DL268 – Steel Manufacturer Territory Manager
Our international client is a leading producer of high strength steel, with a 6 million tonne capacity for crude steel. The company’s sales of niche products (high strength steels) amount to approximately 37% of their total revenue. They employ 9,000 people worldwide and attained sales of $6.26 Billion in 2012.
Our client is strategically searching for the next addition to their team who will be inheriting an established account portfolio, with expectations to develop new business. The representative will be responsible for penetrating end-users of manufactured steel products, new fabrication, repair, and spare parts business, within transportation, agriculture, trailer, coal mining, cement, marine, quarries, recycling, and other related industries.
The successful candidate must be comfortable developing relationships with a wide range of personalities, from operators on the shop floor to engineers and executives in head office.
The benefits of this role include:
- Highly competitive base salary, with an OTI of $100,000 (annual performance bonus)
- Superior health benefits offered to all employees
- Monthly car allowance
- Outside sales role with an opportunity to work from home
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Great/flexible working environment
- Company-provided cell phone and laptop
- Expenses paid for gas, travel, meals, entertainment, etc.
- Opportunity to travel throughout BC
- Develop new business opportunities and maintain existing clients
- Create need and develop markets for the product line and service
- Provide consultations to customers on their steel manufacturing needs
- Present technical product information regarding features, benefits and new developments
- Prepare proposals and budget quotes for customers using design layouts/systems using CAD
- Prepare annual business plan in relation to their territory, reviewed quarterly
- Developing sales and marketing leads to increase company volume, sales revenue, profits and productivity
- Determine improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services
- Keeping up to date on price matrixes and competitive programs, following margin levels to ensure they are consistent with company sales and profit goals
- Assist in developing pricing company strategies
- Formal education in business administration, engineering, or meets expected level of competency from related work experience
- 5+ years of experience in sales and/or heavy industry maintenance experience
- Overnight travel required
- Proficient in reading drawings, working with templates, understanding CAD and nesting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated through written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates solid decision making for problem solving
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume in Word format.
Indeed - 23 months ago
Summit Search Group is a leading national professional employment agency committed to helping great employers find smart, motivated people...