Subway
6,529 reviews

Subway Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great owners and great work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: management- free food, made my own schedule, everything really.
Cons: fast food, uniforms, and managment position is the highest to go.
This was one of my favourite places to work, not just because I was manager but because we were friends not just employees. We were all treated with respect and rewarded for our good work. I had to leave for college but sometimes wish I could go back if it wasn't such a drive for the pay. I would highly recommend a job there to start after school and – more... weekends. – less
Working at Subway: the pros and cons
Sandwich Artist Pro (Former Employee), Kaladar, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: great costumers, being able to train new employees, and leaning something new everyday
Cons: poor management
My typical day at subway started at 6:15am. First I would prepare things for the day and open the store. Bread, soup, cookies would be a few of the items to start. Throughout the day I would make sure that all of the necessary food was always ready to be refilled to ensure enough for the day.

I would also maintain a sanitized environment behind the – more... counter and the customer area; all to health code.

I was efficient in handling cash, debit and visa transactions. One of my responsibilities included training new employees.

The managers at subway though were not proper managers they were not following the health code and labour laws. They often would do things that If I as a costumer found out were being done would make me very uncomfortable eating the food there.

The hardest part of my job was doing as my mangers told me to when I did not agree nor feel comfortable doing.

The most enjoyable part was getting to see all the costumers everyday and all the regulars and building a rapport and knowing what they were going to order.

I also liked working with the other employees, getting to train new employees and building positive relationships. Getting to train the new employees made me feel like I was being rewarded for my job well done. – less
making people happy is number one while serving food
Subway artist (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: free drinks and 6" or 12" subs
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work for me at Subway Co was normally a very exciting shift. I really enjoyed my co workers and learning new things each day. One major thing I learned working with costumes is: nobody likes a negative employee your costumers always want a happy service and deserve it.
Fun place to work, lots to keep you busy
Official Subway Sandwich Artist/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Orleans, ONMay 3, 2014
Pros: free subs
Cons: having to deal with employees that don't have a teamwork mentality.
A typical day at Subway would involve serving customers and keeping the store clean.

I learned a number of skills including customer skills, management skills, inventory management skills, and organization skills.

The management I had was always very helpful, willing to teach when needed and able to have a good time with. We usually worked side by – more... side on the line to serve customers.

The hardest part of the job was coming in to poorly run stores and having to catch up. Another difficult part of the work was when the store was way more busy than anticipated and everything all ends up hitting you at the same time.

