Sun Country Health Region Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Redvers, SK1 July 2016
Fun to work colleagues. Fun job serving the elderly people. Good managers to work with. It gets busy at times but still we manage to work under pressure.
Good to place to work, could use more effective leadership
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK15 June 2016
staff very friendly and great to work with.

Management had many challenges which decreased ability for good leadership.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Lack of effective leadership
productive n fun
Food service worker-cook- housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Redvers, SK15 September 2015
i loved working for the health region and the sick n elderley ppl.... its an awesome place to work grate benifets and awesome union...
Pros
the union... pay is good
Cons
long hrs on your feet
Fast paced environment with great job satisfaction
Intake Worker/Mental Health Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Weyburn, Saskatchewan27 April 2015
Each day at Mental Health Intake requires me to rise to meet new challenges in order to find assistance and treatment for my clients. I've learned that surrounding the client with as many options for resources generally is the best way to assist them. In order to do so, I am always on the look-out for new resources in the community for clients to access. Management provides me with the support needed, but does not micromanage each step of my job. On the contrary, I am free to develop new means to assist clients, such as starting a new "single session clinic" to meet clients sooner as assess their needs. The hardest part of the job is managing muliple contacts with numerous clients, consulting other professionals, and securing additional resources in a timely fashion. Many times, it just seems as though there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done that I need to. However, once those connections are made and my clients are connected with the appropriate program, there is satisfaction in knowing that I met their needs.
Pros
Fast-paced, supportive environment
Cons
Not enough time to access new resources for clients