Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,419 reviews matching the search
very productive and friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
i was working there for few months, co-worker and the other staffs are friendly. the only thing i do not like is the smell in the company.
i have gained a good experience there
easy and fun
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB10 November 2016
easy and fun workplace and we have team work. the most enjoyable part of the job is to serving costumers give what they want withsmile. management is great we're like a family here/
Pros
free lunch
Cons
7-8hours/day
Not bad
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
It isn't bad job, but it can't be promoted.
A lot of work but less wages.
For me it is good for practice English.
However, I enjoyed working there with good companies.
good place to learn customer service
Sandwich Artist/Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
You learn how to make various delicious sandwiches and interact with different customers. How to handle till and payments made by customers.
Great company
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 November 2016
I got lucky with good management team and excellent co workers. Great place to work and I learned a lot of fast pace techniques to keep he prepared for other positions.
Senior Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  508 portage avenue7 November 2016
Supervised staff while ensuring the restaurant was clean and run properly.

I have trained many staff for many didn't procedures.
Everyday is different
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
As a sandwich artist one has to be able to deal with customers in a friendly and orderly fashion. one important skill learnt well as a sandwich artist was Conflict resolution because everyday you get to deal with different people.
Fun, Enjoy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON5 November 2016
Very Joyful, Chances to talk with new people, Chance to get fast and furious, Amazing Co workers, Superb Management.Craziest to learn about different cultures of different people. Great feeling doing serving to customers.In this way, I came to know about what is good or bad for health, Cleanliness and most common is the way of talking while serving Customers.
Pros
Free sanwiches
Cons
Far away
Made Subs for custumers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON3 November 2016
I had to make food preparations for the subs. I had to make sure that everything was clean and well organized. I looked after the inventory and placed orders when needed.
Pros
Free subs
Cons
Minimum wage
not pleasant
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 November 2016
The owners of this subway own about 12, they are very a couple who plays themselves against each other and employees. The wife is ok, but the husband is not.
Productive and Comfortable workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 October 2016
Work at subway was productive, enjoyable, comfortable, and challenging. It was challenging at first getting used to remembering the orders, the schedule, and the aura of the work place, but once I began to get the hang of things it became natural. I learned how to communicate with people better, how to manage temperature, restaurant cleanliness, stock backup, pace of service, schedule maintenance, customer service, money, and how to appropriately approach unhappy/curious customers.
Pros
free lunch, new skills, discounts
Not fun
Subway Artist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 October 2016
If you are not working with people that has similar interest as you, it tends to get very boring really fast. All you do is work non-stop, no social life while working.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small hours
Its ok i guess
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
I've worked for Subway on and off throughout my life and it's a great place to work for people looking to gain experience in customer service. The work itself is pretty easy so perfect for students looking for part time work.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and Enjoyable Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON25 October 2016
a typical day of work was getting prepared for busy lunch rushes, and working well together as a team and making sure the job gets done.

The management was amazing, I had an amazing Manager, General Manager, and great owners. They were always there to help make your shift a lot better and always providing things you can work on and what you do amazing on. They were the best managers I could ever have.

I learned so much customer service experience with Subway, it's taught me how to respond to customers in a calm or a moment where you want to get mad but hold it together. It taught me the basic needs of interaction and how to interact with people

My co workers are AMAZING. There was never a time I never wanted to work with any of my co workers. Of course we had fun with our job, but we also got the job done and had fun getting the work done and making our managers even more happy with us.

The hardest part about my job sometimes was how busy it got, running out of certain products or dealing with upset customers. Which I will admit was frustrating a lot but there was always a positive to a negative, or a back up plan. We always found a way to make our customers happy and making sure they left with a smile on their face.

The best part of my job was meeting new people daily and getting to know them. They would become regulars and I would automatically know what they wanted on their subs or what kind they were getting in general. It was sooooo much fun being able to enjoy my job and get to know customers as well. Your there to do your job, and get the job done BUT
  more... it also is nice to make it a comfortable place for customers who have a reason to come because it welcomes them there and thats what we truly want to make them feel like. That we can have new regular customers come and enjoy it as much as we do  less
Pros
making new friends in the workplace, getting better with the job daily, and 50% of lunches
Cons
long lunch hours, or slow days :(
Strict working environment with low wages
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 October 2016
Everything was done by the books wages were low and no benefits. Good food was often wasted the manager was the opposite of understanding. Staff were treated like children.
Pros
20% discount once a day
Cons
Full price for beverages
Fun place to work
slow winter season
enjoyable
productive and fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 October 2016
a typical day at work consists of washing dishes, cleaning the oven, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, taking out garbage and recycling, preparing food, taking customers, cashier, counting inventory and making bread.
i learned time managment while balancing school and working this job. i learned a good work ethic i help out with more than asked for and stay late at work when needed i work hard for the money i get paid. the most enjoyble part of the job is cooking the food and socializing with different customers. my co-workers have taught me team work and sharing the tasks equally.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short shifts
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 October 2016
Great management, great staff, great workplace. Very flexible with hours especially while studying on school. plenty of support from upper management
Very busy place
Customer Service, Food Server (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON19 October 2016
A very busy day, I have learn to get the customers in and out with great customer services.Management is ok, co-workers ok young to work better for store task to flows well and smooth.
Pros
Times goes fast
Cons
Not enough hours and Wages to low.
Growth Oriented fun Loving Work Place
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 October 2016
Good Place to start your carrier, Subway teach`s lot basics.
What I did learn was how to solve problems on my own, how to work more efficiently as a team, time-management and some paperwork skills.

2.8