Subway Employee Reviews

Great time
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2018
In Subway I learn lost things like time management, Customer service, make happy our Customer, and greeting, teamwork.

I enjoy work with my team members.
Alight
Manager(former) (Current Employee) –  Watrous, SK14 January 2018
The job itself was pretty easy. A little stressful when crazy busy but that is what makes life interesting. Really like the involvement and easy going atmosphere when dealing with the customers.
fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 January 2018
A sandwich artist is responsible for using various vegetables and nutritious in order to provide customers' orders. Also, she is responsible to work as a cashier and record the stocks at the back of the store.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
low wage
fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK12 January 2018
fast pace work, friendly people.
management and the owners would hep you out if you were in a bind really looking out for there team members.
everyone communicated and worked as a team
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no paid breaks
The nicest bosses anyone could ever work for, and a simple job you can take pride in.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Tumbler Ridge, BC11 January 2018
I enjoyed working at Subway in Tumbler Ridge because the couple that runs it are amazing, kind hearted, and understanding people. I learned a lot from them and my time working at Subway. It is a great job where you can excel easily, and work on efficiency and communication skills.
Subway
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB9 January 2018
I like working with people under time pressure i can do multi-tasking at work and i loved being busy at work. I like people watching what Im doing how i prepared their sub under circumstances and they inspired from me.
Subway is an unprofessional work environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON9 January 2018
Subway managers have treated their employees with disrespect. Employees are told to do everything and then get disrespected by all the tasks not being fully completed.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Treated disgusting
A fun place to work when able to focus on tasks at hand
Student (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario8 January 2018
As an employee for almost three years, I was lucky enough to have excellent management at my location. However, I have heard many horror stories and the way a store runs smoothly definitely depends on the staff and management running it. I lucked out with both, therefore was an excellent job that I always looked forward to continuing in.
terrible
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Erin, ON8 January 2018
management was awful, never opened or closed onetime. when I was 16 I would be there until 2 am on a school night almost 4 times a week. we were constantly out of everything. I was shamed for having stress and anxiety and was told to "leave it at home". never got the days I requested off, sometimes a month in advance. Dirty environment, negative energy, just terrible.
Pros
free 6 inch sub when you work
Cons
everything
Coworkers were great but my boss was condescending and rude to employees
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON7 January 2018
The work was easy and fun and my coworkers were amazing but my boss, the owner of the store, was condescending and would yell at employees for no real reason
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Management was rude and condescending to employees
Productive and get a chance to develop and sharp my skills
Training Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Its was a great experience working in different culture where i have to engage with different customers, to know their choice, their way to communicate.Started my part time job as a cashier and after that being promoted to training assistant help me to sharp my skills as well as got to learn many skills which will help me in my future careers,
Okay workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB7 January 2018
Work was not overly difficult. Bake bread, serve customers, clean store, etc. There was nothing defining or rewarding about working with this company.
Ok job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
Typical fast food restaurant. I enjoyed working here because of interesting coworkers, but since it is a franchise branch, the management is not as good and they cheap out on wages and unfair on scheduling.
Fun place to work if managed right
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 January 2018
personally subway was not the job for me , i didn't get along with a few of the staff members one including the boss. there was no benefits also worked overtime without getting paid for the extra hours put in.
Pros
free lunch / some friendly co workers
Cons
Hours /etc
Always a busy day.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 January 2018
Typical day is engaging with new customers everyday and learning different ways to make a sandwiches. The management always helped out whenever it got busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was creating and offering amazing sandwiches and wraps to the guest.
alright place to work
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 January 2018
idk much to say about subway lol but its alright not muh to rant about i walk inside change in to my uniform open prep then work perp then work n leave
Pros
free lunch
Cons
boring at points
fun and friendly work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
it was one of my first jobs in Canada as a teenager for over 5 years, the work environment was fun and chill as well as very friendly with customers and other workers in the store. I had good experience with subway through my 5+ years working there. the job was hard once in awhile but job is job.
Pros
free lunches and paid breaks
Cons
it was long hours but worth it
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC3 January 2018
Loved my experience working as assistant manager for four years. Fun working environment, easy tasks. Not the best salary but great for students looking for part time job
Fun
Artist (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 January 2018
It was a good experience, I had a lot of fun working there. Made a bunch of new friends, Me and all my co workers got along quite well. Never had a problem with management
Pros
Free 6" sub every time you work a 5 hour shift
Cons
Looong hours
learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 January 2018
Working with Subway was quite helpful as the environment at subway is very fast pace and I came in contact with different people it helped me to improve my confidence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

58.5K