Subway
8,549 reviews

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Subway is the place where you can find fresh meal everytime
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 8, 2015
I have learn so many things from my experience with Subway including customer service,time management and work flow management and employee management.
Fun place to work at
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free subs
Cons: not a lot of hours
Amazing place to work at. Loved working with the other employees. Learned how to use the cash register and transaction machine.
pretty boring and not so productive
customer assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hurting knees
The Subway i worked at was not that much of a professional work environment. I did not feel comfortable working there. I believe that when you are working you should feel very comfortable working there. Other than that, it was okay.
great store
Part Time Store Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: long hours
great store to work at lots of tasks will keep you busy and on your feet is a great first job, you need a strong work ethic and need to be able to get things done really fast
productive and fun working place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch and free cellphone allowance
Cons: long hour when their i absent
i usually opening the store, and make sure every thing is in place and ready for store open, give instruction and delegate task to each staff, for what is our goal for the day that we need to accomplish and make sure that it accomplish within the day, by giving a leaser like direction, respect them, appreciate and acknowledge their good work, and make sure that we are a team so every body is happy, the hardest part of the job, is when somebody is sick and you don't have enough people to cover up the shift..thats the hard part, because you need to finish the job, event thou your locking of people you need to run the store still smoothly... the most enjoyable part of the job when you know that your staff is happy to work with you and they all supportive and very appreciative, cooperative to meet the store Goal
Subway
Customer service, Sandwich artist, cash (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Always really busy. Rushed lots so work did not stop. Was a great experience. Showed me how to deal with customers quickly and in a professional manner.
Typical food service job
Food Server (Former Employee), Palmerston, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Unprofessional manager, but the employees I worked with made the job enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the discounted food!
Poor Management, very fast paced.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Waubaushene, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good co-workers.
Cons: short breaks, and manager.
I loved that my job was fast paced, I rarely have issues with that. The only issues I had that this job was the management. Shifts were not distributed fairly and discrimination was also a huge issue. Besides those issues, I could have gone on working there, and probably still would be.
customer service
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Deseronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
was a good job, fun people to work with and learned alot too, managment was excellent and flexible. every other weekend off, lots of prepping of materials needed such as food and drinks, very clean and safe.
Under Surveillance
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free meal and drinks
Cons: under surveillance
It was very difficult to do work in this place since all the employees including myself was under surveillance by the boss. The salary was very low respect to the amount of time people worked in the Subway.
Productive day working with employees and satisfying customers.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), St. John's, NLJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: discount on lunches
Cons: supper rush
Overall, i enjoy my position at Subway. The employees are respectful as well as myself. I learn responsibilities, ways of handing money,learned how to work at a fast paste. The hardest part of the job was when i first started working there, and found it difficult too remember all the different kinds of meat, however, i quickly learned after working for a few weeks. The most enjoyable part of this job, was meeting new people, both employee and customer. I like to satisfy my customer, and have a good relationship with my employee to present a friendly work environment.
Great Work
Store Morning Set-Up (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: sometimes slow
-Great experience.
-Lots of work to do.
-Nice free sub benefit.
-Hours are good.
-Kind customers come and order from Subway.
Fun place to work with great coworkers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Glace Bay, NSJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: workable schedule, discounts
Cons: long hours, management
Subway was my very first job and I loved all of our customers and my coworkers. The only reason why I quit there was because we had very poor management
This is my first job in canada, So far its good but I am not made for this job.
Manager (Current Employee), Espanola, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch and 50 % discount on food items
Cons: avg 35 hours a week
You are doing everyday same thing at any Restaurant Job. This is a new experience for me so far. At subway everything is new to me expect Customer service, where I am good as always. The management is good and supportive so far. and the co-workers accept me very well as new comer in Canada. So far they are my very good friends. I never find anything hard about subway after working in Banking industry. My positive attitude give me an edge in my career so I always enjoy my any assignment allocated to me.
Multitasking while maintaining accuracy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: relationship building and customer service
Cons: short shifts
It's my pleasure to work at subway restaurant in Toronto,ON and learned how to give a good customer service in a different cultural environment. As, my experience was in the same line but culture and the environment makes a difference.

At Subway, I was aligned with different task in a particular shift which made my skills more developed. Customers were impressed with my work due to my proper sandwich making style and following the safety and healthy procedures.
A Learning Experience
Team Member (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free drink, meeting new people
Cons: insecure job positions, inconsistent hours and rude layoff
- A typical day consists of serving customers, preparing food, and maintaining the store cleanliness
- A Team Oriented Environment
fun
regular staff making sandwiches (Current Employee), ottawa hawthrone roadJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough hours
Went to work everyday were different times, I learned a lot from subway being my first job and all as i learned how to communicate with customers. Co-workers were mostly my boss but i really liked them so it didnt matter. Hardest part would be angry custumers about maybe they didnt ask for this sauce etc. Most enjoyable were putting smiles on peoples faces.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Sales and part manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: repetative
You can meet a wide range of people working in the fast food industry. Fast paced, sometimes very challenging and demanding customers can make you grow as a person, helping with your interpersonal skills.
meet many great people
Customer service, preparation and sales (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free sub
Cons: part time
a typical day was making sure customers were satisfied with their orders and ensuring that the store would pass all food safety checks with a high degree of professionalism and care. the management was exceptional and were very helpful when customers had issues. the most enjoyable thing was making customers smile
like to talk to customer
Store Manager (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
Cons: long hours
6 or 7 days work
customer is always right
nice
fun with my team
hard part when team member don't show-up
fun time when we are so busy , i love busy lunch time

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more