Responsible for conducting, coordinating and administrating development of physical packaging design, packaging specifications and documentation. Work with Engineering and Operations on implementation of packaging material processes on equipment through review of compatibility and selection, and support on validation and implementation. Able to manage and support multiple initiatives simultaneously with a variety of stakeholders, departments and cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for ongoing packaging material and format specification development and modification such as case or carton design, films & wraps, unitization requirements, etc.
- Responsible for developing creative and functional packaging designs and specifications and ensures functionality through the entire manufacturing and supply chain.
Support and Assist Engineering Department Projects
- Provides end-to-end support of new innovation for packaging processes.
- Responsible for leading and validating packaging value engineering initiatives and process improvements.
Manage Packaging Specifications Database/Catalogues
- Responsible for preparation and approval on design documentation for die lines, Cad Drawings, Print Proofs, and other technical documents.
- Ensures compliance and coordinates the review and approval by other stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing new and modifying existing pallet patterns, and unitization standards for branded, co-pack and contract products.
Provide technical knowledge, expertise and industry/market information with respect to packaging materials, systems, and sustainability and environmental matter
- Keeps self and others up to date and informed on existing and emerging technologies, through review of technical and trade publications, direct contact with vendors and technology providers, attendance of trade/industry events, seminars or training, as approved by Packaging Manager.
- Must keep abreast of sustainability and environmental technical advances, trends, and current events in the packaging and recycling industry.
- Post-Secondary Technology Diploma / Degree with packaging materials & processes specialization.
- 3-5 years related consumer goods packaging and production experience.
- Knowledge of consumer goods and/or foods packaging & processes.
- Solid knowledge of, and experience with packaging equipment and production lines.
- Strong computer software skills, MS Office, CAD, CAPE, Illustrator, and others.
- Strong, written, and verbal communication skills able to lead, and positively influence cross functional groups to needed outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organization skills, proficient at managing, prioritizing, and executing multiple tasks and projects.
Sun-Rype offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Learn more about Sun-Rype Products Ltd. and submit your resume on line at www.sunrype.ca/careers.
We thank all interested parties. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.