Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,411 reviews matching the search
Learnt Important things n food industry.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
i loved the staff i worked with, it was always a fun environment but was very fast paced and were under staffed slightly.
a day would be very busy sometime with only one person working, i learned to work very fast but it was very stressful, the manager was okay but would not always scheduled people in the times they were available. the on thing i loved about this job was the people i got to work with, they were friendly and caring
Productive and good work environment with an ample of opportunities to learn food and safety
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
Subway Sandwiches is one of the best restaurant worldwide. I learned basic duties such as preparation of products, handling cash serving customers and how to maintain food and safety.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Good place to work, but some coworkers are belligerent
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Portage Road. Niagara Falls2 October 2016
The work day was standard, and the customers were all nice people, but I had some coworkers who took issue with the fact that I could not perform the job perfectly 24/7 mostly due to the fact that I was new there. The rest of the coworkers were lovely people though.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stressful work environment
Fun work place and great environment.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Fort, BC2 October 2016
Long hours but over all a great work place. Fast paced but no matter what you always had someone there to help you. Very clean and efficient. Great job
Pros
Free lunches, great people
Its really good experience
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 October 2016
Long hours shift is really wierd
Than also should always see for the condition of the worker and give the shift as its nice ro look after the condition of the person working
Pros
Free lunch
make sandwich
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB29 September 2016
I have learn how to make sandwich.Before that i even didn't i can make something but i tried and success and my self believe become stronger.
Subway is an excellent work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2016
As an employee of subway, I have to say it is one of the best jobs I have had. I learned in my two years of working there that team work is a must. Without team work, a normal day would be chaotic.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no free lunches
It's a fun place to work with great people
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  South Porcupine, ON28 September 2016
The hardest part of my job, I find is to keep up with a the new things. I love the fact that you gotta memorize a few subs combinations and that we are always making subs or making sure your store is very clean so costumers may come again. I love my co-wokers, they are fun to work with even on a bad day.
It was a great experience at subway
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC27 September 2016
I get to know about that how to deal with customers. It also increased my working speed and moreover knowledge. Coworkers were very helpful and I enjoyed working with them.
Make sandwiches and interact with people who want to buy food.
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  St.-Lazare, QC26 September 2016
Typical day at work would consist of cleaning the store, preparing food for the days work and making sandwiches for people wanting to buy Subway, Co-workers were high school students like me at the time. the job was engaging, not a lot of downtime and generally fun. management was nice and very sympathetic to personal needs and basic human needs.
Pros
discounted food for employees
Cons
long hours on your feet sometimes
Time management and build good relation
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2016
Working in Subway store is great. I learned great skills like time management and build good relation with customer. Winter 2016, it was toughest day for me. Generally in winters store is slow but and i just joined subway before 2 month and that day i saw suddenly i had 9 customer standing in queue. So i speed up and they all knew that i was new there so they encourage me and some of them had big order. But i finished all orders and at the end when i checked the system it was showing that i made 29 sandwiches in one hour by my self only. At that time i realize that if you truly believe in your self that everything is possible. So always work hard.
Pros
Free Cookies
subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2016
I really enjoyed working for subway. I learnt a lot when I was a manager. I enjoyed learning to make the bread and doing prep work. I really enjoyed the majority of customers, and working in the busier restaurants.
Pros
free 6' every 4 hours
Cons
some restaurants have large employee turnovers
really good place and enjoyed working with co-workers
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON24 September 2016
Subway was my second place where I worked. I really love woring with my Co-working as they are really very friendly with good and positive attitude. Great working experience.
Pros
free lunch, friendly co-workers, good and positive attitude, really very fast service
Cons
no cons at all
Great
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON24 September 2016
Great workplace, was trained thoroughly with a patient and kind boss. Amazing location, regular customers on a daily basis, became very good friends with all of my fellow employees.
Liked the job, always around making school orders & deliveries
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON23 September 2016
Manager, loved working with people that soon were my friends, school orders and loved talking to kids, getting to know the employees and teaching them
Pros
Talking with customer service, clean work.
Cons
Too stressful
I hated this job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 September 2016
I did not like this job because It was horrible to me. I never got more than 1 day off. I was there for 6 months straight. I worked 112 weekly. I never had time to myself.
it was fun to work at subway
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 September 2016
the most enjoyable part was that talking to new and old people everyday, and getting to know whats going around and got the experience to work fast at any situation
Cons
Good place for a first time job!
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ON20 September 2016
Working at subway, like any other fast food industry will be one of the easiest jobs you can ever have. Everything is cut and clear to the point, always explained how the job should be done. Very flexible hours and great management!
Productive and busy
sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  205 memorial ave18 September 2016
I worked at Subway as a team leader. I was responsible for weekly paper work and helping serve customers. I particularly enjoyed doing the daily and weekly paperwork.
Okay Job, its a relaxing job.
Night Supervisor, Closed store at night (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2016
If you want permanent or work that you can rise in and go further then subway is not for you. you can only go so high and the pay stays pretty much the same and you don`t get benefits until your manager..
Pros
Free Subs
Cons
No benefits or not a lot of chances to go further

2.8