Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,296 reviews matching the search
subway provide healthy food .
team member (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 25, 2016
it was my first work experience in Canada and i have learned a lot through this job about how to get interact with different kind of people .overall , it was a great experience.
good job
Sadwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BCMay 24, 2016
easy job always something to do, customer's are friendly, management was awesome with schedules and time off and decent hours. always had the right supplies for the job.
Pros
free lunch
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hull, QCMay 23, 2016
I worked there for 6 years , fun workplace , co workers became family , i sometimes miss it!
Being assistant manager gave me a lot of responsibilities , i really enjoyed it.
Was'nt too bad of a job until the manager went all weird
Cashier and Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 23, 2016
Serving customer was the best part of the job. Management was'nt too bad, but when she was in a bad mood, best to stay away until she had calmed down. My co-workers were good people and had good attitudes.
cooperative co workers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 22, 2016
Working at subway seems easy job for everyone,though its little hectic when there is a line up in front of your little eyes ;)At subway we gotta be little more fast than average,cause we get only one minute to serve each customer.Our subway was located at busy location in the centre of city.Though with the co-operative staff and management,I enjoyed every moment working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work load because of busy hours
its a fun loving place, work environment is greet!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
The Subway Restaurant, is owned by my wife, i am helping her to run the store..Store is great, a high volume store, located in the busiest mall of toronto..
Pros
Free in decision making
Cons
dose not feel like you are working!!
Made lot of corporate clients, Independent and Challenging
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2016
Things What I Learned

Time Management is one man element at work. Being Punctual at work will not only looks professional also gain respects from Team and managers.

Multi -tasking is very important thing that i have learned one hand think about the business, other hand receive customer and understand theirs needs, ready to involve any work beyond if it is needed. Focusing on primary job which am doing and side by side plan and organize things which is yet to finish.

Learned about debit and credit cards processing various other cards which are related to finance , and cash receipts. ability to handle cash and cheques and other office work related to paying bills and receiving income
Pros
Responsible in dealing CASH
Cons
perfection
Productive and beneficial workplace,
Employee (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 20, 2016
I worked at subway for almost 2 years.It was great experience for me to deal with different type of customer.when i first started i loved this job, it was a good learning experience for people skills and customer service, i got along great with my managers i was one of the top shift leads beside my two managers, i always worked with a good crew, and the part i liked the most about working here was just getting to know all different kinds of people.
Pros
Great training, faced-paced, and energetic environment.
Cons
Always depends on the franchise, short breaks, no overtime
productive and friendly work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 19, 2016
learnt how to meet deadlines with stressful work day. learn day to day management skills and how to manage workers. Friendly workers.
Fast Pace workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Havelock, ONMay 19, 2016
I would do prep work, make sure everything was ready when the busy rushes came. MY co-workers are my friends from school so we all get along very well. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when I worked. The schedule was made always last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the new people that come by.
subway
empolyee (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 18, 2016
I would typically punch in and help out if there were any customers then i would go out and clean all the tables after that i would come to the back and begin to cut the meats and veggies necessary for my prep then when i was done i would change all the garages and sweep and mop the floors
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
enjoyable work environment,learnt customer service skills, flexible work schedule,
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 18, 2016
i have gained my customer service skills as well as communication skills. I also learnt how to handle difficult situations with calm mind such as an angry customer or work load.My experience with co-workers and management was great . All co-workers were very helpful and always there to help each other out in tough timeThe hardest part of the job was to order supplies according to the demand but it is hard to estimate demand of food because the number changes every week.the most enjoyable part was interacting with people from different backgrounds and learning and speaking new languages with people.
Pros
free lunch, free movie and game tickets, free transportation passes
Cons
long schedule hours
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMay 18, 2016
its a good place to work and communicate with customers. Accompanied by a employer and worked alone too. lots of work help time fly. clean and safe place.
Pros
free sub
Cons
8 hours maximum shift
Preparing and serving food to customers
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKMay 18, 2016
Subway has been a fantastic place for me to work the past 3 years, but I feel like it's time for a change. Most days I was working closing shifts so that means dealing with all the cleaning for the next day. Making sure food is stored away properly for the next day, the building is cleaned and the till is counted are some of the things done every night. Food preparation is a must, so no matter what time I came into work there was always something that needed to be prepped or baked. Every day I had to deal with customers. Some happy and some angry people. Making food they way they want it and making it right in front of them as they watch you can be a little nerve-racking but that just means there is less of a chance of me messing up an order. One of the most stressful and hardest parts of the job is when it gets busy and there is a long line up of people. It's stressful seeing that line up cause all you can think about is how am I going to get through that many people while trying to be efficient? Just breathe and take it one sub at a time. Something that makes working there a little easier is the staff I work with. My co-workers get along with each other and we all help each other with anything. Everyone listens to each other and when someone is asked to do something I never have to ask them twice. My co-workers are probably why I enjoy my job as much as I do. We have fun getting things done and always make each other laugh. Management can be strict but they are that way to better the outcome of the store. This place has taught me food safety, being responsible, time management,  more... not to stress under hard situations, to think fast, deal with money and most importantly good customer service.  less
Pros
Free sub every shift worked
Cons
Long, busy, hectic days with no breaks
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
Great opportunity to get face to face with customers , and make their product to their specifications. Management was very helpful in answering any questions you could have , over all friendly people
productive workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 15, 2016
The interaction with interesting people and having fun with my teammates. The most hardest part of the job is when there is too much crowd to be served and enjoyable part of the is to fun in doing all that stuff.
Pros
free food
Cons
too much far
proctive workplace
Food service attendant (Former Employee) –  Langenburg, SKMay 14, 2016
its awesome to work at subway here, i feel so good here with my co worker and moreover my employer is so helpfull, its so busy subway around here and i as team member achieve all requirement by my manager
productive and a nice place to work
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Hinton, ABMay 13, 2016
though its always busy every one managed to smile ,greeting customers and give the best to serve them,every body is cooperative and willing to help each other.in this job i enhance my flexibility,good customer service and supervisory skills.its really enjoyable working here especially when it gets really busy and things are done because everybody cooperate.i also learned how to prepare foods and baking bread,worked in a fast paced environment and my communication skills enhanced too.
review
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 12, 2016
this company is great because they care about their employees and customer in every single task they do. theyare up to date with cleanliness.
Loved
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRENSENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NLMay 12, 2016
I loved working at Subway, loved everything and everyone I worked with. I'd defiantly work there again. The pay was good, the days flew by and the staff were so nice.

2.8