Subway

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Horrible management skills
Food Handler/Cook (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: my co workers
Cons: the owners
The owners were completely rude and disrespectful to all employees. If we worked over time or holidays, we never saw a cent of those days on anyones pay cheques. He would rip us off of most of our pays. Overall, a horrible work place to be in.
nice and clean work enviornment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), ottawa,ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free sandwich after 8 hours
Cons: no breaks
learned to work in teams and how to manage the store even if you are alone.
Productive Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches, meeting new people, learn good customer service, learn everyday responsibilites
Cons: same thing everyday, manager isnt there at all times, sometimes boring
Great overall first job, you learn very quickly and it teaches you alot about work ethic. I enjoyed meeting lots of new people and learning what subway is all about.
was a good experience
supervisor (Former Employee), simceoJanuary 4, 2015
working everyday for good work but never appreciated also there is no scope of advancement as well as no more money .
how they management are and how they work over there
subway (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 4, 2015
i just start the work at subway i just the learned how to great customer service and make happy to people . that management was the great . He always the help the people and always give the payment on the time. hardest part of the job how to make the bread . the most enjoyable part of the job is when you make the sub .
Fun work place
#SANDWICH ARTIST (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 23, 2014
Pros: free subs
Cons: long hours, tired legs
I like working at Subway. Although it is tired to stand 6 to 7 hours running the store esp. when it gets super busy and there is just "me" in the store. Good co-workers, good manager with his father. Free delicious sandwiches are always great and so do the cookies!
Poorly Managed, Lacked Training, Moved back to BC
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Brandon, MBDecember 23, 2014
worked there for short time. after only one shift I was in charge of closing, alone, on the friday and saturday night shifts.
Left very quickly due to how poorly run the subway was
Good first job with flexible hours.
Employee (Former Employee), Yarmouth, NSDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Great part-time job with flexible hours and an understanding manager. Easily worked around my school work/events. Provided great learning opportunities such as providing customer service and working in a fast paced environment.
Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), OakvilleDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: n/a
It was fun working for subway, there was lots of foods to try and we got one free sandwich every work day. when I worked at subway we also made cookies and I love make them because they smelled great and Loved working with customers. All of the staff was really fun and easy going. The store General Manager was always there to help out when you needed him.
It is fast food but was for sure very enjoyable
Sandwich Artist Subway Restaurant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch when there was time
Cons: not enough hours some weeks
Worked a lot of split shifts and the managers relied on me to do most of the heavy inventory lifting due that I am young and energetic. If asked to do something I always respond with sure lets do it. Enjoyed working with my co-workers and we became like a family.
Fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Sandwich, ONDecember 1, 2014
Working at Subway, I was required to work both days and nights. I learned how to make subs at a fast pace for customers, how to prep items such as peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and sauces. The management team was very nice and respected their employees. As well, my coworkers were very enjoyable to work with.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 30, 2014
I loved working at subway, it was definitely a learning experience. I worked with awesome people and my manager was the best. I learnt how to handle stressful situations with ease.
easy work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), glace bayNovember 30, 2014
Pros: always a fun time at work.
Cons: long days
Made alot of subs
clean work place
was great
always fun people
dead days with no work
morning shifts
subway is a great place to work for part time students
sandwich artist (Current Employee), ajaxNovember 30, 2014
I worked part time at subway. Long hours on your feet but discounted foods is a plus. Good environment too.
Fun work place
Sandwich artist/dishwasher (Former Employee), mcphillips and logan ave winnipegNovember 27, 2014
A typical day at subway was great. I found costumers to be so happy and other staff members were great to talk to. I learned so much at the job. It was the first job i worked at when I went back into the work field. Subway was a great start. They were patient with me and taught me how to bake bread make cookies. They showed me charts how to make subs and before you knew it I was great at making subs again. I didn't mind cleaning the wash rooms or cleaning the tables and washing floors. I enjoyed prepping for the next rush. I learned how to take foods temperatures and how they portioned foods. I didn't have to work the till but I did pay attention to what they were doing so I would be able to do it when I had to. I worked really well with other workers. I would say it was a good job. hardest part of the job was working alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was free pop and sub at the end of the shift. I always took it home for my son.
line cook
counter staff (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 25, 2014
long hour ...i like working here had a very great staff..she owned 5 stores..so you got to to all sores..learned alot at this job..still go see all the staff here..i would work here again
prepare sandwich
Food preparation, customer service (Former Employee), caraquet and monctonNovember 25, 2014
had a lot of fun with co worker and the management great place to learn some customer service skill and nice way to pratcie my english
Sandwich Artist
Subway (Former Employee), Ottawa, CanadaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: no room for advancement
Basic subway job. It was great for me because I was in high school and it was the first position I had ever had. I learned the ropes of having a job and enjoyed the customer service aspect.
productive
seasonal staff (Former Employee), Bayshore mall Ottawa OntarioNovember 18, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: wasn't properly trained
My day at work was usually fast paced. I didn't really learn much because I was only there for a month. The management was okay and so were the co-workers.
fun place to work with great employess
Sandwich Artist (Part-Time Seasonal) (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 14, 2014
fun everyday you look forward to going to work you dealt with a lot of people and everyone was different but would make your day

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more