Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,968 reviews matching the search
Good first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Waubaushene, ON30 July 2017
Was a fantastic first job but I wasn't able to stay there forever. Learned a lot about customer service and commitment, and was able to see how to make my way up in the working workd
Great workplace with great people.
Cashier duties and preparation of food and drinks (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 July 2017
A typical day working at subway is pretty great time flies by because you get to have quick and enjoyable conversations with most customers. I have learned many great things by working at subway, i have learned to be a lot more social, i learned how to work the cash register and finally i also learned how to work at a fast pace. The management at subway was great everything was on point. The hardest part of the job was wrapping sandwiches. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the pace of the job it was a bit fast but i enjoyed it.
Pros
Free sandwiches at the end of your shift
Cons
No breaks
Good
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 July 2017
Good experince to work in subway , communicate with customers also improving your skills. Make you grow to work in a fast paced. I enjoy working here .
Pros
Free lunch
Nice experience
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON26 July 2017
It was my first job in Canada and most of things I learned from this place. My co-workers were very nice to me as well as our manager who actually listen to everyone opinions. It was a very nice experience.
Pros
More than 5 hours work then got free meal
Cons
poor hours
Premier emploi de gestion
Gérant (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC26 July 2017
Ce fut mon premier emploi de gestion, la propriétaire me suivait de près et ne laissait pas beaucoup de marge de manœuvre. Et vu qu'elle était de culture étrangère, j'ai du me perfectionner dans un autre emploi.
Different. Good job security. maybe it was me that was different due to different work background industrial vs service industry.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB25 July 2017
When it is busy organization is important especially prepping of foods. When structured and being timely on needs vs necessity it will make the difference of being prompt and efficient when you are at the counter making the sandwich's. Management could be improved on communication from morning crew to night crew and every shift change. The workplace was not enjoyable when always behind on prepping of foods which in turn leads to falling behind at the counter. lack of management from morning to night and every shift change did not help. Other then that it was enjoyable between employees. public areas can be improved more towards efficiency of cleaning ex. standardized tables and chairs as to not having to move to mop and sweep.
Pros
Lunch came daily with shift. Good hours.
Cons
lack of structure in certain areas. Falling behind, while still maintaining clean sanitized public areas.
Fair
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON25 July 2017
Leaned a lot about customer and time management, certain factors would have led to a better experience. Good for students looking for first job in bowmanville
Very affordable price
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Biggar, SK25 July 2017
This was my first job and I had fun. the management was nice but not that really nice. I do not enjoy my work here that much cause mostly employers there were Pakistans.
sandwhic artist at subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB24 July 2017
My co-workers were very nice to me as well as our manager who actually listen to everyone opinions. It was a very nice experience to work in a fast food even though most of the costumer are hard to deal with.
Productive Workplace, nice working environment
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Erin, ON24 July 2017
Working at subway was a good starting job I loved working there and I learnt a lot from boss and co-workers. Working there taught me how to deal with certain customer issues, and how to makes a customer feel happy and satisfy. I feel I gained lots of knowledgeable lessons working at subway.
Pros
Free lunches
restauration
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC24 July 2017
Très agréable comme travail étudiant. Bon pourboires, ambiance agréable.
Pros
repas gratuit, pourboire
Cons
pas de vrai pauses
It was a really fun job.
SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MB24 July 2017
I really enjoyed working at Subway. I loved making the subs and food prepping. The boss there was amazing and gave me really flexible hours. The people I worked with were really friendly and welcoming.
agréable
Vendeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 July 2017
Subway et les entreprises similaires sont un bon endroit pour se familiariser avec le service à la clientèle.
Easy and productive.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrow, ON23 July 2017
It is a good starting job for students but its very hard to get the hours that you need as a full time worker. Some owners very hard to work for. Poor staff quality because nothing was constant.
Fun meeting new people every day.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
I learned how to treat the customers,How to talk to them and have build a good relation with customers and manager. Although the most enjoyable time of work is lunch hours when more and more customers come to your subway. It was great time working in subway.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tiredness sometimes
Large workload, little hours and poor management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 July 2017
Management was poor and only one manager was assigned and only work through the day. Lots of work was expected and with 4 people working some tasks were un-included, this was due to the manager only working in the day and not going through all the procedures before expecting people to know them.
Pros
Free Lunch. Friendly staff
Cons
Rude customers. Bad management, poor hours.
I loved this place.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON20 July 2017
I worked midnight's at this restaurant, and I have to say the customers and the manager was the best part of my day. They always made you feel welcomed and appreciated
A good job
Sandwhich artist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 July 2017
An overall good place to work, weather its your first or 6th job, i enjoyed the people i worked with from both locations, its quite easy and also can be challenging, overall a great place to work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
unpaid lunches / breaks
Productive and Very friendly
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Steinbach, MB19 July 2017
My co-workers, and managers are very respectful and they are very fun to work with. Customers are very friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you get to know more people.
Structuré
Commis (Former Employee) –  Repentigny (14)19 July 2017
environnement structuré et bien encadré. Ambiance agréable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8