Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,642 reviews matching the search
Job Security
Shift Manager & Senior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2016
if your student subway is best place for part time work, life Balance and Job Security is best. however salary and benefits are that that great due to minimum wage.
Friendly management and flexible hours!
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 December 2016
Dealing with costumers, promoting sub specials and handling cash. Involves basic cleaning, and knowledge about safe food handling and preparation. Management is excellent, they are extremely flexible with hours, especially for students. Co-workers are friendly as well. Most enjoyable part of the job is the regular costumers who come in: always pleasant!
I enjoy working in subway.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
Working in subway is like a great experience for me. I meet different kinds of people everyday, talking to different ages and cultures and I learned a lot from them. I enjoy working with my workmates and customers but the hardest part of the job is dealing with the inconsiderate, unmannered, homeless and drunk people within the worksite.
No life
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB17 January 2017
Getting called in almost everyday, even on your days off, having to take shifts from kids who have quit from being overwhelmed by lack of help and too much to do, no communication between upper management and everyone else, basically left alone most of the time till you can force yourself to quit
Pros
Free food
Cons
No help, no communication, unfriendly service, hours
Fast pace environment, great team work and communications skills learned
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 February 2017
Working at Subway helped me improve my communication skills. I learned to deal with different types of people.Working there helped me to learn about team work and importance of team effort and management of time. I was always punctual and had good reviews from customers.
place where i can gain customer service skills.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC3 March 2017
providing good customer service is my job and to keep the place clean and doing all the necessary preparations. just want to change the job so as to gain more experience in other fields.
Pros
free meal, good customer enviorment
Cons
long hours, too much workload
Good environment to work in,cooperative team members
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Panchkula, Haryana11 November 2016
The work place is overall fun if you co-operate with your team members as per required. It is just not my or your work it is our work and that was one of the best things i liked about working in subway.Our supervisor was great no pressure on the employee no matter how busy the store used to get. Overall i have more good things to say then bad
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
long hours sometimes
Productive Workplace
TTC Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2016
Very busy day specially the weekends. I have learned the customer experience. My management and co-workers were very nice. Hardest part was to keep standing for long hours.
Workplace is good, great people to work with
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB15 February 2017
I have been there for almost 2 years and have been getting paid the same. The boss is a pig who doesn't care about his employees. I have learned to work with people of different cultures. The hours are long with little break time.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
Low pay
productive and fun workplace environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
gain knowledge regarding the importance of health nutrition and food handlind & safety which plays a key part of my work. Over all managing workflow and safety mean while. My coworkers always gave friendly and helping environment plus my best part of the job was to assist customers regarding our new promotions and menus.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
long standing job (sometimes)
Great place to work meet new people everyday
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stroud, ON5 March 2017
Enjoy working here. But need to better my life and make more money for my families future. All the staff and management are very pleasant to work with.
Pros
Meet new people everyday
Cons
Not enough hours
fun workplace
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ON22 March 2017
i had fun at this location while i was there ive learned alot from other co workwers critical thinking on the go just fun at work all the time thank you subway was a great experience i would work here again its a great atmosphere to work in
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Positive and fast paced environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2017
I believe that Subway is a great corporation and is a good choice for someone searching for their first job. A typical day at work involves food prep, cleaning, and serving customers. Ensuring that the front line is full of food and the bread cabinet is well stocked for the next shift. Always making the restaurant look clean and presentable. Late night shifts required more cleaning than shifts earlier in the day. The management at my store is good and professional. At my location, there is usually only one employee per shift. I find that the most challenging part of the job is balancing food prep with serving customers while working alone. Sometimes it is stressful to make sure you won't run out of food when there is a line up of customers, since you need to put them first, so food prep has to wait. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was having fun baking bread and cookies. While working at Subway, I learned; how to work well with the public and ensure that the customers have a positive experience, how to bake cookies and bread, and how to properly sanitize and clean while following safety regulations. Overall, Subway is a positive working environment and I gained more responsibility. I definitely recommend this job to anyone searching for either their first job or a new positive and fast paced environment.
I had a nice experience with subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  White City, SK12 December 2016
This was the first job I joined in Canada so it taught me a ton of things. Even the management was really friendly. As it was my first job, the hardest part was to attend the customers. I know its funny but I totally didn't know how to handle customers. But now, I'm a pro at dealing with customers.
working at subway is a good experience for me.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2016
Subway is a good place to work with as we meet new people and interact with them.Moreover by working here it developed various interprsonal skills in me like my communication skills have become better than before, costumer service has developed, I have developed more patience while working with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
Understaffed and high expectations
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON17 February 2017
worked there for three years, had a terrible relationship with the boss at my location. Company as a whole is pretty good to deal with, bad experience from an inappropriate person though.
Pros
Free food, small location
Cons
bad management, heavy work load, sky high expectations
nice place to work and learn, but hectic sometimes.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
its a good place to work and learn, but had to work long shifts on weekends and public holidays. unsatisfied with the schedule. dealing with customers is not a problem but dealing with management is. sometimes they blame you for low sales.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
compulsory weekend shifts
Fun place to work at, Very easy going
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Listowel, ON25 November 2016
The management at subway is very professional and easy to get along with. My co-workers are very easy going and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with customers
Pros
Very easy to get time off
Cons
Works alone on busy nights sometimes
Unrewarding
Sandwich Artist (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, AB3 June 2016
- Hard company to work for.
- Never recognized as a valued employee.
- My coworkers were great for the most part. As with every job there were hard days.
- Hardest part of the job was being told I was never doing good enough. Never getting a raise after the years I was there. I worked there for many years on and off.
- I loved talking with the customers and coworkers that I worked with. Developing the relationship I had with everyone was amazing.
Pros
coworkers, customers
Cons
no raises, certain coworkers getting special treatment
close to home, extremely unprofessional new owner
Cashier/Customer Service/Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2017
fired everyone who worked for the old owner
was very unprofessional towards old staff
cut all old staffs hours and gave to new staff he brought in
Pros
close to home
Cons
new owner fired all old staff, old staff stripped of hours to give to new staff

2.8