Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,318 reviews matching the search
Good place to work at
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 23, 2015
There are different pros and cons of working at this place.
Too much standing, tasks become too repetitive. Co-workers are not to great but some are really good. The supervisor knows her stuff. I really like the way she handles things.
Pros
15min breaks are paid.
Cons
standing a lot, Benefits are so minimal
Productive and good management
Part Time Food Service Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKAugust 20, 2015
I've been working for this company for over 7 years now. I like the working atmosphere and the teamwork. I have a big family that's why I looked for a full-time job that would give me an opportunity to raise and support my children's needs. When I got laid off from my full time job it became too difficult for me to survive with the short hours I worked for Subway.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short hours
It's a great place to work except for lack of decent management
Customer Service Rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stewiacke, NSAugust 3, 2016
The days vary at subway, it can be very busy or not at all. I have learned how to do all kinds of food preparation and customer service tips. The management is not very good, but the co-workers are good. The hardest part of the job is to keep everything in order. But the most enjoyable thing is getting to deal hands on with the customers and having a great team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Manager, lack of guidence
Great experience
Commis, caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 20, 2016
The only reason I quit that part-time job was because I found a slightly better one. Working there was one of my best experiences so far. The management wasn't great at times since the owner changed and acquired more restaurants during the 2 years I was there. When they set up new rules and really planned to change the way the restaurants were run, the management was great, overall they took care of their employees.
New co-workers were hard to handle sometimes since most had never worked there, but they got the hang of it quickly.
I had fun training new employees in different places for a few months.
I learned to deal with people while I worked at Subway. I learned not to let people get to you when you work personally with customers.
For my second year at Subway I worked mostly alone during the weekend so it was fun having to manage the place alone. I learned to organise myself according to my customers needs and to manage my time when no one is there to watch over you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very demanding
Unrewarding
Sandwich Artist (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, ABJune 3, 2016
- Hard company to work for.
- Never recognized as a valued employee.
- My coworkers were great for the most part. As with every job there were hard days.
- Hardest part of the job was being told I was never doing good enough. Never getting a raise after the years I was there. I worked there for many years on and off.
- I loved talking with the customers and coworkers that I worked with. Developing the relationship I had with everyone was amazing.
Pros
coworkers, customers
Cons
no raises, certain coworkers getting special treatment
productive, fun workplace 10/10
Cashier and "Sandwich Artist" (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 2, 2016
a typical day at work was normally busy for the first little while then after the customers were gone repetitive cleaning.
i learned about food safety
management was great, probably best manager ive ever had
coworkers were ok attitude wise
hardest part of the job would be when people dont do what thier supposed to and you end up with more work
free food
Pros
Free footlong for 8 hour shift.
Cons
Repetitive, under staffed, vegetables were not always the freshest
Working for subway can be a very stressful and unappreciated workplace.
Sandwich Artist/Store Closer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 1, 2016
The job in which you are normally tasked to do involves making sandwiches for customers, which for the most part is without issue. However Subways tends to under staff at crucial times leaving the employees with a steady stream of customers to work with while having their duties to the store prevented.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage for work which deserves a slightly higher pay
Productive workplace, with occasional fun.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Subway GreenbankAugust 19, 2016
A Subways success is determined by the management team, and how the employees are shaped, trained, and taught to perfect subway standard. i learned to do cleaning, and food preparation tasks, to subway standard in a timely manner. Co-workers are always communicating to get closing procedures done, or shortening long lines.
Pros
50% off all food, free fountain drinks
Cons
productive and a nice place to work
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Hinton, ABMay 13, 2016
though its always busy every one managed to smile ,greeting customers and give the best to serve them,every body is cooperative and willing to help each other.in this job i enhance my flexibility,good customer service and supervisory skills.its really enjoyable working here especially when it gets really busy and things are done because everybody cooperate.i also learned how to prepare foods and baking bread,worked in a fast paced environment and my communication skills enhanced too.
Comfortable work environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NSJuly 4, 2016
Over the past 3 years working at subway I have enjoyed all of it. The staff is always great and acts as a small family. We all have developed problem solving skills and increased our customer service skills. The most stressful part is with making sure everything is as it should be even when its busy, but, with the time management skills that we have learned and developed it is never too much to handle.
