Subway Employee Reviews

Subway
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 November 2017
When I would arrive their I would start by check the breads and how much of the supplies left. once I was done checking all the supplies I would stand by the order station to help create the subs for the customers. I learned patience and confidence working at subway. I would usually get my break around 2 hours after I started. I would enjoy making subs for myself and putting everything I feel like on the sub. the hardest part of the job was cleaning and scrubbing everything once we were done.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Far away
loved working at subway
artist (Former Employee) –  Comox Valley, BC5 November 2017
i loved working at subway,people may think its just subway, but really its not. it was a home away from home. opening the store and closing, training people, prep, cleaning , and serving customers was very tricky at first. but it was my home and i loved being around people making new friends and making the customers happy.
This is one of the best places I have worked I enjoyed the people the culutre and the move fast mentality. I am sad I ever left and think they are doi
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 November 2017
This is one of the best places I have worked I enjoyed the people the culture and the move fast mentality. I am sad I ever left and think they are doing big things and moving in the right direction,
Fun, made new friends
Sandwich maker, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 November 2017
The experience I had at subway was a fun and very busy one. There was always something to do and talk to.This job also helped me learn about a big chain business.
Pros
new friends
Cons
travel distance
Only Work Here if you Hate Yourself
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 November 2017
Management doesn't train each employee with consistency. Half the employee's don't give a gosh darn rootin' toot and don't do their jobs, so you're left to pick up the slack. No opportunity for advancement unless you want to become assistant manager and be on-call on weekends for an extra 50 cents per hour. No discounts.
Pros
You can be high as a kite
Cons
You'll have suicidal tendencies
lot of work
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON2 November 2017
I work alone in overnight shifts and sometimes it gets too busy specially on Friday night. Along with serving customers I have a long list of work to do in kitchen which I always completed and never get any complain for any wrong thing. My manager appreciate my work almost all the time.
1st job in canada
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK2 November 2017
this is 1st job in canada of course feel nervous worries to how to assist the customer and how to handle other people. latter on i am a confident of my self.
A Great Starting Opportunity
Assistant Manager/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
Subway is a great place to work if you're just starting out and are looking for experience. There are some opportunities for advancement if you're great at your job and motivated to do extra.
Pros
Free lunch; fun environment; great customers
Cons
Terrible pay; poor work/life balance; not much flexibility
Fast paced, and not rewarding
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON29 October 2017
This was my first ever job, and it was really great, to begin with.

The job was easy at first, but then after I worked there for a few months, I began to realize how difficult it was working there. Now don't get me wrong, the work is easy, or at least the prep work is, but having to cut veggies while also serving every customer because you are working alone, really sucks.

I worked at a very popular Subway, so it was constantly busy, and for some reason, every shift I worked I was alone. It was awful. I once had to work an 11-hour shift, all alone.

All in all, expect an "it sounds fun" and "I'll never get sick of subs" kind of job, but in reality, it's really just okay, and nothing more.
Pros
Discount on Subs
Cons
Always busy, not enough staff
Productive and Good Service.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB27 October 2017
This company is good enough to the staff and customer. everybody has a good working relationship with each other and also with the customers. I left because i got another job with benefits.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No Benefits
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 October 2017
my day begin with making bread and set up work station . making sure i had all the tools i would need for the day .serving customers and dealing with cash / debit . the hardest part was the slight language barrier do to i speak very little french and understand a little bit
Pros
got to take home left over subs
subway
Full time employment (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB27 October 2017
Great place to work at. This location is in Oronoco new Brunswick. I got to learn alot of great responsibility as well as amazing customers in the area.
Cashier, Sandwich Artist
Food Service Worker, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 October 2017
- Debit, credit, cash, gift card, and coupon transactions.
- Preparing all the food such as sandwiches, soups, salads, cookies.
- Inventory counts.
The hardest part of the job was seeing costumers upset and the most enjoyable was getting through a big line of costumers without them getting impatient.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rushes
Fun and Productive work place
Sandwich Artist/Cashier/food counter attendant (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB24 October 2017
I like a busy and positive atmosphere. Positive workers produce positive results. And in turn give a worker a sense of accomplishment. The most important thing to me would be a sense of job security.
Pros
Equal opportunity employer
Cons
Negative customer attitudes
i found subway to be a no stress inviroment i loved working with the staff easy to get along with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 October 2017
during my time at subway I met great people staff and customers,managment was great to work with never had to problems was a stress free zone no judgement I come to work say hello sign in and start food prep making bread greeting customers making sandwiches handling cash if I had to say anything about the hardest part of my job I guess would be the cleaning not so hard
Pros
free lunch great people clean fresh food
Cons
Very good environment to work.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON24 October 2017
You never feel bored. I found it very interesting to work at subway. Even now I am able to work like 12 hour shift without getting tired. I feel like at home when i am working at subway.
Pros
You can have free lunch and drink.
Cons
Sometimes it gets really busy and you never get time to do thr rest of the work when you are alone.
subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2017
I didn't work here for vary long but the manager was a very understanding and nice lady and there was a bonus of getting free food every shift which was a fan of
Pros
free food
Cons
can be hard to get hours
Great Hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 October 2017
Its ok place to work, I worked for many Subways, mostly the only thing that changes is the attitudes of co-workers so easier than others to work with.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
pay
productive and fun place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2017
working at this place I learn management skills, team work and the most important thing completion of work on time.
The hardest part of the job is when suddenly call for sick and continue to work and cover the shift of that person.
Pros
excellent management
Unsatisfactory
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2017
Pay scale is low as compared to the amount of job that are to be fulfilled. No benefits of any sort. A typical day at work is full of pressure as there is only one person handling all sorts of jobs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Low pay scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8