Subway Employee Reviews

> cutting vegetables
> preparing sandwiches
> mobbing the floor
> cleaning tables
> It has been a very long time, i cannot recall things from that point
It Was Ok
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON9 October 2017
I cant bad mouth my subway experience because it was fun. It was my first job and i was lucky enough to have a friendly staff. The good thing about subway is that it gives you a lot of work experience.
Pros
Free lunch and refills
Cons
long hours, we had to do everything
horrible
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2017
they keep you for 3 months then fire you for no reason (no explanation). but during my woking time there the other workers were not friendly and the management was horrible
Pros
discounts
Cons
other workers slacked
Difficult, lonely and angry workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  NS9 October 2017
Typical day at work would be a non-stop 6-8 hour work period which involves cleaning, serving customers, prepping and inventory. During work days I was "allowed" to take 30 minute lunch breaks, but I would fall behind on maintenance and could be scolded for it.

The most important thing I learned is how to deal with a stress and time management.
Area management is ruthless and by-the-books, and if something was not right, you were written up instantly regardless of your relationship with them. Store management is good, but lacks backbone.

Hardest part of the job is working long shifts alone where absolutely all responsibilities fell on me.
There wasn't really anything enjoyable, just mediocre at best.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Excessive work in increasingly short time periods
it was fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2017
he usual day of work was fun and taught new things to do with the food industry. management and co-workers were very friendly and willing to help should there have been any questions. the hardest part of the job closer to closing time when there were no costumers and the store had been entirely cleaned as there would be nothing else to do.
it's alright
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL8 October 2017
Good job for high school students, not much room for promotions or raises. Main problem is poor management and work place drama the makes working less enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work place drama, poor managemet
Service/Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lethbrige8 October 2017
As I work in Subway compony its very interesting because I work with different peoples. I usually work noon ahift to close. I learn how to manage the store because my boss give me a lots of responsibility task to do like making inventory, wiser report and sametime supervice my fellow 2 co-workers. Moreover, I enjoyed my job and till now I a hard person working in the Subway.
great place to work.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Bathinda8 October 2017
Busy place. Heavy rush of customers specially on weekends. Multitasking is highly required, Interacion with cutomers is also required. Greeting customer with a smile.
Sandwhich's Every Break!!
Storefront (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON6 October 2017
makes for a great summer job or even just a part time weekend job. clean work environment and great people to work with. Midnight's were certainly my favourite
Eat Fresh
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC6 October 2017
you learn a lot when you have a store to run, and everybody is counting on you to get the stats and support. very nice environment , you need to be very polite and easy going
Good place to work with
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 October 2017
Good staff and management as well. You can learn everything because the training is good. But the hardest part if busy you are alone sometimes. But totally company is good
the most enjoyable part of the job
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Marystown, NL6 October 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was how to make the subs and how you can make them the way the costumers like them and how they make salads and you can make anything in to a meal at subway
Very rewarding career as a self employed business owner
Franchise restaurant owner/operator (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 October 2017
* Enormous responsibility overseeing food, employees and bills on a day to day basis.
* Always looking for ways to market the restaurant and hungry for more business.
Pros
Own boss
Nice workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, ON5 October 2017
I worked as a sandwich artist in subway restaurant. This is my first job since we came here in canada. They taught me how to be more confident when dealing with customers. The management there is very good, they really want to achieve their goals which is to make their customers satisfied with their visit. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, is that you make your customer happy by making their sandwiches as what they want it to be. That's the most satisfying thing a sandwich artist can have after a long day of work.
friendly workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON5 October 2017
I love to work with subway team.My co-workers were more like family members.the mostenjoyable part of the job wasintereact with different type of clients, which was awesome.
Pros
free meal
Cons
full time
good place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Primrose, ON3 October 2017
it was an expierience like any other fast food industry. loved learning the behind the scenes work of prepping and keeping customers happy. overall it was a learning curve
Was a good place to work short term
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 October 2017
Subway was very understanding of my family life and gave me perfect daytime hours so I was able to pick up my son ontime from daycare every day and spend time with him on the weekends. We always got breaks when we were supposed to, was always able to leave at the end of our shift. For the most part I enjoyed working there!
Pros
good hours, proper breaks
Cons
sometimes grumpy customers or coworkers
Ok job
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB2 October 2017
Same work every day. Management was alright, could have been more tolerant with someone having two jobs. The people I worked with were great. I loved making the perfect sandwich for someone.
decent for a starter to gain experince
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 October 2017
decent place to gain experience but no room for improvement and no real way to have flexibility because it was short-staffed. overall decent place to start for high school/ university students.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
irregular hours
Informative
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 October 2017
A typical 8 hour shift at subway consisted of getting in and making prep ensuring that we had all of the foods that were needed for the rest of the night. Then the lunch rush, to dishes, to sweeping and washing the lobby and then the back store room. The prep needed to have accurate labels and the food area to be cleaned. I learned a lot at subway, i have learned how to deal with situations that need assistance at that moment, what to do in a rush or how to act on the spot when you're the only one in the store. The hardest part was trying to work with management for hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8