Subway Employee Reviews

I like subway and working there
Cashier/cook/costomer service (Former Employee) –  Como Lake, BC20 November 2017
i like the place that I worked but it was far from my work and I couldn’t go there and I like their sandwiches and dressing suace and they made a fresh sandwich for people.
Pros
Free footlong
Sandwhich Artist
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 November 2017
A typical day consisted of prepping the meats and veggies; following customers orders on what they would like on their sub/ salad.

Most enjoyable part was definitely eating the food!

Least enjoyable was when it would get really busy. It was pretty stressful when the line kept getting longer.
Fun workplace environment
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 November 2017
Working at subway is always fun. My experience working at subway was very good as the manager is very understanding. Hours are flexible and everyday you meet new people at work which builds up strong customer service. Plus you get free lunch which is great.
Pros
free sandwich
Work is fun and easy
SANDWHICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  3003 danforth avenue, ON17 November 2017
My experience working at subway was nice and happy. The manager was very understanding and respected the wishes of every employee. The hours are flexible and people are nice. on top of that there are free sandwichs.
Pros
free lunchs
Productive fun workplace with love and support
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 November 2017
Loved working at Subway, everyone is like a big family. Was my favourite job by far.
Would definitely work for this Company again

Learned how to do inventory. Learned how to work well with others and deal with customers. Learned how to make food, count till and put away and stock orders.
Pros
Amazing regular costumers, Fun work place
Cons
No breaks.
Fun to work the work the late night shifts
Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2017
Walk in start prepping veggies and meat for my shift and next take customers and every 2-3 hours clean the machines and make sure the cutting boards are washed and the floors are swept chips are restocked as well as drinks.
Pros
free food on shift
Cons
Delay's in pay
cleaning, serving customers, cashier
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Martensville, SK15 November 2017
Prep work, cleaning, cashier. I learned how to have more patience. The management was pretty good. They made you feel like family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers
Clean and efficient workplace.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
The management is dedicated to the business and takes every aspect seriously. I have been trained to be a sandwich artist as well as how to operate the ovens, prepare the ingredients, and clean the customer area. The hardest part of the job is memorizing all of the menu options and keeping every customer satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment that the management and my coworkers bring to every work day along with when you know a customer is satisfied with what you have made them.
Pros
Free lunches, satisfying customers, good management
Cons
Not enough hours
Work environment
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  19188 72ave surrey BC14 November 2017
I loved to talk to peopl. And at subway everyday diffrent people come so always love to talk to them . Also i like the hygenic environment so i always try to make the store clean and tidy
Professional and fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Témiscaming, QC14 November 2017
Working at Subway has benefited me in so many ways. I learned what it is to be a part of a team and the importance of playing your role properly. Being on time for every shift, communicating with your co-workers and manager, time management, maintaining high standards regarding food safety and sanitation, having a positive attitude and taking pride in my customer service and the food that we serve. These are all things I have learned from working at Subway.
Each Subway restaurant is unique because of each individual who works there. I am happy to say that I genuinely enjoyed working with each of my co-workers including my manager. My subway team was like my second family that I got to work with everyday.
The hardest part of the job to me would be the physical demands that come with it. Standing on your feet all day, lifting heavy boxes regularly. However these tasks become easier with time, a good pair of shoes and practicing proper lifting techniques is all you need.
The best part of the job would have to be the customers and working with my team. I loved it when regulars would come in and be happy to see me and vise versa. I'd always make sure to serve each customer as if they were my first even if I had a 'not so friendly' customer right before. Having my customers recognize and appreciate my good service is my favorite and most rewarding part of the job. As for my co-workers and manager I have yet to meet a group of individuals who were as fun and reliable to work with as they were. Our manager was and is super supportive and encouraging and built a confidence in
  more... me I wouldn't have gained without her. I would encourage anyone to work at a Subway restaurant.  less
time consuming
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 November 2017
The job was very useless i made very low amount of money and didnt get much good benefits and it was very difficult and not at all rewarding in an way.
Fun, positive work environment
Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC13 November 2017
Walking into work at Subway is a very happy positive time for me in the day. Wether its an opening shift, mid-shift or closing shift. I enjoy making sandwiches and learning new responsibilities, and new techniques for a more productive, and efficient work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short staff at times
Poor Management
Jr Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 November 2017
I cannot say that all Subways are like this, but the Subway I was employed at had the most immature manager I have worked with. She would use favoritism to either allow you to gain more hours, and if you fell out of favor with her personally, she would cut your hours back to almost nothing.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Manager/Work envirnoment
Subway
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK12 November 2017
while working at subway, there was constant smoking and terrible instructional directions on what to do and how to do it. I found myself constantly looking for a person to show me how to do the job correctly and efficiently, but never got the right person.
Cons
not a lot of hours, trying to work around life FOR work
first management job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 November 2017
This is where I began my management experience. I learned how to talk to employees in a way they would best listen and learn from me. Also how I would learn to control food and labour costs.
happy workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  800-13850 Steeles Ave, Georgetown ON L7G 0J110 November 2017
was a team work who prepared orders on time and every friendly with customers, make them feel welcome. All workers are very cooperative with each other
Fun workplace
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Stony Mountain, MB10 November 2017
This is a job for the individuals who don't mind working alone for long periods of time. You will have to look around for something else to do during times when you have no customers.
Pros
Free Sandwiches
Cons
Boring during later hours
Ok
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2017
Boss was very naggy, I ran store, his wife was nice, co workers were okay clean and bright, friendly customers was an okay place to work not bad not bad
Awesome job
Store Supervisor/manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 November 2017
Feels fantastic in working. Its just the pay is less. No work pressure.
want to explore new opportunity in life and move ahead.

Life is always challenging and hard to work in low wage. I have so many hopes for my future kids.

I want to work hard and keep fulfill the need and keep them happy.
Pros
Less pressure
Cons
low wage
No communication
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB8 November 2017
Would not work here again at this location but if it was another location then I would probably apply for the job not all places are the same, this was not for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8