Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good experience
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 3, 2014
I had the opportunity to learn more about the food industry. I learned about various methods and preparation that goes into making a sandwich.
Being a sandwich artist
Server (Former Employee), Sturgeon Falls, ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i loved subway when i started working there! it was my favourite!
Cons: now i can't eat at subway anymore, after making so many subs, i just can't.
It was difficult preforming the cash register, the baking of the bread, preparation of the veggies, cleaning and making the sub all at once. I would have enjoyed two people on the floor at all times.
Great team to work with ! Always had fun while keep busy and working !
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Amherst, NSOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free 6inch meal-deal with 6hrs worked, 12inch meal-deal with 8+hrs worked, free uniform + great team workers :)
Cons: poor management.
Typical day at work was always a blast ! cleaning, doing the necessary chores and duties expected, But being in/working with a group of 2-3 people daily, Made it all the much better.

I learned things I didn't originally know about the company, and got to meet a select few of amazing people !

Management -Made my job, less enjoyable, and they were probably – more... the hardest part of my job as well, I felt as if I wasn't apart of the team when certain others were present, I felt as if they defiantly has their favorites and weren't afraid to show it.

My co-workers were my favorite part of work, other then dealing with my customers ! They all had amazing personalities and we all had a laugh and a great time when any of us were working together.

I left my job at subway in July of 2014, I had broken my foot on Canada day and wasn't able to work for 4-6weeks, Because of me breaking my foot, and me still being on my probation period, Subway "Fired" me, I don't agree with it, as it makes they're company look terrible, But it's completely legal, as I was in my 3 month probation period.

Other then that mix-up and the poor management skills, I defiantly recommend working at Subway !

EAT FRESH ! – less
Subway what can i say
Sandwich Artist - Temporary/ Part Time (Former Employee), Barrie. ONOctober 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
It was all good I had a ruff getting started I was trained poorly my . for the howl time I was there I was not trained on how to cook/make bred witch is a very big part of the job. the people that work there are all ways high strung and upset at something. so good luck to people that work at subway in the future
Fast and efficient at the busiest time.
Co-Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: bing organize.
Cons: working till very late.
I learned team work, customer service and management.
The hardest part of the job was the moments that I knew I've done everything perfectly but there was some technical issue coming up or the employee was not showing up and I had to work much harder to cover the absent employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the moment I was going reaching – more... the sell I was aiming. – less
Great place to work for
Afternoon Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: night shifts
Worked at a Toronto location with a diverse team. The atmosphere was always clean, inviting and exciting to work in. Management was exceptionally understanding and much better than most other employers that I have worked for.
This job was my first job in niagara falls
Cashier (Former Employee), niagara fallsSeptember 28, 2014
like to work everywhere i worked. It was a whole new experience in working two separate industry. Hospitality and fast food. Both of the industry gave me one important thing which will stay with me i.e. customer service. Handling customer complaints, solving problem, managing team and main part is running the show. But i liked a lot working there.
Efficient in all duties.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Canada ABSeptember 24, 2014
Good Customer Service.
Up selling Products.
Food Safety and Hygiene.
good work training
A travailler comme caissière et commis (Former Employee), montrealSeptember 22, 2014
First off, serving food is not a job meant for everyone. It is reserved for patient people. Subway teaches you hard work because you are standing up for 9-10 hours a day dealing with bad smelling frozen food.
Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: subs
Cons: long hours, the smell
Not the best place to work, but the people were amazing! management wasn't the best but i mean they tried they're hardest. Nothing hard about this job.
Customer dealing
Cashier (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Acquired good customer service skills and cash handling skills. Learnt how to work in a fast faced environment.
Productive and Interesting workplace
ANY (Former Employee), BRAMPTON, ONSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: extra hours
TEAMWORK, PUNCHUALIT AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
ALL TEAM MEMBERS ARE VERY HARDWORKING, CO-OPERATIVE BEHAVIOUR and OPTIMISTIC
EVERY PART OF MY JOB IS AMAZING
My First job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Regina, SKSeptember 19, 2014
- Easy and had lot of Fun

- The place where I learned everything about customer service

- I was Trainer for new hires too after 5 months..

- Time flexibility was good

- I felt like I was working for my own business
was good while it lasted
Daytime Manager (Former Employee), Altona, MBSeptember 17, 2014
The company didn't last very long.Was good while I was there. Was able to talk to people all around the world.
Every day work life!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Penticton, BCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, co-workers as friends.
Cons: rarely got a raise. not enough recognition.
It was a very fun job and I learned a lot about customer service, food safety and cleanliness. This job was very repetitive which was a good and also bad thing! I got very good at this job, very quickly and did as much as I could to make life at work easier for everybody. My boss was awesome, she worked very hard and treated everyone fairly. The most – more... enjoyable part of my job was seeing the elderly people happy whenever you spoke with them about their lives. – less
always something new
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Forest, ONSeptember 17, 2014
since this type of job had alot of ups and downs, there was always something different going on that had to be dealt with everyday.
fun easy job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 10, 2014
learned how to work as a team, and how to managae money and customer service.
not a fun place for me
Customer Service/Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), StoufffvilleSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: not enough poor teaching skills/ not enough training
I worked at Subway for a short time, due to their lack of training. This job was not one of my favourites.
If you are not properly trained then it cause trouble with customers and you fall behind. I brought it up to the manager but it never got past that conversation.. Poor Poor team building and this exhibited poor leadership skills. I rate this very – more... low – less
Productive and fun place to work!
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free 6-inch each shift.
Cons: rush hours
A typical day at Subway would be opening at 9 am, being there by 8:30 am. Getting prep done, taking everything out of the fridges and counting the till. Once all that's done (which it should be by the time 9 am comes around, you'll be taking customers. When they order, you need to get it done within 1 1/2 minutes. While you're dealing with customers, – more... you have to keep up with the prep, met the requirements for health and safety by rotating foods and checking the temperatures when needed to. When closing comes around, you need to make sure that all the cleaning, putting away, doing prep, counting the till and taking out the garbage is done by the time you have to close the store. There's a lot to it, but with the right time management, you can get everything thats suppose to be done and things that need to be done, done. – less
Great coworkers and location
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, ManitobaSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: free subs
Cons: work alone at night, can get too busy for one person alone to handle
An excellent place to work for part time as hours are very flexible.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more