I loved the continuous pace of the workplace. It made for quick shifts and rare days of boredom. – less
wow wo wow
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2014
Great food and great company and healthy meal all under one roof. Go try it
Excellent Experience
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chatham, ONMay 1, 2014
Learned a lot about how businesses work on many different levels.
Productive workplace , worked with enthusiasm.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Maple, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: free footlong sandwich per day.
Cons: lack of hours.
Handled routine work from cleaning to inventory and delivery of goods.
Made 3 foot Giant sub and learn party platters
Served customer with respect and honor.
good management
Customer Representative (Current Employee), king city, ONApril 30, 2014
I have learnt good management skills, how to do inventory, good customer service
productive and helpful with team members.
Manager/ Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2014
Its very easy job as a customer service, and to know about the working environment in the Canada. also get a chance to know about to deal with different types of customers.
Fun place to work, great pace!
Night-time Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch, drinks
Cons: none come to mind
Great work, easy but enjoyable. Great place to learn responsibility, urgency and customer service skills. Good team moral, everyone works together.
Fun working environment, nice colleagues
Cashier and Sandwitch Artist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: very short day hours especially when i had to walk longer to work.
Exciting and different day everyday there, learned new things based upon various customer based interactions, customer service has to be top notch, learned to work independently and also as part of team, very cooperative colleagues.
Almost everyday is enjoyable to work there except the days when its not busy. The hardest part of the job is to coordinate – more... with long lineups, when fast order and payment process is very important and it keeps the line moving. – less
managing effectively and attaining efficiency
Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: field experience, learned responsibilities early
Cons: long hours
On a normal day i would come in check shifts, see that all employees that are scheduled are here. Then if there were any discrepancies in the shifts chart they would be sorted out immediately. After doing this a usual inspection of the shop would take place. Also, any special orders were observed and fulfilled. Some days i would have to work as a cashier – more... or sandwich artist. Other days i would work as a market analyst and devise ways to increase store sales. This process would entail carrying out SWOT analysis, competitive advantages, customer profiles and the like. My time at Subway taught me responsibility and helped me develop my communication skills. The hardest part of the job was usually scheduling shifts for part time workers because they were mostly students with conflicting schedules. The best part of the job was being able to facilitate a positive and enjoyable work environment. – less
Cash handling, customer service, quality control, problem solving
Cashier, Food preparation and Key holder (Former Employee), 1000 Gerrard St E, Toronto, ON M4M 3G6April 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: always on my feet
A typical day at work would be myself working with another employee, serving customers, making subs for them, while preparing for night shift (cleaning, cutting vegetables, making the food). The hardest part of the job was that i was constantly on my feet, trying my best to satisfy customers. i always made sure i was well mannered with a positive attitude. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was when customers would come back to me and tell me how much they enjoyed eating the sub i just made for them. Seeing how i can make another person happy just by serving them a sandwich made me enjoy my job a lot more. – less
productive workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 18, 2014
Pros: 50% off on regular sized subs
Cons: no breaktime
Working at this restaurant was enjoyable because of my colleagues.
A fun workplace which I enjoy coping with co-workers
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Surrey, BCApril 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
1. Every morning we prepare things we need for the day, like the vegetables, meats, breads and cookies. Everything should be enough for the day because you don't want the afternoon shifters to suffer if it gets busy. There should be a team work. Then every afternoon and evenings, you should fill-up things that is needed because you don't want to run-out – more... of things until the end of the day.

2. I've learned that you should be patient and very helpful to customers because you don't want them to feel irritated or provoked.

3. There's no manager in the store I'm working of, only the owner who manage us on our weekly shifts, offs and things-to-do. But overall, It was a pretty good management, eventhough he owns three stores now he still manage to balance everything and makes sure that we are very well accommodated in our schedules and daily basis.

4. There are different kinds of co-workers I've worked for. Some are very nice to me and some are those not-so-nice people. But work is work, they very helpful in some different ways. We still do team work and make sure we help each specially on a busy day.

5. As for me, I don't find any hard part of my job. I just enjoy everything and goes with flow.

6. Making sandwiches and breads and talking to people are things I enjoyed the most in my job. I learned many things by talking to people and by that I communicate with them on how I can satisfy them with their sandwich. – less
An experience to remember
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), 3453 Victoria Park Avenue, Toronto,ONApril 11, 2014
Pros: experience, good management
Cons: benefits
Wonderful staff and management who taught me synergy and the knowledge of delivering great customer service.

A typical day includes standing at the cashier taking orders and then creating sandwiches based on the customer's preferences. The main approach is to be as friendly and thoughtful as possible to convey a friendly atmosphere to our clients.
fun
Sandwich artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 6, 2014
good working environment, get to know different people, free food, sometimes frustrating
My summary
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2014
• Prep the store for the day
• Bake all of the bread/cookies to be used that day (and possibly some of the next day's bread too)
• Oversee all store-opening activities until the daytime manager arrives.
• Prepare customers' orders and then ring them up on the POS.
• Prepare the veggies/meats that need to be used that day.
Great Place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ajax, ONApril 3, 2014
Pros: 50% off
Cons: long periods of standing
Nice co-workers
Good working environment
Great experience
Learned a lot about food prep an handling
relaxing workplace
sandwich artist (Current Employee), Aldergrove, BCApril 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch, paid break
Cons: not enough hours, slightly disorganized
- preparing food, making sandwiches, working the till, general cleaning

-I learned how to act with customers, how to work a till and general food safety procedures

-the management was easy to talk but weren't around often

- the co-workers were always nice,comforting and extremely easy to work with

-hardest part of the job was working alone during – more... busy hours of the day

-most enjoyable part of the job is i was always comfortable in my work atmosphere I never felt uncomfortable – less

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more