Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,210 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Commis, caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 20, 2016
The only reason I quit that part-time job was because I found a slightly better one. Working there was one of my best experiences so far. The management wasn't great at times since the owner changed and acquired more restaurants during the 2 years I was there. When they set up new rules and really planned to change the way the restaurants were run, the management was great, overall they took care of their employees.
New co-workers were hard to handle sometimes since most had never worked there, but they got the hang of it quickly.
I had fun training new employees in different places for a few months.
I learned to deal with people while I worked at Subway. I learned not to let people get to you when you work personally with customers.
For my second year at Subway I worked mostly alone during the weekend so it was fun having to manage the place alone. I learned to organise myself according to my customers needs and to manage my time when no one is there to watch over you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very demanding
great first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 30, 2016
great environment to work in. Worked at many locations white oaks, downtown,Lambeth. co workers were great. learnt the basic necessities on having a job, for example time management, and also teamwork.
Subway
Closer, Crew trainer, key holder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 15, 2015
After a year and a half at working at subway my coworkers have become a family. Together we form a great welcoming environment. I enjoy my job as i am able to do many different things. I can serve customers, handle cash, food prep, clean and much more. Although I enjoy my job there is no opportunity for advancement. Through out my time at Subway I have learnt and developed skills to provide fast and efficient service to not only my customers but myself and my coworkers.
Pros
Family enviroment, Free Food
Cons
no advancement
Busy but Fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2016
Effective management
Best and helpful co-worker
Excellent customer service
Handling long line of customer individually is hardest and enjoyable part that boost the confidence of "can do" attitude
Pros
free lunch
Learnt good communication skills
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCNovember 4, 2015
One day one customer was not happy with my services and on that day I felt really bad because this happened with me first time that someone was so rude to me, I was smiling with her though. But next day she came and apologise to me that she was angry with me because she was irritated from her own job. On that day I realised that sometimes people are not bad the circumstances are bad so we should be always poliet and humble to everyone.
The most enjoyable part was talking to people at work, they taught me really good lessons.
Pros
free lunch
good place to work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Stratford, PENovember 11, 2015
The working environment in Subway is good, and co-workers are friendly. I really enjoy the working culture and supportive management.
Good workplace overall with very little room to advance
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJanuary 25, 2016
- Stressful days with grumpy workers constantly. A lot of pressure on nightstaff and unfair rules. A lot of the management and hours depended on favouritism and many employees were afraid to speak up. Very nice and fun co-workers.
Pros
free 6 inch sandwich on break
Cons
management.
Excellent company
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Training is effective and management is always available for support. Co-workers are always willing to help and offer advice on difficult situations.
Pros
lots of training provided
Cons
not alot of team building excersises
making sandwiches wasn't really hard
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hull, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Working at subway was my first job ever. I was about 15 turning 16 years old. i liked working there back in the days but it was hard because they gave me too many hours and with school it was hard.
Pros
free subs
Cons
fast past, fun to work, great team
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONMay 11, 2016
Typical day, go in and get ready with team members for diner rush, clean organize,
i have learned how to work as a team to make serving customers easy and as efficient as possible.
management is good, easy to work with and talk to
hardest part is working alone when its busy, after a certain time i am the only person working and when its busy it can get overwhelming. But i have been able to handle it and found ways to make it easier.
Most enjoyable part is knowing that i made a good meal for the customers and they are happy with the service i and the team gave them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working alone can be stressful
Sandwich artist: includes all the preparations
Team member (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ONMarch 30, 2016
Subway included a lot of time slicing and preparing all of the veggies, meats, sauces, bread and cookies. I learned to be accountable to all of the food safety measures and to all of the wishes of the costumer, because the meal was prepared in front of the costumer. There was a great team spirit, because all of the tasks were divided into stations and each station had a different employee. The hardest part was not always having the desired ingredients that the costumer wanted. The most enjoyable part was all of our regular costumers and getting to know them.
Pros
Free sandwhich
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and good management
Part Time Food Service Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKAugust 20, 2015
I've been working for this company for over 7 years now. I like the working atmosphere and the teamwork. I have a big family that's why I looked for a full-time job that would give me an opportunity to raise and support my children's needs. When I got laid off from my full time job it became too difficult for me to survive with the short hours I worked for Subway.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
short hours
Poor managment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 20, 2016
Unfortunately the subway that I worked at had poor management. Little to none hours
Managers did not know how to handle situations of any kind
Pros
free food
Cons
No hours
Productive and a fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Campbell River B.C.October 8, 2015
I usually had fun at work. I had a lot of regulars, they loved come n in to see me because I always have a smile on my face.
Management was not very good at all, because my boss would hire
these Phillopenos from a different country to do the work of a manager when they had no idea what they were doing. With very little training.
I really loved my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was doing prep in the mornings.
I have learned alot about Subway the way they prepare every thing and manage the business.
The most enjoyable about the job is differently the customers. I really going to miss them all.
compassionate company
sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BCMarch 23, 2016
cares and accommodate's their employees as well has a good relationship with their customers. management is wonderful and understanding open mined. easy fast paced work environment
Pros
free lunches
Cons
is none.
great enviroment decent salery
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 12, 2015
always different due to different shift times.
learned how to make subs.
more helpful at certain times, less helpful at others.
fun co-workers.
great salary for a sandwich shop
hardest part was working different shift each week.
most enjoyable were the co-workers company and some regular customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
diffrent shift times, was not able to plan ahead
Productive and beneficial workplace,
Employee (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 20, 2016
I worked at subway for almost 2 years.It was great experience for me to deal with different type of customer.when i first started i loved this job, it was a good learning experience for people skills and customer service, i got along great with my managers i was one of the top shift leads beside my two managers, i always worked with a good crew, and the part i liked the most about working here was just getting to know all different kinds of people.
Pros
Great training, faced-paced, and energetic environment.
Cons
Always depends on the franchise, short breaks, no overtime
Productive and cooperative work place with flexible schedules
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 8, 2016
My manager is very flexible and co-operative in scheduling and managing the time of Subway and the employees. I am never forced to take up a shift which is difficult for me to do for example when I have school or any plans. My co-workers are also very helpful and I enjoy working with them as they are very friendly and great to have chat with during break time. There's nothing really hard about the job, it is just multiple tasks but very simple and enjoyable.
Pros
Discount employee meals, flexible schedules
Cons
opening
Clean and highly productive environment.
Cook/Cashier/Prep/Manager (Former Employee) –  Assiniboia, SKJanuary 31, 2016
In my opinion there was very little orientation to new employees and Management training and respect to senior staff.

Quit frankly this job sucked I wasn't paid for work that I accomplished and shorted over-time and hours.
great place to work
food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 21, 2016
it is a good place to work.but less salary.have been there for more than 2 years and growth opportunities are minimal.though we get free meals and extra time also.
Pros
free meals
Cons
less pay.