Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,565 reviews matching the search
They are great
Team member (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 January 2017
I love working for Subway. My management is awesome I love customer service and my coworkers I have learned so much from Subway so far and am continuing to do so.
Pros
Enviorment
Cons
Food Service
Another great place to work!! I worked here for about 10 years
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 January 2017
This was a very busy location with 3-4 employees working every shift.
I did a 10 hour morning (opening) shift and time used to fly by so fast. I started off fresh, with no experience at fast food place and very little customer service experience but the staff along with the well established training procedure helped me learn things very fast.
Was good until new market manager
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 January 2017
Well things started off fine being there for many years until a new market manager made it a lot harder for employees and managers
fun place with diverse people and good people
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 January 2017
since it was in the mall it is always busy and we have to work constantly. the work place was good with kind and one of the best bosses i have ever worked with. the hardest part of the job was cleaning a load of dishes at the end of the day and the most enjoyable part was serving customers, pranking co workers and being their shift manager.
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Hagersville, ON25 January 2017
Can be stressful as any other fast food restaurant but is one of the better ones to work for! I have never had a bad manager and never hated a co-worker. They take positive steps to encourage employees to be better
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC24 January 2017
This experience gave me some skills about managing a team of young workers. It also helped me to improve my organization.
over all
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS22 January 2017
i enjoyed all jobs i worked at great staff good management
great work environment. loved location.
sometime working alone was hard but overall a good exsperience
Pros
benefits..... free food when working..at subway
Cons
working alone.....
Fun when not busy!
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydenham, ON21 January 2017
I found it to be a very self dependent job because customers rely on you to be able to provide them with good food. The management was poor and very rude and unprofessional at times.
Pros
Free 6 inch every shift
Cons
brutal management.
Fun fresh atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2017
I had a great boss while working here. I was responsible for making my team great. Busy job, lots of work to be done, but once you get used to it, its a fairly easy job. Lots to remember though, so you need a good memory
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Difficult customers
No life
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB17 January 2017
Getting called in almost everyday, even on your days off, having to take shifts from kids who have quit from being overwhelmed by lack of help and too much to do, no communication between upper management and everyone else, basically left alone most of the time till you can force yourself to quit
Pros
Free food
Cons
No help, no communication, unfriendly service, hours
Positive and fun work enviroment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wiarton, ON17 January 2017
A typical day working at subway would be making subs and preparing vegetables for the day, lots of baking and keeping the store clean. The management was very good kept everything organized. Co-workers were very positive and very fun too work with made the day better, best part of the day was working them. Ive never had a bad day working there other than some customers and one co-worker.
Pros
co-workers, positive, always something to do
Cons
Easy and good training ground store.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
Subway is my first job when I and my family came here in Canada. it is pleasant to meet different people every day, I learned a lot of things with the store, more importantly how to give your best shot in working as a team. I am glad that I worked with people who are good trainers and mentors they taught me every detail how to work and sometimes manage the store when our manager is sick. my co- workers are also nice and cooperative in our tasks, they all become my friends. the hardest part is handling people's rudeness but in most cases tolerable. I enjoyed my work because I am inspired because of my family.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
i enjoyed working there
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
i really enjoyed working at subway and was good at it. i would go back to thee in a heart beat. i have nothing bad to say. the people there treated you with resepct
Productive place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON and Windsor Ontatio16 January 2017
Subway was a very fast paced place to work. The job kept you busy and there was always things to be done. The staff were friendly as kuxh the customers and i enjoyed working there.
Busy Busy Busy but does it ever go fast
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE16 January 2017
fast paced job that serves its pros and cons.
I got good hours at my subway location and my staff were mostly all respectable and friendly
Pros
50 percent off when not working and 25 off when your working also got free pop and coffee
Cons
stay later than your original end date, covering shifts, not enough staff to work a busy day, minimum wage sucks
Best Job I've ever had
Head of Shift, sandwich artist, cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 January 2017
Amazing environment. Have worked for subway twice and would do so again. One of my favourite jobs, and great employees to work with
Pros
free sandwiches, breaks
Cons
occassioally understaffed
it was interesting
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB14 January 2017
In my opinion working at Subway was great at first because the owner was awesome to work for but after he sold the business my work place was ok but no great. I left for personal reasons. Working at Tim Horton's was a good job as well I left because I was pregnant. And as for the rest of my jobs I did my best in working there.
Pros
free meal staff was fun to work with
Cons
not enough days off and long hours
Fun yet demaning workplace.
"Sandwich Artist" (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON12 January 2017
Working at Subway allowed me to train multiple skill sets at once and allowed me to improve myself as a heir able employee.
Former Subway Employee
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
I enjoyed working at subway. I progressed really fast into a manager. It was a great experience . The environment Is fun and it was for the most part a drama free work environment. There really are a lot of behind the scenes things that you can learn. It is also very fresh, very clean, and very regulated by inspectors. Overall a good work place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inconsistent schedules
busy
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  St. Andrews, ON11 January 2017
It was good working here. Only one worker was kept for shift when not busy and two when busy. It was a busy area in Downtown. The co workers were also very friendly.

2.8