Subway

Subway Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
harmonious workplace
Clerk (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: teamwork and learn to balance my study and work
Cons: no potential promotion
I really enjoy working in Subway since each of our co-workers are very friendly. In this workplace, everyone liked to help the others so that we finished each task efficiently.
Friendly workplace, Great coworkers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Milton, ONJune 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch while working
Cons: unorganzied shedualing
At Subway I learned how to manage my time efficiently, as well as customer service skills. Although, I did not get many hours I worked my best on every shift I did receive.
Its an awesome and great place to work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), 499 main streetJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: work more and more
Fast paced environment.
I learnt that Customers are always right on their side.
Energetic workplace
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), calgary,abJune 23, 2014
There is no typical day yet. This job learned me Management skills.
Precise Decision maker and Problem Solver
Customer Service (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2014
Pros: free dinner
I am enjoying working at subway. I learnt how to serve customer and how to talk with them which helped me a lot to improve my communication skills. I also enjoyed working with my co-worker.
Subway
Customer Service (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 16, 2014
Gained some experience into customer service. Was responsible for many tasks such as closing. Often did these task by myself, which helped broaden my organizational skills.
Working part time and gain many skills like team work, customer handling
Customer representative and food preparation (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Great working part time with subway canada.
Working according to company aspect and maintaining the quality.
GOOD FOR A PART TIME JOB
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), HAMILTON ONTARIOJune 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: less hours
It was good overall. but there was no job security so i dont prefer this job. and they just pay me the minimum pay.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2014
Perform food safety and standardization audits on food items Perform inspections and daily tests on food items to ensure food safety
Assisting with HACCP, GMP and Health and Safety procedures.
Perform preventative and general maintenance on food production equipment
Checking temperatures of food products, doing inventories,
Baking breads and cookies
Discouraging place to work, negative energy
sandwich artist (Current Employee), Kirkland Lake, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: everything else
Subway is not a good job experience because there is a flow of negative energy always going through there, they tell you that you can always work harder and be faster and be cheaper on peoples food. No one can get along because everyone plays mind games trying to trick each other, most childish place to work,
Decent and A good starting job
Sandwich Artist/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Woodstock, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor management
Subway is a good place to work if it is your first job. Either than that, there is little to no room to move up. The management could be better and the lack of communication between employees and owners is lacking. For students and people looking for a steady job Subway is a good place to start.
team work as well as independent work
Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: free sandwitch and juices and chips.
Cons: short hours
I learned lots of things from this job such as management, food safety, customer services, etc.
I did everything at that store such as doing inventory, taking customer orders, making sandwich as well as arrange deliver items.
I am able to work in any kind of situation, so i didn`t face that much difficulty in that job. I really enjoy my job with my – more... co-workers. – less
Amazing Customers and Staff!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONJune 8, 2014
Pros: good hours, awesome co-workers, great customers, free food and drink
Cons: too much pressure on one person, concern for safety working numerous hours alone with multiple tasks at hand.
I loved working at Subway for the most part. I had decent hours and minimum wage. I got to work with an awesome manager and co-workers, as well as serving amazing customers who I loved to make happy! My day would start at 5pm and from 7pm to 11pm I would be on my own, doing the closing shift. I had to wash dishes, answer the phone if anybody called, – more... serve and cash out customers, clean the entire store every night, prep things as needed as well as for the next day, count the till, do cash drops and close/lock up every Monday to Friday. The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle all of the tasks I had to do on my own while tending to customers. The owners of the store should have allowed my manager to keep somebody else with me until at least 9:30pm just in case it got busy, like it normally did, or if I had an emergency, such as accidentally hurting myself. Also me and all the other co-workers were supposed to get a raise to 10.75 but none of us ever got it, and the people still working there still never received the raise that was told and shown to us. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and seeing happy customers come back when I was in working just for my customer service. Making the customers happy is my number one goal! – less
was great learning experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 6, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: too far from home
was one of my first jobs that gave me fast food experience, but needed a job closer to home
A very productive environment
Sub Maker (Former Employee), Vaugh MillsJune 3, 2014
Pros: there was none
Cons: not enough shifts
My typical day in Subway is, I help take orders and make sub. The next thing I do is clean, after that I refill ingredients and go to the back to cut the meat and make the bread.

I learnt how to makes a well done sub.

The management was not the greatest, but it has the potential to get better.

My co-workers were amazing. They helped me a long the – more... way, which made me an better employee.

The hard part was making sure the costumers were satisfied, but I managed to please the costumers all the time. The other hard things were learning how to make a clean sub and learning the finger technics in when picking the vegetables.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers and working as a team. I enjoy others company, so I have no problem working with others. – less
Good work experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Azilda, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours
Great place to learn how to be responsible and manage stress, as well as communicating efficiently with customers and co-workers.
quite okay.
sandwich artist (Former Employee), 2084 lawrence avenue eastJune 2, 2014
Not bad to work in Subway. It is good to work in just part time.
Always having faint smile on my face as I feel exicted at work
Customer service (Former Employee), Ahmedabad, GJJune 1, 2014
Pros: free food, got trained
Cons: long hours when staff is not complete
Always busy restaurant; no matter if it is weekday or weekend.

Learned to have alot of pateince and handle the situation properly.

Great team work; good understanding between employees.

Co-workers were really helpful and co-perative.

Hardest day was a sunday when only half the staff was present to serve subs but that day moulded me into a perfect – more... shape to work by increasing my tendency to work.

I feeled at top of the world when appreciated by customers as well as employer. – less
Flexible hours, free footlong at work
Night Staff Supervisor (Former Employee), Killarney, MBJune 1, 2014
The hours were very flexible and allowed me to do other activities I had going on at the time of my employment there. One perk was the fact you never had to worry about bring your own food while there or purchasing a sub because you got a free footlong when ever you worked.
Average job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), winnipegMay 30, 2014
Takes forever to get a raise with the company. worked there for years and was still on min. wage wasn't worth it.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more