Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,484 reviews matching the search
First time direct interaction with customers.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 November 2016
It was really fun to make sandwiches with help of customers. I just had to satisfy customers to get them their great sandwich. Staff was co-operative and nice in behavior too. I was interacting customers directly for first time in Canada. It was good experience though.
was fun to work for the company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 August 2016
I worked all shifts . Nights you had to do all the prep for the next day you also had to bake bread ,cookies ,put the delivery away. Days you had to bake bread ,cookies make sure the line is full and have enough prep till the next shift comes in, clean the dining room. afternoon. make sure that the inventory is done and the orders are done for the delivery as well as sever customers .

the hardest part of the job was you were working by yourself so if u had to go to the bathroom u had to lock the door or take the chance in between customers
Pros
free food
Cons
working by yourself
close to home, extremely unprofessional new owner
Cashier/Customer Service/Prep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 January 2017
fired everyone who worked for the old owner
was very unprofessional towards old staff
cut all old staffs hours and gave to new staff he brought in
Pros
close to home
Cons
new owner fired all old staff, old staff stripped of hours to give to new staff
Fun place to make delicious food and become a great sandwhich artist.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
Such a great atmoshpere. Always fun and very fast paced. when it comes to either baking or making subs or just doing prep work its never boring nor feels repedative in any way.
Pros
50% off your lunches is a bonus.
Cons
not free lunches anymore. Now how to pay.
productive job
Customer Service (PT) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 October 2016
I learned about making subway meals, keeping the restaurant clean and performing cashier duties. I used to have heavy rush of customers around 1 to 2 PM due to lunch break. And my co-workers were really nice and helpful. I mostly enjoyed the part of interacting with customers, to see them satisfy with my service.
It's alright
Sandwich artist/key-holder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 December 2016
I loved baking bread in the morning, prep work wasn't too extensive. I worked for a franchise and the owners weren't the brightest, but that's not anything to base your decision on. Subway has a very structured work-flow. It's nice to know what's expected of you, and the food was tasty.
Allowed me to expand my skills while enjoying the workplace.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 August 2016
On a daily basis, I do all the prep work that is required. I prepare sandwiches for customers. Also, I make schedules, put out the delivery order, send reports to Head Office. I ensure the store is running smoothly and nothing is lacking. I often deal with complaints and solve any issue using interpersonal skills. I train all new workers and maintain positive relationships with my coworkers. Working for Subway for all these years allowed me to manage my time well, be responsible and patient.
Fun place to work at, Very easy going
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Listowel, ON25 November 2016
The management at subway is very professional and easy to get along with. My co-workers are very easy going and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with customers
Pros
Very easy to get time off
Cons
Works alone on busy nights sometimes
Productive workplace, with occasional fun.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Subway Greenbank19 August 2016
A Subways success is determined by the management team, and how the employees are shaped, trained, and taught to perfect subway standard. i learned to do cleaning, and food preparation tasks, to subway standard in a timely manner. Co-workers are always communicating to get closing procedures done, or shortening long lines.
Pros
50% off all food, free fountain drinks
For students
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON8 January 2017
Great part-time job as a student. You serve costumers and finish chores during your shift. I learned that you have to be really patient and understanding when interacting with rude customers. The management was simple just follow the rules and you won't get in trouble.
very short work history here
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 December 2016
Its a great starter job for young people going to school. Closing shift is the hardest and and least recognized shift as theres so much to do and you're usually alone and still have to deal with customers while doing prep and everything else necessary.
really good place and enjoyed working with co-workers
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON24 September 2016
Subway was my second place where I worked. I really love woring with my Co-working as they are really very friendly with good and positive attitude. Great working experience.
Pros
free lunch, friendly co-workers, good and positive attitude, really very fast service
Cons
no cons at all
It's a fun place to work with great people
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  South Porcupine, ON28 September 2016
The hardest part of my job, I find is to keep up with a the new things. I love the fact that you gotta memorize a few subs combinations and that we are always making subs or making sure your store is very clean so costumers may come again. I love my co-wokers, they are fun to work with even on a bad day.
Productive and learing experience to Work with Co-workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
Usually I prefered closing shifts. I have learned making breads, food handling and serving customers with their needs according to standard methods and also with fast pace of environment. I got good support from my co-workers.
positive work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 December 2016
taking care of customer's needs, serving them the best meal for the day
inventory, customer service, management
updating system paperwork everyday
great co-workers
dealing with the redneck customers
dealing with regular customers
Pros
regular shifts
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and good work environment with an ample of opportunities to learn food and safety
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2016
Subway Sandwiches is one of the best restaurant worldwide. I learned basic duties such as preparation of products, handling cash serving customers and how to maintain food and safety.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
It's a great place to work except for lack of decent management
Customer Service Rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stewiacke, NS3 August 2016
The days vary at subway, it can be very busy or not at all. I have learned how to do all kinds of food preparation and customer service tips. The management is not very good, but the co-workers are good. The hardest part of the job is to keep everything in order. But the most enjoyable thing is getting to deal hands on with the customers and having a great team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Manager, lack of guidence
Fun Workplace and Disciplined Mangement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chemainus, BC2 August 2016
In last five years by working at subway, i have learned and improved my computer skills, friendly customer service, leadership skills, communications skills, team work and so on. I have been giving the best out of me to Subway because of disciplined, motivational, and Cherished management. The only hardest part of the job is that you don't paid enough for all your hard work. So all in all it is such a great experience to work at Subway.
Pros
Brings the best out of you
Cons
Not Enough pay
Nice work environment where i can absorb culture as well as working method
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2017
Working with the crew members helped me to manage multiple tasks and helped to improve my communication skills as well as helped me to organize tasks as per the scheduled time.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
It was a good job but could have been better
Cleaner, Cashier, food preparations, food handling (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 January 2017
A typical day at work would be going in cleaning sub making table, clean utensils and containers that held food. Any customer that arrived to order a sub, first thing I would do is stop anything I'm doing, wash my hands, put clean gloves on and take the customers order.
I learned how to build subs in correct orders and how to make the bread for subs.
I didn't get to work with my co-workers so often due to shift work being alone, so don't have comment on that.
The hardest part of the job would be working alone for 8 to 10 hours shifts when it's really busy and you don't have an extra helping hands to get the lineup of customers take their orders faster.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be making the cookies and providing a good meal to my customers and making sure they get what they want.
Pros
Helping customers get what they want and providing a good meal/snack
Cons
Long hours by yourself when it gets really busy

2.8