Research and Development Engineer
Sulon Technologies Inc. is a new start-up game technology company specializing in an untouched market of interactive augmented reality, simulation, and gaming solutions. We develop and market consoles, gaming, and simulation software’s for the future of entertainment, and we are excited to be growing rapidly!
We are actively seeking a Research and Development Engineer to lead wireless location tracking development at Sulon Technologies.
Key responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
- To develop RF based indoor / outdoor tracking systems in 3D.
- Modeling, simulation and design of microwave circuits and subsystems using high frequency circuit design and design tools.
- Research and Development of new technology into indoor and outdoor tracking solutions.
- Collaborating with diverse engineering and scientific disciplines to specify, design, document and deliver low cost, high quality products for manufacturing.
- Design and build experiments
- Micro-controller/microprocessor programming
- Research and Development
- Embedded development.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field.
- New Graduates with strong interest and development background are welcome.
- Very strong knowledge of microwave technologies.
- Strong familiarity with C/C++, Python and MATLAB Coding.
- Experience developing using Open CV, OpenGL is considered an asset.
- Strong familiarity with embedded C, C++ for micro-controller / microprocessor firmware development.
- Thorough knowledge of Electromagnetic modeling tools.
- Strong knowledge in RF, UWB and other wireless communications.
- Research and development experience in creating RF based asset tracking systems.
- Hands on experience with on-target development and debugging in embedded environment.
- Experience in algorithm development in RF tracking.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and organization and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Critical problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to work in fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines.
- Fluent in the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Strong record of teamwork, but has the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision.
This position is a 6 month internship to a possible permanent position and you will be responsible for leading R&D at Sulon Technologies Inc.
All interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to careers. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Embedded Systems / Microwave Engineer / Scientist
RF Design, Research and Development, Product Development
Contract to (possible permanent role with stock options)
$30k to 40k Annually
Richmond Hill, ON.