Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,409 reviews matching the search
Excellent franchise
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON8 June 2016
I operated Subway franchise for over 20 years, it is rewarding to own your business, I manage and work with wonderful people. I interact with other franchisee, attended seminar with head office, and earned experience in business operation and management that I will carry with me forever
Pros
nice to be your own boss
Cons
you are always on call
enjoyable work environment,learnt customer service skills, flexible work schedule,
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 May 2016
i have gained my customer service skills as well as communication skills. I also learnt how to handle difficult situations with calm mind such as an angry customer or work load.My experience with co-workers and management was great . All co-workers were very helpful and always there to help each other out in tough timeThe hardest part of the job was to order supplies according to the demand but it is hard to estimate demand of food because the number changes every week.the most enjoyable part was interacting with people from different backgrounds and learning and speaking new languages with people.
Pros
free lunch, free movie and game tickets, free transportation passes
Cons
long schedule hours
fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2016
prepping opening and lunch shifts
didn't like the owner as he was ignorant to the employs
had fun with the employees
hard work but the best part i loved was to go home at the end of my shift.
Pros
free lunh
Cons
the owner was ignorant
fast past, fun to work, great team
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON11 May 2016
Typical day, go in and get ready with team members for diner rush, clean organize,
i have learned how to work as a team to make serving customers easy and as efficient as possible.
management is good, easy to work with and talk to
hardest part is working alone when its busy, after a certain time i am the only person working and when its busy it can get overwhelming. But i have been able to handle it and found ways to make it easier.
Most enjoyable part is knowing that i made a good meal for the customers and they are happy with the service i and the team gave them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working alone can be stressful
it was good working there
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2016
they had meetings and it was very informational and i was able to understand what to do and i learned i can work the cashier fast and i just needed to learn how to do some stuff
Pros
the manager, workers
Very good
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON27 November 2016
Had a good relationship with my managers and boss. I learned how to be responsible for other staff emmebrs and for the store on my own, as I had a great deal of responsibility opening and closing the store.
Pros
subs
Cons
no set breaks
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 June 2016
I learned that its not easy to earn money. I also learned that customer satisfactions is the key part for a successful business. It feels like a group of individual working together to meet the goals of the business. The enjoyable part is when u get a tip from someone even though there was no tip box.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
late shift
productive
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2016
no employee benefits
co-workers are so helpful
management is so stressful
nice atmosphere to work
I've learned to how to tackle with bad situation in a good way
how to provide good customer service
Fun work place and great environment.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Fort, BC2 October 2016
Long hours but over all a great work place. Fast paced but no matter what you always had someone there to help you. Very clean and efficient. Great job
Pros
Free lunches, great people
Awful
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 May 2016
Awful place to work for. Expected to close after only 2 training shifts by myself, illegally since I was only 17. Management was very unprofessional, I called to tell her that I was not comfortable closing alone since it was against the Canada/Manitoba labor laws & she hung up on me & never answered any of my calls again.
Pros
Free subs, cookies, soup, & drinks
Cons
Awful management
Growth Oriented fun Loving Work Place
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2016
Good Place to start your carrier, Subway teach`s lot basics.
What I did learn was how to solve problems on my own, how to work more efficiently as a team, time-management and some paperwork skills.
Loved the people, hated the hours
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 June 2016
I worked here for 7 months and it was a blast if you have the right co-workers. The one problem was a change in management and I went from have 4 shifts a week to only 1 shift a week even when i requested for more. Over all fun place to work if you have the right people.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun staff.
Cons
Not very many hours
Made Subs for custumers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 November 2016
I had to make food preparations for the subs. I had to make sure that everything was clean and well organized. I looked after the inventory and placed orders when needed.
Pros
Free subs
Cons
Minimum wage
Great co-workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 June 2016
Enjoyed working at subways, was a wonderful experience, the only thing that was troublesome were the mistreatments after starting to work there, as well as the constant accusations. But other than that it was a good work experience due to my team members.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
No breaks
it was a good beginner job
Customer service reapresentative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 May 2016
working at subway was a good beginner job .there were no benefits long hours with minimal breaks .best part of my job was getting to interact with the customers and my co -workers .Management was iffy .manager never listened to employees and what hours they could work always did what was beneficial to her and assistant manager.
Pros
great way to get experience, made new friends and learned how to interact with customer from all different walks of life
Cons
long hours not many breaks and no free food
Team members made it worth it
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2016
Helped me learn how to better deal with customers in everyday situation and become more adaptable. I loved the people that I worked with they made it fun to come into work in the mornings
Busy and fun with excellent management.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 May 2016
Great people and a very busy and fun atmosphere. I appreciate the free sandwich every shift. There is a lot of variety of tasks. The hours were quite flexible and it is a great job for a university student. The Christmas party was really impressive. The manager is very organized and understanding and created a fun atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, great people
Cons
min wage, standing for hours
very productive and friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
i was working there for few months, co-worker and the other staffs are friendly. the only thing i do not like is the smell in the company.
i have gained a good experience there
easy and fun
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB10 November 2016
easy and fun workplace and we have team work. the most enjoyable part of the job is to serving costumers give what they want withsmile. management is great we're like a family here/
Pros
free lunch
Cons
7-8hours/day
first job with export house made more challenges in career.
Sandwich Artist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 May 2016
started as a junior Merchandiser .with in two years got promotion and became Merchandiser(Fashion Coordinator).Learnt costings, communication,fabric trims ordering,negotiations with suppliers,sample submissions,TNA making,getting orders,Meeting production samples.Co-workers were really helpfull,Hardest part of job was late timings.

2.8