Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,417 reviews matching the search
Good Work place
Roistering staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
• Carrying out frequent checks of the Restaurant, Dining Room, Lounge and Kitchen.
• Roistering staff in accordance with business needs.
• Setting targets with clear standards and time scales.
• Supporting, developing and motivating staff.
• Co-ordinating both the front and back of house operations.
• Supervising the shifts of waiting, kitchen and cleaning staff to ensure that peak periods are fully covered.
• Arranging staff rotas so that there is optimum cover during peak restaurant trading periods.
Pros
Pleasent
Cons
Workload
First time direct interaction with customers.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 November 2016
It was really fun to make sandwiches with help of customers. I just had to satisfy customers to get them their great sandwich. Staff was co-operative and nice in behavior too. I was interacting customers directly for first time in Canada. It was good experience though.
Not a very good company to be employed for
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, ON22 November 2016
does not treat employees fairly or equally. location manager thought she was above everyone rather than a team player.
working at subway is a good experience for me.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2016
Subway is a good place to work with as we meet new people and interact with them.Moreover by working here it developed various interprsonal skills in me like my communication skills have become better than before, costumer service has developed, I have developed more patience while working with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
busy and pessure job
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2016
It was usually a busy day that involved handing customers and making sandwiches. The management was organised. The most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring customer satisfaction by answering their questions and proving solution to any problem.
Productive and Learning New things
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Experience of working in one of the most busiest Subway in Toronto with management and leadership skills developement at every point of stage and time
Pros
Free lunch and fun to work
Cons
Work alone in the busiest store at nights, sometimes only two people working whole day with around minimum of 4000 dollars sales daily
Enjoyable Workplace
Jr. Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2016
Working at Subway, for the most part, was a great environment to be in. I learned plenty about dealing with customers and how to be more independent as an employee.The hardest part of the job is dealing with roadblocks, such as running out of certain products. The most enjoyable part was the relationships built with the people you worked with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not much accommodation for scheduling needs
Easy but no benefits
Cashier and Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2016
It is a quite simple job which involves lots of team and customer communication but the only negative thing is that they offer no benefits at all
it was good working there
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2016
they had meetings and it was very informational and i was able to understand what to do and i learned i can work the cashier fast and i just needed to learn how to do some stuff
Pros
the manager, workers
Productive and good wprkplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2016
Bake breads and cookies throughout the day.
Wash, peel and cut salads and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
Check food temperatures regularly to ensure safety standard requirements are meet.
Ensure customers’ orders are prepare correctly.
Assist customers with menu questions and concerns.
Handle cash, take phone calls and delivery of supplies.
Open and close store when required.
Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils.
Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
Coordinate with co- workers.
Pros
Free Lunch
laid back work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Longlac, ON15 November 2016
laid back work place. We got a lot of breaks. When there was nothing to do we would sit around. Usually worked with one other person. My coworkers were outgoing and super funny. Most enjoyable part of the job was every shift was 2-3 hours.
Pros
2 free subs
Cons
not constant business
alright
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 November 2016
My safety was at rick for working there so I quit. The customers were awesome but the staff didn't know what they where doing, and I had to do over time and not get paid for it
Pros
people
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 November 2016
- I open five days a week from Monday to Friday. I usually arrive work at 5:30am and I start preparing everything for lunch, it is usually busy.
- I learned how to establish a good working relationship with customers, communicate with customers, to be responsible during work, and to be organized and on time for everything.
- I work with my manager everyday, it is very fun to work with her, we do everything as a team work.
- The hardest part of working in subway is doing everything by myself, I come in the morning and start cutting vegetables, preparing meat, baking bread, changing all the containers, and cleaning.
- the most enjoyable part of subway is to interact with different customers, making customers happy with my service; that is our restaurant goal.
Pros
Polite manager, fun to work with my coworkers
Cons
No increasing salary, no benifit
Flexible with life balance
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 November 2016
Subway is a good starter job. Not only does it make you learn how to manage a lot of tasks all together but it enhances your customer service skills such as problem solving and being sure that customers are happy at their experience to the restaurant. At subway you manage doing skills such as dishes, preparing veggies and meats, making the subs, cashing clients out, and doing cleaning tasks. After working there for three years, I have gained good enough skills to be able to open the restaurant as well as close the restaurant. This was a great first part time job.
Cashier/Sandwich Maker
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 November 2016
I enjoyed my position at Subway. The staff was absolutely great, kind and caring. The hours were not stable. My hours would change as the days went by. I was unable to continue working with their hours.
Fun and stressful sometimes
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB12 November 2016
Great employer. I got bonuses and free meals. It's fun working there but sometimes it is stressful. It depends whom you're working with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Good environment to work in,cooperative team members
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Panchkula, Haryana11 November 2016
The work place is overall fun if you co-operate with your team members as per required. It is just not my or your work it is our work and that was one of the best things i liked about working in subway.Our supervisor was great no pressure on the employee no matter how busy the store used to get. Overall i have more good things to say then bad
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
long hours sometimes
Subway assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Alfred, ON11 November 2016
Productive place with very nice people to work ith .
Good customer. Clean place . Good management. ....................................... thank you 😀
very productive and friendly environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
i was working there for few months, co-worker and the other staffs are friendly. the only thing i do not like is the smell in the company.
i have gained a good experience there
easy and fun
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB10 November 2016
easy and fun workplace and we have team work. the most enjoyable part of the job is to serving costumers give what they want withsmile. management is great we're like a family here/
Pros
free lunch
Cons
7-8hours/day

2.8