Subway
8,609 reviews

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
meet many great people
Customer service, preparation and sales (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free sub
Cons: part time
a typical day was making sure customers were satisfied with their orders and ensuring that the store would pass all food safety checks with a high degree of professionalism and care. the management was exceptional and were very helpful when customers had issues. the most enjoyable thing was making customers smile
like to talk to customer
Store Manager (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: long hours
6 or 7 days work
customer is always right
nice
fun with my team
hard part when team member don't show-up
fun time when we are so busy , i love busy lunch time
Great place to work, friendly atmosphere
Customer Service/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Worked at subway while attending college, it was close to home and great place to work, management was friendly and easy to work for.
Productive, fun, and tastey.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: endless sub combos
Cons: rude customers
A typical day at Subway does not exist. That's the first thing I learned on the job. It could be Friday night, and not a single person would walk in. Next Friday comes along, and we can't catch a break for 30 seconds. This job is a huge turn for people thinking it's easy. At my store we were constantly on our feet. Whether it was serving a customer, cleaning, or prepping for the next day, we were always busy. Nothing compares to the co-workers I had here. These people were wonderful, and so easy to get along with. There was never a fight, people covered each other with no problems when the other person was sick. The hardest part of this job though, was letting go of it. It was a wonderful job and impacted me with such a memory, that I hated to leave. The best part of the job is real easy. You work at Subway! You never have to bring a lunch! Make your own inventive sub. The possibilities are endless. I highly reccommened applying to a Subway in your area.
nice working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, BCJanuary 11, 2015
It was fun working with all the team members. Even employers were very cooperative. I enjoy doing all the paperwork and checking the quality of the food,ordering, receiving and stocking of inventory. The most important important thing is to make the sandwich in front of the customer keeping in mind the quality and freshness of the produce and the veggies.
Fast paced, and fun competitive environment
Food counter attendant/ Manager (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: good benefits, flexible hours
Cons: always filling in shifts, busy busy busy lifestyle
Great team to work with, lots always going on whether it was inshore or in the community.
Decent pay, room for advancement, awesome benefits.
Hard to not work 6 days a week tho, sometimes have to work lots of extra hours.
flexible hours for the most part.
Sandwich artist, Friendly place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free meal when working more then 4 hrs
Cons: not really any breaks.
Always meeting new people,Fast pasted always something to be doing. Always making sure everything is at top quality and to the customer's satisfaction. Very clean and family friendly
Good
Sandwich Artist / Crew (Current Employee), Halifax NSJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: free sandwich
Cons: short hours
Good working environment and its fun talking with the customer
Productive and fun working enviroment.
Food prep, making subs, baking bread and cookies (Former Employee), Lac Du Bonnet, MBJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free soda pops
Cons: pay rate
a typical day at work was plain and easy everyday, when you get better at rush hours, it makes the work easier, I would clean and get the tasks done on time, I work well under pressure. I learned how to close the store, ex.. count till/close till, count inventory, multitask with serving customers and working the tasks that need to be done. the management was good, she was nice and a good manager, the co-workers were really good, no one was bad or anything, they got things done, the hardest part of the job was the closing shift, but I knew I was learning that I was getting better at working alone when it gets busy, the most enjoyable part of the job was working for subway, and knowing that when I left subway I would have a somewhat knowledge of handling food.
Productive work place. always doing something.
CSR (Former Employee), Marmora, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Was an enjoyable job, good tranning. hardest part about the job were the people you serve on a day to day basis especially if you dont the person you are serving.
Same as the other Subway.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Wallaceburg, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Same review as the other subway. Great experience, worked lots and made good money while in school.
Horrible management skills
Food Handler/Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: my co workers
Cons: the owners
The owners were completely rude and disrespectful to all employees. If we worked over time or holidays, we never saw a cent of those days on anyones pay cheques. He would rip us off of most of our pays. Overall, a horrible work place to be in.
nice and clean work enviornment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), ottawa,ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free sandwich after 8 hours
Cons: no breaks
learned to work in teams and how to manage the store even if you are alone.
Productive Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, meeting new people, learn good customer service, learn everyday responsibilites
Cons: same thing everyday, manager isnt there at all times, sometimes boring
Great overall first job, you learn very quickly and it teaches you alot about work ethic. I enjoyed meeting lots of new people and learning what subway is all about.
was a good experience
supervisor (Former Employee), simceoJanuary 4, 2015
working everyday for good work but never appreciated also there is no scope of advancement as well as no more money .
how they management are and how they work over there
subway (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 4, 2015
i just start the work at subway i just the learned how to great customer service and make happy to people . that management was the great . He always the help the people and always give the payment on the time. hardest part of the job how to make the bread . the most enjoyable part of the job is when you make the sub .
Fun work place
#SANDWICH ARTIST (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free subs
Cons: long hours, tired legs
I like working at Subway. Although it is tired to stand 6 to 7 hours running the store esp. when it gets super busy and there is just "me" in the store. Good co-workers, good manager with his father. Free delicious sandwiches are always great and so do the cookies!
Poorly Managed, Lacked Training, Moved back to BC
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Brandon, MBDecember 23, 2014
worked there for short time. after only one shift I was in charge of closing, alone, on the friday and saturday night shifts.
Left very quickly due to how poorly run the subway was
Good first job with flexible hours.
Employee (Former Employee), Yarmouth, NSDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Great part-time job with flexible hours and an understanding manager. Easily worked around my school work/events. Provided great learning opportunities such as providing customer service and working in a fast paced environment.
Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), OakvilleDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: n/a
It was fun working for subway, there was lots of foods to try and we got one free sandwich every work day. when I worked at subway we also made cookies and I love make them because they smelled great and Loved working with customers. All of the staff was really fun and easy going. The store General Manager was always there to help out when you needed him.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more