Community Program Coordinator
Military Family Resource Centre (MFRC) (Building R38, Dugway Drive, Ralston, AB)
Who we are:
The MFRC is an independently incorporated not-for-profit agency mandated to provide quality programs and services to Canadian and British military families. Our organization supports families in overcoming the unique stressors associated with the military lifestyle, creating confident, self-sufficient and resilient community members.
The role: (Full time 37.5/hr week with occasional evenings and weekends)
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will:
- Engage the community and relevant stakeholders to determine the ongoing interests and needs for adult and family programs and services;
- Develop, implement, and evaluate leisure and education programs and services;
- Engage qualified facilitators and manage all facility and facilitator contracts;
- Coordinate the Volunteer Leadership Program and manage the volunteers;
- Plan fundraising and special events;
- Conduct outreach visits and host meet and greet activities for all new families;
- Utilize social and other forms of media (radio/print) to promote the MFRC;
- Manage all program budget, administration and reporting requirements;
- Work collaboratively with other MFRC staff to support the agency’s mission;
- Provide information and referral for families to connect with external agencies;
- Engage external stakeholder to advance the mission of the MFRC.
What you have to offer:
- Outgoing, personable, energetic and highly organized;
- Experience developing, implementing facilitating and evaluating educational and interest based adult and family programs and activities;
- Demonstrated skills at fundraising and special events planning;
- Exceptional administrative skills;
- Proficient in all MS Office programs and use of social media tools;
- Experience developing and managing program budgets, expenses and reports; Supervisory experience;
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast paced environment with a strong team;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; French is an asset;
- Knowledge of MFRC’s and local resources/services is highly desirable;
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work (RSW), Project Management, Adult Education, Recreation or other related field, with a minimum of two years employment experience in a related role.
Closing date: (21 June, 2013)
Thank you for your interest in the CFB Suffield Military Family Resource Centre; only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago
The Employment Office
Medicine Hat, AB
The Employment Office
- 30+ days ago
we are a non-profit, charitable organization providing resources and services to local military families. Our programs are community needs...