Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Learning experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2015
It was kind of like working in a production line, one person takes orders, the next person would make the sub and another would be at the cash register. Good learning experience for dealing with rush hour and customers.
Good Place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Free Subs
Cons: Short/Limited Hours
Good and fun place to work, unfortunately hours were limited. Management was nice but coudnt efficiently manage workers with hours.
Fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Bonavista, NLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Good people, fun, and easy to get a long with.
Cons: Not enough hours.
It's a fun place to work and the people I work with are really easy to get along with. If you need a day off you don"t have any trouble getting someone to cover your shift and then working it back for them.
Salary is decent but really poor management
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Clearview, Red Deer, ABJune 28, 2015
Ever since the actual manager went on vacation starting at the end of May, there is no one to replace his spot to work but there will be an OIC. Now, with one less worker, there'll be more hours for us which is a good thing but I can't do that because June is the exam month and I have told them 3 months before June that I need day offs and the actual manager did not even consider it because, "we're going to have less people". What I'm saying is that, if you as a manager already know obviously that you'r going to be understaffed because you, yourself is going to a planned long vacation, then might as well hire people before you leave. I told them, I'm quitting so, the OIC told me we could fix the schedule right away and so she did, but with their worry that I'm going to quit? Now, exams are done, I was assigned to work full-time summer and another one quit, so 2 less workers. The Clearview are is growing in population wise because of the new homes being built and Subway Clearview only have 4 staff that has to work up to 11 hours straight with no SITTING breaks because you have to work everytime to finish up. I was required to work yesterday, June 27 up to 11 hours because there are only 3 people who can work including me. The way I experienced it wasn't right. If the OIC already knew that I need to work for that long, then I should be given at least an hour long break, either right away or in intervals. Every piece of decision they do is just poorly judge or maybe, it's because of less workers mean more money for the manager and OIC. They say they're the best team for jobs, I don't think so.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 24, 2015
Pros: working long shifts got me a free 6inch sandwich.
Cons: Manager didn't treat me the same way he treated other co-workers.poor treatment.
On a typical day.
- Prep the counter area for future orders
- Created sandwiches as requested by customers
- Assisted with closing duties
- Maintained a safe and sanitary restaurant environment

My co-workers were very friendly and easy going people.

The hardest part of the job would be serving rude customers.

Overall the job was enjoyable.

I learned time management, I learned to budget my paychecks and also I learned more about subway
Fun Job
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 24, 2015
I wasn't paid on time which eventually was a factor on my departure of the job
Although it was easy to show up to work every day
My co-workers were all very friendly easy to get along with and made things comfortable and provided help when I was learning
The hardest part probably was the lunch time rushes
Productive and great place to have customer service.
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJune 23, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: Work till 3am
I enjoyed working at Subway because, I love to serve customers, I love working with other team members. I also loved closing the store Monday-Friday. I am a very organized person, and I have done a lot of multi-tasking.
its good experience
Customer Service (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 17, 2015
This is my first job ,where i learn how to deal ,talk and maintain relationship with Canadian .As I am international nursing students ,its quite difficult for me to do this profession job because in India I work as a nurse .but I am satisfied at a level because I know its starting of journey .I think its nice experience.My manager and collages support me,very quickly i learn all things .Its enjoyable as well as new learning experience for me .
Busy Little spot
keyholder (Former Employee), pembroke, ontarioJune 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: unstable hours
Family owned and operated restaurant, managers try to accommodate your needs. Unfortunately the hours were unpredictable at best and the coworkers were unreliable.
excellent workplace with flexible hours.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Didsbury, ABJune 16, 2015
Pros: excellent boss
Cons: Long hours
I worked at the Subway in Didsbury Alberta for the past year and a half during my high school years and it is a very fun and energetic place to work. The owners and management staff are very kind and willing to work the hours that you work around a busy schedule. All they ask in return is a good work ethic and a job well done. The overall working experience at this restaurant is excellent and I highly recommend this job to all looking for a job in the Didsbury area.
subway
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Gibbons, ABJune 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short hours
the management is really bad i haven't gotten a raise in 3 months the employees are hard to work with but it is allright place the hours were great the food were awsome
Love working on a small team, easier to get to know your coworkers.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Brossard, QCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free 6 inch every 5 hours.
A typical day at Subway for me involved baking breads, and cookies, heating soups, preparing meats and veggies.
Making sandwiches according to formulas and working the cash.
When peak hours were over, cleaning up, dishes, filling the unit, etc.

I learned to deal with unsatisfied customers, how the menus worked, prices, combos, etc. Learned to manage my time with the tasks I had to accomplish.

I got along with all my co-workers.

There wasn't really a hard part of the job that i can remember.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making friends with coworkers and interacting with the regular customers.
fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKJune 14, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: low wage
Always busy helped with kitchen prep in mornings, then served customers their orders. Mixed drinks. I learned how to multi task more efficiently and quickly. My supervisor was quite accomadating and willing to train me when required. My co-workers were more like family. The hardest part of the job was helping my guests who had had to many drinks find safe ways home. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different clientele that would come in depending on the season
Productive, good work enviornemt, not enough hours
Sandwich artist (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJune 14, 2015
Pros: Easy going enviornemtn
Cons: Not enough hours
Subway is an easy going fast paced environment, good job for people with little job experience. Great place to develop team work skills and customer service skills.
Fun and Friendly Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches/ snacks
Cons: Only 1-2 workers at a time
Overall, the work environment was fun and friendly. Co-workers were hard working as well as managers and supervisors strived to keep their employees happy.
Fun Workplace
Cashier duties/Customer service (Former Employee), Ladnor, BCJune 2, 2015
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: none
Very fun staff and enjoyable workplace. Always busy so time flies by fast. Work is not all that repetitive and get to engage with customers everyday.
productive and fun place to work at.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Edson, ABJune 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks
taking care of regular duties and the customer lineups in busy hours,learned to take complaints positively and improve. very nice staff to work with, the most enjoyable part is when it gets busy and everyone is trying their best to provide the customers with the best.
fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free 6" sub during your shift, and free refreshments.
Cons: supposed to work 8 hr shift and be sent home after a 6 hr shift @ 40 hrs/wk
a typical day at work preparing meats, and veggies for sandwiches.
I have learned to respect the costumer.
Management of the company is a little messed up at times.
"some" of the people you work with can be "Very" rude.
the hardest part of the job is having 3-4 people tell you what to do.(treating you like a Yo-Yo)
the most enjoyable part of the job is waiting on the costumer, and having respect for the public and their needs/wants.
I was shown great support by the restaurant owner and he taught me every details about how to be a restaurant operator or similar business owner.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Welland, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free subs, great support from the store owner, family gettogether.
Cons: Didn't raise the wage even after promotion.
I worked 40 hours per week.
I learned almost everything during my 17 months of employment from 'how to make sub' to 'how to run the store'. During that time, I got opportunities to involve in all kind of works related to that store. From cleaning to handling money.
my experience
o Server (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: some times closing takes long time
i got an opportunity to work one of the busiest subway in Niagara region.It was the great exposure in my life to develop my career and personality.The atmosphere in the subway was so friendly and the owner was so meticulous and benevolent.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more