Sulon Technologies Inc. (Sulon) is a new advanced game technology company specializing in an untouched market of interactive mixed reality simulation and gaming solutions. We develop and market consoles, games and simulation software components for the future of entertainment, and we are excited to be growing rapidly!
Sulon is actively looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Senior Computer Scientist/Engineer (Augmented Reality) to join our engineering team!
The position will support Sulon in its plan for ambitious growth and increasing productivity within the company. A perfect opportunity for a motivated, self-starter who is passionate about the independent/start-up spirit and looking to expand their experience and knowledge!
Key responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
- 3D computer vision, image processing and SLAM algorithm development
- Stereovision, depth mapping, depth imaging development
- Object detection, recognition, and tracking development
- Assist our Director of Algorithm Development
- Design, build and conduct experiments
- Android, Linux and Windows Development
- Knowledge of Unity3D + various game engines
- Research and Development
- Sensor development for various applications
- Masters or Doctorate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Strong familiarity with software development in C/C++, Java and MATLAB
- Experience developing using OpenCV and OpenGL frameworks
- Good understanding of computer architecture, especially ARM processor architecture
- Hands on experience with on-target development and debugging in embedded environment
- Strong knowledge and experience in stereovision and depth mapping development
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing virtual reality applications
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing complicated augmented reality applications
- Strong background in the Vuforia SDK and other Augmented Reality development tools
- 2D / 3D image and video processing
- Strong background in using various sensors and controllers to achieve results
- Strong Unity SDK knowledge; other game engines are also acceptable
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Critical problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to work in fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines
- Fluent in the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Very strong attention to detail and strong will to perfect user experiences
- Strong record of teamwork, but has the motivation and ability to work independently, with little supervision
- Experience with android kernel development
- Experience with android mobile game development
- Knowledge in augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) application development
This is a full-time and permanent position where you will be responsible for leading software development at Sulon. Stock options and salary increases are awarded based on merit.
All interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to our careers email. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Senior Computer Scientist/Engineer
Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
$45,000 + stock options