Subway
5,457 reviews

Subway Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
easy job to manage.
Sandwich Artist / Cashier / Keyholder (Current Employee), cornwall onttMarch 11, 2014
Pros: 50% off subs
subway is a simple fast food joint that anyone can run easily.
Very routine job
o Customer Service (Current Employee), Tillsonburg, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Subway overall is a nice place to work at. The routine is pretty much the same every day with food prep and taking customers orders. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job is rushes when you're by yourself. The downside to this job is that the boss does not treat staff properly and often talks about us behind our backs.
Mini-Manager
Mini-Manager (Former Employee), LongeuilMarch 10, 2014
I worked under the manager so I was like a "Mini-Manager". I have a lot of fun while I was working there it was my first job and the only reason I stopped working there it's because the boss solid his Subway.
Extremely fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), St. Marys, ONMarch 10, 2014
Pros: co-workers were amazing
Cons: not enough hours
Learned to work in a fast paced environment. great co-workers. really didn't want to leave this job but do to the fact that there was no full-time hours available I could no longer continue to work there.
Some to little room for advancement unless you own a store yourself.
Server (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 9, 2014
The job is not a hard one. After about a week, you have all the knowledge you really need to work alone and unsupervised. The people I work with are great and always have been (having worked at 3 separate locations since 2009). The reason I am unimpressed with working for this company is the lack of advancement. There is no chance of getting more from – more... the work you do. Even getting into a management position is near impossible. The only way I can see to advance would be to contact head office and buy into the franchise yourself. That's not a bad thing, but for those of us who aren't looking to own a fast food chain, it isn't the most rewarding set of circumstances. It is only fast food after all, what more can we expect? – less
Productive and fun work place
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 7, 2014
I love serving people. I love making a sandwich for the customer and you see them looking satisfied on what you doing.
productive and fun at work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 7, 2014
Pros: healthy, busy, individual task
Cons: long hours, less salary
im usually a closer , So i before i start working i need to see everything is under control. Then i have to clean garbage , washroom, floor and interior. i have to count breads and everything at night and do the cash sheet before i close.
Great overall work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ephrata, WAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great management, great customer service
Well managed, and tightly run store with great customer service.
Can be a great place to work depending on owners and upper management
Manager (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 4, 2014
Pros: great job and people to work with
Cons: no chance for a raise at this particualar location
I was a manager at a subway... I loved my job and for the most part my staff was great! I learned a lot in terms of Subways operations and what was expected from the franchise. A typical day at work as manager was I would come in and make sure all prep was done and ready to go, make sure store is clean and ready for lunch.. Would get through lunch rush – more... and then proceed to get ready for dinner rush. Of course as manager I would check things like productivity, food costs etc. Most enjoyable part of the day would be to have fun while serving customers and making customers happy. – less
Great people to work with and very team oriented
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Olds, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch (or whatever shift your working), and discounts.
Cons: all people oriented jobs have their own bundle of stresses.
The manager is very flexible and accommodating for all staff and desires to give as much experience to those who show they deserve and desire to obtain higher roles. Staff work quickly and well together and usually with a smile. The work isn't strenuous though it is fast passé and expected to strive for perfection.
Productive and fun workplace..
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: free 6 inch sub, friendly co-workers
Cons: late nights with school early morning next day, schedules not matching availability.
no movement for advancement, minimum wage pay, and late hours.
serving customers
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Cobden, ONFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: no half price off a meal
Cons: 8 hours a day
doing prep for subway making sandwiches dealing with customers
It's what you make it to be.
PT, Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, OntarioFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: repetitive
Subway was an awesome job to have, it was easy but you were kept busy, costumers were usually friendly, as well as the job itself was easy, unfortunately there was a lot of robberies, within the store by costumers, no proper security cameras, pay was minimum wage, but tips were awesome.
it is quite fun ad enjoy to work in here.
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: didn't complete the hours per week in short they are giving short hour.
A typical day is subway is a busy day where in we are serving and attending different types of person. I've learned a lots of things there and working in subway thought me lots of things, the management were all good. The only hard part of working there is having a different shift that is not suit to the place that I am staying because its quite a bit – more... far but in general I enjoy working and talking to each and every customers that we had because i really love meeting and talking with different people. – less
had its faults
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: horrible manager
Subway in general is a very good place to work, but the one i worked at the manager was horrible. tried to lay me off so he wouldn't have to pay my maternity leave. so he kept me on on call and off for 2 weeks trying to make me quit! wasn't happy! barley got hrs
Best workplace!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Gatineau , QCFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, employee discounts.
Cons: minimun 6 hours per day
Subway was a very fun place to work.
Everyday i'd see the same faces , my regulars like i used to call them , and they would right away make my day! We had a great bond and they loved my service which is a good thing! Everyday was filled with smiles.
Employee wise , i had no problems with any of them. We had a great relationship , some even became really – more... good friends of mine , and i loved to train new employees aswell.
Me , my manager and my boss had the best relationship.
Felt like we knew each other for years! Always there to help me no matter what the problem was. I could always count on them , and they could always count on me aswell.
4 years ago i was this shy little girl , and they made me open up!
Made me a better person and teached me alot of amazing things.
I'm hoping to find another workplace that would give me the same feeling they did , it was a great feeling! – less
Serving everyone with a smile
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 17, 2014
Serving everyone with a big smile even though you're not in the mood is the hardest part in this job
Exceptional
Sandwich Artist/Customer Service (Former Employee), GJFebruary 16, 2014
It was an great experience to work in that environment and especially with the employees because there was a good understanding between the each of us and will like to enjoy each moment with other. The most interesting thing is that I like to interact with the customers and increasing the profit. The hardest part is when handling the customers when – more... some thing in the stock is not available and customer wants that thing. – less
Enjoyable workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Havelock, ONFebruary 15, 2014
I enjoyed working there, employer was easy to get along with, great atmosphere.
Productive and fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 14, 2014
Overall great company to work for....good job satisfaction

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more