Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,297 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Commis, caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 20, 2016
The only reason I quit that part-time job was because I found a slightly better one. Working there was one of my best experiences so far. The management wasn't great at times since the owner changed and acquired more restaurants during the 2 years I was there. When they set up new rules and really planned to change the way the restaurants were run, the management was great, overall they took care of their employees.
New co-workers were hard to handle sometimes since most had never worked there, but they got the hang of it quickly.
I had fun training new employees in different places for a few months.
I learned to deal with people while I worked at Subway. I learned not to let people get to you when you work personally with customers.
For my second year at Subway I worked mostly alone during the weekend so it was fun having to manage the place alone. I learned to organise myself according to my customers needs and to manage my time when no one is there to watch over you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very demanding
Fun Workplace and Disciplined Mangement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chemainus, BCAugust 2, 2016
In last five years by working at subway, i have learned and improved my computer skills, friendly customer service, leadership skills, communications skills, team work and so on. I have been giving the best out of me to Subway because of disciplined, motivational, and Cherished management. The only hardest part of the job is that you don't paid enough for all your hard work. So all in all it is such a great experience to work at Subway.
Pros
Brings the best out of you
Cons
Not Enough pay
Positive work environment
Night Shift Supervisor/ Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Being a night shift supervisor, I worked with others as well as independently. While the others were there it was my job to supervise them as well as completing my own tasks and serving customers. I got along with all of my co-workers and it was a very positive work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interact with others in the community.
Pros
Free lunches and friendly co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
Unrewarding
Sandwich Artist (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, ABJune 3, 2016
- Hard company to work for.
- Never recognized as a valued employee.
- My coworkers were great for the most part. As with every job there were hard days.
- Hardest part of the job was being told I was never doing good enough. Never getting a raise after the years I was there. I worked there for many years on and off.
- I loved talking with the customers and coworkers that I worked with. Developing the relationship I had with everyone was amazing.
Pros
coworkers, customers
Cons
no raises, certain coworkers getting special treatment
loved the staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 7, 2016
i loved the staff i worked with, it was always a fun environment but was very fast paced and were under staffed slightly.
a day would be very busy sometime with only one person working, i learned to work very fast but it was very stressful, the manager was okay but would not always scheduled people in the times they were available. the on thing i loved about this job was the people i got to work with, they were friendly and caring
Pros
free lunch with every shift
Cons
long hours with little breaks
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Brooks, ABMarch 18, 2016
management gives shifts to people who waste their money on drinking and partying when they should be giving them to people who need the shifts and are using their money for productive things like rent and bills.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
great first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 30, 2016
great environment to work in. Worked at many locations white oaks, downtown,Lambeth. co workers were great. learnt the basic necessities on having a job, for example time management, and also teamwork.
productive and a nice place to work
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Hinton, ABMay 13, 2016
though its always busy every one managed to smile ,greeting customers and give the best to serve them,every body is cooperative and willing to help each other.in this job i enhance my flexibility,good customer service and supervisory skills.its really enjoyable working here especially when it gets really busy and things are done because everybody cooperate.i also learned how to prepare foods and baking bread,worked in a fast paced environment and my communication skills enhanced too.
Busy but Fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2016
Effective management
Best and helpful co-worker
Excellent customer service
Handling long line of customer individually is hardest and enjoyable part that boost the confidence of "can do" attitude
Pros
free lunch
It's a great place to work except for lack of decent management
Customer Service Rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stewiacke, NSAugust 3, 2016
The days vary at subway, it can be very busy or not at all. I have learned how to do all kinds of food preparation and customer service tips. The management is not very good, but the co-workers are good. The hardest part of the job is to keep everything in order. But the most enjoyable thing is getting to deal hands on with the customers and having a great team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Manager, lack of guidence
Working for subway can be a very stressful and unappreciated workplace.
Sandwich Artist/Store Closer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 1, 2016
The job in which you are normally tasked to do involves making sandwiches for customers, which for the most part is without issue. However Subways tends to under staff at crucial times leaving the employees with a steady stream of customers to work with while having their duties to the store prevented.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage for work which deserves a slightly higher pay
Bad Management, Lack of help
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NBApril 23, 2016
Working there from the beginning I was left alone, and had to learn everything on my own, the manager and other workers acted like they had other places to be and this was daily, most of the time you were left to wait on customers by yourself and had lack of help from your ''coworkers''. So many people come and go so you see new faces every week to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a free sub and taking a break from doing everything feeling exhausted.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, No help, Being left alone for hours, Lack of communication
Sandwich artist: includes all the preparations
Team member (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ONMarch 30, 2016
Subway included a lot of time slicing and preparing all of the veggies, meats, sauces, bread and cookies. I learned to be accountable to all of the food safety measures and to all of the wishes of the costumer, because the meal was prepared in front of the costumer. There was a great team spirit, because all of the tasks were divided into stations and each station had a different employee. The hardest part was not always having the desired ingredients that the costumer wanted. The most enjoyable part was all of our regular costumers and getting to know them.
Pros
Free sandwhich
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor management at my location
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2016
My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with, and made my time at Subway somewhat enjoyable. The management on the other hand was almost non-existent in the fact that the head manager didn't interfere in inappropriate assistant manager behavior, causing the employees to have to perform extra duties they are not responsible for. Other poor management, the store was well cleaned and well maintained.
it was a good beginner job
Customer service reapresentative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 2, 2016
working at subway was a good beginner job .there were no benefits long hours with minimal breaks .best part of my job was getting to interact with the customers and my co -workers .Management was iffy .manager never listened to employees and what hours they could work always did what was beneficial to her and assistant manager.
Pros
great way to get experience, made new friends and learned how to interact with customer from all different walks of life
Cons
long hours not many breaks and no free food
Good co-workers, grueling job
Sandwich Artist® (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Tight hours without too much leeway unless a lot of seniority, a lot of things to be done against clock that depends on customers. I was the closer, so a lot of this depends on evening workers, which were nice to work with, but slack off. There are no assistant managers, manager only highers for frontline service position and pay. No benefits. Hard to balance demand of shifts with school due to turnover rate of fellow co-workers,
Pros
Spare time at end during slow days
Cons
Late customers and those that are rude or order for groups
Good work place
preparing food and customer service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 4, 2016
I learnt there lots of thing good behavior,respect other co-worker, hard work, enjoy work etc.
My all co-worker very cooperative with each other.
All management very cooperative and good behavior with worker.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short hours
Comfortable work environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NSJuly 4, 2016
Over the past 3 years working at subway I have enjoyed all of it. The staff is always great and acts as a small family. We all have developed problem solving skills and increased our customer service skills. The most stressful part is with making sure everything is as it should be even when its busy, but, with the time management skills that we have learned and developed it is never too much to handle.
Poor managment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 20, 2016
Unfortunately the subway that I worked at had poor management. Little to none hours
Managers did not know how to handle situations of any kind
Pros
free food
Cons
No hours
compassionate company
sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BCMarch 23, 2016
cares and accommodate's their employees as well has a good relationship with their customers. management is wonderful and understanding open mined. easy fast paced work environment
Pros
free lunches
Cons
is none.

2.8