Summitt Energy

Summitt Energy Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contractual Position
Reention (Former Employee), Hurontario and BritanniaApril 1, 2014
Pros: not micro managed
Cons: contract
On a typical day at Summitt Energy I would come in review my spreadsheets and work on the accounts that have yet to be completed. The type of accounts that would come to my desk would be expiring accounts that either need updating or renewal.

Management and employees were very co-operative and engaged and on a scale of 1 - 10 I would definitely give – more... them a 7.5.

Nothing about the job was too difficult but I would say one of the more tedious parts of the position was trying to locate customers who have numbers that were outdated and have moved from there addresses that we had on file.

Working at Summitt was definitely fun because of the other employees and incentives they would sometimes have available. – less
Avoid this place at all costs
Team Lead - Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 21, 2014
Pros: seriously, nothing.
Cons: if i typed out all the cons my fingers would literally fall off
Summitt Energy is without a doubt the absolute worst place I have ever worked. Summitt is an energy re-seller, which means they buy gas and electricity from the utility companies at a bulk discount rate, then offer it to their customers at a fixed rate. They also offer some other services which I will provide more details on a little further along.

What – more... makes this company terrible to work at? A number of things, but I'll delve into some of the more pressing issues. First of all, the company has a terrible business model. You must hear from time to time about people getting scammed at the door by sales reps who fraudulently misrepresent themselves as utility workers, and sweet talk their way into getting unsuspecting homeowners to sign water heater rental and fixed rate energy contracts. Not only are these sales tactics morally and ethically wrong, the sales reps are instructed to do this by head office. The contracts have outrageous cancellation fees, and working there day in day out hearing about case after case of poor seniors, immigrants, and housewives being swindled out of their hard earned money was truly heartbreaking.

My job there was taking re-affirmation calls. This means that when a sales agent has "secured" a sale, they will call in to the call center to have us go through a script of questions to affirm that the customer is fully aware of what they're signing up for and what the stipulations of the contract are. This way is a dispute ever arises, the company can produce a sound file of the recorded call and stand behind the fact that the customer agreed to everything. Problem is, most of the so called customers were either immigrants or elderly people who didn't understand what was happening and were instructed by the rep to just answer yes to our questions.

Now lets talk about the job itself. The call center was located in a professional office building in Mississauga (I even bumped into Robert Herjavec from Dragon's Den in the elevator once). The dress code was semi-professional and the work environment a pretty typical call center setting with rows of cubicles. The people there (with a few exceptions) were fairly nice and decent to get along with. By the end the group of people i directly worked with our department were practically family. The job paid $14/hr with absolutely no benefits.

What I didn't really like about this place was the culture of fear they cultivate. They constantly have you worried about losing your job so as to scare you into doing your job correctly. They unnecessarily scrutinize little details to find fault so they can berate you. Summitt masquerades as a professional place to do business but really its a laughably unprofessional and amateur operation. They have multiple departments run by unqualified people simply because they happened to be there when the company was small and stuck around until it got larger. For example HR and Payroll is one lady, who has no real background in this field or any post secondary education. Same with management, and this lack of professional courtesy and corporate etiquette became blatantly obvious. Imagine a corporate office run by high school students that are grown adults and you'll get the idea of what its like.

