Sulon Technologies Inc. is a new advanced gaming technology company specializing in an untouched market of interactive augmented reality simulation and gaming solutions. We develop and market consoles, games and simulation software for the future of entertainment, and we are excited to be growing rapidly!
We are actively looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Director of Communications to manage the core functions of the organization, to lead the strategy and execution of all marketing activities (including online marketing) and to craft strategic deals with key partners to help the company grow. This position is responsible for planning, developing and implementing marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities. This position will also require travel to multiple locations locally and globally. A perfect opportunity for a motivated, self-starter who is passionate about the independent/start-up spirit!
The Director of Communications will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Key responsibilities are (but are not limited to):
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team at Sulon Technologies Inc.;
- Responsible for advising the leadership team, which includes the board of directors, CEO, CTO, COO on any issues related to marketing;
- Required to give high profile presentations and assist with senior management decisions on current product development and new products;
- Manage and develop all aspects of marketing and business related planning activities (e.g. implementing market research methodologies, establishing corporate brand presence, advising and implementing product positioning and marketing strategy;
- Manage and develop all marketing planning and reporting for the organization, board of directors, and partners;
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of all marketing and communications activities;
- Implements best practices for Search Engine Optimization
- Act as Sulon Technologies’ representative with the media
- Coordinate mediate interest in Sulon Technologies and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests;
- Plan, organize, staff, train and manage all marketing functions to achieve company objectives;
- Identify, approach and close deals or create partnerships with strategic companies/individuals;
- Manage and develop directly the business development team and marketing teams;
- A high level of personal and professional integrity with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Creating and leading change, exemplifying stakeholder buy in and related communications.
- Develop and foster high level strategic relationships with key partners
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Business or other related field with advanced certification preferred (MBA, etc.);
- 5-10+ years senior management experience in Marketing with 2 years in a comparable cross-functional marketing role in an entertainment, game or media company;
- Proven track record of successful marketing campaigns and launch of new products or services at both retail and online;
- Must have vast knowledge in all aspects of marketing including branding, market research, advertising, PR, search engine optimization, international markets, industry events, online marketing;
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media;
- Must have strong experience in gaming, game/console launch, online and retail distribution ;
- Must have strong contacts in the game development, media/communications, consumer electronics or related industry;
- Must have exceptional organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning;
- Proven experience in being able to multi-task and work effectively in a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities;
- The ability to think strategically and broadly, while at the same time possessing a productive work ethic and acting as a role model for the company;
- Required to be a highly motivated, energetic leader who excels in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Able to work in a high stress, low capital Start-up Company;
- Passion for gaming and the gaming industry;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- High attention to detail, organization and deadlines;
- Critical problem solving and analysis skills;
- Ability to work in a fluid and challenging work environment with changing deadlines;
- Strong record of teamwork, but has the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Fluent in the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
This is a permanent position that may also be compensated with additional stock options depending on performance and merit.
All interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume to our careers email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Director of Communications
Senior Management, Vice President, Director etc.
Richmond Hill, ON.
Indeed - 9 months ago