YMCA of Sudbury is a charity dedicated to providing opportunities to individuals, families and communities for personal growth and service to others. YMCA of Sudbury has been offering programs and services to the Greater Sudbury community since 1935. Today, we employ more than 70 full-time professionals and up to 250 part-time and seasonal staff. YMCA of Sudbury offers programs and services in five areas: Child Care, Camping Services, Health, Fitness and Recreation, Employment Services and Newcomer Services.
We are currently looking for part-time and full-time Educator(s) to join our team of committed and professional staff. These positions are located in one of the various Rainbow District Schools throughout the City of Greater Sudbury. Educator(s) are responsible for the delivery of childcare programs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Experience working with children ages 12 months to 12 years;
- Early Childhood Education Diploma;
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Educators and or otherwise approved status from the Ministry of Education;
- Current First Aid and CPR;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Basic computer skills preferred;
- Knowledge of the Day Nurseries Act; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop and implement daily activities that support and promote the development of children based on the YMCA Playing to Learn curriculum and philosophy;
- Assess the skills, abilities, interests, and needs of the children;
- Maintain and adhere to the Day Nurseries Act standards;
- Maintain childcare program furnishings and equipment;
- Attend staff meetings and training events; and
- Other duties assigned by the Association
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, send us your cover letter and resume no later than October 7th, 2013.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, you must advise the Director of HR.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to submit a current and satisfactory Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check for review prior to starting employment.
YMCA of Sudbury is an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment. All of our employees and job applicants will be promoted or employed solely on the basis of their abilities and qualifications.