YMCA of Sudbury is a charity dedicated to providing opportunities to individuals, families and communities for personal growth and service to others. We have been offering programs and services to the Greater Sudbury community since 1935! Today, we employ more than 70 full-time professionals and up to 250 part-time and seasonal staff. YMCA of Sudbury offers programs and services in five areas: Child Care, Camping Services, Health and Fitness, Employment Services and Newcomer Services.
We are currently looking for 2 Part-Time & 1 Full-Time Health and Wellness Coach to join our team of committed and professional staff. This is a part-time position (days, evenings, and weekends) within the Association and is housed at the YMCA of Sudbury on Durham Street location. Under the leadership of the Supervisor of Health and Wellness, the Health and Fitness Coach provides direct one-on-one fitness assessment and program development along with exercise supervision. This job is also responsible for ensuring the safety of members and participants while on the fitness floor.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 months of related experience;
- Possession of an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD);
- YMCA Individual Conditioning Certification – Level II or equivalent;
- Current CPR and First Aid would be considered an asset;
- Strong communication skills; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Based on client consultations and the accepted best practices, design individualized fitness programs for members or groups of members;
- Respond promptly to members inquiries regarding programs and or equipment;
- Ensure that members and fitness participants are working out in a safe manner while on the fitness floor;
- Ensure that equipment is in safe working condition. Place out of order sign on suspected unsafe units and report to supervisor and/or maintenance personnel;
- Incorporate SAM standards into daily responsibilities;
- Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely manner;
- Schedule appointments for self and other trainers on the fitness floor;
- Attend staff training programs and meetings; and
- Participate in programming meetings
How to Apply:
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, send us your cover letter and resume by
October 7th, 2013
Please ensure that your cover letter and resume both specify the job title of the position that you are applying for.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Director of HR.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
YMCA of Sudbury is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.