Subway

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Days at Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch/ dinner, happy customers, great co-workers, made friends even too! great bosses and super happy environment
Cons: not busy enough, rude customers sometimes, needed more hours to keep up with rent, i did at the time have very bad luck with my immune system shutting down on me a lot of the time.
A typical day at work at Subway was never a super dull moment, most days were long because we did not get a lot of customers coming in because at the time it was summer.
The days it was busy it would go by super fast and I highly enjoy days where its fast paced .
What I learned about working there is how to prep food and how to clean and keep the store tidy . I also learned when food would go bad and different types of formulas for sandwiches.
My co-workers and i ALWAYS got a long and we always tried to make the best of our shifts together. We all worked well together as a team and could even laugh every so often and have a good time while working. We were pretty deadly when it came to making sandwiches on the line and we had amazing team work .
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep with the cleanning and the extra cleaning . Cleaning for me is not the greatest part but I do know it needs to get done and I do my very best when it came to making sure the store is spotless.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being told by customers that they loved walking in and seeing me with a smile on my face because most other stores around never had employees really smile. Also that I have an amazing memory and I should be back in school ( I was pretty good at remembering a customers sandwich) \I was really good at this job and sometimes I do miss it but I know its time to move on and find something new!
Productive & every friendly environment working as team.
Customer Service & Sandwich Artist Pro (Former Employee), At 489 Highway 8, Stoney Creek, CanadaNovember 6, 2014
Management was great and learned a lot to manage all stuff in a store.
Productive learning on each day of job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), LASHURN, SKNovember 1, 2014
So many new experience come through daily.
Management is good and the co-workers are also co-operative and wiling to learn.
Celebrate every occasion like festival, birthdays etc.
Productive learning on each day of job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), LASHURN, SKNovember 1, 2014
So many new experience come through daily.
Celebrate every occasion like festival, birthdays etc.
managing time and speed
Team Member (Current Employee), 1833 Grant Ave. Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free meal and 50% off on certain items.
Cons: working for hours with no specific timing of break.
I opened the store on Sunday for very first time and thought that this was not going to be busy but suddenly it got got busy. We were only two new employees on the store. We were getting out of breads.Then i called my manager and he and another employee came in and helped us. I learned that time management and speed are very important at work place.
The hardest part of the job on that day was that i had to do two employee's work at the same time that is making the sandwich for employees and doing the transactions.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making sandwiches.
Very productive environment
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free sub
Cons: long hours
I would start the day by putting the chips and drinks in order and filling them up. I would then proceed to cleaning the tables followed by all the prep work of the vegetables and meats. I learned a lot about cleaning and preparing foods, and serving the customer, as well as controlling the cash. It was a cool and very down to earth management with great people. The hardest part was working during rush hour. I loved having the free sub after my shift though.
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, OnOctober 27, 2014
Best place i have worked while i was a teenage. what you learned
Great staff Great management superb understanding
Restaurant supervisor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 24, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: too much work for the amount of money you make
nice and friendly people and staff. The owner is a big guy with big heart. no stopping to apply your own skills , customer oriented company
productive
samwiche artist (Current Employee), Corunna, ONOctober 21, 2014
A typical shift would be taking costumers orders, handling cash, cleaning anything that needs to be sanitized and prepping food.
Subway
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee), Cochrane, ABOctober 21, 2014
Pros: costumers who came in loved me.
Cons: no matter how long you work, you only get a 15 minute break.
When I go into work I am always 10-15 minutes early.
I always greet my costumers because honestly how else is your day going to get better other then trying to make others days complete which I enjoy doing because it makes my day more enjoyable.
I would go into work either taking someones order or start prepping the vegetables and the cheese.Then after the lunch rush I would go clean the outside then prep everything again. The least part I like about subway was the workers and the person who owned the shop.
They treated me like I was an immigrant (probably because i am Asian) only gave me one 15 minute break a day when i was working 8-9 hours a day full time.
My mom complained so they started to give me less hours.
Day at Subway
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 20, 2014
Duties consist of receiving and handling cash payments. Serving customers with the highest quality of customer service and food quality. Was promoted to supervisor where duties consist of running a shift and crew, assigning tasks, and allowing the store to function to its full capabilities. Also was appointed the Health and Safety Representative for the store. These duties consist of doing monthly health and safety reports allowing for a safe work place for the employees. Also trained for Assistant manager. Duties consist of calculating labour cost, food cost, weekly files and paper work, calculating Pay roll, Inventory etc.
great place
Supervisor / Key Holder (Former Employee), ottawaOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: too many hours sometimes
i learned alot at subway it was a great place to work i liked doing food preperation
SUPER FUN!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 18, 2014
So much fun being a cashier! Met a lot of interesting people, my co-workers were lots of fun and easy to get along with. I got great tips and just had lots of fun!
great and learning experience
Team member at subway (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2014
It was my first job in Canada. It was fun working there. I had a great and learning experience.
sandwich maker
sandwich maker (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: 20min break with free sandwich
Cons: anything
all the business days for part time. I learned everything there like make a subs and the things before sub.
Customer Service & Midnight Shift coverage (Former Employee), Prescott, ONOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: midnight shifts
worked in groups of 3 or 2
working to get prep done and serving customers
Flexible hours, perfect control over everything
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Whitby, ONOctober 16, 2014
Everyday was interesting meeting new people and developed my customer service skills and some management skills as well.
Productive and fun to meet new and existing customers, worked as a team with all shift employees
Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long hours of standing
I have learned and built a strong personality in handling customers and employees.
Good work environment, love the co-workers, and enjoy my days at work!
Subway Artist (Current Employee), Pictou, NSOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good discount, fairness, good working environment
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work would be, go in clock in, start looking around for things you can do, such as cleaning, prep work, dishes, and waiting on customers. I've learned a lot working at Subway for the last four years. It was my first job, and I got to meet and learn everything about the job. I learned that you need to be nice to your co-workers, and the customers, you need to make sure that the customers have the best visit they can have at the store. I also learned a lot of things about food that I didn't know about. I've learned a lot from my co-workers. The hardest part about my job, would have to when it's quite and there's nothing to do! I love my job, and couldn't be happier with it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be making the customers happy, and see them leaving the store with a smile on their face!
Great training modules provided.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Omemee, ONOctober 10, 2014
Not enough hours provided. Good team members... Close to home and they make really great subs...

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more