Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,318 reviews matching the search
Was a good Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erin, ONJuly 4, 2016
It was a good job, I liked the people I worked and we always got along well, My boss was reasonable with shift changes. I learned how to deal with tuff situations better, and how to deal with customers. The hardest part would have been dealing with the rude customers. Overall it was a good experience.
Pros
Free meals when working
Comfortable work environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NSJuly 4, 2016
Over the past 3 years working at subway I have enjoyed all of it. The staff is always great and acts as a small family. We all have developed problem solving skills and increased our customer service skills. The most stressful part is with making sure everything is as it should be even when its busy, but, with the time management skills that we have learned and developed it is never too much to handle.
Subway
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaJuly 3, 2016
Loved working at Subway, as it brought me out of my shyness, and gave me so much experience in working directly with the public. Although, it's not a life-long job, and after 4 years, it gets pretty old and repetitive.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Great Work Experience
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 3, 2016
working at subway I deal with a lot of customers and that requires a lot of communication and patients, I have learned how to interact with customers, how to keep them happy so they return to our store, and how to handle difficult situations. I am very energetic and enthusiastic, always smiling no matter how the person on the other side of the counter is. The hardest part would be to deal with unhappy customers but even that can be overcome. what I enjoy most about working at subway is that all of my coworkers are friendly and I am great at what I do.
Relaxed Fast paced fun easy job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Iroquois Falls, ONJuly 2, 2016
A typical day was come in a 4:00 and make sure our fridges were stocked. Then I would make subs as they came in while making sure everything was clean and stocked.
I learned how to deal with a Bipolar manager and how to deal with some very stupid people who couldn't even comprehend the concept of a sub.
Co-workers were either teenagers or people ranging to 60. Most of the people who were stupid or unenjoyable to work with usually got fired so all the co-workers were great.
Hardest part of the job was getting people to come in when other idiots would not show up for their shift.
The most enjoyable part was definitely the co-workers but there were times you dealt with fun customers who would talk your ear off.
Pros
Easy work. Easy co-workers. Easy Boss. Easy life.
Cons
dealing with people who are not intelligent or rude.
fun loving
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCJuly 2, 2016
learned to be patient
long shifts
political atmosphere
free meal
sometimes cooperative
not tough
not fats paced but neither slow
Working for subway can be a very stressful and unappreciated workplace.
Sandwich Artist/Store Closer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 1, 2016
The job in which you are normally tasked to do involves making sandwiches for customers, which for the most part is without issue. However Subways tends to under staff at crucial times leaving the employees with a steady stream of customers to work with while having their duties to the store prevented.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage for work which deserves a slightly higher pay
badminton
Packing meat
Inventory
Sanitize work surface
Finish food items
Keep record of used food
Greetings customer in and out
Pros
free breaktime
Cons
8hours
Great co-workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 29, 2016
Enjoyed working at subways, was a wonderful experience, the only thing that was troublesome were the mistreatments after starting to work there, as well as the constant accusations. But other than that it was a good work experience due to my team members.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
No breaks
Intresting and Productive Job.
Trained Employe (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2016
It was good experience getting Trained at subway..I have learned all the required things to get a job in subway..i am confident enough now to go and work at any subway resturant in the world.
Pros
free sandwhichs
Cons
Not much busy.
Hardworking person
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 23, 2016
The company that i used to work is very busy place because its located inside of the mall.They management is quite good but sometimes they have discrimination of the employee.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
not paying the overtime hours
Subway
Sandwich Artist & Store Opener/ Closer (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJune 23, 2016
• Preparing the store by opening the facility, created and balancing cash float, prepared food based on sale volumes
• Obtained a strong knowledge of store policy and procedures
• Provided to customer service by responding to client inquiries and complaints
• Ensured timely submission of time sheet of personal time sheets and that of team
• Secured facility at end of shift
Always busy!
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Porcupine, ONJune 20, 2016
Always busy making people their breakfast, lunch and supper! From prepping the meats and veggies to bread and making them their sandwich or salad the way they want them.. making them happy is what counts! Running a restaurant isn't always easy but great staff make it better.
No fun at work at all
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 19, 2016
A lot of interaction with new people. I earned respect from my coworkers and my owner. Management is one of the toughest task to handle and i participated in the management of the organization. To be honest i did not feel any hardship at work. And lastly most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with lot of people/
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unpaid Breaks :(
Subway workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 18, 2016
What i learned is to greet people when they come in the store. Sometimes The store is not busy and what I do is just clean when it is not busy.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Behavior of customers
Enjoyable, fast paced environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 17, 2016
Duties at this job is the same as other fast food place expectations. Worked in fast paced enviorment, clean utilities Greeted and assisted customers creating a welcoming/friendly environment.
Received customers orders,prepared food/beverages according to specifications. Operated cash register; accepted/processed payments via cash and debit/credit transactions.Disinfected and sanitized kitchen work stations, public areas and washrooms
Ensured all food products were fresh and ready to serve and Prepared serving stations and replenished product. I am a team player, and am able to complete task with coworkers or independently.
subway review
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Markdale, ONJune 16, 2016
The subway I worked at I Markdale, ON was ok. needed some better management. Less drama. everyone needs to do their job correctly. For example I did the night shift and I had to do veggies and meat as the people before me should have done it before I had came into work. They would leave garbage so full that I could barely lift it out of the garbage bucket.
Subway review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 13, 2016
Very unfriendly management and ownership. Infrequent/random hours. Co-workers were friendly. Customers were friendly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No hours
Fun environment
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 13, 2016
Fun place to work in. Team members were amazing always willing to hear them and help out. Miss it there but its sold
Loved the people, hated the hours
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 12, 2016
I worked here for 7 months and it was a blast if you have the right co-workers. The one problem was a change in management and I went from have 4 shifts a week to only 1 shift a week even when i requested for more. Over all fun place to work if you have the right people.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun staff.
Cons
Not very many hours

2.8