Junior Buyer – Burnaby
We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits which include extended health, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability and long term disability, 100% employer paid premiums. Mandatory membership into pension plan after one year of service. We encourage and foster personal development and we provide opportunities for advancement in a challenging and rewarding workplace. This position is within a Collective Bargaining agreement.
Sulzer Pumps is one of the world's leading pump manufacturers with an international reputation for technical excellence. Our global network includes dedicated service centres world-wide to provide local support to customers.
To learn more about Sulzer Pumps visit our website at www.sulzerpumps.com
Currently we have an immediate opening for a Junior Buyer at our Burnaby Facility. This position would best suit someone with at least one year experience.
- Procure materials and finished goods required for customer deliverable products in accordance with the Quality and Engineering specifications and to Sulzer Regional and Corporate policies and procedures. Purchasing of deliverable goods will typically be repeat orders.
- Typically using already established suppliers, negotiate lowest overall cost to required specifications. May research new suppliers and make recommendations to Supervisor where appropriate.
- Responsible for achieving and reporting status of delivery of purchased goods to ensure Customer on time delivery. May include software where required.
- Responsible for working to cost targets or identifying discrepancies where applicable.
- Co-ordinate purchases utilizing common tools (patterns) with central pattern management group considering best location of tooling for use by other Sulzer locations where applicable.
- Resolve Supplier non-conformances in a timely manner to required specifications.
- Recover costs from Suppliers for rework performed by Sulzer to bring material/goods to original purchase order requirements.
- Attend weekly meetings to report status of orders relating to purchases to CSS group.
- Resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and invoices to avoid delays to supplier payments.
- May assign work to juniors to support the procurement function as directed by the Procurement Supervisor or their delegate.
- Support, cooperate with, and participate in company-wide EHS Management System which includes following all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Support and cooperate in the company-wide Lean effort which is based on teamwork.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- High School graduate; business or technical training preferred.
- Post secondary education including some PMAC courses or other related materials management courses.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- One year minimum purchasing experience preferred in a technical and/or manufacturing environment.
- SAP or other ERP experience an asset..
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
Salary Range: $22.88 - $24.00/hr based on experience and qualifications
If you have what it takes to work in a goal driven company like Sulzer Pumps, we would like to hear from you !
Please send your resume on or before Tuesday, August 7 2012.