Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,643 reviews matching the search
working at subway is a good experience for me.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2016
Subway is a good place to work with as we meet new people and interact with them.Moreover by working here it developed various interprsonal skills in me like my communication skills have become better than before, costumer service has developed, I have developed more patience while working with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
Very fun place
Cashier/over night (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON6 March 2017
Work place was safe and fun,Trained on cash and how to keep the work place safe for everyone. The management was good and very understanding and willing to help when needed. My favorite part about the job was being able to meet new people and be able to put a smile on their faces.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
non
Productive and Comfortable workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 October 2016
Work at subway was productive, enjoyable, comfortable, and challenging. It was challenging at first getting used to remembering the orders, the schedule, and the aura of the work place, but once I began to get the hang of things it became natural. I learned how to communicate with people better, how to manage temperature, restaurant cleanliness, stock backup, pace of service, schedule maintenance, customer service, money, and how to appropriately approach unhappy/curious customers.
Pros
free lunch, new skills, discounts
team work, funb environment
Being a Subway Store Manager I (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
Subway is a great place to work. Its a team environment which makes it a fun and productive place to work. I have learned a lot about the operation of a restaurant from the owners stand point and how to effectively resolve any issue that may arise.
Pros
free meal with shift
Cons
Productive and relatively fast paced workplace
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie18 February 2017
good starter job to gain confidence and work on communication skills. friendly employees. a chore list is given to look at to make sure you remember the things that need to be done that day..
Pros
discounts for lunch while working
Cons
very precise portions
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
Clean, fun, and friendy environment. The food is really always fresh and the amount if work to be done is reasonable. Some times the shifts are too long and the number of employees at a shift is not enough but over all its a pretty good company with high standards. As an employee I enjoy working at subway and I also enjoy eating there.
Working at Subway
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Amherstburg, ON7 February 2017
I can't say this for all Subways because I haven't worked at them all, but this is the most clean and organized one I've worked at. I enjoy working here, but I'm not getting enough hours. I need the money so I can start saving for going back to school in the fall.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Understaffed and high expectations
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON17 February 2017
worked there for three years, had a terrible relationship with the boss at my location. Company as a whole is pretty good to deal with, bad experience from an inappropriate person though.
Pros
Free food, small location
Cons
bad management, heavy work load, sky high expectations
Very welcoming company
Sandwich Artist/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, NL17 February 2017
Subway was my first job and they immediately made me feel welcome, each store i have worked at makes me feel at home. Working at subway has improved my communication skills, helped me gain confidence, independence as well as leadership skills that are irreplaceable
Workplace is good, great people to work with
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB15 February 2017
I have been there for almost 2 years and have been getting paid the same. The boss is a pig who doesn't care about his employees. I have learned to work with people of different cultures. The hours are long with little break time.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
Low pay
nice place to work and learn, but hectic sometimes.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
its a good place to work and learn, but had to work long shifts on weekends and public holidays. unsatisfied with the schedule. dealing with customers is not a problem but dealing with management is. sometimes they blame you for low sales.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
compulsory weekend shifts
Fun workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
- I open five days a week from Monday to Friday. I usually arrive work at 5:30am and I start preparing everything for lunch, it is usually busy.
- I learned how to establish a good working relationship with customers, communicate with customers, to be responsible during work, and to be organized and on time for everything.
- I work with my manager everyday, it is very fun to work with her, we do everything as a team work.
- The hardest part of working in subway is doing everything by myself, I come in the morning and start cutting vegetables, preparing meat, baking bread, changing all the containers, and cleaning.
- the most enjoyable part of subway is to interact with different customers, making customers happy with my service; that is our restaurant goal.
Pros
Polite manager, fun to work with my coworkers
Cons
No increasing salary, no benifit
Fun, Enjoy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON5 November 2016
Very Joyful, Chances to talk with new people, Chance to get fast and furious, Amazing Co workers, Superb Management.Craziest to learn about different cultures of different people. Great feeling doing serving to customers.In this way, I came to know about what is good or bad for health, Cleanliness and most common is the way of talking while serving Customers.
Pros
Free sanwiches
Cons
Far away
productive and fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 October 2016
a typical day at work consists of washing dishes, cleaning the oven, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, taking out garbage and recycling, preparing food, taking customers, cashier, counting inventory and making bread.
i learned time managment while balancing school and working this job. i learned a good work ethic i help out with more than asked for and stay late at work when needed i work hard for the money i get paid. the most enjoyble part of the job is cooking the food and socializing with different customers. my co-workers have taught me team work and sharing the tasks equally.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short shifts
Amazing place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 March 2017
Very easy job with very nice people and also they kept the store very clean , very respectful brand to work for . I learned many new things such as food handing safety , how to deal with difficult people.
Pros
Free food, very nice, very understanding
Cons
Very far away from my house
Productive and Learning New things
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Experience of working in one of the most busiest Subway in Toronto with management and leadership skills developement at every point of stage and time
Pros
Free lunch and fun to work
Cons
Work alone in the busiest store at nights, sometimes only two people working whole day with around minimum of 4000 dollars sales daily
More opportunities to deal and serve costumers
Subway Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 December 2016
Being a subway team member I learned how to manage with various jobs at the same time. It is always enjoyable to serve the customers, managing cash at counter, taking care of grocery stock left in store,cleaning and managing whole time.
Pros
good environment for work
Cons
less working hours
close to home, extremely unprofessional new owner
Cashier/Customer Service/Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2017
fired everyone who worked for the old owner
was very unprofessional towards old staff
cut all old staffs hours and gave to new staff he brought in
Pros
close to home
Cons
new owner fired all old staff, old staff stripped of hours to give to new staff
Fun place to make delicious food and become a great sandwhich artist.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
Such a great atmoshpere. Always fun and very fast paced. when it comes to either baking or making subs or just doing prep work its never boring nor feels repedative in any way.
Pros
50% off your lunches is a bonus.
Cons
not free lunches anymore. Now how to pay.
I had a nice experience with subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  White City, SK12 December 2016
This was the first job I joined in Canada so it taught me a ton of things. Even the management was really friendly. As it was my first job, the hardest part was to attend the customers. I know its funny but I totally didn't know how to handle customers. But now, I'm a pro at dealing with customers.

2.8