Subway

Subway Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee), cambridge centerMay 22, 2014
i worked full time, with 10.00 an hour. i was supervisor with no raise just a title that no one would listen to. i was there some days from 7am to 8pm with no overtime. not to mention my boss at the time wouldnt give us proper breaks
Productive workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Sarnia & Guelph, ONMay 21, 2014
I learned how to efficiently handle cash and how to promote sales. I learned to engage in friendly customer service. I learned how to be a team player and to work with more than one person in a team effort to reach the same goals. I enjoy working with people and keeping customers satisfied.
fast-paced workplace, requires people-friendly skills
Sandwich artist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 20, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
A typical day at work includes serving customers, preparing food products, working with cash register. I've learned how to work in groups and how to manage money more efficiently.
Managing tasks responsibly and reasonably
Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 18, 2014
Welcoming clients with a warm smile, letting then leave knowing they will come back , assist them with a great service offer them any additions they could add to their sandwich for a few dollars more, reaching their taste and at the same time increasing the sales of the store, thats deffinitely my favourtite part of the day everyday. However the day – more... can always get hard but managing the hard part is my job as a manager so i except all my requirements and fulfil them properly. Along with client satisfaction, a sanitized store is also on the top of my list of priorities, although getting 100 percent effort from your employees can always be a slight obstacle, but my friendly yet boss attitude gets me to work that out with them, and this attitude of mine will help me out in any field i get a chance to step in. – less
fun workplace
Quality Food and Service Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 18, 2014
Great and warm environment, amazing co-workers. Great hours and shifts.
Past Job Review
Employee (Former Employee), Digby NSMay 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
I really enjoyed my time at Subway it is a very happy atmosphere and I loved the co-workers. At work I would help make up the meats and veggies, then serve customers, work on cash, clean during the day and closing up at the end. My co-workers were all really helpful and kind.
Great work environment and training program
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Sydney, NSMay 15, 2014
Our store manager is really nice, and the co-workers are friendly as well. I like working there. Our Subway University Training Program is great too
Ideal Summer Job
Cashier and Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), NewfoundlandMay 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, agreeable management, discount
Cons: demanding lunch and dinner rushes, hours can be long
A typical day at work included preparation of food, costumer service, cashier duties, and cleaning. It is a relatively easy job but it can become more stressful or demanding during lunch and dinner rush. Co-workers and management were very friendly and agreeable.
Good team members, nice location and good food
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2014
Pros: free foods
Cons: standing for long hours
I liked to work at subway as a part time when I was studying business management in Toronto. It was good experience in a food industry . My manager has given me a bonus for my excellent performance in a subway career.
Very little assistance, guidance from Senior Management. No opportunity for advancement due to nepotism.
Field Consultant (Former Employee), Eastern and Northern OntarioMay 14, 2014
Pros: yearly trips for convention
Cons: dealing with unprofessional attitudes from upper management
Due to nepotism, mundane tasks were not divided equally among FC's. Certain Reps were not required to maintain the same high standards as the others. This created a difficult environment to work in.
too productive
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 13, 2014
nice place to work, easy atmosphere, no work pressure, still we did lot work.
Productive, professional and a good environment
Subway sandwich artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2014
- making sandwiches for costumers enjoying a good conversation with our costumers

- I've learned that costumer service is very important and to always make pour costumers happy

- The manager was fair to all staff and was fun to work with

- my co-workers were like family

- trying to not burn my self when taking the sandwich out of the oven

- being – more... part of an amazing team – less
Bad pay and no chance for growth
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Carstairs, ABMay 12, 2014
Pros: free pop
Cons: no lunches, no raises
They were good about giving me the hours I wanted but they do not offer raises and expect you to work through the day, no breaks. And you can only have one six inch sub where as most subways allow a footlong.
Overall Good
Senior Sandwich Artist Pro (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2014
A good company to start your Part time carrier. Customer Service Experience, Store Handling, Cashier, Customer feedback, Exclusive Store responsibility and management during the Shift.
Learned first time
QA Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
This job was my baby steps in the field of QA. I learned how the retail market works by getting to work on the software being used.
Enjoyed making wonderful sandwiches
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Nice and quick service with perfection
Play an excellent role of a sandwich artist by making sandwiches customers like the most
Productive and help to learn more professional skills
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), calgary,abMay 9, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: long hours
Enhance my personal and professional skills.• Supervise & co-ordinates activities with staff
• Establish work schedule
• Supervise and check assembly of trays
• Train staff in job duties, sanitation and job duties
• Supervise a team of seven people
• Build and maintain relationships with location managers & associates
Easy going and fun workplace
Employee (Former Employee), Havelock, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch and free dinner depends on shift
Cons: backup work
A typical day at work is depend on your shift. But usually its not to hard to work at subway and it also wonderful experience to work over there as you meet different people everyday.

From subway, I learned how to handle the customers and also how to manage your prioritize work. I learn to make sandwiches and closing and opening of restaurant.

The – more... hardest part of the job is to make a bread.

The enjoyable part of the job is that you meet a new person and share information with each other. – less
First Job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 5, 2014
A job is a job, and this was definitely just a job. Was never fun, the work was very boring. Management was poor, and you go no where with salary benefits or moving up in the company.
Great owners and great work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: management- free food, made my own schedule, everything really.
Cons: fast food, uniforms, and managment position is the highest to go.
This was one of my favourite places to work, not just because I was manager but because we were friends not just employees. We were all treated with respect and rewarded for our good work. I had to leave for college but sometimes wish I could go back if it wasn't such a drive for the pay. I would highly recommend a job there to start after school and – more... weekends. – less

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more