Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
monotonus work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: less hours
Great work.
awkward times
not proper schedule
Great Food services Company
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 13, 2016
Good teamwork, Great food and fresh things. great management and salary offering. Good time assignment, helpful training, Good course in University of Subway
Enhance my communications skills
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 11, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: long hours and sometimes working on holidays
-Expand my networking
- able to improve my communication skills because English is not my first language
opportunity to work with diverse employees
able to handle time management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 10, 2016
Pros: Free lunches and comfortable timings.
Cons: No future
It is good working at subway. I have been working with Subway since long, having good experience working so far. But now have to look for field job so hopefully quieting it soon.
Learned valuable on the job skills
Service Trainee (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 9, 2016
While at Subway I was responsible for the prep part of the process. I cleaned the store, prepared veggies for sandwiches. Greeted customers in a warm friendly manner.
Easy, but stressful place to work.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Lindsay, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Selfish manager
It is an easy job that I believe anyone can do. However, there is no real training provided, only videos and quizzes that you complete on your own time. This job is very much a learn as you go kind of job. They are fatherly considerate when booking time off, but will not notify you when you are not going to get specific time off, nor are you notified always when you are to take a shift. The management is not always considerate of your wellbeing or other things that could be going on in your personal life. Over all, I would not recommend anyone to apply to this Subway.
Easy fun job
Sandwich artist and cashier (Former Employee), Provost, ABMarch 8, 2016
Working at subway in high school showed me how to balance work and school while still having fun when I had time! sandwich making is a form of art!
Great first time job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Greeted and interacted with customers, prepped for the next day. Management was very lenient and helpful, very helpful for a teenager in his/her first job.
Subway is just awesome
Storefront/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Free meal with every Shift
Cons: Cutting onions
A typical work day subway included starting off the day by making a fresh pot off coffee and throwing some cookies in the oven followed by starting the daily prep (cucumbers,tomatoes,etc)
The management is phenomenal and seek answers to issues extremely fast. Id Have to say an added bonus was the little competitions to see who could make a sub the fasted. It was an amazing way to get all team members to work together while at the same time improving skills
Productive and cooperative work place with flexible schedules
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Discount employee meals, flexible schedules
Cons: opening
My manager is very flexible and co-operative in scheduling and managing the time of Subway and the employees. I am never forced to take up a shift which is difficult for me to do for example when I have school or any plans. My co-workers are also very helpful and I enjoy working with them as they are very friendly and great to have chat with during break time. There's nothing really hard about the job, it is just multiple tasks but very simple and enjoyable.
fun workplace to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Winkler, MBMarch 7, 2016
co workers were really friendly.
it was pretty much fun working there.
i have learnt working as a team member.
the most enjoyable part of the job was working at till that's what i enjoyed the most.
good work environment
Sandwich Artist/ Retail (Former Employee), Revelstoke, BCMarch 6, 2016
Make sandwiches and salads, serve customers, do nightly accounting duties. It was a great place to work, my co-workers were fun to work with.
Good place to work at, management is excellent.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 5, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: there isn't any cons
Daily prep and serving customers. Cleaning and organizing products. The management is excellent and co-workers are very nice and welcoming.
Amazing
Manager (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 4, 2016
Wonderful boss, best place to work. Very laid back and relaxed work environment. Incredible location with best service and best employees.
Subway Review
Serving Associate & Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: nothing
Great staff, great hours fun to work with there. Pay was alright for the job and the work environment was good. It was a great experience as first time job.
Productive and clean workplace with helpful acquintances
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 3, 2016
Not a suitable job for growth. i am willing to do alot of work but its boring and not a job for me. I want to have more customer relationship and conversations which i did not found in this work environment
Was always laughing and had a lot of fun working here
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 3, 2016
Pros: We would get free lunches while working, and also 50% off when we weren't working.
Cons: There were no cons.
A typical day for me working at subway was coming in signing in, and then getting right to work, cleaned my hands and started getting the vegetables ready for the day, the sauces, and baking the bread and cookies, and also soup's. I would get a few lunch bags ready for the kids, we had to put the juice boxes and napkins, and toys in the bags, Also we usually had a lot of platters that needed to be made for the day, for a sports team, or for parties. I would do the dishes and if needed would cut more veggetables up, because we were usually very busy during the day and would need a lot more done up for the evening. After the rushes I would clean up the front, get new knives for the front, and restock everything, also we would need to clean up the back, and restock the drive thru window and food. I loved working here because of the people I worked with, we were aways having fun and joking around, and if one of us were having bad day we would help each other and try and make each other laugh or even smile,we had each others backs, We all became close, and it was just a fun place to work at.
bad working conditions
Food prep (Former Employee), water street st johns nl canadaMarch 3, 2016
busy day full of prep work,serving customers,taking temperatures and taking inventory. very late and long shifts that took their toll
inefficient management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 2, 2016
worked alone for most shifts. bad management and efficiency.The hardest part was having to cover all the roles alone. Dinner rushes were overwhelming sometimes.
Very amazing company
sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Victoria, TXMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for. They value their employee's. They make it a very fun and enjoyable job to be at and want to work at. They make sure you love your job.
Headquarters