Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,163 reviews matching the search
loved it.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCApril 12, 2016
It's a great place to work. One of my favourite places, If i didn't move I would still be working here. It's a fast pace job, you need to be a quick learner but it's worth it.
Productive and an open place with amazing people.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lively, ONApril 12, 2016
Typical day included cleaning, washing vegetables, doing dishes,etc. I was always learning new ways to stock the place and make things better for our customers, our management was great and I loved working for them. Also, all my co-workers where always right there if you needed help and they didn't hesitate to help you, but the hardest part is that at night you would get scared of the people because the place is beside a bar. Other then that, I always loved going to work because of the people.
Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBApril 11, 2016
A day of work at subway typically consisted of preparing the food (veggies, meats, sauces, bread, etc.) throughout the day for consumption. Also cleaning the restaurant including bathrooms, lobby, seating area, staff areas.
This was my first job, therefore I learnt the skills and persona which was needed of a person in a social workplace environment.
The management at this location was good, and I would not have any complaints. My co-workers were all very unique characters with their own set of skills being brought to the workplace.
The hardest part of this job would be the low number of hours I received due to school, sports, and hour cuts from the bosses.
I very much enjoyed the social part of this job. I love being able to communicate one on one with customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unpleasant customers
Best Fast Food Franchise to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 11, 2016
A fast pace and sometimes high stress work environment, keeps you on your toes. Shifts fly by as there is always so much to do. Working with fresh food and a culturally diverse team makes every day fun.
Great customer service experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONApril 11, 2016
My primary duties including preparing food and storing it. Bread and cookie baking and basic cleaning. I would prepare food and drinks for customers in a friendly and timely manner. I would also restock products throughout the shift.
I learned what I needed to quickly and was trained on the spot. My work day included greeting and serving the guests, as well as; running cash.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
A great store, the staff I have had are all talented, dedicated people and though I am ready for a new challenge.Owning a business taught how to handle the labor shortage problems and find an effective solution to them. The most enjoyable part of working as a team and learning everyday.
Pros
free meals
productive work with amazing leadership.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 8, 2016
Working in Subway was the best experience of my life.Working in subway given me hands-on experience. I have learned the professional communication with the customer which will help me for the future and my co-worker was amazingly talented with their work. For me there wasn't any part was it difficult everything was sooth and easy and my manager she gave us the best training at the work which help me and other my co-workers a lot.
Pros
one sandwich per day
Cons
12hr to 14 hr shifts
Good workplace with great learning experiances
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 6, 2016
the usual day of work was fun and taught new things to do with the food industry. management and co-workers were very friendly and willing to help should there have been any questions. the hardest part of the job closer to closing time when there were no costumers and the store had been entirely cleaned as there would be nothing else to do.
Pros
free food, friendly people, accomodating, wonderful management
Cons
counters too low, got boring when there was no customers
Fun work place
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 4, 2016
I was working in subway as a assit-manager
I had alots of fun to work there with all employees and with manager and with owner to
I learn lots of thin down ther in my work time
Pros
ALLWAYS FREE LUNCH
Too much customer focused.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
Income was not too much but it was a great learning to polish customer service skills and communication skills.
It demands flexibility of hours.
Pros
dealing with public
Cons
Always busy
First job. Helped develop customer service and learned more about having a job.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 3, 2016
This experience helped to develop my learning abilities in terms of: customer service, teamwork, organization, interpersonal skills with co-workers and staff, and scheduling. It provided me with an opportunity to take on challenges in a workplace setting, particularly in the area of customer and food servicing. I also developed an attitude to take on responsibilities and plan for my future, as this job helped in saving for university.
Pros
Free Lunches and had a great staff to bond with professionally.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement
productive, fun workplace 10/10
Cashier and "Sandwich Artist" (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 2, 2016
a typical day at work was normally busy for the first little while then after the customers were gone repetitive cleaning.
i learned about food safety
management was great, probably best manager ive ever had
coworkers were ok attitude wise
hardest part of the job would be when people dont do what thier supposed to and you end up with more work
free food
Pros
Free footlong for 8 hour shift.
Cons
Repetitive, under staffed, vegetables were not always the freshest
routing work
Owner / Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 31, 2016
Owning a business taught how to handle the labour shortage problems and find an effective solution to them. The most enjoyable part of working as a team and learning everyday.
great first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 30, 2016
great environment to work in. Worked at many locations white oaks, downtown,Lambeth. co workers were great. learnt the basic necessities on having a job, for example time management, and also teamwork.
Sandwich artist: includes all the preparations
Team member (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ONMarch 30, 2016
Subway included a lot of time slicing and preparing all of the veggies, meats, sauces, bread and cookies. I learned to be accountable to all of the food safety measures and to all of the wishes of the costumer, because the meal was prepared in front of the costumer. There was a great team spirit, because all of the tasks were divided into stations and each station had a different employee. The hardest part was not always having the desired ingredients that the costumer wanted. The most enjoyable part was all of our regular costumers and getting to know them.
Pros
Free sandwhich
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Employer!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ONMarch 29, 2016
A great store, the staff I have had are all talented, dedicated people and though I am ready for a new challenge, I will miss each of them.
Pros
The team is amazing!
Cons
Not enough hours available to support the franchisee's management decisions
Not much other than work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 29, 2016
Subway is a fast paced business , all work had to be done by 11am . learned how to bake the breads and flavor them , learned alot of paperwork . My co workers were always friendly and enjoyable. The hardest part of my job was getting all things done by myself. The most enjoyable part was the end of the day ! :}
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too much work
Busy but Fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2016
Effective management
Best and helpful co-worker
Excellent customer service
Handling long line of customer individually is hardest and enjoyable part that boost the confidence of "can do" attitude
Pros
free lunch
Sandwitch artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2016
Sandwich Artist
Food Preparation
Key holder
Operate cash register
Process money, and credit/debit card payment
Customer service oriented
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
non.
good information about Subway Sandwiches
Sales Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
I experience very good time working every day, during time that I was working in Subway sandwich's, in lunch line up always 6 people was at front , with lot's of pressure and stress to serve the people in a best way, we should smile and be kind, gradually it got our habit, then job goes faster and easier and we had a more fun. with that attempt , our customer had been raised, and our store manager gave us wadge raise.
Pros
very good friendship
Cons
lot's of food smell in store