Subway
8,135 reviews

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great training modules provided.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Omemee, ONOctober 10, 2014
Not enough hours provided. Good team members... Close to home and they make really great subs...
good
Cashier/ Operations Assistance (Current Employee), Ottawa,ONOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long hours
Is good to work here, having lots of experience with customer that how to tackle down .
Gained plenty of experience here
Branded Store Manager (Former Employee), Omemee, ONOctober 9, 2014
Was a great place to start out in the management world. Learned lots of helpful things when it comes to running a business.
Patience and dedication to work required
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: overtime without pay
It was difficult yet fulfilling. I have learned to be more patient and adaptable to change.

My co-workers were great and helpful, especially my manager.

The hardest part was the rush hours, a non-stop dealing with the customers.
personal growth
subway sandwich artist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 7, 2014
I learned here to work in a team and as a leader. I always enjoy my work here. I realize importance of punctuality.
day at work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), winnipeg,mbOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free food when on shift
you come in you do your basic cash in and get your hair net on and hat and apron and check around and see what needs to be done. usually by this time a customer is there and I will tend to the customer and be friendly as possible. Then I usually help prep the food so we don't have to make customer wait because we always want to ensure that customer get fast service and leave with a smile and we make sure that they want to come back again. When there are no customers then we clean everything that needs to be clean till customer arrive. When the shift is over we do a count and cash out and punch it all in the computer and that's a normal shift.
Very interessting workplace
Sandwhich Artist (Current Employee), Richmond, QCOctober 6, 2014
I would have to say that the absolute best part of this job is having the ability to meet new people, and learn to appreciate the people the become your colleagues, on slow days when there isn't many clients, its always nice to be comfortable enough to be able to carry out conversations with the person your are working with, and on busy days where you don't have time to chat, its nice when the rush passes, you can always find a way to put a smile on the other persons face. I am happy to say that I consider some of the people I work with my best friends!
Good experience
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 3, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn more about the food industry. I learned about various methods and preparation that goes into making a sandwich.
Being a sandwich artist
Server (Former Employee), Sturgeon Falls, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i loved subway when i started working there! it was my favourite!
Cons: now i can't eat at subway anymore, after making so many subs, i just can't.
It was difficult preforming the cash register, the baking of the bread, preparation of the veggies, cleaning and making the sub all at once. I would have enjoyed two people on the floor at all times.
Great team to work with ! Always had fun while keep busy and working !
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Amherst, NSOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free 6inch meal-deal with 6hrs worked, 12inch meal-deal with 8+hrs worked, free uniform + great team workers :)
Cons: poor management.
Typical day at work was always a blast ! cleaning, doing the necessary chores and duties expected, But being in/working with a group of 2-3 people daily, Made it all the much better.

I learned things I didn't originally know about the company, and got to meet a select few of amazing people !

Management -Made my job, less enjoyable, and they were probably the hardest part of my job as well, I felt as if I wasn't apart of the team when certain others were present, I felt as if they defiantly has their favorites and weren't afraid to show it.

My co-workers were my favorite part of work, other then dealing with my customers ! They all had amazing personalities and we all had a laugh and a great time when any of us were working together.

I left my job at subway in July of 2014, I had broken my foot on Canada day and wasn't able to work for 4-6weeks, Because of me breaking my foot, and me still being on my probation period, Subway "Fired" me, I don't agree with it, as it makes they're company look terrible, But it's completely legal, as I was in my 3 month probation period.

Other then that mix-up and the poor management skills, I defiantly recommend working at Subway !

EAT FRESH !
Subway what can i say
Sandwich Artist - Temporary/ Part Time (Former Employee), Barrie. ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was all good I had a ruff getting started I was trained poorly my . for the howl time I was there I was not trained on how to cook/make bred witch is a very big part of the job. the people that work there are all ways high strung and upset at something. so good luck to people that work at subway in the future
Fast and efficient at the busiest time.
Co-Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: bing organize.
Cons: working till very late.
I learned team work, customer service and management.
The hardest part of the job was the moments that I knew I've done everything perfectly but there was some technical issue coming up or the employee was not showing up and I had to work much harder to cover the absent employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the moment I was going reaching the sell I was aiming.
Great place to work for
Afternoon Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: night shifts
Worked at a Toronto location with a diverse team. The atmosphere was always clean, inviting and exciting to work in. Management was exceptionally understanding and much better than most other employers that I have worked for.
This job was my first job in niagara falls
Cashier (Former Employee), niagara fallsSeptember 28, 2014
like to work everywhere i worked. It was a whole new experience in working two separate industry. Hospitality and fast food. Both of the industry gave me one important thing which will stay with me i.e. customer service. Handling customer complaints, solving problem, managing team and main part is running the show. But i liked a lot working there.
Efficient in all duties.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Canada ABSeptember 24, 2014
Good Customer Service.
Up selling Products.
Food Safety and Hygiene.
good work training
A travailler comme caissière et commis (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 22, 2014
First off, serving food is not a job meant for everyone. It is reserved for patient people. Subway teaches you hard work because you are standing up for 9-10 hours a day dealing with bad smelling frozen food.
Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: subs
Cons: long hours, the smell
Not the best place to work, but the people were amazing! management wasn't the best but i mean they tried they're hardest. Nothing hard about this job.
Customer dealing
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Acquired good customer service skills and cash handling skills. Learnt how to work in a fast faced environment.
Productive and Interesting workplace
ANY (Former Employee), BRAMPTON, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: extra hours
TEAMWORK, PUNCHUALIT AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
ALL TEAM MEMBERS ARE VERY HARDWORKING, CO-OPERATIVE BEHAVIOUR and OPTIMISTIC
EVERY PART OF MY JOB IS AMAZING
My First job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Regina, SKSeptember 19, 2014
- Easy and had lot of Fun

- The place where I learned everything about customer service

- I was Trainer for new hires too after 5 months..

- Time flexibility was good

- I felt like I was working for my own business

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more