SumTotal Systems Employee Reviews

good to work
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  hyd, Telangana5 September 2017
its a nice place to work for an employee,more benefits like snack coupans,montghly lunch team outings.timings are not considered
work quality is checked
Pros
Timings are not considered
Cons
Timings are not considered
Good company but poorly structured
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL8 August 2017
My position is supposed to be more strategic, but I end up chasing cases all day long - making sure other people are doing their jobs. I have all the responsibility of keeping the customers happy with no authority to make sure the other people do their part of the job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor senior management
fun loving work place with great growth
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana3 August 2017
It's a work place you can prefer to grow yourself as an professional.
You can grow as an technology specialist or you can chose to go to the management side. It basically the product based firm.
Not the best company culture that I have experienced
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 July 2017
Worked here for about 8 months, and during which period I was constantly confused by the process for sales, and became even more confused when they fired me out of nowhere.

Some people may have had different experiences while working for this company, but I definitely struggled each day to even get the salesforce tool updated for sales forecasts.
Cons
Totally
Nothing Long Term
Technical Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL24 May 2017
This is a great company if you are fresh out of school or looking for something to get by. However, there is no long term option here. No opportunities for advancement, and you will be lucky to ever sniff a semi decent raise.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad INDIA11 May 2017
Good working environment, Extremely good Management and the company makes sure that every employee has good work life balance loads to learn from modules provided by the company
Employee friendly
Data Centre Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, Telangana28 April 2017
I would recommend freshers to start their career with sumtotal. It provided good work life balance . It provide good incentives as well , but the hikes will be less.
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL18 April 2017
great place to work
nice environment and friendly coworkers
expanded learning
bagels on Friday's
pizza party once a month.............................
Generally positive, especially within the product group, but many silos
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJ23 January 2017
Generally a solid place to work, and I am happy to have spent as much time with the group as I did. The only major downside was that the company owned a variety of related products, and only the most central seemed to receive much attention from upper management. Although they did make an effort to stay connected and meet in the various offices around the country and world somewhat regularly, the efforts and accomplishments of my product group only seemed to attract interest in a formal sense.
Opportunities to learn and explore
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad4 December 2016
Opportunities to try new things, explore and implement new processes. New challenges each day and motivated team to help overcome them. Exchange ideas.
Fast and productive learning experience
Technical Support Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL15 June 2016
I was taught many different learning softwares. My co-workers were my teammates and my teachers. Its a very easy-going, team-oriented office and that is what is most enjoyable.
Pros
Relaxing work enviroment
Good work environment
Talent Acquisition Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL1 June 2016
Positive experience both with co-workers and after working with hiring managers to welcome new talent to the SumTotal team.
productive and great co workers
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL12 April 2016
I really appreciate the work atmosphere, the workload can fluctuate but the leadership seems to keep perspective on growth patterns.
Horribly mismanaged from top to bottom.
Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL24 December 2015
Sumtotal is a bad company by design. The only effective portion of the company is the sales and marketing teams, which must be telling lies as the products are broken and do not meet customer expectations.

I did not have a single customer call that didn't have their representative asking why they bothered with our software. The software is heavily data dependent, by design, and because of the incredibly redundant and poor design choices, it breaks, even when working with the software on the company side. This causes the continual issues with the customer, making CSRs, engineers and the company look bad.

I had more than one instance where I managed to advise better implementation in simple daily tasks that were agreed to and immediately dismissed. This is a technology company that still requires work in triplicate.

If you live in Gainesville and just want a pay check, apply. Otherwise it is not worth living there to deal with a company that doesn't care about itself, its ethics or its employees.
Pros
Due to bad upper level management they're not afraid to waste money: pay and benefits are good, occasional free food
Cons
Horribly management from top to bottom, Forced to deal with and wait on conflicting time zones, Horrible on boarding process, outdated and patchworked methodology, Poor responses for support, Possible racist anti-american attitudes, Several instances where "hindi" was used to hide conversation badly.
Nothing good to say.
Software Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FL15 October 2015
I really don't have anything to say about this place except that it's priorities were not where they should have been. They were more worried about sales and acquisitions than they were about fixing the products they had.
Pros
Free Soda
Cons
Gainesville
Career Growth- Zilch
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad1 July 2015
This company just focuses on getting revenue but not the employees. It has zero growth plans and the work life balance is absolutely nil. You are virtually a slave when you work for this company.
A great place to work
Senior Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA17 April 2015
The OnDemand team was awesome up to the day the company was purchased by a venture capital group. Several offices were closed and people were laid off or given the opportunity to relocate from Washington to Florida at their own expense. Oh yea and take a pay cut as well. In all fairness that was several years ago. Not sure what it is like now.
Pros
Great team environment
Fun workplace
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL4 December 2014
I have been able to learn many things in my roles at SumTotal. The accounting team that I work with creates a family environment and they allow you to have a great work and family balance. I enjoy the open door policy that my managers have. If I ever want to take on more responsibility or learn new things my managers are willing to listen to me and accommodate my needs to learn.
good place for entry level people
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines6 August 2014
good work life balance
the bad things is the salary is too low
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
good place to start a career
Software Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IA12 June 2014
SumTotal is a great place to try out a new career in software development or quality assurance. They ask a lot of their business side employees, but the developers have a lot more flexibility. This flexibility comes with lower pay than average. There is a lot of talent here, and the culture is very fun and laid back. Overall, a great starter job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SumTotal Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6