Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,239 reviews matching the search
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMay 18, 2016
its a good place to work and communicate with customers. Accompanied by a employer and worked alone too. lots of work help time fly. clean and safe place.
Pros
free sub
Cons
8 hours maximum shift
Preparing and serving food to customers
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Warman, SKMay 18, 2016
Subway has been a fantastic place for me to work the past 3 years, but I feel like it's time for a change. Most days I was working closing shifts so that means dealing with all the cleaning for the next day. Making sure food is stored away properly for the next day, the building is cleaned and the till is counted are some of the things done every night. Food preparation is a must, so no matter what time I came into work there was always something that needed to be prepped or baked. Every day I had to deal with customers. Some happy and some angry people. Making food they way they want it and making it right in front of them as they watch you can be a little nerve-racking but that just means there is less of a chance of me messing up an order. One of the most stressful and hardest parts of the job is when it gets busy and there is a long line up of people. It's stressful seeing that line up cause all you can think about is how am I going to get through that many people while trying to be efficient? Just breathe and take it one sub at a time. Something that makes working there a little easier is the staff I work with. My co-workers get along with each other and we all help each other with anything. Everyone listens to each other and when someone is asked to do something I never have to ask them twice. My co-workers are probably why I enjoy my job as much as I do. We have fun getting things done and always make each other laugh. Management can be strict but they are that way to better the outcome of the store. This place has taught me food safety, being responsible, time management,  more... not to stress under hard situations, to think fast, deal with money and most importantly good customer service.  less
Pros
Free sub every shift worked
Cons
Long, busy, hectic days with no breaks
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
Great opportunity to get face to face with customers , and make their product to their specifications. Management was very helpful in answering any questions you could have , over all friendly people
productive workplace
Food Counter Attendant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 15, 2016
The interaction with interesting people and having fun with my teammates. The most hardest part of the job is when there is too much crowd to be served and enjoyable part of the is to fun in doing all that stuff.
Pros
free food
Cons
too much far
proctive workplace
Food service attendant (Former Employee) –  Langenburg, SKMay 14, 2016
its awesome to work at subway here, i feel so good here with my co worker and moreover my employer is so helpfull, its so busy subway around here and i as team member achieve all requirement by my manager
productive and a nice place to work
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Hinton, ABMay 13, 2016
though its always busy every one managed to smile ,greeting customers and give the best to serve them,every body is cooperative and willing to help each other.in this job i enhance my flexibility,good customer service and supervisory skills.its really enjoyable working here especially when it gets really busy and things are done because everybody cooperate.i also learned how to prepare foods and baking bread,worked in a fast paced environment and my communication skills enhanced too.
review
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMay 12, 2016
this company is great because they care about their employees and customer in every single task they do. theyare up to date with cleanliness.
Loved
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRENSENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Carbonear, NLMay 12, 2016
I loved working at Subway, loved everything and everyone I worked with. I'd defiantly work there again. The pay was good, the days flew by and the staff were so nice.
Productive and fun work place
Customer Service, Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONMay 12, 2016
Subway is a great place for your first part time job. It teaches you the basics you need when finding a newer part time or full time job. Working with my co-workers always made the job more enjoyable and easy-going. I've learned how to manage my time properly and how to deal with stress in a workplace.
Flexible hours
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, ONMay 11, 2016
Great boss and coworkers, easy part time job while in university, flexible hours, and free food. Interact with members of the community, able to recommend different food combinations.
Pros
free meal
Cons
smell like sub
fast past, fun to work, great team
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONMay 11, 2016
Typical day, go in and get ready with team members for diner rush, clean organize,
i have learned how to work as a team to make serving customers easy and as efficient as possible.
management is good, easy to work with and talk to
hardest part is working alone when its busy, after a certain time i am the only person working and when its busy it can get overwhelming. But i have been able to handle it and found ways to make it easier.
Most enjoyable part is knowing that i made a good meal for the customers and they are happy with the service i and the team gave them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working alone can be stressful
Good place to work part time
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 11, 2016
Very professional management
A good experience of line cooking
The best part about the job is divided shifts
The worst part is long weekend shifts
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
too much work on weekends
productive is good
Sandwhich Artist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 10, 2016
the atmosphere is really good...enjoying working at subway..management is really helping..overall very good atmosphere.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sometimes not maximum hours
Hectic environment, difficult first job, but taught me what work is like.
Recruit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Basically I'd ride the train early morning (around 7), get off and get some breakfast, then wait until my shift came. I'd work from late mornings doing mostly cleaning and food prep until the lunch where I was on dishwashing duty. I learned how to adapt to a busy environment and the appropriate behavior to adopt for customer satisfaction. The management was nice, but informal while the co-workers were very nice and taught me basically everything with lots of patience. The hardest part of the job was having to clean the bathrooms because I found it gross, but I still went through with it nonetheless. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people, whether fellow employees or customers, and interacting with them and making them happy.
Pros
Nice employees, free sandwiches
Cons
Hard work (chemicals in dishwater), cleaning filthy environment.
productive
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 10, 2016
nice workplace in fast pace environment. co-workers are good. when theirs some event lot of customer came in and all the employee got treat for employer because of nice sale. management is good.
Pros
customer service
amazing coworkers and all around a good place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Forest, ONMay 10, 2016
Typically I would just do your basics of making subs as well as making prep so that we can make the subs. So this including cutting and washing vegetables as well as making bread and cookies in the oven, and then clean up after this as well.
Fun Place to work
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  SudburyMay 10, 2016
SUBWAY was in my opinion the job that didn't feel like a "job". With all the constant customer interaction, and sensory stimulation; I rarely (if ever) found myself bored. There was also never a shortage of things to learn, or initiative to take. I am grateful for the experience I obtained there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Decent place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ONMay 7, 2016
Decent place to work. Closing sucks. Come home smelling like it at least you dont smell like grease though.
Most enjoyable part of the job was getting free subs.
Fast paced workplace
District General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
I worked for Subway for 9 years. In that time I started as a junior manager and eventually moved my way up in the company to be the District General Manager.

A typical work day was checking in all 8 locations operations, policies and scheduling. To ensure that every store was set up for success for the day/week. I travelled to all locations, helped train and hire employees.

What did I learn? ALOT! I learned how to hire/train/discipline employees. I learned how to manage my time really well. With having 100 staff and 8 restaurants I had to be on top of every issue that came up. I especially learned how to relate to people. Whether they be my employees or customers, they really became part of my week. Each and everyone one of the mattered to me and the business in a big way.

My co-workers. Being the District General Manager my co-workers were always helpful. I built relationships with others where we helped each other out and knew that there was support around us.

The hardest part of the job was being on call 24/7. The feeling of never being able to relax because at any point that phone could ring and you would have to run back into work due to a robbery, or an employee having a health issue or even cars going into my restaurants. You just could never really relax.

The most enjoyable part of the job was all the relationships I built with the employees, owners, customers and head quarters evaluators. I loved seeing the employees succeed and move up in the company. I was so proud of them for being able to achieve higher goals and see them make it there.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule
Cons
On call 24/7
Busy and fun with excellent management.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
Great people and a very busy and fun atmosphere. I appreciate the free sandwich every shift. There is a lot of variety of tasks. The hours were quite flexible and it is a great job for a university student. The Christmas party was really impressive. The manager is very organized and understanding and created a fun atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, great people
Cons
min wage, standing for hours