Ontario Power Authority – saveONenergyOM Fall Coupon Event Initiative 2014
Merchandising Representative – Contract Full and/or Part-Time
Locations: Windsor, Chatham, Leamington, Essex, Amherstburg, Harrow, Tecumseh, Tilbury - for an approximate of 40 stores working 42 hours a week and driving about 425KM a week
Summerhill is dedicated to developing, implementing and managing public engagement and market transformation programs that lead to measurable improvements in energy savings.
Currently, we are seeking outgoing, reliable and self-motivated individuals to join our team as Merchandising Representatives to assist retailers in their promotion of the Ontario Power Authority’s (OPA) saveONenergy Spring Event. The objectives of this campaign are to:
- Encourage the purchase and installation of energy-saving products
- Educate and increase retailers’ awareness of energy-saving products
- Promote electrical energy savings to reduce energy demand
Products discounted by the program include CFL’s, LED’s, EnergyStar® light fixtures, dimmer switches, power bars, clotheslines and more.
During this event, Merchandising Representatives will be required to call and/or visit participating retailers to educate and assist retail management and associates with energy efficient products featured in the program, as well as how to merchandise their stores for the program to meet the OPA’s requirements. Once the event is underway, Merchandising Representatives will visit participating retailers and evaluate their participation in the initiative. Daily online reporting is required.
Merchandising Representatives will work independently in an assigned geographical area.
- Orientation package (representatives will be emailed the presentation and are required to review it before the training)
- In-person training (mandatory for representatives that are within traveling distance to the Summerhill Office – 2 hours ( 30 Commercial Road, Toronto, M4G 1Z4) on September 11th, From 10:00am to 1:00pm + A Webinar on September 26th, 2014
- 2 Webinar/conference call trainings (for those representatives that are unable to attend the in-person training due to distance) on September 12th and September 26th time to be determined
Program Schedule (*please note, event hours will vary by territory):
Sept 17-24 (weekdays only) – Pre-event Visits: Reps will be visiting (by driving) all of the stores in their territory to introduce themselves, ensure the stores have received the materials, encourage store associates to complete the online training, answer questions, promote End Caps to eligible stores and ensure that the stores are prepared for the Spring COUPON EVENT.
Sept 29 – Oct 3 (weekdays only) – Event Visits: Reps will be completing the first Event Visits to stores by completing Compliance evaluations, answering questions, provide missing materials and encourage all materials to be put on display. They will continue to promote the End Caps, and the Associate Training. Following the visits, Reps will be entering the results of their visits online.
Oct 6-17 (weekdays only. NOTE: October 13 is Thanksgiving) – Compliance Visits: Reps will be returning to all stores that were Non Compliant until they are Compliant or they have received 3 total Event visits, and they will continue to enter the results of their visits online. Finally, after all of the visits are done, Reps will be asked to complete a wrap-up survey, and Reps who are close, will be asked to come to Summerhill to do an in-person debrief
- Communicate effectively with retailer store management and staff prior to and during event weeks to arrange visit times and visit contacts for store visits
- Independently visit a retail locations within a specified region to confirm display of promotional materials
- Assist retailers in installing promotional materials, if required
- Ensure that store employees understand their roles and responsibilities within the program (ie – how to process coupons at the store level)
- Document store compliance of promotional materials – complete a checklist and take digital photos
- Daily reporting is mandatory
- Complete all shifts as outlined
- Have access to a reliable vehicle
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented, punctual, conscientious, reliable and able to work independently
- Outgoing and positive personality – must be able to engage retail management and store staff if required
- Have a friendly and professional manner and appearance
- Have high-speed internet access (high-speed users will have easier access to online training and reporting)
- Possess a background in Environment, or have a strong interest in energy conservation
- Retail merchandising experience is considered an asset
- Bilingual representatives preferred for Ottawa, Sudbury and St-Lawrence areas
- Reporting is a key component of this event – all representatives MUST be able to complete daily staffing and event documents using MS Word, Excel, and/or online modules
- Submission of merchandising photos - Have access to a digital camera
- Have access to a mobile phone, Smartphones preferred as some reporting may be done online while in the field
- Be Available FULL TIME during the campaign
Type of Employment: Full or Part-time, Contract
Salary Range: $15/hour
Mileage: Reimbursement is paid out at $0.48/km. A Google map of your route on each event day is required in order to be compensated. Summerhill holds the right to withhold mileage expenses claimed from rep(s) that do not fulfill their reporting requirements on time and accurately.
Job Contact Information: Please send an updated cover letter and resume
Meggie Tremblay Pilote