Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,801 reviews matching the search
A decent minimum wage fast food job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
This job overall is very good for someone looking for part time work and is flexible with their availability. A downside is that the shifts and the hours worked weekly are not a regular schedule and are quite random. As an example, night shifts can either be 3 hours long or can be as long as 12 depending on the day
Pros
Free 6" after 5+ hours of work
Cons
Only 1-3 employees working at a time, minimum wage with no real room to advance whatsoever
Not bad first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC30 April 2017
i learned a lot of skills that i can use in future jobs. Depending on the location and time the work will be either be really slow or really busy. When the work is slow i would be the only one working so that is a lot of responsibility but i learned a lot from the opportunities that i had to work alone and had to manage everything.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no actual break time
Great fun, loved the people and Environment
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Tantallon, NS30 April 2017
I had usually worked 3-11pm as the pre-closer, but as a 24 hour fast food restaurant, we never closed. I have learned a lot over the past year with Subway. It was a great experience, as my first job and having the involvement of being a shift supervisor was great. Being proficient with Drive thru, and P.O.S system. Was great being involved with customers and staff. Its a very clean environment that I truly enjoyed, gave a sense of pride when the store was clean. I really enjoyed the customers, developed relationships with customers by memorizing the order.
Pros
Friendly Staff Members
Productive, fun work space
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON30 April 2017
I have learned how to be independent, as well as team orientated. The most enjoyable part of the job was probably the amount of enthusiasm that each employee had while working there.
subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC30 April 2017
did not like working there, rude supervisor. bad pay, long hours, was forced to eat in the prep room, was not allowed a drink or cookie, had to pay for those myself
good job for a starter
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2017
Very good encouragement that helps every individual to actively participate in the making of sandwich which will enhance our activities to be a successful sandwich artist.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Have to be really louder
fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  London, ON27 April 2017
excellent co-workers, very flexible hours to work around being in school, nice management, always able to find something to keep you busy and short or long shifts available
Pros
free lunches
I enjoyed working in subway restaurant
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 April 2017
I learned lot of things for example how to deal with different people, how to handle everything, how to work under rush hours.
the most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with differnet people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
nothing
good environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 April 2017
i like working at subway restaurant but they are paying me minimum wage that is why i am looking for new job!
everything was nice. owner is so helpful and staff is so friendly!
i do not want to quit this job but i am looking for good job where i can get more pay
thank you!!
Pros
free meal
Cons
minimum hours
fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, ON26 April 2017
Enjoyed working there.
Was for my whole highschool and college education. The staff and owners were amazing. If I ever had to go back I would be totally fine with that.
Productive as well as Gained skilled Worker
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cliftonhill, Niagara Falls ON25 April 2017
It is a busy work place and learned management and challenging tasks everyday. Workplace culture is way better than I expected. I work hard and always try to show my potential and give my open assurity to anyone because I trust myself on workplace.
Fast paced and efficient needed
Store Opener/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
I worked at Subway for almost 2 years and I did enjoy my time there. With having such a small store, the opportunity to grow within the store (if willing) takes time. Most managers stay for at least 3-5 years and even then, you may not be considered once they leave. You have to be focused and organized in order to be efficient for customers. Being a team player is a big factor to being successful at Subway because it usually takes 2-3 people to make an order from start to finish.
Pros
free sandwiches, drinks from fountain machine, very orgainzed
Cons
high peak hours and low peak hours, lots of baking and prepping
productive
Elmira, Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON25 April 2017
Being a subway team member I learned how to manage with various jobs at the same time. It is always enjoyable to serve the customers, managing cash at counter, taking care of grocery stock left in store,cleaning and managing whole time.
Good supportive manager and co-employees
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  University of Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Extremely busy during the lunch hours. Should be well prepared in terms of food, need to be at our toes to efficiently work to reduce the waiting time for customers(Yes a long line-up always)
Pros
Free food
Cons
Extreme busy
fun job
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  taylor ave24 April 2017
had alot of fun working there. good people and they treat you very well. Good hours and very patient with you. except the owner which is kind of mean to her workers
Pros
free 6 inch
Cons
mean of an owner
Welcoming environment and thoughtful workers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Working here allowed for flexible hours and a welcoming environment. It requires you to work hard on a daily basis and make the customers feel welcomed and have an enjoyable experience. It is tiring, especially on busy days but it is easy to manage at the end of the day. Overall, my experience at subway was good and allowed me to gain the basic skills needed.
Pros
Lunch discounts
Cons
Tiring
Subway was a good experience and fun.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 April 2017
Working at subway was an amazing experience, I loved working there. There were no downsides to working there. I learned a lot about customer service and working in a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of working there was working. The hardest part about the job was learning everything.
Pros
Free lunch good coworkers
Cons
living far from work.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
Typical day at work would be to plan for what you have to get done in order to serve customers flawlessly without interruption. The ability to flourish customer service skills was most dominant as was the opportunity to work on prioritization of tasks, keeping health and safety laws in mind at all times, effective marketing strategies, and learning how to make simple change. Management is always pleasant, the culture is dedicated like you are part of a tiny family that needs to succeed day after day, hardest part of the job is leaving because there is always something to do that you feel like you want to stay and help, and the long lunch and dinner time line ups are the most enjoyable because it's super fun to serve hundreds of people within an hour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
My experience working is great. I learned to manage things which I never had I idea about it. Handling customers with a smile as "happy customers happy me" and give them what they deserve. I don't remember if there was any hardest part in my job because I always believe that every coming next day is a challenge to me. Personally, my most enjoyable part of my job is to serve customers.
Great talkative regular customers
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Drumbo, ON24 April 2017
I have worked here for the past two years, and It has been wonderful, close and convenient. I have built a lot of new relationships with customers as the majority of our customers are regulars, and I enjoy seeing them almost every day. Working in customer service has taught me to be a lot more open, and cheerful.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8