Subway is just awesome
Storefront/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2016
A typical work day subway included starting off the day by making a fresh pot off coffee and throwing some cookies in the oven followed by starting the daily prep (cucumbers,tomatoes,etc)
The management is phenomenal and seek answers to issues extremely fast. Id Have to say an added bonus was the little competitions to see who could make a sub the fasted. It was an amazing way to get all team members to work together while at the same time improving skills
Pros
Free meal with every Shift
Cons
Cutting onions
Great co workers
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  941 Hamilton RdJanuary 25, 2016
I started this job while still in high school, and it was my first job. I have learned many things while working for subway. The most important thing I learned was how to communicate problems within the store or company without complaining. This was a key component to coming up with strategies or solutions to those problems. The management was very open minded and listened a great deal to how the employees were feeling in their work environment. Although it was a workplace, management and co workers were really able to become a tight knit group and have a lot of fun while going about our day to day activities. This was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free food while working
Cons
Weekend shifts
Bad Management, Lack of help
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NBApril 23, 2016
Working there from the beginning I was left alone, and had to learn everything on my own, the manager and other workers acted like they had other places to be and this was daily, most of the time you were left to wait on customers by yourself and had lack of help from your ''coworkers''. So many people come and go so you see new faces every week to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a free sub and taking a break from doing everything feeling exhausted.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, No help, Being left alone for hours, Lack of communication
it was a good beginner job
Customer service reapresentative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 2, 2016
working at subway was a good beginner job .there were no benefits long hours with minimal breaks .best part of my job was getting to interact with the customers and my co -workers .Management was iffy .manager never listened to employees and what hours they could work always did what was beneficial to her and assistant manager.
Pros
great way to get experience, made new friends and learned how to interact with customer from all different walks of life
Cons
long hours not many breaks and no free food
Good co-workers, grueling job
Sandwich Artist® (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Tight hours without too much leeway unless a lot of seniority, a lot of things to be done against clock that depends on customers. I was the closer, so a lot of this depends on evening workers, which were nice to work with, but slack off. There are no assistant managers, manager only highers for frontline service position and pay. No benefits. Hard to balance demand of shifts with school due to turnover rate of fellow co-workers,
Pros
Spare time at end during slow days
Cons
Late customers and those that are rude or order for groups
verry productive place
Caissière, cuisinière et chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Martine, QCAugust 3, 2016
Handwork team job
Receive orders while ensuring the accuracy of their content.
Exercise a role model and a leadership with new employees while training.
Planning, supervision and coordination of employee working hours.
Adaptation with the material in a new restaurant.
Attendance, smile, hardwork
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
always standing up
Sandwich artist: includes all the preparations
Team member (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ONMarch 30, 2016
Subway included a lot of time slicing and preparing all of the veggies, meats, sauces, bread and cookies. I learned to be accountable to all of the food safety measures and to all of the wishes of the costumer, because the meal was prepared in front of the costumer. There was a great team spirit, because all of the tasks were divided into stations and each station had a different employee. The hardest part was not always having the desired ingredients that the costumer wanted. The most enjoyable part was all of our regular costumers and getting to know them.
Pros
Free sandwhich
Cons
Not enough hours
customer service and problem solving
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCAugust 26, 2016
I work part time at Subway. I have an excellent owner. the best part of the job is during rush hours because I can demonstrate my ability to move and to serve people as faster as I can. I make preparation and I receive calls and take notes when customers have orders to make for specific events.
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
Target based, fun loving workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONAugust 23, 2016
A very nice work environment.
Excellent team
Opportunities to grow
After working for a while, I learned that lots of improvements could be done to achieve efficiency. My suggestions were welcomed by top management.
Most enjoyable part was a very nice and supportive team members and very good Supervisor.
It was always a fun and work place.
Subway Sandwich is always fresh and lovely fast food.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes.
Exceptional customer service and deal with customers in a fast, friendly and efficient manner.
Management of staff and training for new employees and directed staff to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards were maintained.
Employees are hard working and are team work player.
Having communication with customer is enjoyable special when they are happy of your job and giving you good feeling.

2.8