Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,957 reviews matching the search
Great place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON29 June 2017
Owners were great very suppotive to all their employees. Encourage a good team environment. Was focused on helping their employees grow within the company.
Pros
Great food program
Cons
Unpredictable traffic
Fun to work at
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON29 June 2017
The staff that worked there when i worked there was great and reliable whenever something came up. the management was good. you get to meet a lot of the locals and might make new friends along the way.
Reliable service
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  2121 st clair ave28 June 2017
I enjoyed my time as an employee at subway the customers were almost always friendly. I provided them with fast and reliable service with a positive attitude.
Pros
Free lunches and enoyable co-workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 June 2017
Was a good company to work at. Loved the customers and the managment. i learned to become more confident in stressful situations. I would look forward to being employed again.
Great first job, low-commitment but good experience.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 June 2017
Everything depends on you manager as the business is franchised. If your manager cares about the staff then things will be great, but if they are bad at managing it won't be good.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Bad management if you have a bad manager.
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON27 June 2017
Wouldn't recommend working here as everything from breaks to hours and how you were treated was unfair. Days dragged on as everyone was always in a terrible mood and customers complained about the smallest things. Could never enjoy yourself at work if you tried.
wouldn't recommend
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 June 2017
wouldn't recommend, and I refuse to be forced to make a minimum statement. i wouldn't work there again and I feel sorry for the people who do. nothing further.
always meeting new people creates an enjoyable environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2017
biggest difficulty working at subway would be memorizing all the different kind of subs other than that it is a great place to work, although they can increase the pay for a better experience.
good place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 June 2017
nice place to work and start a part time career. making customer happy is a goal everyday goal at subway. get to learn lots of things everyday. just loved the job.
Productive easy going workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Eskasoni, NS26 June 2017
a typical day of work would include going in, signing in your time, prepping food, serving customers, cleaning dishes, doing pre-orders for party food, stocking shelves and fridges/freezers.. etc.

what I learned from subway is that their food is actually really fresh and only has a limited time of being in the fridge or out where we serve the food. Also learned how to cut food properly, how long certain foods last, and how to cook certain things.

management was okay, my boss was pretty strict but it was a good kind of strict. Boss made sure that no one was lazy and always had something to do.

the hardest part of the job had to be.. nothing really besides working non stop all through and 20 min break time .

the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers everyone was always funny and got along well.
Pros
discounts on food, cooking, making people smile
Cons
tons of work in all different kind of ways ex:cooking cleaning preparing foods
Ideal for part time, students
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, BM25 June 2017
typical day includes serving all kinds of people with different attitude, perform all in store duties, like preparation, cleaning, sometimes all by yourself, can be hectic.

may learn a lot of skills like budgeting, inventory and staff management if working in management

work culture mainly depends on how the management is

hardest part of the job maybe standing for long hours
Pros
free meals/drinks
Cons
long, fluctuating hours
Fast food
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL23 June 2017
This job was my least favourite job. It gave me a sense of what the fast food environment was like to work in and unfortunately it wasn't for me. If you like this kind of work then this would be a great place for you.
work is ok
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2017
co workers are great most customers are great just not enough hours and no benefits!! just looking for my next chapter in life!! moving on is good and need something different
Good training and experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Baden, ON22 June 2017
My time working at Subway was fairly positive. The customers and coworkers were friendly and I enjoyed having a lot of work to do. I learned a lot about the importance of keeping the restaurant clean and having a good mindset about whatever task I may be working on.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Bad job, no advancements, bad management, disorganised and unprofessional staff
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 June 2017
Summary says it all. General manager is very unpleasant. Confronts staff in front of customers, is confrontational to unacceptable levels and won't even say hello to you.
Pros
Cons
Unorganised and unprofessional
it is fun to work in subway, with hardworking staff in a busy pace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
It is fine to work in subway to gain some experience and learn time management skills. It helps to get use to work in high pace stressfull environment as well.
Pros
free lunch, long hours, good management
Enjoyable workplace with may new faces
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
As I was dealing with new customers each day, it was a fun place to be at to interact with people. Also, the workload was manageable and the other employees were good.
part time
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
i am looking for part time .i have experience in food service for over 10 years ..with subway i am taking care for store making sure all in top conditions that includes .paper works ,customer satisfaction
good environment to work in
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
I learned to cope with other crew members to work as a team which increases productivity but the hardest part of the work is when the place is busy and we need to work extra fast
Pros
free lunches
Family Business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanna, AB19 June 2017
Enjoyed owing and operating an establish with family members. Enjoyed being involved in community events. And enjoyed meeting new people everyday. Enjoyed working for the franchise company
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8