Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,558 reviews matching the search
Decent Entry Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 February 2017
Its a good place to start working. The tasks are simple enough that it gives you confidence and an understanding of working with others, for others. It's a lot of fun when you have a good team to work with and things go by very quick and smoothly when lunch times hits. I would say that some management could use some tweaking. The hardest part of the job I would say is not having a designated lunch break at all. Best part, working in a team and when regular customers would come in.
Pros
Free 6in Sub
Cons
No lunch breaks, Low wage
subway
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 February 2017
not a bad place to work. fast paced. friendly managers and co-workers. I would recommend this for a first time job. there is not too much room for pay raise. but it is a stead income.
Productive and good wprkplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2016
Bake breads and cookies throughout the day.
Wash, peel and cut salads and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
Check food temperatures regularly to ensure safety standard requirements are meet.
Ensure customers’ orders are prepare correctly.
Assist customers with menu questions and concerns.
Handle cash, take phone calls and delivery of supplies.
Open and close store when required.
Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils.
Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
Coordinate with co- workers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Productive workplace, with occasional fun.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Subway Greenbank19 August 2016
A Subways success is determined by the management team, and how the employees are shaped, trained, and taught to perfect subway standard. i learned to do cleaning, and food preparation tasks, to subway standard in a timely manner. Co-workers are always communicating to get closing procedures done, or shortening long lines.
Pros
50% off all food, free fountain drinks
very good
Manager (Current Employee) –  quinte west1 February 2017
I open the store and count the inventory as well as cash. Baking of the bread and cookies are next as well as preperation of meat and vegetables for the daily anticapated sales. I tend to customers needs and all day preparing sandwiches to their liking. The closing at night I clean the entire store and close the days business while depositing the cash for the day. On Tuesday I do an inventory of the entire store, order inwentory for the next weeks business and also have to do the payroll for the week.
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
very long hours
loved to work in a team
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 July 2016
loved working at subway. i learned so many things from here so everything good co workers were nice. i worked full time and part-time there. also had a great time with team and management. I worked the night shifts too so we always were busy but loved the people coming in and the smiling conversations we had. Learning baking and a bit more.
- Free food if you worked 5 hrs or more per shift
- Not as hectic
- Very consistent work per shift
- Lots to do, time goes by fast
Pros
free sandwich when working
Cons
long hours with little breaks
productive and fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 October 2016
a typical day at work consists of washing dishes, cleaning the oven, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, taking out garbage and recycling, preparing food, taking customers, cashier, counting inventory and making bread.
i learned time managment while balancing school and working this job. i learned a good work ethic i help out with more than asked for and stay late at work when needed i work hard for the money i get paid. the most enjoyble part of the job is cooking the food and socializing with different customers. my co-workers have taught me team work and sharing the tasks equally.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short shifts
it was a good beginner job
Customer service reapresentative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 May 2016
working at subway was a good beginner job .there were no benefits long hours with minimal breaks .best part of my job was getting to interact with the customers and my co -workers .Management was iffy .manager never listened to employees and what hours they could work always did what was beneficial to her and assistant manager.
Pros
great way to get experience, made new friends and learned how to interact with customer from all different walks of life
Cons
long hours not many breaks and no free food
I never really found true enjoyment
Sandwich artist, Dishwasher, and Janitor (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 February 2017
During the beginning of my time at Subway, it went pretty well, mainly because I had good colleagues to work with, but as time went on, many of those people left the establishment, leaving it with an empty feeling and a lot of boring, unenthusiastic people. I have also had other friends who have worked at Subway, and they expressed they same feelings that I have.
Pros
Free sub every shift
Cons
Bad hours, pay is low, no benifits
Job Security
Shift Manager & Senior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2016
if your student subway is best place for part time work, life Balance and Job Security is best. however salary and benefits are that that great due to minimum wage.
Productive Workplace
TTC Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2016
Very busy day specially the weekends. I have learned the customer experience. My management and co-workers were very nice. Hardest part was to keep standing for long hours.
Unrewarding
Sandwich Artist (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, AB3 June 2016
- Hard company to work for.
- Never recognized as a valued employee.
- My coworkers were great for the most part. As with every job there were hard days.
- Hardest part of the job was being told I was never doing good enough. Never getting a raise after the years I was there. I worked there for many years on and off.
- I loved talking with the customers and coworkers that I worked with. Developing the relationship I had with everyone was amazing.
Pros
coworkers, customers
Cons
no raises, certain coworkers getting special treatment
it was interesting
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB14 January 2017
In my opinion working at Subway was great at first because the owner was awesome to work for but after he sold the business my work place was ok but no great. I left for personal reasons. Working at Tim Horton's was a good job as well I left because I was pregnant. And as for the rest of my jobs I did my best in working there.
Pros
free meal staff was fun to work with
Cons
not enough days off and long hours
Good environment to work in,cooperative team members
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Panchkula, Haryana11 November 2016
The work place is overall fun if you co-operate with your team members as per required. It is just not my or your work it is our work and that was one of the best things i liked about working in subway.Our supervisor was great no pressure on the employee no matter how busy the store used to get. Overall i have more good things to say then bad
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
long hours sometimes
Consistent working environment with great staff
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2017
I enjoy working at Subway, though because I've worked here for quite a bit of time, I feel it is time to gain more working experience with other companies. The staff are great and very productive and we always complete our tasks together.
Pros
free lunches, is sometimes not busy
Cons
from time to time long hours, many tasks that need to be done
Friendly management and flexible hours!
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 December 2016
Dealing with costumers, promoting sub specials and handling cash. Involves basic cleaning, and knowledge about safe food handling and preparation. Management is excellent, they are extremely flexible with hours, especially for students. Co-workers are friendly as well. Most enjoyable part of the job is the regular costumers who come in: always pleasant!
My Experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 August 2016
The work days were nice and fun. Meet lots of clientele and try to serve them to the best of your ability. You learn how to prep the meats and vegetables along with how to cut the bread properly, placements of the meats and cheese to toasting it just right. The management was fairly good DEPENDING on who's your manager. I personally didn't feel welcome and felt set up to fail most of the time. There was NO warning nor confrontation as to what I was doing wrong. They kept cutting my shifts until I was working only 6 hours a week and had me ask as to why they were getting cut so short. Only then they would give a warning and expect me to fix within two days and this was my second month of working there. I would say the hardest part of the job was to remain calm when there's a lot of people and not over think too much if you are prone to stress.
Pros
Free fountain drinks on shift, free 6 inch or 12 in sub (depends on your shift) discounts on chips, bottled drinks and cookies, tips
Cons
Slow days, the odd rude coworker, rude clientele, standing for long periods of time
productive and fun workplace environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
gain knowledge regarding the importance of health nutrition and food handlind & safety which plays a key part of my work. Over all managing workflow and safety mean while. My coworkers always gave friendly and helping environment plus my best part of the job was to assist customers regarding our new promotions and menus.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
long standing job (sometimes)
Fast pace environment, great team work and communications skills learned
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 February 2017
Working at Subway helped me improve my communication skills. I learned to deal with different types of people.Working there helped me to learn about team work and importance of team effort and management of time. I was always punctual and had good reviews from customers.
No life
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB17 January 2017
Getting called in almost everyday, even on your days off, having to take shifts from kids who have quit from being overwhelmed by lack of help and too much to do, no communication between upper management and everyone else, basically left alone most of the time till you can force yourself to quit
Pros
Free food
Cons
No help, no communication, unfriendly service, hours

2.8