I could spend an eternity blasting this company but at the end it wouldn't do any good. All I can do is hope that someone will read this, and not apply to this company. I know you are unemployed, I know you need money. Trust me I've been there. EI running out, rent to pay, but trust me its not worth selling your soul. 2 weeks in and you'll be regretting the worst decision you've ever made. There is so much better out there. Don't apply to Summitt Energy, the worst company ever. – less
A Great Place to Work
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: contineous learning, positive environment
Fun, energetic environment. Management has employees best interest at heart. Management has strong product and industry knowledge. Lots of opportunities for advancement.
Marketing job is one of the hardest job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: travelling allowance
Cons: long hours
Each day is little hard because of door to door service. I learned how to deal with customers and make them to buy our marketing products. Management gives good support as well as improve my confidences. Co-workers are so friendly. Hardest part of the job is to convince customers make them to buy the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling – more... to new place in each day with co-workers. – less
Highly recomended
Technical Support (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 20, 2013
This is the best place to learn a lot of new wok. Very good environment to work
I had the best experience here
Technical Support (Current Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 18, 2013
These guys are focused on team work. I had the best experience here and going to continue in the future as well.
Highly recommend
Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2013
I had great experience working with these guys. Their CEO was so impressed me that. whenever i bring food the MD share my tiff-in with his. Highly recommend anon to work here.
Excellent Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ONJune 17, 2013
From day one, I knew Summitt Energy was where I wanted to be. I was very impressed with the people I met during the interview process, and my respect for the Summitt Energy team has increased over time. The opportunity to make a difference each day and contribute to the overall success of the company is deeply rewarding. The people I get to work with – more... are the most enjoyable part of my position. We have a diverse team with a wealth of experience and subject matter experience. My position affords me every opportunity to learn and grow professionally while working. It's truly the best company I've had the opportunity to be a part of, and I look forward to many years at Summitt Energy. – less
Learning Division
Customer Service (Former Employee), Canada, ONJune 10, 2013
It’s been an incredible journey of 2 years in the organization, where each day is new and challenging. Summitt Energy has always provided me the support and guidance to grow as a professional. Probably the most open work culture in the industry, which allows you to share your ideas to contribute in the growth of the organization. It’s a great feeling – more... to be part of Summitt Energy. – less
No structure at all.
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 1, 2013
Pros: okay wage
Cons: everything else
No defined values or morals, no structure at all. Procedures change on the fly with all the blame coming down on you as an Entry level person.
Dishonest manager
Part-time independent sales agent (Former Employee), vancouverMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good experience
Cons: bad pay
bad manager, it doesnt have a good system for employees, very low rate of close deals
Friendly environment
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 13, 2012
Pros: free transportation
Cons: long hours
Travelling
Saving Energy- bringing back Solar panels
Respectful and Friendly co-workers
The hardest and part of the job is door to door knocking.
The most enjoyable part of the job is travelling and meeting new people everyday.
They had good benefits
Technical Support (Current Employee), Montreal, WIJanuary 28, 2014
Summitt Energy was a good place to work. They had good benefits and it was fun. It was very delightful company to work with. The people are positive, the work environment is laid back, and the customers are very loving toward the assistance provided.
Great place to work!
Technical Support (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 23, 2014
Great place to work and meet fantastic people. Summitt Energy gives you the best training for the job if you are not familiar with, easy job if you love people and fun work place. They were great people to work with and great management. Very grateful of the opportunity I had to work there.
Thanks Summitt Energy!
Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, OHJanuary 13, 2014
I was a specialist helping people at the front of the company. Work was very enjoyable, except for holiday and weekends. Coworkers and Management made working there fun and I looked forward to seeing them every shift. Hardest part was schedule flexibility. Thanks Summitt Energy!
Its so many amazing people
Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, OHJanuary 10, 2014
Summitt Energy is amazing. Great culture, great benefits, sometimes great customers, but overall a great experience. But its so many amazing people that everyone is super qualified for each job position. Oh well. If you're going to have a problem it better be that one.
It was nice place to work
Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, OHJanuary 9, 2014
Summitt Energy was a nice place to work most of the time, there were many perks and the wages were good. A lot of responsibility and independence is given to us, who allow you to work efficiently and make deadlines.
Absolutely amazing place to have experience with!
Technical Support (Current Employee), Montreal, WIJanuary 2, 2014
Working with a Summitt Energy was absolutely fantastic and converting people to Summitt Energy was even more fun. The training, management, co-workers and the technology itself was the thing that really held this wonderful place together. Absolutely amazing place to have experience with!
Good Company form them
Tehnical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, OHDecember 19, 2013
Stress free atmosphere and you are totally responsible for fulfilling deadlines at a pace you can set to achieve in a timely but quality manner.
This job can give you great experience
Technical Support (Current Employee), Montreal, WIDecember 18, 2013
This job can give you great experience, but it's always challenging to work with Summit Energy. I worked there in different capacities over 2 years and can say without a doubt it's the best company I've ever worked for.

1 2 3