Subway Employee Reviews

Not a very fun or structured work environment.
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON (Cornwall Square)10 September 2017
I enjoyed the work I was doing but the management there made it impossible to learn properly. They rushed me at the start then drastically dropped my hours. On top of this there were several things that simply weren't being done correctly creating an even more stressful work environment. (e.g. Preps without gloves, and cutting worker's hours based on non-work related frustrations).This is solely towards the Location of Cornwall, Ontario Subway within the Cornwall Square food court.
simple tasks and friendly environment
chemainus - cashier/ sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Chemainus, BC10 September 2017
working here was nice the employees and most customers were friendly. i would usually work after school making sandwiches and cleaning the store and dishes. prioritizing tasks and using time management to get everything done in time to close the store.I learned you cant assume anything and it is always best to ask the customer what they would like. management was nice, but I never developed a friendly relationship with them. the hardest part of the job was being able to please all the customers while still following all the guidelines I had to, as well as adjusting to the computer system. The easiest part of the job was relating to the customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
strict management
productive and fun work place with free food
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 September 2017
A typical day at subway consisted of prepping vegetables and meat for the next day and making sandwiches for customers. I learned how to make a great sandwich and how to handle stressful situations. Very well managed company.
Pros
free food
Great place
Store Manager & Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 September 2017
Great place to work friendly staff and management. Strongly Suggest to there ..free lunch!! Use to work there good environment, had lots of experience which is helping me in present
enjoyable place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 September 2017
my experience is good in subway. there is some problem in shift and salary.
clean place , fix timing , customer service is good , foods quality and quantity is also good.
Pros
Good quality
Cons
no long shifts
Good place to work great environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 September 2017
Great place to work, very fast keeps the days going by fast. Great co-workers. Horrible management and security. Definitely could have a lot more security as well as better and nicer people running subway restaurants.
Pros
Free lunches
fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC8 September 2017
I Believe this company is the perfect first time job. you learn alot about working in a fast passed work environments, food safe handling, proper cleaning and is over all fun place to work
Pros
free sub a day
Cons
not enough hours
it is a fun enjoyable workplace.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON8 September 2017
everyday is a good day. i 've learned that you cant be good at everything.i think the hardest part of the job was the lunch rushes most times they get packed so for me it was a little harder to handle but at the end of the day we got through it. the most enjoyable part of the job was your teammates. and the breaks just laughing while getting your job done. just talking to everyone about life you know.
Nice benefits but bitter after taste
Closer (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC and Steinbach, MB7 September 2017
During the night things would get rather difficult as you would encounter a range people that use drugs and alcohol. It is not a safe environment. Despite having security cameras which is used not to keep you safe but is to keep you imprisoned and monitored 24/7. A side from that you get a free lunch and a drink to if you like.

I do recommend working there if its your first job but don't stay to long.
Pros
Free Lunch and Drinks
Cons
manager is normally racist or basis
Family
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON6 September 2017
My team of amazing employees grew to become my second family over the course of 3 years. We were managed by a very strong leader and I very much enjoyed my time at this establishment.
Cons
unfriendly student hours
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 September 2017
Management,
Food safety procedures
Workplace safety hazardous usage
Subway
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fraser Lake, BC6 September 2017
i gained a lot of work ethnics while i was employed at subway. I gained good associating skill with customers, how to handle the good and bad situations. The days were easy and worked well with my sports teams i were on and school days. My co workers were always helpful and very courteous to work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
worked weekends
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
I wants to do stdy thats why i leave this job i find it that my qualifications are something less and i have to do more study moreover i also wants to do new adventures
Pros
Pay
Cons
High rush
good workplace to earn.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 September 2017
It is a good workplace to earn money . You will get you proper hours only if you are full time and 7 days of availability . getting free meal is the best part of this job.
Pros
free food
Cons
very tiresome, lots of burden
management
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2017
my manager took personal life into the work place and in return treated me pretty poorly. other then that working there was pretty easy the costumers were great and so was the free sub you'd get everyday
Excellent
MANAGER/WORKER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2017
I loved working for the owner at this subway. We got along so well. We always had fun to do. Love working with new customers every day. I learned how to do paper work and to make people happy with the food preparation I gave.
Pros
Free Lunch after 4 hours
Stressful work environment, long hours with lots of work
PT Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 September 2017
I learned how to make a lot of menu items and how to prepare and make food. Gained valuable customer service skills. Had to conform to set in place schedules and trying to get time off was difficult.
Pros
Free food
Cons
lots of work for little pay
an okay job
Commis & Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 September 2017
all I can say is everything was not well organized, the management is probably one of the worst I have seen. The only good side of this job was the crew I have worked with.
Summer job opportunity
Team lead, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 September 2017
Subway is nice for students want to have part time job, it is fast pace working environment and everything needs to do according to Subway standards, simple job.
Pros
meal discount
Cons
no room for growing
was a steady place to work
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Martensville, SK30 August 2017
made sandwiches all day, cleaned the store, learned the different ways of preparing the bread, hardest part was when it came to calling in or having a family emergency the boss didn't care and didn't help you out. the best part was interacting with the staff and customers.
Pros
one free 6 inch sub every shift
Cons
poor managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8