Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,206 reviews matching the search
Good place to work at, management is excellent.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 5, 2016
Daily prep and serving customers. Cleaning and organizing products. The management is excellent and co-workers are very nice and welcoming.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
there isn't any cons
Great business
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 2, 2016
Great owners and management to work for. Very great people, to work with and around. Enjoyed my time there. They appreciate all of their employee's.
Productive and fun workplace!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONDecember 6, 2015
I loved serving the costumers and making them happy. Making lunches for all the school kids was great as well, Catering with Subway is such a great idea and really keeps the kids and parents happy. I had wonderful managers with a great hard working team, i really loved this place and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Pros
Got to work with amazing people
Cons
Long hours and alot of busy days
Great first time job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Greeted and interacted with customers, prepped for the next day. Management was very lenient and helpful, very helpful for a teenager in his/her first job.
We always get the minimum salary and the work is heavy
Sand-witch Artist (Former Employee) –  Downtown, torontoFebruary 24, 2016
No extra benefits
No fixed shift
Hard work
Need to prepare almost everything everyday
Have to work in multiple locations
Good to improve communication skills
Good food
Bad Management, Lack of help
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NBApril 23, 2016
Working there from the beginning I was left alone, and had to learn everything on my own, the manager and other workers acted like they had other places to be and this was daily, most of the time you were left to wait on customers by yourself and had lack of help from your ''coworkers''. So many people come and go so you see new faces every week to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a free sub and taking a break from doing everything feeling exhausted.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, No help, Being left alone for hours, Lack of communication
Typical Day
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NSFebruary 5, 2016
A typical day at subway would be extremely hectic as that position required a person to multitask. Dealing with customers, doing prep work, cooking bread, using the cash float, and making sure all clean up is done.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Poor Management
I loved working for subway until there was a change in management at my location
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2016
My experience as a employee for subway was amazing I loved my job and all the people I worked with were amazing until our location had a change in manager..and I left do to not being allowed to tend to a family emergency without a threat of my pay being held and loss of job I would without a second thought take another position as a closed for subway any day
Pros
Amazing hours great staff decent pay
Cons
Besides my one run in with my manager that forced me to quit i found no cons with working for subway
good working environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 20, 2016
it is a wonderful experience but shifts are very long so i want to change my job. i am looking for a good job with good salary for an hour.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long shifts
ITS NOT WORTH IT
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONNovember 3, 2015
MADE to work ridiculous hours and long shifts (16+ hours). Team members and management are bullies and owner doesn't care. Owner yells and screams at employees and management to where customers complain. NO BREAKS, NO LUNCHES- if management opportunity... run! They get it the worse. OWNER HARRASES YOU. Will call after making you work double shift and make you go in. Can not even get vacation time without being told to come in.
Pros
money is money
Cons
no lunch, no break, harrasment
Good co-workers, grueling job
Sandwich Artist® (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Tight hours without too much leeway unless a lot of seniority, a lot of things to be done against clock that depends on customers. I was the closer, so a lot of this depends on evening workers, which were nice to work with, but slack off. There are no assistant managers, manager only highers for frontline service position and pay. No benefits. Hard to balance demand of shifts with school due to turnover rate of fellow co-workers,
Pros
Spare time at end during slow days
Cons
Late customers and those that are rude or order for groups
inefficient management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2016
worked alone for most shifts. bad management and efficiency.The hardest part was having to cover all the roles alone. Dinner rushes were overwhelming sometimes.
productive and a nice place to work
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Hinton, ABMay 13, 2016
though its always busy every one managed to smile ,greeting customers and give the best to serve them,every body is cooperative and willing to help each other.in this job i enhance my flexibility,good customer service and supervisory skills.its really enjoyable working here especially when it gets really busy and things are done because everybody cooperate.i also learned how to prepare foods and baking bread,worked in a fast paced environment and my communication skills enhanced too.
it was a good beginner job
Customer service reapresentative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 2, 2016
working at subway was a good beginner job .there were no benefits long hours with minimal breaks .best part of my job was getting to interact with the customers and my co -workers .Management was iffy .manager never listened to employees and what hours they could work always did what was beneficial to her and assistant manager.
Pros
great way to get experience, made new friends and learned how to interact with customer from all different walks of life
Cons
long hours not many breaks and no free food
Productive and an open place with amazing people.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lively, ONApril 12, 2016
Typical day included cleaning, washing vegetables, doing dishes,etc. I was always learning new ways to stock the place and make things better for our customers, our management was great and I loved working for them. Also, all my co-workers where always right there if you needed help and they didn't hesitate to help you, but the hardest part is that at night you would get scared of the people because the place is beside a bar. Other then that, I always loved going to work because of the people.
Fun and challenging work place.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABNovember 1, 2015
Service-oriented company with good rotation when it comes to schedule that makes the work exciting and fun. Preparing fresh ingredients daily to keep the standard quality of products. Friendly and very approachable management and owner which makes it very easy to bring up any concerns with assurance that they will be attended the soonest possible time. I am really happy and proud to be a part of the team.
Pros
Free Lunch
i like to work in subway because of it's good management and customer satisfaction services.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 9, 2015
A day is going with some fun with customers. I have learned about the subway and how to deal with customer. as well as management of the subway is good.in this job , there is no hardest part of job and i enjoyed most when customers is arrived. also, my co-worker is good. they help me in job. i also believe in team work.
productive work with amazing leadership.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 8, 2016
Working in Subway was the best experience of my life.Working in subway given me hands-on experience. I have learned the professional communication with the customer which will help me for the future and my co-worker was amazingly talented with their work. For me there wasn't any part was it difficult everything was sooth and easy and my manager she gave us the best training at the work which help me and other my co-workers a lot.
Pros
one sandwich per day
Cons
12hr to 14 hr shifts
Great Team, Great Work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
Start Cleaning the food station area. Prepare the food. Greet Customers and take orders. Help Co workers when it gets too buys. Do food safety check and restock.
I learned organizational, communication, management skills. Team work.
Enjoy in working with teamworkers.
Pros
Cons
when its cold outside
no good
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 15, 2015
work load is too much, no overtime pay, no salary raise, no benefits. all you have to do is work work and work. worst job of my life