Subway

11.2K reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Great learning experience and fun atmosphere.
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 14, 2016
Gained a lot of experience, but overworked for the amount of pay. Almost felt like was working 24/7. Constant calls and texts on evenings, weekends and vacation.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
at times overworked and overloaded
Not a great workplace.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Espanola, ONJanuary 13, 2016
I had a really hard time working here. After all the time I had been there I was being treated poorly and I had to leave. I didn't enjoy working here at all.
Pros
Free subs
Cons
Lack of respect
Customer Serive
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Learned to think on my feet.
Learned to master the art of multitasking as this Subway location was a very busy one.
Hardest part of the job was staff not doing their part.
I enjoyed meeting all of the customers.
Sandwich Artist & Supervisor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 10, 2016
Mostly people think that employees at subway have more labor
work but if you got a high position then there is lot of things to learn especially if a person like to see how the store operation like inventory and other things are utilized, most importantly a person can learn to improve their customer service skills also team working and management skills
Pros
fexiablity at work
it was a good experience.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 8, 2016
it was a good experience. I really liked working in subway as it involved a lot of customer service. It left me a decent amount of experience in customer service.
Good for a part time job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Only working for a few hours. Sometimes I work all by myself. Learned a lot about baking and making presentable yet clean sandwiches. Co-workers were fun to work with especially when some of them are your age as a teen.
A productive and enjoyable day
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Since I work on weekends now, my days are crazy! We are all running and working extremely hard to make sure the job gets done properly. We all work together and in an orderly fashion to make sure nothing gets all messed up and everything is organized. We all know how crazy our days can get and what to expect, so we always work in ways which will make it easier for everything to be done. But, at the end of the day its all worth it, because we al work together and its not like one person is doing everything.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
low staff
Easy to get hired
Shift Leader / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 6, 2016
I personally disagree with many store relationships with their staff. They just want you to make the subs and get their money. No support during difficult times or emergency staff incidents.
good place to work for
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
A good place to work to have extra money. Not for people who get tired easily since you are on your feet all the time. Nice coworkers and bosses too.
Positive work environment
Night Shift Supervisor/ Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Being a night shift supervisor, I worked with others as well as independently. While the others were there it was my job to supervise them as well as completing my own tasks and serving customers. I got along with all of my co-workers and it was a very positive work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interact with others in the community.
Pros
Free lunches and friendly co-workers
Cons
Long Hours
sometimes productive but very little communication
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
i learned to never rely on other people to do the work. Doing it yourself saves you from a lot of stress even though it wasn't your work to do. management was great at first until my pay checks were weeks late and i would constantly have to ask when it was coming in , My co-workers were fine sometimes we had language barriers but that didn't stop them from working. The hardest part of the job was closing the store every Saturday, trying to keep everything clean like it was never used. the most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships i had with regular customers that would come in often.
Pros
Free Sandwiches
Cons
you dont get paid on time
Manager at Subway
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hope, BCJanuary 4, 2016
Starting as a frontline worker making Subway sandwiches I worked my way up to Assistant Manager in a matter of two months. After applying myself and taking on other duties I then worked my way to a Manager at Subway. I did scheduling, banking, inventory and managed a team of more than ten to twelve people.
Pros
Great pay, staff, overtime
Cons
Employees not acting professionally, owner turnover.
Very busy work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 3, 2016
Very productive and very busy work place
I learned how to work on a fast food industry as a sandwich artist
Management was good
My co -workers were great and fun to work with
The hardest part of the job was not being able to take a break for lunch most of the time
The most enjoyable part was when we can still laugh at work and make a joke.
Pros
Fun and free meal
Cons
Low rate
Productive, fluid workplace
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  New ZealandJanuary 1, 2016
This was a fun place to work with a productive atmosphere. Management was open and friendly with employees and everyone had a pro-active attitude.
Pros
Free lunch.
busy place and learned lot
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 1, 2016
i enjoyed and learned lot there. The workers are so friendly. the place is too busy and no time to enjoy. i spoke french there with workers and customers
A Wonderful and Caring Environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2015
Subway was my first job when I was thirteen, and it helped me not only grow as an individual, but as a dedicated employee as well.
I stayed with Subway for seven years and I do not regret it one bit. It was a very friendly and heart-warming place to be, and I was always happy to be at work. I made some great friends along the way, as well as gained the skills I will need to further me in my future career.
Enjoyable work setting
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, ONDecember 29, 2015
- dealt with customers and food production daily
- washed dishes and handled food
- some co-workers were more pleasant than others, but got along with everyone
- the hardest part of the job would be having to be on your feet for a long time and not getting enough breaks
- the most enjoyable part of the job was being social and making sandwich platters
Pros
free lunches, independence, decent hours, and flexible with time off requests
Cons
unsafe taking the garbage out late at night when alone
Learnt a lot here
Supervisor/ Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 20, 2015
I worked at the Subway at Holland Cross in Ottawa, Ontario. I had an excellent team and was promoted to supervisor after working really hard for six months. I learnt a lot and got a lot better at multi tasking
Pros
steady hours
Cons
smelling like bread
Great Team, Great Work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2015
Start Cleaning the food station area. Prepare the food. Greet Customers and take orders. Help Co workers when it gets too buys. Do food safety check and restock.
I learned organizational, communication, management skills. Team work.
Enjoy in working with teamworkers.
Pros
Cons
when its cold outside
Positive working environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QCDecember 15, 2015
I mostly do closing at Subway and work alone haft the time. Serving customers and cleaning the store for the following day. I learned to interact and serve customers in a proper way.