Sulon Technologies Inc. is a new advanced gaming technology company specializing in an untouched market of interactive augmented and virtual reality simulation and gaming solutions.
We are actively looking for a passionate and enthusiastic VP of Business Development and Marketing to manage the core functions of the organization, to lead the strategy and execution of all marketing activities (including online marketing) and to craft strategic deals with key partners to help the company grow. This position is responsible for planning, developing and implementing marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities. This position will also require travel to multiple locations locally and globally. A perfect opportunity for a motivated, self-starter who is passionate about the independent/start-up spirit!
The position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team at Sulon Technologies Inc.;
- Responsible for advising the leadership team on any issues related to business development and marketing;
- Required to give high profile presentations and assist with senior management decisions on product development and new products;
- Manage and develop all aspects of marketing and business related planning activities (e.g. implementing market research methodologies, establishing corporate brand presence, advising and implementing product positioning and marketing strategy);
- Manage and develop all marketing planning and reporting for the organization, board of directors, investors, and partners;
- Develop and execute comprehensive PR & social media strategy to drive brand awareness and thought leadership relating to the product portfolio and relevant trends in video, real-time video analytics and optimization;
- Collaborate across multiple teams to prioritize and produce content for media, analysts, influencers, internal stakeholders, etc;
- Coordinate interest in Sulon Technologies and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests;
- Clearly communicate competitive differentiation to the media and other key external audiences;
- Draft messaging, press releases, FAQs and other materials;
- Secure and manage ongoing high-profile domestic and global media opportunities;
- Identify, and leverage tools to measure, track and analyze marketing program performance;
- Plan, organize, staff, train and manage all marketing functions to achieve company objectives;
- Identify, approach and close deals or create partnerships with strategic companies/individuals;
- Manage and develop directly the business development team and marketing teams;
- A high level of personal and professional integrity with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Creating and leading change, exemplifying stakeholder buy in and related communications.
- Develop and foster high level strategic relationships with key partners
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Business or other related field with advanced certification preferred (MBA, etc.);
- 5-10+ years senior management experience in Marketing with at least 2 years in a comparable cross-functional marketing role in an entertainment, game or media company;
- Proven track record of successful marketing campaigns and launch of new products or services at both retail and online;
- Must have vast knowledge in all aspects of marketing including branding, market research, advertising, PR, SEO, international markets, industry events, online marketing;
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media;
- Must have strong experience in gaming, game/console launch, online and retail distribution ;
- Must have strong contacts in the game development, media/communications, consumer electronics or related industry;
- Must have exceptional organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning;
- Proven experience in being able to multi-task and work effectively in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities;
- The ability to think strategically and broadly, while at the same time possessing a productive work ethic and acting as a role model for the company;
- Required to be a highly motivated, energetic leader who excels in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Able to work in a high stress start-up environment;
- Passion for gaming and the gaming industry;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- High attention to detail, organization and deadlines;
- Critical problem solving and analysis skills;
- Ability to work in a fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines;
All interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to the careers email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
VP of Business Development and Marketing
Based on experience + stock options