Sun Life Financial Employee Reviews

Similar to Other Insurance Companies
Production Support Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON11 December 2017
The work they do is interesting, but the culture is very similar to other companies in the financial/insurance industry. In addition, they are a bit inefficient.
Worst company to work for
Finance Executive (Former Employee) –  Thornbay Alora Alberta10 December 2017
Sunlife are criminal liars!!!
I worked with them for 15 years!!! We hire doctors and pay them to write false medical reports so that we can cut the benefits to our paying clients, force them back to work so that we can continue to deduct percentages from their pay check, this was my department I worked in and I couldn't continue to work in this environment any longer. How this company is still operating without a serious investigation is beyond me
Pros
Lots of money, bonuses and incentives
Cons
Losing your sense of self and morality
Walk the Talk
North American Food Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2017
Hard to give a high level review as this is a dynamic company with many different positions and types of employment. Many employees have been there 20 years or longer.
Professional and Fun
Call center agent, (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2017
This was a really professional environment that trains the employee to push themselves to the utmost best. the hardest part was coping with the longest hours. The most enjoyable part was working in the friendly environment and talking with customers
great remunaration
Financial Security Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2017
Great place to work, great team, great company. I really recommend this career to anyone who is a true entrepreneur. you have got to put in some work. Prospect, prospect, and prospect. If you can do that, you will be just fine.
Pros
great mullah
Cons
overall good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 December 2017
Overall good place to work.
Work/Life balance is very dependant on your manager and department.
Depending on department and management in that department, will determine your typical day. Most departments offer flexible time.
Good company to work
processing health and dental claim (Former Employee) –  NEW DELHI3 December 2017
The work was good . management helped employees a lot

There were no pressure of the job. ;

Learning new things every day and using them during our work
great people
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 November 2017
everyone inside and outside the team was great to work with, the culture and atmosphere is always great.

Would take the opportunity again in a heartbeat.
love the company and the culture
Program Coordinator, Strategy Development (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 November 2017
I have only wonderful feedback to provide on my experience as an employee at Sun Life. Sun Life is a forward thinking company that provides a stable work environment that encourages growth as well as work/life balance.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lengthy HR processes
Meetings to kick start your day.
Testing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 November 2017
The people are great to work with and coming up with solutions that are manageable to deliver on time within budget. The tools and training are available to do your job.
Pros
lunches
Commission Based
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 November 2017
Not easy to find business. It is very good if you have network. If yes, it is the best job you can have. Work/life balance is great and making money will be easy
Fun and Meet Great People
Administrator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB16 November 2017
typical receptionist job. you are the face of the business when the clients walk through the door. Greet them professionally. General clerical responsibilities, kept track of deadlines, typed letters in various formats with high degree of accuracy. worked with minimal supervision. ensured information was filed in the appropriate manner.
Pros
Good Wage
Cons
Term position
Good Products Expensive Premiums
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 November 2017
Being one of the largest insurance company they have really good reputation. The work is self satisfying because you are helping people planning for their unexpected future. Personal experience, there was a few who turned down on the insurance policy ended up suffering from injuries and death, it's not a joke when they say it's a serious matter to make each sales.
sunlife financial
ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 November 2017
The job is very demanding, and very challenging. Being completely commission based you can work 60 hours a week and make absolutely no money (which I personally experienced). I have become tired of giving all effort and getting nothing back, simply trying to help families.
Pros
no boss
Cons
unstable
Productive and enjoy being a secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Philippines13 November 2017
my typical day at work was to be sure all the necessary documents of the underwriter's were complete and in proper place.
To communicate well with the clients in hospitable way so they will pay their due date's obligations.
it was a quiet and professional place to work.
The hardest part is when we received a bounced check and cannot reached the clients.
The most enjoyable part was when the underwriter's closed their transaction with the clients and having a bonuses.
Pros
having free snacks
Amazing Corporate Culture
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2017
The workplace culture at SLF is unmatched! Being employed by such a large, identifiable and impactful company, has it's many appeals. In a sales or marketing role, the brand sells itself. Management, from my experience, has been very supportive.
Nice people working in a fast paced environment.
Wealth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2017
Job can be monotonous or overwhelming depending on the day. Few breaks or changes of pace. However, lots of job security and salary and benefits are very reasonable.
Pros
Benefits. Job Security. People.
Cons
Depending on the day either over worked or under worked.
Countless opportunities and excellent company culture + benefits
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 October 2017
Sun Life provides endless opportunities for career advancement. Not to mention the top of the line benefits as an employee. Employees and managers are great to work with.
Pros
Fringe benefits, culture, management
Cons
Salary could be better
Effective and cooperative work place
AML investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2017
One thing i like about the work environment is the cooperation in the team. A very comfortable and conducive work space with leaders who are very helpful and wants their subordinate to grow
fun and interesting work culture
LIFE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  CA29 October 2017
interesting, never boring something new always coming up.
people and team, team leaders and mangers very friendly and approachable.
I loved my job here the work was so interesting I actually miss it!
Pros
free pizza quite a lot!!
Cons
salary is a bit low for the work you do!