The Warehouse Technician is an important part of the Summit Team, which provides support to all Summit and SlurryFlo branches. The Warehouse Technician must be able to work well with others and provide outstanding support in this Team environment. This is a position that requires the ability to lift and move loads up to 50 lbs. Safety is of the utmost importance, Warehouse staff are required to provide their own protective footwear (CSA Approved). Lifting or moving up to 50-lbs will be required. Exposure to noise, dust, fumes, oils, and environmental elements are expected; suitable eye and ear protection is available. Manual dexterity is required and a degree of mechanical aptitude is preferred. The job description and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect and receive incoming shipments
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments in accordance with Inventory Management
- Pick and Pack outgoing shipments
- Complete and manage the appropriate shipping documentation
- Perform cycle counting
- Schedule, organize, and prepare shipments in order of assigned priority
- Communicate scheduling conflicts and solutions with the Warehouse Manager
- Forklift operation (forklift certification)
- Assemble basic manual equipment (lever operated valves, etc)
- Maintain organized work area
- Assist Warehouse Manager with administration, documentation, and planning
- Greet and assist shipping company representatives
- Communicate effectively with Warehouse Personnel and other member of the Summit Team
- Other duties as assigned by Warehouse Manager
Skill and Abilities
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Forklift Experience
Summit offers a competitive compensation package which includes salary, incentive program, benefits and deferred profit sharing plan. If you think you have what it takes to be on the Summit team, please send your resume and salary expectations today!
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
What we do.
Over the last two decades, Summit Valve has expanded to include complete valve, actuator and accessory packages, as well as...