Subway Employee Reviews

Subway
Restaurant Worker (Current Employee) –  Selkirk, MB31 December 2017
Good work place with friendly co-workers. I am the store opener, I am not getting as many hours as I would like and am looking for part time or full time employment, thanks for your consideration
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough hours
Poor management
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, ON31 December 2017
The hours were inconsistent, several shifts through the week were only for a few hours and then the weekend shifts were usually 8 hours minimum.
Closing the store takes far to long and there is no one working with you late at night to help out.
Best Job Ever
Sandwich Artist (Main Closer) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 December 2017
Working at Subway was by far one of my favourite jobs. The atmosphere was perfect & the position was awesome. I had so much fun working here & would definitely do it again.
Pros
Free Six Inch
Super slow
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB28 December 2017
I worked at a very quiet location. After you'd finish all the prep work and cleaning ( usually took a couple hours) you could just sit around and play on your phone. So easy. Sometimes I could watch 3 movies on Netflix in one shift
Pros
Free food. Easy work
Cons
Long hours (for me) boring
productive work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 December 2017
its best place to work for initial working as i learn lot of new things like how to talk with customers and how to handle angry customers. how we can manage the messed up situations and overall best subs.
Pros
we use to have free lunch and friendly co workers
Cons
nothing
must be fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 December 2017
subway is somewhere where you will learn how to do everything - cooking, cleaning, customer service, etc. You learn a lot but that also means that you have to do a lot, and you must do it all at a fast pace.
Pros
free food
Cons
lots to do
This job is 8 hours a day but feels like 24 hours. The owner can call and text anytime even in our personal leisure time.
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON27 December 2017
Working at Subway is like working like animal. You are not treated as an employee but you are treated as slave. It feels like with minimum wage they give they are not hiring us they bought us.

I would rather prefer to work in McD tims or other franchisee where my dignity and personal space will be maintained and I will be treated like a human being.

Its my helplessness that I have to work in Subway.
Pros
Only free lunch
Cons
Stressful, pressurize work environment, improper management, and so many to describe
Good workplace and great trainers.
Sandwich artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 December 2017
i learned a lot about customer service and it was the first Canadian experience for me.Plus the new product lines were always motivating and made us learn new things, breaking the monotony.
Pros
free sub lunch
High Priority for Customer Care
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Sioux Lookout, ON21 December 2017
Great Team Work gives Best Output.

Could not have asked for better management.Very understandable owners come manager. Treated their employees like family. All employees are productive, humorous and very safe working with food and train their employees to follow all procedures to standard. Overall Subway was absolutely an amazing company to work for. 5 stars with no doubt.
Good team
SANDWICH ARTIST (Current Employee) –  subway,norwich ave,woodstock21 December 2017
It is really good to work in subway . really good team work and good work environment.
- The management is really good over here.
-I learnt many things such as how to work in fast pace work environment and how to solve problems.

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
Best place ive ever worked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cumberland Beach, ON20 December 2017
Could not have asked for better management.Very understandable bosses. Treated their employees like family. All employees are productive, humorous and very safe working with food and train their employees to follow all procedures to standard. Overall Subway was absolutely an amazing company to work for. 5 stars with no doubt,
Pros
Management and staff :)
Cons
Can not think of one bad thing about this workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2017
Enjoying my job everyone is so nice learn how to manage time and how to work with confidence good to go in everything right now atmosphere is friendly
Pros
Free sandwich
Cons
Didn’t get proper hours
Fun place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 December 2017
Great place to work.learing new things.prep food.bakeing beard and cookies and get soup ready .make sandwich and help costumers out with making their sandwich
Pros
Great job
Cons
Great hours
good workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 December 2017
i got valuable experience while working there and i polished my number of skills. like as how to interact with customers and so on. i learnt how to can i give good customer service.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
less busy
Worst job don't apply here
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON15 December 2017
the managers are bad, the staff is alright, the hours suck stressful every single day. Honestly there are so much better jobs out there, at least from my experience working there was the worst experience of my life, when they decide they are done with you they will just lower your hours they don't care you got bills to pay.
Pros
free subs
Cons
the work
Not recommend this job
Food service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 December 2017
Duty itself is not hard. Easy to learn, however it is so stressful.

Mostly I used to work alone even it is busy or not which means no support and totally exposed for danger especially in the late night.

Schedule was flexible, I could get my day off on my favor days.

There were no conflicts between my coworkers or employer because as I mentioned before, I had stayed alone. But so many cheap and crazy people bothered me instead.

Never rise of payment.

Homeless and drug people often come to my store and steal something or use their drug.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lonely
Read Below
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 December 2017
• Assembled sandwiches for customers to their liking.
• Kept front dining area clean by wiping tables, mopping and sweeping, and front stock.
• Cleaned dishes and assisted in food preparation in the back of the store.
• Worked on front till, includes ringing in orders and handling money.
Pros
Half off sandwiches
Cons
Unflexible hours
Productive and fun environment with a great team
SANDWICH ARTIST/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
Every shift was different working at Subway. Although we had estimated daily sale rates, the customer flow always varied. I learned a lot about customer service in the ways of how you should approach a customer based on their actions, and how you can compromise in order to guarantee full satisfaction. Management strongly believed in the workplace culture and making it a fun, yet professional environment. The hardest part of the job was multitasking all jobs during rushes and shifts I spent working alone when there should have been another staff member on shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with customers and making a memorable impression. The best part of my days was serving customers who recognized me.
Pros
Free sandwhiches
Cons
Staff shortages during peak hours
Fun but stressful
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Plessisville, QC13 December 2017
I worked there as a young student. I met some other students that were really fun to work with. I didn't only meet good people but what I can say is that you can learn from working directly with clients.

The salary wasn't really good, but overall, it is great since you may have fun, by interacting with young co-workers while doing your job correctly.

Deserves 3 stars, good for students but would definitely not recommend for any other person.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Stress, salary
enjoyable work environment.
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Minden, ON13 December 2017
i enjoyed the work of making subs for people and prepping food however i found at times management could tend to be very lazy a lot of the time, the work was not hard it mostly consisted of making sandwiches for customers with a positive attitude towards the customers as well as prepping food such as vegetables and meats, there was also some cleaning work included like sweeping and mopping and dishes and there was also tasks like baking breads and cookies as well as filling the pop cooler and the chips rack. all in all i liked my job however i did not always agree with how my manager went about doing things most days.
Pros
free 12" sub per 7 hours or longer shifts, free 6" per 6 hours or less shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8