Subway
6,375 reviews

Subway Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very little assistance, guidance from Senior Management. No opportunity for advancement due to nepotism.
Field Consultant (Former Employee), Eastern and Northern OntarioMay 14, 2014
Pros: yearly trips for convention
Cons: dealing with unprofessional attitudes from upper management
Due to nepotism, mundane tasks were not divided equally among FC's. Certain Reps were not required to maintain the same high standards as the others. This created a difficult environment to work in.
too productive
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONMay 13, 2014
nice place to work, easy atmosphere, no work pressure, still we did lot work.
Productive, professional and a good environment
Subway sandwich artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 12, 2014
- making sandwiches for costumers enjoying a good conversation with our costumers

- I've learned that costumer service is very important and to always make pour costumers happy

- The manager was fair to all staff and was fun to work with

- my co-workers were like family

- trying to not burn my self when taking the sandwich out of the oven

- being – more... part of an amazing team – less
Bad pay and no chance for growth
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Carstairs, ABMay 12, 2014
Pros: free pop
Cons: no lunches, no raises
They were good about giving me the hours I wanted but they do not offer raises and expect you to work through the day, no breaks. And you can only have one six inch sub where as most subways allow a footlong.
Overall Good
Senior Sandwich Artist Pro (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2014
A good company to start your Part time carrier. Customer Service Experience, Store Handling, Cashier, Customer feedback, Exclusive Store responsibility and management during the Shift.
Learned first time
QA Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 9, 2014
This job was my baby steps in the field of QA. I learned how the retail market works by getting to work on the software being used.
Enjoyed making wonderful sandwiches
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Nice and quick service with perfection
Play an excellent role of a sandwich artist by making sandwiches customers like the most
Productive and help to learn more professional skills
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), calgary,abMay 9, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: long hours
Enhance my personal and professional skills.• Supervise & co-ordinates activities with staff
• Establish work schedule
• Supervise and check assembly of trays
• Train staff in job duties, sanitation and job duties
• Supervise a team of seven people
• Build and maintain relationships with location managers & associates
Easy going and fun workplace
Employee (Former Employee), Havelock, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch and free dinner depends on shift
Cons: backup work
A typical day at work is depend on your shift. But usually its not to hard to work at subway and it also wonderful experience to work over there as you meet different people everyday.

From subway, I learned how to handle the customers and also how to manage your prioritize work. I learn to make sandwiches and closing and opening of restaurant.

The – more... hardest part of the job is to make a bread.

The enjoyable part of the job is that you meet a new person and share information with each other. – less
First Job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMay 5, 2014
A job is a job, and this was definitely just a job. Was never fun, the work was very boring. Management was poor, and you go no where with salary benefits or moving up in the company.
Great owners and great work environment
Manager (Former Employee), Alliston, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: management- free food, made my own schedule, everything really.
Cons: fast food, uniforms, and managment position is the highest to go.
This was one of my favourite places to work, not just because I was manager but because we were friends not just employees. We were all treated with respect and rewarded for our good work. I had to leave for college but sometimes wish I could go back if it wasn't such a drive for the pay. I would highly recommend a job there to start after school and – more... weekends. – less
Working at Subway: the pros and cons
Sandwich Artist Pro (Former Employee), Kaladar, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: great costumers, being able to train new employees, and leaning something new everyday
Cons: poor management
My typical day at subway started at 6:15am. First I would prepare things for the day and open the store. Bread, soup, cookies would be a few of the items to start. Throughout the day I would make sure that all of the necessary food was always ready to be refilled to ensure enough for the day.

I would also maintain a sanitized environment behind the – more... counter and the customer area; all to health code.

I was efficient in handling cash, debit and visa transactions. One of my responsibilities included training new employees.

The managers at subway though were not proper managers they were not following the health code and labour laws. They often would do things that If I as a costumer found out were being done would make me very uncomfortable eating the food there.

The hardest part of my job was doing as my mangers told me to when I did not agree nor feel comfortable doing.

The most enjoyable part was getting to see all the costumers everyday and all the regulars and building a rapport and knowing what they were going to order.

I also liked working with the other employees, getting to train new employees and building positive relationships. Getting to train the new employees made me feel like I was being rewarded for my job well done. – less
making people happy is number one while serving food
Subway artist (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: free drinks and 6" or 12" subs
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day at work for me at Subway Co was normally a very exciting shift. I really enjoyed my co workers and learning new things each day. One major thing I learned working with costumes is: nobody likes a negative employee your costumers always want a happy service and deserve it.
Fun place to work, lots to keep you busy
Official Subway Sandwich Artist/Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Orleans, ONMay 3, 2014
Pros: free subs
Cons: having to deal with employees that don't have a teamwork mentality.
A typical day at Subway would involve serving customers and keeping the store clean.

I learned a number of skills including customer skills, management skills, inventory management skills, and organization skills.

The management I had was always very helpful, willing to teach when needed and able to have a good time with. We usually worked side by – more... side on the line to serve customers.

The hardest part of the job was coming in to poorly run stores and having to catch up. Another difficult part of the work was when the store was way more busy than anticipated and everything all ends up hitting you at the same time.

I loved the continuous pace of the workplace. It made for quick shifts and rare days of boredom. – less
wow wo wow
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 2, 2014
Great food and great company and healthy meal all under one roof. Go try it
Excellent Experience
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chatham, ONMay 1, 2014
Learned a lot about how businesses work on many different levels.
Productive workplace , worked with enthusiasm.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Maple, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: free footlong sandwich per day.
Cons: lack of hours.
Handled routine work from cleaning to inventory and delivery of goods.
Made 3 foot Giant sub and learn party platters
Served customer with respect and honor.
good management
Customer Representative (Current Employee), king city, ONApril 30, 2014
I have learnt good management skills, how to do inventory, good customer service
productive and helpful with team members.
Manager/ Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 29, 2014
Its very easy job as a customer service, and to know about the working environment in the Canada. also get a chance to know about to deal with different types of customers.
Fun place to work, great pace!
Night-time Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch, drinks
Cons: none come to mind
Great work, easy but enjoyable. Great place to learn responsibility, urgency and customer service skills. Good team moral, everyone works together.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more