Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,801 reviews matching the search
What you expect from working at subway.
Cashier / Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
Easy and fun job. Got free food and was a very friendly environment with nice co-workers. Nothing very challenging and learned alot about the working environment.
Pros
Free food, nice people.
Cons
Sometimes can be stressful at rush hour.
Good Starter Job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, ON11 April 2017
A typical day at work can be stressful but being able to work with our unique and loyal customers can be rewarding and working 8 hours allows you to manage the store yourself and complete tasks as you see fit.
Productive and fun place to work at
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON11 April 2017
Loving it here at subway it's been almost 8 months working for subway I want to make a job change and do something better and gain more experience somewhere else
Pros
Great break lunches
Owner was a really nice guy still all coluges are in my contact.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  downtown toronto,on10 April 2017
Overall experince was good.
People are really good ther e, I enjoyed working there but the workplace was too far from my home so I had to leave that job and also my co-workers are still in my contact also we meet occasionally.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
too much travelling to reach there.
Not bad but not the best
Team Leader/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
It was an ok place to work. I have been in worse. But I would work there again. With that in mind, I was working the night shift so I loved it. Was busy after the bars let out.
Pros
Free Lunch with every shift.
Cons
you leave your shift smelling like cold cuts.
Average
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Can9 April 2017
typical work place with nothing special , lunches are only a free 6 inch though not even a footlong and no discounts. mostly placed on shifts by myself or my co worker would be always on their
great experience but stressful
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2017
Overall a good first job but certain tasks and the way the company is rn will drive you nuts. Great culture however very nice to work with people your own age and has still been a beneficial experience.
first job
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 April 2017
first summer job during high school. I was a sandwich artist. I do not enjoy working fast food, or with food at all. I did my best but ultimately left because I couldn't keep up.
Pros
Cons
management
owners need to get their act together
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 April 2017
both owners are always contradicting each other can never get a hold of them when needed and always giving away product to their friends leaving the store short for actual paying costumers
Rewarding and fun place to start out
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 April 2017
Subway is a good stepping stone for other jobs. It gives you transferable skills you can use. I most enjoy service our regular customers who always brighten up the day.
Pros
Meals, discounts, fast-paced
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement, high turn-around, no benefits
Fast paced work environment
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2017
Fun place to work, you are required to have lot's of energy and able to multi task. Pay is minimum wage, no benefits. Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customer's.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee) –  Stewiacke, NS7 April 2017
Subway was very flexible and able to meet all my working needs at that time.
The management and staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The store was always clean and the sandwiches were delicious!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of standing
gross
cashier, dishes (Former Employee) –  halifax6 April 2017
A typical shift includes preparing vegetables on industrial slicers, pulling bread, making sandwiches, wraps and salads to formula, cleaning, and filling orders for catering.
Pros
free food
Cons
everything else
awesome and fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON6 April 2017
subway was a wonderful establishment to work for. all the people were super nice and super down to earth it isn't to fast pace and it is very fun and not hard to learn.
Pros
free lunch
Good Place To Work
Worker (Former Employee) –  La Salle, MB6 April 2017
Liked the management, very organized, and was fun making subs. A typical day would be prepping all the food (vegetables, bread, cookies), making subs for customers, and staying on top of keeping an organized space.
productive with good environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Ontario5 April 2017
I think subway is a best place to learn lot of new things for example leaning multicultural taste,different recipes etc. the most enjoyable part is working with people of different culture,looking at the world with their viewpoint,good communication skills, and serving best food to make people happy and full.
Pros
lunch hours
Cons
growth of working experience is a fun process
Server (Current Employee) –  King City, ON5 April 2017
Subway is definitely a perfect place for a student like me to develop my customer service skills in order to flourish in the hospitality industry. As a sandwich artist, not only do I aspire to make beautiful sandwiches for my customers, I also want them to feel happy, full and satisfied with what I serve them so that they keep coming back for more. Connecting with my customers externally and internally is a worthwhile feeling.
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
unpredictable hours
Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 April 2017
Typical day involve preparing meats, cheese, vegetables, and bread. Main focus was serving customers and making their sandwiches in the fashion they liked.
Petit endroit
Restaurant Team Member (Former Employee) –  1255 Rue Notre-Dame Ouest, Montréal, QC H3C 1K55 April 2017
Les journée étaient mouvementé puisque l'endroit était situé juste à côté de l'Université des technologies Supérieurs (ÉTS), donc des rush de 2 heures au plus deux fois par jours l'hors d'un même chiffre. J'ai appris à travailler vraiment rapidement et de facon efficace et ca m'a beaucoup servi dans tous les aspects de ma vie après cet expérience. La gérante était une personne sérieuse qui détenait ce poste depuis plusieurs années déjà. Elle était une excellente gérante, souriante agréable, mais le laisser jamais un boulot fait à moitié. Cet emploie avait un mélange culturel assez élever. La partie la plus difficile du travail était de m'adapter à aller rapidement, ca m'a pris au moins un mois et demi pour gérer un rush de manière efficace. La partie la plus agréable du travail était de travaillé avec l'équipe!
experience in subway
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 April 2017
It is good experience working in subway. Learned leadership skills,team work, completing given task on time, handling customer orders, making sure customer is satisfied at the end of their visit.
Pros
team work, customer experience, management skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8