Summit Valve and Controls Inc. is an Alberta based distributor of industrial valves, actuators & accessories. Due to rapid growth we are looking for talented people to join our TEAM and make a difference. We offer a dynamic and friendly work environment, where everyone is treated with respect.
Summit’s Project Team is looking for a Project Assistant to augment our team. This position would be responsible to the Projects Group Manager and work to support the team Project Manager.
As a Project Assistant, you will work directly with the Project Manager to support them in the administration of major projects including order entry, schedule management, expediting and documentation.
- Support Oil Sands major projects management team
- Responsible for order entry, purchasing and part numbering
- Create and manage project material schedules; identify schedule conflicts and propose solutions where necessary
- Expedite deliverables with suppliers and internally
- Assist with documentation as required by Purchase Order
- Communicate effectively with customers and suppliers
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma; Post Secondary diploma in a business, accounting or project management related field would be preferred
- Proven Microsoft Office skills with strong emphasis on Excel; MS Project experience would be an asset
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal Project Managers, team members, suppliers, and customers as required
- Accounting and/or project experience would be an asset
- Experience with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system would be an asset
We are looking for team-players with a willingness to learn and grow as part of the team. The ideal candidate will have a positive, proactive attitude; be able to get along well with others, time manage and prioritize.
We look forward to speaking with you. Email your resume and salary expectations today!
What we do.
Over the last two decades, Summit Valve has expanded to include complete valve, actuator and accessory packages, as well as...