Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,919 reviews matching the search
Fast paced productive work place.
Customer Service and Cash (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB12 July 2017
Fast paced repetitive work place.With a strong team work atmosphere where ,you make sandwiches. Shift work is required some days are faster then others.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Wanting to eat that great food all the time.
Fast working environment
Food Artist (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON11 July 2017
It was your average job working part time for basic wage, If you enjoy a fast work style having to jump from task to task it is the job for you, its not a job for most though.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Fast Working Style
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 July 2017
- easy to work
- Customer oriented
- build experience with time there
- clean environment

- can get tired easily from the job
- no scheduled time for break
- low pay
Cons
difficult to move up the corporate ladder at this job
Busy envirnoment
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (P, T) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 July 2017
Working at Subway was a good experience but it was a part time and I need a full time. And I also moved out of province. Typical days are always busy.
Would not work here.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 July 2017
Management and higher ups do not listen to the employees. No benefits, and don't work around what you need. Salary is base minimum wage, but you won't get paid any higher than 13.50.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Everything Else
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gibbons, AB9 July 2017
The job itself was good but i had a hard time with employees that worked there with me but i really liked the jobs cause it wasn't to busy we just had the normal lunch and supper rushes.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short hours
Subway (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 July 2017
It was nice experienced in subway work. Workplace was peaceful and any time i would like to serve a healthy food to people . In addition, subway has the respect of it's healthy food, nice service, politeness. Thank you for reading my review.
Pros
free lunches
it is ok
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
the job itself requires you to do everything from prep work all the way to scrubbing down the bathroom walls and everything in between. there are no assigned roles for employees and basically one employee should be able to run the store from baking and proofing the bread to preparation of every food item and sanitation inbetween.
Great Working Experience
Subway Restaurant Worker (Former Employee) –  Stratford, PE5 July 2017
It was a Subway restaurant located at Prince Edward Island. I had one of the best working experience with them. Friendly customers and co-workers made me excited going to work every time. Unfortunately I had to leave the place due to family moving.
Great Place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brant, ON5 July 2017
It was a great place to work at for a first job . I would have kept working there if it wasnet becuase of my school. It taught me how to get money and give change back.
great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB4 July 2017
great staff , never a dull moment
manager was not okay
worked over 44 hours per week , did over time but was not payed enough and was not payed every holiday
subway
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK4 July 2017
A typical day would be stocking the meat and vegetable at the front. The hardest part would be rush hours which is lunch time. The most enjoyable about the job is talking to the friendly customers.
A good first job if management is done right
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 July 2017
I enjoy my job 50% of the time and I would enjoy it more if my manager put less stress on the employees. We work with one to two people on a shift at a time and I believe most of the time we are heavily understaffed and constantly running around trying to get things done with no time for breaks. I do believe though if there was the proper amount of people per shift this would be a very enjoyable job and less stressful. To my knowledge my Subway is the only one with this problem so I do recommend Subway as a good job to have. The people are nice, you get to improve your customer service skill as well as learn a lot of new skills such as food prep, cleaning, and working the cash. My favourite part of the job is seasoning the bread, it's relaxing.
Easy Fun and Enjoyable
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON3 July 2017
This place was great, the coworkers are very friendly. Subway was a fast paced environment and it definitely taught me how to work quickly and efficiently as well as staying organized at all times. Also providing amazing customer service.
Pros
Free Sub
Cons
Hard work
finding new friends
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
the team working in Subway is so good. You will meet new people either co worker or customers.It is wonderful to find new friends. You get familiar with health issues and its importance.

the salary is not enough and no insurance.

But it is a good place for getting customer service experience.

If someone can not attend one day it will be hard to handle lunch time, but it will give you good feeling when you do it!

As general working with different people and culture is kind of interesting.
Pros
deal with different customers
Cons
standing all the time
description of my duties
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 July 2017
It takes a lot of time to do the preparation of the food in order to produce and present the freshest and best quality of food to customers. You have to be passionate about the job to make good subs.
Travail d equipe
Gerante (Former Employee) –  La Baie, QC2 July 2017
Tres belle exepierience de travail pendant 5 ans . J adorais le travail d equipe .
Pros
Repas gratuit
Cons
Salaire
Lärorik och produktiv arbetsmiljö
Medarbetare, sommar (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Kanada.2 July 2017
Jobbade 3 månader sommaren 2014 på SUBWAY i staden Toronto, Kanada. Frågan till hur jag fick jobb på SUBWAY i Kanada var för att jag hade kontakter och åkte till Kanada med mellanrum då familj är bosatt där.
Det bästa med att ha jobbat på SUBWAY utomlands är att man har varit i en miljö och atmosfär, helt olik Sveriges och samtidigt kunnat träna upp engelskan och träffat så underbara kunder.
Pros
Gratis Luncher
Cons
Fanns inga direkta nackdelar
fast paste job
Didsbury - Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Didsbury, AB30 June 2017
A typical day was cleaning, food preparation, customer service and money handling.
i learned how to use the till, money and time management. communication skills.
management was good but lacked communication skills with their employees.
the hardest part of the job was when it was under high pressure.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the co workers.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad communicaton
productive and nice place to work
Langley BC Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 June 2017
typical day at work, busy during lunch but manageable working as team. what I learn, is to serve better the customer and make sure the customer happy after they order. Management is fine. workplace culture is fine and nice. hardest part of the job, is to deal a bad and rude customer. most enjoyable part of the job is, is to appreciate what you did and make sure the customer give them a proper order, also i also have a friendly workmate in store.
Pros
free atleast 2 uniforn
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8