Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
best experience
subway supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: no any
job was fully satiesfied.
management helpful. and very precise accurate
Working part time is ok
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), toronto, onJuly 6, 2014
working part time is fine. not a long term job. working here is fun. great customer service.
good workplace and environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: money vs responsibility
8 hours shift , had many co workers of different culture,
• Improvement of Math while calculating money
• Work Ethic
• Responsibility ran the store alone
• Cleaning and organizing skills
hard time is during lunch hours when the store is very busy and there is less staff working
productive and creaative
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABJuly 3, 2014
Pros: quick service
Cons: short of staff
On july 1st Canada day ,the most busiest day ,we were 3 employees working . I have learnt how to manage the best customer service and manage multi tasks even if we are short of staff .As a manager , I beleive in building relations with your co-workers so that work and management can move along. The hardest part i felt was training your staff and serving – more... your customers at the same time. And the enjoyable part was serving customers and giving them quick service . – less
Would not recommend
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: see above, and then some...
I have found that Subway, as a whole, does not know how to treat their employees. If there are shortages of any kind, they choose to break labour laws and attempt to get reimbursed by their employees. If you choose to stand up for yourself and refuse, your hours are either cut or your employment is terminated. Granted, not all Subways do this, however – more... the location which I have worked at, does.
They try to fire people they don't personally like, their store is completely disorganized, they do not follow proper food handling procedures, the list goes on...
They expect a miraculous close when it's insanely busy and only have 1 person working. When robbed, they expect you to show up for your next shift, do not offer any kind of counselling.
They break labour laws when it comes to wages..paying below minimum wage, when the law states they are to pay a minimum amount. Co-workers will sell you out any chance they get to get on manager's good side and to benefit themselves. – less
Outgoing and dependible and thrive in a fast paced environment
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Petrolia, ONJuly 3, 2014
Pros: comfortable, clean and friendly atmosphere
Cons: assorded unstable hours
- A typical day of work is no different then any other day and can be enjoyable if you love what you do.
- I have learned through my work experience that all job atmospheres are different, but all offer a variety of experience. An effort has to be made in order to gain experience.
- I have not been given a management position, but I am understanding – more... of the importance of the position. Organization management skills should be an attribute all employees should possess.
- I have had great experiences working with co-workers at past jobs. I have made many life long friendships thanks to meeting new people through my jobs. My co-workers would find me outgoing and hardworking. It has always been important to me to treat my fellow employees with kindness.
- The hardest part of any job to me is dealing with a till or computer malfunction. Sometimes this can lead to a delay of sales and make our customers upset or impatient . Depending on the job positions I have had, its always been about making the customer happy, and when they are not, any lengths must be made to help the situation regardless of how stressful the situation might feel.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to work with great hardworking co-workers that assist in making a work day run smoothly. – less
Productive work environment with great employees
Server (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJune 30, 2014
Pros: free fountain pop
Co-workers were great, management needed work. I learned cash and proper sandwich making.
Typical day at work
Cashier/Sandwich Maker (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: free subs after a five hour shift, co-workers that i work with, easy job
Cons: short hours, no breaks unless you work over five hours, minimum wage
Start daily routines
- Clean Fridges, Oven, Proofer
- Stock Fridges, Sauces, chips and Food Prep
- Pull and make bread
- Make meats
- Cut tomatoes, green peppers, onions
- Take out garbages

- Counted breads, flat breads, – more... and plates
- Inputted inventory
- Close Till
- End of day procedures
- Maintained a cleanly work environment
- Cash drops
- Counted coin box

Most enjoyable part of job is meeting new customers, counteracting with regular customers and having their orders memorized, and working with my co-workers

Hardest part of the job is getting the store closed on time after a rush of customers last minute – less
harmonious workplace
Clerk (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: teamwork and learn to balance my study and work
Cons: no potential promotion
I really enjoy working in Subway since each of our co-workers are very friendly. In this workplace, everyone liked to help the others so that we finished each task efficiently.
Friendly workplace, Great coworkers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch while working
Cons: unorganzied shedualing
At Subway I learned how to manage my time efficiently, as well as customer service skills. Although, I did not get many hours I worked my best on every shift I did receive.
Its an awesome and great place to work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), 499 main streetJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: work more and more
Fast paced environment.
I learnt that Customers are always right on their side.
Energetic workplace
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), calgary,abJune 23, 2014
There is no typical day yet. This job learned me Management skills.
Precise Decision maker and Problem Solver
Customer Service (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: free dinner
I am enjoying working at subway. I learnt how to serve customer and how to talk with them which helped me a lot to improve my communication skills. I also enjoyed working with my co-worker.
Subway
Customer Service (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 16, 2014
Gained some experience into customer service. Was responsible for many tasks such as closing. Often did these task by myself, which helped broaden my organizational skills.
Horrible place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 14, 2014
Pros: free food, a lot of hours
Cons: drama, politics, staff. managers
Managers were full of drama, used rasist remarks infront of a customer, it was honestly full of drama and politics
Working part time and gain many skills like team work, customer handling
Customer representative and food preparation (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Great working part time with subway canada.
Working according to company aspect and maintaining the quality.
GOOD FOR A PART TIME JOB
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), HAMILTON ONTARIOJune 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: less hours
It was good overall. but there was no job security so i dont prefer this job. and they just pay me the minimum pay.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2014
Perform food safety and standardization audits on food items Perform inspections and daily tests on food items to ensure food safety
Assisting with HACCP, GMP and Health and Safety procedures.
Perform preventative and general maintenance on food production equipment
Checking temperatures of food products, doing inventories,
Baking breads and cookies
Discouraging place to work, negative energy
sandwich artist (Current Employee), Kirkland Lake, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: everything else
Subway is not a good job experience because there is a flow of negative energy always going through there, they tell you that you can always work harder and be faster and be cheaper on peoples food. No one can get along because everyone plays mind games trying to trick each other, most childish place to work,
Decent and A good starting job
Sandwich Artist/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor management
Subway is a good place to work if it is your first job. Either than that, there is little to no room to move up. The management could be better and the lack of communication between employees and owners is lacking. For students and people looking for a steady job Subway is a good place to start.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more