Subway Employee Reviews

Fun, positive work environment
Sandwich maker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC13 November 2017
Walking into work at Subway is a very happy positive time for me in the day. Wether its an opening shift, mid-shift or closing shift. I enjoy making sandwiches and learning new responsibilities, and new techniques for a more productive, and efficient work environment.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short staff at times
Poor Management
Jr Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 November 2017
I cannot say that all Subways are like this, but the Subway I was employed at had the most immature manager I have worked with. She would use favoritism to either allow you to gain more hours, and if you fell out of favor with her personally, she would cut your hours back to almost nothing.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Manager/Work envirnoment
Subway
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK12 November 2017
while working at subway, there was constant smoking and terrible instructional directions on what to do and how to do it. I found myself constantly looking for a person to show me how to do the job correctly and efficiently, but never got the right person.
Cons
not a lot of hours, trying to work around life FOR work
first management job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 November 2017
This is where I began my management experience. I learned how to talk to employees in a way they would best listen and learn from me. Also how I would learn to control food and labour costs.
happy workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  800-13850 Steeles Ave, Georgetown ON L7G 0J110 November 2017
was a team work who prepared orders on time and every friendly with customers, make them feel welcome. All workers are very cooperative with each other
Fun workplace
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Stony Mountain, MB10 November 2017
This is a job for the individuals who don't mind working alone for long periods of time. You will have to look around for something else to do during times when you have no customers.
Pros
Free Sandwiches
Cons
Boring during later hours
Ok
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2017
Boss was very naggy, I ran store, his wife was nice, co workers were okay clean and bright, friendly customers was an okay place to work not bad not bad
Awesome job
Store Supervisor/manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 November 2017
Feels fantastic in working. Its just the pay is less. No work pressure.
want to explore new opportunity in life and move ahead.

Life is always challenging and hard to work in low wage. I have so many hopes for my future kids.

I want to work hard and keep fulfill the need and keep them happy.
Pros
Less pressure
Cons
low wage
No communication
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Dauphin, MB8 November 2017
Would not work here again at this location but if it was another location then I would probably apply for the job not all places are the same, this was not for me.
cashier/sandwich maker/clear
Sandwich maker/Cleaner/Casher (Former Employee) –  po8 November 2017
i love the communication with the co works and the boss working together to solve a problem i did not like that works some time would not come in and would not call
Pros
free luch
Cons
to much over time

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
Okay
Employee (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2017
Subway was a basic fast food resturant. Making Subs and the care of the product was as expected. Management was nice but seemed very unorganized and that made each location unorganized. Scheduel was always a mess or constantly changed.
Pay and co-workers were nice and made this unsecure job seem tolerable.
Pros
50% off product
Cons
unknown or extended hours
very productive and great people to meet
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ponoka, AB6 November 2017
Great people to work with, and work there long enough they become your family. Hardest part of the job is probably when there is a big a rush and you and your co workers try to get along and work through it but at the end we just laugh it out.
Pros
Free food while working
Cons
Payment wasn't so great after working there for 3 years
Subway
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 November 2017
When I would arrive their I would start by check the breads and how much of the supplies left. once I was done checking all the supplies I would stand by the order station to help create the subs for the customers. I learned patience and confidence working at subway. I would usually get my break around 2 hours after I started. I would enjoy making subs for myself and putting everything I feel like on the sub. the hardest part of the job was cleaning and scrubbing everything once we were done.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Far away
loved working at subway
artist (Former Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC5 November 2017
i loved working at subway,people may think its just subway, but really its not. it was a home away from home. opening the store and closing, training people, prep, cleaning , and serving customers was very tricky at first. but it was my home and i loved being around people making new friends and making the customers happy.
This is one of the best places I have worked I enjoyed the people the culutre and the move fast mentality. I am sad I ever left and think they are doi
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2017
This is one of the best places I have worked I enjoyed the people the culture and the move fast mentality. I am sad I ever left and think they are doing big things and moving in the right direction,
Fun, made new friends
Sandwich maker, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 November 2017
The experience I had at subway was a fun and very busy one. There was always something to do and talk to.This job also helped me learn about a big chain business.
Pros
new friends
Cons
travel distance
Only Work Here if you Hate Yourself
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 November 2017
Management doesn't train each employee with consistency. Half the employee's don't give a gosh darn rootin' toot and don't do their jobs, so you're left to pick up the slack. No opportunity for advancement unless you want to become assistant manager and be on-call on weekends for an extra 50 cents per hour. No discounts.
Pros
You can be high as a kite
Cons
You'll have suicidal tendencies
lot of work
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON2 November 2017
I work alone in overnight shifts and sometimes it gets too busy specially on Friday night. Along with serving customers I have a long list of work to do in kitchen which I always completed and never get any complain for any wrong thing. My manager appreciate my work almost all the time.
1st job in canada
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK2 November 2017
this is 1st job in canada of course feel nervous worries to how to assist the customer and how to handle other people. latter on i am a confident of my self.
A Great Starting Opportunity
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
Subway is a great place to work if you're just starting out and are looking for experience. There are some opportunities for advancement if you're great at your job and motivated to do extra.
Pros
Free lunch; fun environment; great customers
Cons
Terrible pay; poor work/life balance; not much flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8