Summit Valve and Controls Inc. is an Alberta based distributor of industrial valves, actuators & accessories. Due to rapid growth we are looking for talented people to join our TEAM and make a difference. We offer a dynamic and friendly work environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
Summit’s Project Team is looking for a Project Assistant to augment our team. This position would be responsible to the Projects Group Manager and work to support the team Project Manager.
As a Project Assistant, you will work directly with the Project Manager to support them in the administration of major projects including order entry, schedule management, expediting and documentation.
- Support Oil Sands major projects management team
- Responsible for order entry, purchasing and part numbering
- Create and manage project material schedules; identify schedule conflicts and propose solutions where necessary
- Expedite deliverables with suppliers and internally
- Assist with documentation as required by Purchase Order
- Communicate effectively with customers and suppliers
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma; Post Secondary diploma in a business, accounting or project management related field would be preferred
- Proven Microsoft Office skills with strong emphasis on Excel; MS Project experience would be an asset
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal Project Managers, team members, suppliers, and customers as required
- Accounting and/or project experience would be an asset
- Experience with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system would be an asset
We are looking for team-players with a willingness to learn and grow as part of the team. The ideal candidate will have a positive, proactive attitude; be able to get along well with others, time manage and prioritize.
We look forward to speaking with you. Email your resume and salary expectations today!