuring staff to come up with better ways to do business and to save money with as little resources as possible. That is a welcoming suggestion and can work but to push it on staff repeatedly when we've already reached our peak is mind numbing! Overtime is expected to keep up... customer service goes down as you cannot keep up with daily expectations. This worked against my work ethic as I truly believe that if you gain business opportunities through your sales force promising great service and then you don't deliver - you lose the client and and the effort of the sales force. Management then expects YOU to do your best to retain that client. It's not fair to the client, sales force or staff. I was glad when I was told my job had moved to Montreal as I didn't know what to say to client's anymore. I couldn't keep up with client expectations and the Sun Life surely didn't want us to tell the client's why... so it started to appear that staff wasn't up to par! Not Fair!
Pros
Staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Life Financial. Our community is ready to answer.