Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,318 reviews matching the search
Occasionally fun place to work, but poor pay, no benefits or promotions, no job security
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 18, 2015
Very demanding work place, especially working on a university campus during the school year.
Immense amount of work to do during all shifts.
Worked for three years, received absolutely no raise or benefits.
The job interfered greatly with my schooling and I was let go in the end for not being able to continue with strenuous schedule.
Pros
free food and drinks, meeting awesome people, amazing coworkers (for the most part)
Cons
extremely stressful, low pay for hard work, no pay raise, little to no job security
Was a good Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erin, ONJuly 4, 2016
It was a good job, I liked the people I worked and we always got along well, My boss was reasonable with shift changes. I learned how to deal with tuff situations better, and how to deal with customers. The hardest part would have been dealing with the rude customers. Overall it was a good experience.
Pros
Free meals when working
Okay Job, its a relaxing job.
Night Supervisor, Closed store at night (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2016
If you want permanent or work that you can rise in and go further then subway is not for you. you can only go so high and the pay stays pretty much the same and you don`t get benefits until your manager..
Pros
Free Subs
Cons
No benefits or not a lot of chances to go further
fun loving place with team members and able to know different customers.
Subway as a customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 10, 2016
i like meeting different people and to keep relations with customers for long term. i have learned many things from subway by greeting customers and by giving them a good customer service is our main goal.
I loved working for subway until there was a change in management at my location
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2016
My experience as a employee for subway was amazing I loved my job and all the people I worked with were amazing until our location had a change in manager..and I left do to not being allowed to tend to a family emergency without a threat of my pay being held and loss of job I would without a second thought take another position as a closed for subway any day
Pros
Amazing hours great staff decent pay
Cons
Besides my one run in with my manager that forced me to quit i found no cons with working for subway
good working environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 20, 2016
it is a wonderful experience but shifts are very long so i want to change my job. i am looking for a good job with good salary for an hour.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long shifts
Productive and cooperative work place with flexible schedules
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2016
My manager is very flexible and co-operative in scheduling and managing the time of Subway and the employees. I am never forced to take up a shift which is difficult for me to do for example when I have school or any plans. My co-workers are also very helpful and I enjoy working with them as they are very friendly and great to have chat with during break time. There's nothing really hard about the job, it is just multiple tasks but very simple and enjoyable.
Pros
Discount employee meals, flexible schedules
Cons
opening
Busy and fun with excellent management.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
Great people and a very busy and fun atmosphere. I appreciate the free sandwich every shift. There is a lot of variety of tasks. The hours were quite flexible and it is a great job for a university student. The Christmas party was really impressive. The manager is very organized and understanding and created a fun atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, great people
Cons
min wage, standing for hours
extremely enjoyable
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCAugust 9, 2016
a very good job, would highly recommend. coworkers are friendly and always willing to help, customers enjoy a good laugh. hardest part is closing the store at the end of the night, just because time is certainly a factor with it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be stressful on sysco order days
Excellent company
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Training is effective and management is always available for support. Co-workers are always willing to help and offer advice on difficult situations.
Pros
lots of training provided
Cons
not alot of team building excersises
Great first time job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Greeted and interacted with customers, prepped for the next day. Management was very lenient and helpful, very helpful for a teenager in his/her first job.
Fun and comfortable place to work at
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 11, 2016
- good coworkers
- excellent management
- love meeting new people / interacting with regular
- i have learned that a positive attitude is needed at all times
- hardest part would be if there are too many customers in line just eyeing you down, but again it is a fun job
Pros
Good coworkers and management
Cons
Not many hours
Excellent franchise
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONJune 8, 2016
I operated Subway franchise for over 20 years, it is rewarding to own your business, I manage and work with wonderful people. I interact with other franchisee, attended seminar with head office, and earned experience in business operation and management that I will carry with me forever
Pros
nice to be your own boss
Cons
you are always on call
Sandwich Artist & Supervisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Mostly people think that employees at subway have more labor
work but if you got a high position then there is lot of things to learn especially if a person like to see how the store operation like inventory and other things are utilized, most importantly a person can learn to improve their customer service skills also team working and management skills
Pros
fexiablity at work
Good place to work at, management is excellent.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 5, 2016
Daily prep and serving customers. Cleaning and organizing products. The management is excellent and co-workers are very nice and welcoming.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
there isn't any cons
great working experiences
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
we had a great work place environment.
the owner was a great guy and if anything would go wrong he would alway's be there to help out as quick as he could and do the best he could.

the staffed i would work with were great people, knew how to made customers laugh and we would have a fun time with the clients , made our day go great while the customers had a great service with us.

we worked across from a hospital, a little smile for some people could do such a big difference.

The only down side to this was when i was the only person working the night shift, witch was every day almost, i would be closing the store , there was many things that needed to get done for the next day and it would be hard on busy day's to get everything done on time plus trying to get everything clean and prepared for the next morning.
other then that, subway was a great experience for me,i would totally go work there again. loved it
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shifts
first job with export house made more challenges in career.
Sandwich Artist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
started as a junior Merchandiser .with in two years got promotion and became Merchandiser(Fashion Coordinator).Learnt costings, communication,fabric trims ordering,negotiations with suppliers,sample submissions,TNA making,getting orders,Meeting production samples.Co-workers were really helpfull,Hardest part of job was late timings.
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
I learned that its not easy to earn money. I also learned that customer satisfactions is the key part for a successful business. It feels like a group of individual working together to meet the goals of the business. The enjoyable part is when u get a tip from someone even though there was no tip box.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
late shift
Awful
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2016
Awful place to work for. Expected to close after only 2 training shifts by myself, illegally since I was only 17. Management was very unprofessional, I called to tell her that I was not comfortable closing alone since it was against the Canada/Manitoba labor laws & she hung up on me & never answered any of my calls again.
Pros
Free subs, cookies, soup, & drinks
Cons
Awful management
Great business
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 2, 2016
Great owners and management to work for. Very great people, to work with and around. Enjoyed my time there. They appreciate all of their employee's.

2.8