Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,626 reviews matching the search
Good Job
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
You can communicate with your customer about how you have done your work.
This job is full of responsibilities like you have to check out for sandwich making, store management, cash, and all.
subway was okay
Sandwich Artist/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shaughnessy, BC8 February 2017
i already did a preview on this, its on the first one, i dont understand why im doing it again, i dont know what else to write, this wont let me contuine
subway
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 February 2017
not a bad place to work. fast paced. friendly managers and co-workers. I would recommend this for a first time job. there is not too much room for pay raise. but it is a stead income.
best place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 February 2017
it was really fun to work at this place, very friendly workers to work with them. smooth working, can work according to you.
Pros
easy at work, work according to you
Cons
some times without knowing needs to cover someone.
Fast Paced, Energetic Environment
Supervisor (Crew Leader) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 February 2017
subway is one of, if not THE leading sandwich franchises in Ontario, a typical day at work was always fast paced, busy, and fun. Most customers just need a smile to make their day. You must be very vigilant about health codes, and sanitation procedures, as you would be in an environment that if this areas are not monitored closely, you could cause someone to get sick. The hardest part of the job at subway , in my experience, (Some Franchise owners may be different) was the lack of full time hours, and the bare minimum wage. I was a supervisor, and still made minimum wage after being promoted, there are no benefits, and we were not allowed to work more then 7 hours a day.
Pros
50% off a 6 inch, (in my franchise), Tips, Meeting People
Cons
minimum wage, repetitive
Working at Subway
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON7 February 2017
I can't say this for all Subways because I haven't worked at them all, but this is the most clean and organized one I've worked at. I enjoy working here, but I'm not getting enough hours. I need the money so I can start saving for going back to school in the fall.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Tolerable if you get a good manager.
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB7 February 2017
Worked for the same company for over 3 years and in my last year there were 4 manager changes, some of which were horrible. Worked tons of hours that I didn't get paid for. After about three months of working for the company they cut out our bonuses even though our store met all the requirements they had previously set out.
Pros
free food
Cons
repetitive
Fun and an educating place to learn and work and is acutally fun to do so.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
My total experience until now is totally fun because I love the people there. My manager and the co-workers are very nice and I get to learn new things everyday. The environment there is very adaptable, means no one will have problem in blending in there. We care about each other. This cheerful environment is also very good for the customers.
Pros
Free meal, nice schedule.
Cons
nothing
3 years experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
i know how to prepare everything like meat, vegetables. i have good communication skills. i worked in subway for 3 years in calgary and toronto. i am currently looking for closing shifts
Decent Entry Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2017
Its a good place to start working. The tasks are simple enough that it gives you confidence and an understanding of working with others, for others. It's a lot of fun when you have a good team to work with and things go by very quick and smoothly when lunch times hits. I would say that some management could use some tweaking. The hardest part of the job I would say is not having a designated lunch break at all. Best part, working in a team and when regular customers would come in.
Pros
Free 6in Sub
Cons
No lunch breaks, Low wage
Easy job, however; very unprofessional boss.
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Oakland, ON6 February 2017
Decent hours, and great coworkers. But the boss expects you to work the Esso Staion, the Subway and the Pizza Pizza at the same time. My work experience is I was working 13 hours a day and 6 days a week only because I refused to work the 7th day. They asked me to skip high school to come in for shifts, threatened to fire me when i wouldn't and because I am female my boss claimed I didn't deserve a lunch break and I should be lucky to have a job at all. I would never go back.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Very unprofessional employer
Fast paced
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 February 2017
Worked at the Fairview mall location. We had a great team which made the flow go a lot smoother. Was very busy and sometimes were short staffed. Learned about food prep and proper sanitation techniques.
overall experience was excellent.
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2017
I really enjoyed my work at subway because the skills which i used at my work helps in my study too. because of this job i become a good decision maker, self confident,punctual too.
Subway
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON2 February 2017
A decent place to work, colleagues were great but no room for improvement or growth. I wish they would spend time on grooming their dedicated employees to become potential franchise owners or at least extend incentives to become a franchisee.
Pros
Discounts on meals
Cons
production line atmosphere without growth opportunity
Need to be highly energenic as it is fast passed environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  South Porcupine, ON2 February 2017
good place to get basics of work ethics, but they need benefits and better salary for the work they ask to be done. They should offer discounts to employees as they are already a high profit organization and competitive wages . at least $14.00 an hour would be a good wage and make the staff reliable and consistent.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
did not receive discount and rude customers
Consistent working environment with great staff
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2017
I enjoy working at Subway, though because I've worked here for quite a bit of time, I feel it is time to gain more working experience with other companies. The staff are great and very productive and we always complete our tasks together.
Pros
free lunches, is sometimes not busy
Cons
from time to time long hours, many tasks that need to be done
terrible place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fenelon Falls, ON1 February 2017
boss was always looking over shoulder or stepping on toes cared too much about my personal life.
alwaysassuming using drugs if youre tired, would watch store cameras on his phone whenever he is not at store.
Pros
free subs
Cons
short hours
very good
Manager (Current Employee) –  quinte west1 February 2017
I open the store and count the inventory as well as cash. Baking of the bread and cookies are next as well as preperation of meat and vegetables for the daily anticapated sales. I tend to customers needs and all day preparing sandwiches to their liking. The closing at night I clean the entire store and close the days business while depositing the cash for the day. On Tuesday I do an inventory of the entire store, order inwentory for the next weeks business and also have to do the payroll for the week.
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
very long hours
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS31 January 2017
Loved working at Subway, loved who I worked with. Had regular customers. The customers are always my top priority when working. The tips were great as well.
Pros
Free subs for the hours you work
Cons
Having to tell customers when we are out of something
Great environment for family oriented learning!
artist at various locations (Former Employee) –  Several31 January 2017
I was honored to work with a family owned restaurant owner and manager. She taught me recipes and now I use them on the daily!
Pros
Typically managed.
Cons
I was to move during the working period.

2.8