Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,239 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Commis, caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 20, 2016
The only reason I quit that part-time job was because I found a slightly better one. Working there was one of my best experiences so far. The management wasn't great at times since the owner changed and acquired more restaurants during the 2 years I was there. When they set up new rules and really planned to change the way the restaurants were run, the management was great, overall they took care of their employees.
New co-workers were hard to handle sometimes since most had never worked there, but they got the hang of it quickly.
I had fun training new employees in different places for a few months.
I learned to deal with people while I worked at Subway. I learned not to let people get to you when you work personally with customers.
For my second year at Subway I worked mostly alone during the weekend so it was fun having to manage the place alone. I learned to organise myself according to my customers needs and to manage my time when no one is there to watch over you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very demanding
cashier/customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
In the food industry quality and taste really maters if you have to satisfy your customer you have to provide best service to them.
Pros
free lunch
Sandwich Maker/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONApril 19, 2016
Typical day includes customer service, food preparation and cash detail. I learned to develop customer service skills, management skills as well as food safety for the customers. I made life long friends with my co-workers and management team. Best part of the job is meeting new people and providing them a quick friendly service.
Pros
Free Lunches
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 18, 2016
Typical day at work, ensure customer satisfaction and maintain cleanliness of store. Learned wise time management, working in fast paced environment and keeping counts of cash-ins and store inventory. Co-workers were great always got along well. The hardest part of the job was unruly customers. Most enjoyable part of it was the people I worked with.
Pros
free employee meal.
Fun and fast paced work environment.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Beamsville, ONApril 18, 2016
Working at Subway felt a lot like a family, we are all very close and enjoy working with one another. I learned how to order things we need, and put them away, when working with the general public patience is key, and how to open and close a store.
Work Fun
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONApril 16, 2016
I learned to work in a team and indiviually in a busy store enviornment. Maintained proper customer service and satisfaction.
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Long hours alone at work
Independent job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
I was in charge of the whole store taking customer orders, sometimes the day was really busy but nothing I can't handle. It was fun to meet new people and make friends
Busy, Productive, Enjoyable
artist (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 13, 2016
One shift has at least one major rush, enough time to ensure every custom gets the friendly perfect service and exactly what they order the way they want it.
There is always a job to do, rather than wasting time, and money.
it was ok
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONApril 13, 2016
I'd come in in the night, if it was a busy day, I'd have to clean up after the previous shift, then then left, I'd make sandwiches for customers if they came in, I'd prep all the vegetables, meats, and bread for the next morning, as well as clean the entire shop
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours that dont work with my social life
loved it.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 12, 2016
It's a great place to work. One of my favourite places, If i didn't move I would still be working here. It's a fast pace job, you need to be a quick learner but it's worth it.
Productive and an open place with amazing people.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lively, ONApril 12, 2016
Typical day included cleaning, washing vegetables, doing dishes,etc. I was always learning new ways to stock the place and make things better for our customers, our management was great and I loved working for them. Also, all my co-workers where always right there if you needed help and they didn't hesitate to help you, but the hardest part is that at night you would get scared of the people because the place is beside a bar. Other then that, I always loved going to work because of the people.
Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 11, 2016
A day of work at subway typically consisted of preparing the food (veggies, meats, sauces, bread, etc.) throughout the day for consumption. Also cleaning the restaurant including bathrooms, lobby, seating area, staff areas.
This was my first job, therefore I learnt the skills and persona which was needed of a person in a social workplace environment.
The management at this location was good, and I would not have any complaints. My co-workers were all very unique characters with their own set of skills being brought to the workplace.
The hardest part of this job would be the low number of hours I received due to school, sports, and hour cuts from the bosses.
I very much enjoyed the social part of this job. I love being able to communicate one on one with customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unpleasant customers
Best Fast Food Franchise to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 11, 2016
A fast pace and sometimes high stress work environment, keeps you on your toes. Shifts fly by as there is always so much to do. Working with fresh food and a culturally diverse team makes every day fun.
Great customer service experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONApril 11, 2016
My primary duties including preparing food and storing it. Bread and cookie baking and basic cleaning. I would prepare food and drinks for customers in a friendly and timely manner. I would also restock products throughout the shift.
I learned what I needed to quickly and was trained on the spot. My work day included greeting and serving the guests, as well as; running cash.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
A great store, the staff I have had are all talented, dedicated people and though I am ready for a new challenge.Owning a business taught how to handle the labor shortage problems and find an effective solution to them. The most enjoyable part of working as a team and learning everyday.
Pros
free meals
productive work with amazing leadership.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 8, 2016
Working in Subway was the best experience of my life.Working in subway given me hands-on experience. I have learned the professional communication with the customer which will help me for the future and my co-worker was amazingly talented with their work. For me there wasn't any part was it difficult everything was sooth and easy and my manager she gave us the best training at the work which help me and other my co-workers a lot.
Pros
one sandwich per day
Cons
12hr to 14 hr shifts
Good workplace with great learning experiances
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 6, 2016
the usual day of work was fun and taught new things to do with the food industry. management and co-workers were very friendly and willing to help should there have been any questions. the hardest part of the job closer to closing time when there were no costumers and the store had been entirely cleaned as there would be nothing else to do.
Pros
free food, friendly people, accomodating, wonderful management
Cons
counters too low, got boring when there was no customers
Fun work place
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 4, 2016
I was working in subway as a assit-manager
I had alots of fun to work there with all employees and with manager and with owner to
I learn lots of thin down ther in my work time
Pros
ALLWAYS FREE LUNCH
Too much customer focused.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Income was not too much but it was a great learning to polish customer service skills and communication skills.
It demands flexibility of hours.
Pros
dealing with public
Cons
Always busy
First job. Helped develop customer service and learned more about having a job.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 3, 2016
This experience helped to develop my learning abilities in terms of: customer service, teamwork, organization, interpersonal skills with co-workers and staff, and scheduling. It provided me with an opportunity to take on challenges in a workplace setting, particularly in the area of customer and food servicing. I also developed an attitude to take on responsibilities and plan for my future, as this job helped in saving for university.
Pros
Free Lunches and had a great staff to bond with professionally.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement