Sun Life Financial

Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Ccc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
I love working for Sun Life!! Very professional company! Amazing coworkers. Great benefits and amazing experience to learn about insurance products. Again I love it!
Pros
No weekends and no sale
Cons
Late shifts until 8
Great working environment for a student with approachable colleagues
Product Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Working as a summer student at Sun Life was an amazing introduction to the working corporate world. I was treated as an equal and trusted by my employer and colleagues. I was given freedom in the work I did and that allowed me to build up my time management and planning skills.
Good place
Investment Consultant/ Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Great place to work for job security and work/life balance. However, compensation levels are lower than industry average.
Excellent company to work for
DATA ENTRY ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2017
Even though I had a short time experience with this company, my time there was worth it. The staff and management were very detailed in what was expected, it made the days very enjoyable.
Professional and a great learning experience
Assistant Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2017
Sunlife allowed me to get a glimpse of how to work in a finance based company. I didn't know much but this experience really helped me learn a lot and allowed me to use some of that knowledge in my work and in the real world.
Excellent company
Internal Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 January 2017
Sun Life is an excellent company, which feels like an extended family. The work life balance is fair, and everyone treats one another with dignity and respect.
Great Company
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Great Company to work for.
Flexible time lines.
Great Company culture
Great people
Allows you to work from home
Internal systems are great
Poor with the exception of Management positions
Client Service Administrator - Corporate Accts (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 January 2017
Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians! Always pressuring staff to come up with better ways to do business and to save money with as little resources as possible. That is a welcoming suggestion and can work but to push it on staff repeatedly when we've already reached our peak is mind numbing! Overtime is expected to keep up... customer service goes down as you cannot keep up with daily expectations. This worked against my work ethic as I truly believe that if you gain business opportunities through your sales force promising great service and then you don't deliver - you lose the client and and the effort of the sales force. Management then expects YOU to do your best to retain that client. It's not fair to the client, sales force or staff. I was glad when I was told my job had moved to Montreal as I didn't know what to say to client's anymore. I couldn't keep up with client expectations and the Sun Life surely didn't want us to tell the client's why... so it started to appear that staff wasn't up to par! Not Fair!
Pros
Staff
Very good work atmosphere
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
Well managed and stable company. Best working conditions I have experienced. Colleagues were very professional, offices are well appointed and very flexible work schedule.
Sunlife
Implementation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2017
A typical day a work varies between client supply and demand. There is a high turn over which results in our job description being altered. There is a lack on consistency but in terms of management and company loyalty there is no other place I have been to that has so much respect for their employees.
Excellent work culture and limitless earning potential!
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2017
Sun Life Financial Advisor:

A typical day will involve spending half prospecting and making phone calls, while the other half will be spent reviewing client portfolios and doing administrative duties. Learning to manage time and sales techniques have been a beneficial aspect of the job.

Management and co-workers are friendly with a enjoyable work culture throughout the financial center. The hardest part of the job is being paid on 100% commission. Although this is beneficial for potential earnings, it is difficult for new advisors starting in the industry.

Most enjoyable about the job is the continuing education and experience gained through running your own business and servicing people with their financial needs.
Well rounded company
Assist business units (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON22 December 2016
It is a great company to work for and it promotes employees career developments. Always updating with new technologies.
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 December 2016
Sunlife gives you the oppurtunity to grow and offers a great work environment. Lots of learning oppurtunities. Amicable co owrkers. Tim Hortons and Starbucks on the premise:-)
Productive and Job experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2016
Working at Sun life is such a good Job experience. I come in and get set up and start work. then after 2 hours of work, I take a break, chat with other co-workers, and then get back to work. it is such a healthy work environment. What I learned while working at Sun life is the amount of work and effort needed to be put in order to get a successful outcome. The management is good. They are very organized. It is a healthy work friendly environment where everyone gets along. The hardest part of the job is the process. Getting the leads for insurance sales can be tasking. The most enjoyable part is the result. When you finally get a lead and the lead goes successful.
Pros
Friendly environment, vacations
Cons
tasking process for getting leads
productive and fun workspace
Technical Project Manager/ Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the two bonuses I received during my four months there; the least being the constant verbal lashings and lack of praise I received from my area vice president over things as trivial as post-its.
Awesome team spirit, customer-centrism, training, coaching, mentoring
Long Term Disability Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
My impression from the first day to the last day at Sun Life is summed in these words, " if you look around you at 10 a.m and your environment is awesome, your colleagues are simply great, you are supported to be the best in the job you do, and you enjoy your job, then you are very lucky".

My Sun Life experience is nothing short of awesome on daily basis, the training, the mentoring, the coaching, the customer feed back.

I enjoyed every bit of it and I will miss it.
Pros
Team, bonding, training, coaching, growth, etc
Cons
The environment was too positive for me to notice cons, the management is in constant improvement gear.
Building your own Business
Wealth, Health, and Insurance Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2016
It is difficult to be a financial advisor with no block of business.
Prospecting - Commision only job.

It is important if you want to be a career agent to know what type of support you will need and to make sure the office you work for has that support.
Insurance Agent
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 December 2016
Working with Sun Life is a very good experience. I have done a lot of cold calls and contacts from referrals. I love working with people that is one reason I choose insurance. I am very good with customer service also.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
Commission base only
Strong performing company with a clear direction.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 December 2016
The company has a set of values and core pillars of growth that drives the business forward. Because business is growing, it is constantly busy. Expect a tremendous amount of work to be completed quickly with accuracy. A high performance culture drives the workforce. Overall a good company with many opportunities.
financial advisor
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2016
.prospect clients and promote financial products
.prepare financial analysis report to manager
.maintain good relationship with clients
.attend sales events and seminars