Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,865 reviews matching the search
Best area to get knowledge and for confidence
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2017
It was my first job. I learnt many things. For instance , communication skills, culinary skills, personal hygiene, meal preparation, team work, cashier job. Thank you
good place and enjoyable
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2017
If you are manager you got bonuses and a company car depending what group you work for as well as health benefits.There is a good chance for advancement if you are willing.
Pros
free luch to workers and there are various advancements if you willing and one can get extra bonuses
Good environment
Cashier and worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2017
working at subway is a good experience.Moreover they do not give fix schedule to the employee that affect their part time work and daily schedule.they should have given fix hours and shift timing to the employee.
Pros
free lunches and not tiring
Cons
less salary
Environnement productif
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Sorel-Tracy, QC1 June 2017
Nos journées de travail étaient centrées uniquement sur le service à la clientèle. Nous devions nous assurer du bon service, de la propreté ainsi que d'offrir des aliments de bonne qualité. La satisfaction des clients était notre priorités numéro 1.
Pros
Repas réduits
Équipe dynamique, le seul problème est le constant changement de gérant.
Jounalié (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC30 May 2017
Tous le monde savait ce qu'il devait faire et le fessait. Un gros problème durant mes années de service, le manque de Gérance; en 3 ans nous avons eu 4 patron.
very good place to work good management and work inviroment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 May 2017
Subway is a great place to work, the management is very good and they work around your schedule. The job is fun and always keeps you on your toes. Especially if your looking for a good first job or a job during school this is an amazing place to work.
très bonne endroit
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Maniwaki, QC30 May 2017
ses un endroit ou on est bien très chaleureux souriant
No fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 May 2017
I worked full time all days some days they give me off. I learned many tbings . I knew no how to use cashier very well . and I gained really good experience like how to speak with people from different cultures.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Can meet all kind of people
Manager/Owner (Current Employee) –  Fort Macleod, AB29 May 2017
Weekends are always busiest time.I learned a lot about the food culture and also how to manage the demanding customers . I have been doing all the paper work , scheduling, making payrolls, taking decisions regarding the business , etc.as a part of my job. hardest part of the job is when you have customers both inside and at drive thru , situation at that time is little complicated, but is handleable. i enjoy talking to the customers and taking the reviews ,like how they find the service.
Pros
you can learn to manage things in very little time.
Cramped and Smells bad
Sandwich Artist/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 May 2017
the average day could be one of two things, slow and laid back, or hectic and stressful. if it was the second i would have to rush to get all the cleaning done and close on time. the manager was very nice and personal but would be inconsistent with the schedule and also gave me a promotion and put me on full time telling me id get a raise but didn't follow through on it in the last 3 months i worked there. he also would read us complaints whenever we got them but would ignore all the compliments, when showing me a complaint i saw that among it was a number of compliments which when asked he said he hadn't read them and didn't notice. The best part of the job was most of the customers were regulars since we were in a small area causing me to build small friendships with some of them causing me to be excited to serve them. i also got to work with a few of my close friends which is the biggest reason i stayed for the time that i did. the worst thing about this though was that since we are in a small neighborhood we didn't get a lot of business at night since most of the people in the area are older and go to bed early. This was then blamed on the night staff, me in particular since i was promoted to supervisor, even though we had no control over it and did our best to get customers to come back by being friendly as much as possible.
Pros
free lunch, working with friends
Cons
over worked, inconsistent schedule, promotion and extra duties without raise even though told i would get one
Fun Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  25 Main Street North, Brampton28 May 2017
Working at Subway was an exciting experience as it allowed myself to interact with numerous people in intriguing conversations, which put the customers in a good mood.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
It was an productive and learnt more about management
Canada (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2017
Make yourself an time effiecient
Getting things done in more easier and its till perfect
Conversing the time
How to work in an fast time pace enviorment
good work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  vancouver,canada28 May 2017
good work place . gained amazing work experience .
gained knowledge how to interact with customers.
how to make a good sub.
interacted with foreign people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours of standing
effective place to work
employee (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2017
good management
good employees
learn a lot of things which are helpful in daily routine
learn making a lot of stuff
really a good place to work
varied opportunities
Pros
free sandwich
Cons
no cons
Good first job
Senior Subway Sandwich Artist & Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Embrun, ON26 May 2017
This is a great place for a first job, as it is not too demanding and managers are typically very good at accommodating to school schedules, but the pay is laughably low. I was promoted to Supervisor 2 years ago and still only make 0.50$ above minimum wage. I have been with the company for 4.5 years and that is still all I make. Not much space for career advancement unless you're willing to give a good 10 years to the company first.
Productive place to work at.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB26 May 2017
It is a great place because I enjoyed each moments working with my co-workers. The manager is very friendly and kind. She always to the employee's request specially with schedule adjustment.
Friendly work experience
Food Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2017
Its been a pleasure to work at subway. I am looking for an part time job . I will be very thankful who would offer me a part time job related to my work experience.
environnement de travail productif mais mauvais roulement
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC25 May 2017
Très bon lien entre les employés mais parfois peux être trop au niveau du travail au moment de servir le client
Environnement de travail très relax excepté quand la gérante est sur place
Sandwich Maker (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC24 May 2017
Le salaire est déçant puisque c'est un emploi "étudiant" , aucune aide pour dénoncer les actions d'un gérant , superviseur hypocrite et superficiel tout comme la plupart des gérants
Pros
Repas gratuit par quart de travail ou 50% de rabais
Cons
Courtes pauses (dois rester dans l'établissement ou devant les portes), aucune droit de parole
Good place to work and gain customer service experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON23 May 2017
Good place to work and gain customer service experience.
Learn more about different areas in food industry.Self motiation and enthusiastic. Meet new people at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8