Subway Employee Reviews

It's not worth to work as full time.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
The subway I worked at does not pay your overtime hours, instead they just add it to your next salary. They need to construct a proper break for employees, unlike giving you 15 minute break for 7 hour shift. There are so many room for improvement to the management.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
Subway Sandwich Artist/Evening Manager (Former Employee) –  Manitoba25 September 2017
Overall pretty good job! Just hard to balance life with it. You can learn lots of practical things about cash and inventory. As well as customer service. Satisfying when you get good at it. Definitely better when you work as a team with co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, free lunch
Cons
Late shifts, picky customer
Fun place to work
Food Handler/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 September 2017
I worked here for long because it was easy work, but I also met so many people along the way. I didn't really work for good people but I worked with amazing ones.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad management
a very tiring place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 September 2017
a very demanding management.
long hours shift.
too demanding customer.
you need to work as fast as you can.
you cannot have your break on time.
sometimes you work alone.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no designated time for break
The manager sucks.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 September 2017
The manager is rude. I already told her that I can't come on certain days but the manager did not listen. You don't learn everything and you will feel stupid.
Friendly co-workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 September 2017
Fun place to work at especially when you're working with your friends. I opened and closed the store when I worked here. Some days are tough when you're working by yourself but I did enjoy my time here.
Pros
Free sandwich
Cons
Rude customers
It really made me gain a lot of experience and I loved the atmosphere.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2017
Working at a high pace made me more productive and it taught me how to manage my time more efficiently. The hours were flexible so it was easy to manage it while being in high school. It was a really good first real job!
A day
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 September 2017
Good luck, owner doesn't care about the workers as much, its hard working alone because your can be scard, theres no breaks of your alone the only good thing was free food given to workers.
working in Subway
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL21 September 2017
Subway is a good workplace to learn how to be quick and give good customer service at the same time. I had excellent management that I worked with to make the workplace better for all of our team. I enjoyed working there because it was like a family, everyone was looking after each other & everyone is concerned about each others.
Great opportunity to learn costumer service
cashier, sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Tantallon, NS20 September 2017
Subway was a great way to learn how to work with other, gain costumer service, how to stay calm when things get busy and how to be a overall good worker.
Depends on managment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 September 2017
It really depends on the manager. I have worked with awful managers before that made me come to work when had a high fever so she could leave early, yell at new employees for making mistakes when she would just expect them to know what to do without training them, and worse. I have heard many similar stories from other people who have worked at Subways. The last Subway I worked at was the complete opposite of that where everyone looked out for each other and covered what others missed. Like I said though, it really depends on the management.
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
no scheduled breaks (just eat between customers)
good
Cashier/sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 September 2017
it was a great experience to be a part of subway.
the manager was very good and she was very polite and friendly with every worker and I enjoy a lot during my job
It was good to work in subway
Manager at subway (Former Employee) –  1100 walkerline l7m2g320 September 2017
I liked work in subway . It was great time with team members and owner. They remember me for hall life because of my kindness and fun with them . Thanks to them .
Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC19 September 2017
The bread wasn't soft enough. It should have had a more inclusive community environment; and the pay was not suitable for my liking either. This location needs to be upgraded.
co workers are nice but no benefits
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 September 2017
the work culture is fine.. co workers and employer is good..but pay is minimum and no additional benefits like those given by brands like Starbucks and most of other of them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
less pay..no benefits
The company as a whole was alright
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON19 September 2017
As a whole the company and what it offered was great the only issues lied in the fact that the students hired were not efficient and showed very poor work ethics
Pros
free food
Cons
worked with students
Very immature staff, okay first job
Junior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 September 2017
The staff there was very interesting, however they didn't really take their jobs seriously enough. They occasionally had food fights and would goof off or takes lunch breaks when they shouldn't have. The food there because of this was always just mediocre. There was a few good staff members there though who knew what they were doing. They were the ones who trained you.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Immature lower staff
Productive work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2017
The hardest part of working at subway was dealing with co-workers who cared less about their job, a typical day working at subway was handling over 60 customers a day.
It was really fun working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hazelton, BC18 September 2017
I would recommend working here its really good job I would recommend this job to anyone who's looking for a job it's a really fun workspace Co workers are really nice
working at subway
Counter Helper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Subway is a good workplace to learn how to be quick and give good customer service at the same time. I had good management that I worked with to make the workplace better for all of our team. I enjoyed working there because it was like a big family, everyone was looking after each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8