Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,176 reviews matching the search
Very amazing company
sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for. They value their employee's. They make it a very fun and enjoyable job to be at and want to work at. They make sure you love your job.
Great business
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 2, 2016
Great owners and management to work for. Very great people, to work with and around. Enjoyed my time there. They appreciate all of their employee's.
fun work place great people
Senior Sandwich Artist/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB Portage place mallMarch 1, 2016
When i worked for subway i enjoyed it very much i worked from 12pm or 1pm to 10:30pm closing time some times i would stay and finish things that needed to be done on my own time just so we could keep up the cleaning part of the store i trained new staff made bread cut veggys stocked shelves dated food products rotated stalk counted inventory and supervised night staff went to other subways if we ran out of products after making it ok with management i was lad off from this job though it happens i also liked the Walmart cards every year and pins i did not like the switching of managers 5 times since i was there i all so did not like that i only had a 5 cent raise for working 6 years and was on call 24hrs because there were only 2 openers for that store and i also did shift work and what we called clokens this is when you close the store and then open the store the next day you just learned to work with no sleep they also gave us Walmart cards and year pins.
Pros
The best thing with working at these kind of jobs was the free lunches or suppers
Cons
Shift work was hard but manageable
working at Subway is a good experience
Sandwich Artist (Teem Member) (Current Employee) –  Lambeth, ONFebruary 29, 2016
I enjoy working at Subway. its everyday a new experience, meeting new different people and some old people . I always try to do the best towards the customers and in the store related stuff like preparation the food , quantity and quality according to the need.I try to take care all the aspects in the job like focusing on good customer service, cleaning, time management etc.
making sandwiches to customers satisfaction
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBFebruary 29, 2016
open store, prep work, baking bread buns, making coffee, taking orders, making sandwiches, giving change, cleaning store, closing duties.
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
One hour bus ride to work
Great start for me
Sandwich Artist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 26, 2016
It was my first job that I ended up in a manager roll. After 9 months and some fortunate events for me. I ended up Manager with 3 employees under me in the Shipping and Receiving department. Unfortunately the business went bankrupt
Good Team
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 24, 2016
Good company, excelled as far as this franchise would let me.
would love to advance further but there is no room for growth.
We always get the minimum salary and the work is heavy
Sand-witch Artist (Former Employee) –  Downtown, torontoFebruary 24, 2016
No extra benefits
No fixed shift
Hard work
Need to prepare almost everything everyday
Have to work in multiple locations
Good to improve communication skills
Good food
Excellent start to a career
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Everything that you would expect from a fastfood place, but learnt a lot about how to work in a professional setting. Managing responsibilities and discovering my strengths. There was very little difficulties throughout my time working there, but realized I looked forward to working under pressure (busier hours)
Pros
Free lunches, customer service, interacting with employees
Cons
Becomes tedious, boring, repetitive
It was okay.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONFebruary 23, 2016
The employees were treated not in a very good way. Maximum quantity of work with less pay. Overall it counts as a good experience in my life.
great managment
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 23, 2016
i have enjoyed a lot working in a subway restaurant. It's great fun to directly connect with people and with it i have learned many from my co-workers about how to satisfy a customer's need with working in copany's rules and regulations.
fun and and enjoy the environment
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  Crossfield, ABFebruary 23, 2016
I like working with the team and I enjoy entertaining every customer
and my employer always look after about our working condition.
the hardest part of the jobs was when the customer comes it the same time as well as the drive trhu and your alone.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
slow business
great way to hone your sandwitch making skills
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSFebruary 22, 2016
great place to work!! they have strict rules with cleaning but thats great for a food place, you get to learn how to properly handle veggies and different meats and its a great way to interact and imporve your customer service skills
very close by and bendable hours
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 22, 2016
my daily schedule was calm and peaceful not much to stress about because i was working alone. it taught me how to work with customers well and efficiently. the mangement when i did work with them was not always the best thing very demanding and disrespectful as well as the coworkers , but never the less taught me how to make good sandwiches
Pros
free meals once a day
Cons
working alone
fast and fun loving environment
Designation- Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2016
Working at subway was and amazing experiance and learned an art of making nice sandwiches and also and excellent customer service too.
Pros
free lunch, excellent work environment
Maintained and Grown Position with experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Managed working in three different location as per need
Prepare food to customer specification with excellent customer service
Maintain proper stock of food as per requirement
Cleaned kitchen, restaurant, and restroom area
Maintain clean and sanitized food preparation area
Operated Cash register
Opened shifts and Closed Shifts
Fun workplace
Cashier and Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ONFebruary 19, 2016
kept a clean work place, made friends, enjoyed meeting new people
fellow employees were fun, easy work, learned a lot, enjoyed my job, and the people i worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
free subs, cookies etc
smell
fun workplace
Front store team member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2016
I start at 11 am preparing back up for lunch time. our store is busy every lunch time after lunch we do our cleaning. We work as a team helping each other having fun with them while working is making your work and day fun.
Good place to work.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Subway Restaurants was a good place to work, it just wasn't the right job for me personally. Would recommend as a first job.
Fun upbeat place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Great environment with great people to work with! fun and easy going at times but can also be very crazy depending on how busy they are! The people here always try to make the best of a day and make it fun and you always leave with a smile on your face!
Pros
Good Experience, Great People, Great Food