Subway

11.2K reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun to work with however I have bigger Family now and need to find better pay to give my family decent life.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), St. Albert, ABNovember 14, 2015
Its Good. However I need to found good pay specially that I have bigger family right now. in order for me to give them decent life in the future.
great job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ajax, ONNovember 12, 2015
great work environment good people from co workers to management good shifts distributed through out the workers when asking for days off 99% of the time you'll get what you need
good place to work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Stratford, PENovember 11, 2015
The working environment in Subway is good, and co-workers are friendly. I really enjoy the working culture and supportive management.
Fun work place
Head Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 9, 2015
Pros: Discounts on food/ beverages.
Cons: Lack of caring owners.
Interact with customer everyday. Delivering healthy options to adults and kids. Seminar every year. Morning is prep, afternoon is serve customers, and evening is cleaning.
good management but did not have detail about time control
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 7, 2015
Pros: free 6-inch meal per day
Cons: long work hours
happy work with each workers, good experience and if I have chance, i will come back. However, for long work houres with little food is not enough.
okay
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2015
It was an okay place to work.

Cusomters at subway are bad and the pay bad. they want you to work hard for bad wages. This place was very fast paced
best food
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rundle, ABNovember 6, 2015
Pros: best food and cheap food
Cons: nothing
excellent place to work because i like sub a lot and want to work in subway. it is a healthy food and people likes a lot. the best thing here is sub is fresh and clean,
Learnt good communication skills
CASHIER (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
One day one customer was not happy with my services and on that day I felt really bad because this happened with me first time that someone was so rude to me, I was smiling with her though. But next day she came and apologise to me that she was angry with me because she was irritated from her own job. On that day I realised that sometimes people are not bad the circumstances are bad so we should be always poliet and humble to everyone.
The most enjoyable part was talking to people at work, they taught me really good lessons.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Fun place to work boss/co-workers were very nice. Very busy work environment always something to do. The regular customers were always nice
Awesome Work Environment
Sandwich Maker/ Closer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Making sandwiches
Cons: Worked alone
Fun work environment, working as a team, work amazing under pressure, Flexible hours, Meeting new people everyday, Learned how to strategize
It is good working because we came across many new people which helps us to understand the current thinking of people.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 2, 2015
It is really a fun working in Subway but it get tough when we have to deal with some weird customers but with the help of co workers that problem is solved. Though the salary is not too good but it is fine.
Productive and fun place to work
Front line employee to Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Free 6'' sandwiches
Cons: a lot of opportunities for injuries
Supportive management and owners. I work with a lot of fun people, hours are very flexible as well as time off. It is a very repetitive job and different tasks could be more exciting.
Fun and challenging work place.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABNovember 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Service-oriented company with good rotation when it comes to schedule that makes the work exciting and fun. Preparing fresh ingredients daily to keep the standard quality of products. Friendly and very approachable management and owner which makes it very easy to bring up any concerns with assurance that they will be attended the soonest possible time. I am really happy and proud to be a part of the team.
hard work but fun=)
Food Counter Attendant, Manager (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABOctober 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
I'm the manager now one of the Subway! I'm responsible for any kind of jobs! always ready to work any time! sometimes is not easy to deal with a customers but I always trying to find the way to be nice to people and they always be nice to you!
productive place
Welland, Team member (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: long hours
working at subway was good. Interpersonal relationships with the customers. good experience at the subway. made sandwiches, cash handling and closing of the store. all the working staff was cooperative and good.
Good place to work at
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 23, 2015
Pros: 15min breaks are paid.
Cons: standing a lot, Benefits are so minimal
There are different pros and cons of working at this place.
Too much standing, tasks become too repetitive. Co-workers are not to great but some are really good. The supervisor knows her stuff. I really like the way she handles things.
Subway enjoyed this position
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Subway, flexible hours, a lot of help. Alright pay for fast food. I wouldn't mind going back to Subway. I worked at a lot of locations for years.
Fun people to work with
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Aldergrove, BCOctober 20, 2015
I made sandwiches for customers, made sure the dishes were cleaned up in the back, re-stocked the vegetables at the front, made sure there was extras of meat, cheese, and vegetables in the back in the cooler, made the bread for the sandwiches, handled money, stocked shelves, and most importantly customer service. Management was enjoyable to work with, very flexible.
Great fast paced environment
Sandwich Artist / Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABOctober 19, 2015
It was super fast paced and thelearning curb was steep. Lots of fun though. Pay was a little lacking and there was a lot of politics going on behindthe scenes. Good summer jo though.
Fun environment to deal with public
sandwich artist (Current Employee), Carp, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Dealing with the public
Cons: very short hours
I love the interaction with the public, teammates and managers. It is a very lively and busy environment. I have learned the detailed processes behind working a subway restaurant.
Headquarters