Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,239 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace with great location.
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 31, 2016
Turns out to be good opportunity to learn and build skills like team spirit, leadership and customer service. Cooperating co-workers and supervisors.
Sandwich artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 31, 2016
Excellent customer service
Maintain open lines of communication with team members
Complete sales transactions
Managed a recruitment/selection process for employees
Key holder
Busy place
Sandwich artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Finch ave EMay 31, 2016
Subway is easy place to work but very busy at same time. Less food preparation and very fast paced. Interaction is quite less but frequent. Its tricky to minimize and handle errors due to high volume of customers.
Pros
tips
Cons
too tiring in lunch hours
good place to work i'd say but no growth seen
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
i worked at the airport subway mostly night shifts so not that hard but i mostly pilots and cabin crew coming for a sandwich so was all right the staff was good but the hardest part was the commissary early morning and i'd say the break part was fun
Good fast paced work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Killam, ABMay 30, 2016
Typical day:
- Arrive at work, sign onto shift, inspect uniform
-Food preparation
-Stock fridge unit
-prep sandwiches
-Stock chip rack
-Daily cleaning list
-Clean floors, tables, and bathrooms.

My coworkers were super supportive.
Pros
Free 6" Sub
Cons
Long periods of sandwich prep without breaks.
food service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, ONMay 30, 2016
• Greet customers, take their order, and process transactions as a cashier using cash, debit, and credit
• The ability to effectively communicate and serve customers in a timely manner
• Reduces food waste through tracking average daily sales of food, drinks and cookies.
• Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image
• Prepares sandwiches neatly accordingly to formula and in quick and timely manner
• Computer skills: MS office, internet and email applications
• Strong customer service skills, with the ability to diffuse difficult situations, Positive, highly disciplined, and hardworking
• Outgoing, friendly and cheerful Subway Sandwich Artist knows that customers make the business, believes in delivering high-quality sandwiches and cookies every time.
Awful
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 27, 2016
Awful place to work for. Expected to close after only 2 training shifts by myself, illegally since I was only 17. Management was very unprofessional, I called to tell her that I was not comfortable closing alone since it was against the Canada/Manitoba labor laws & she hung up on me & never answered any of my calls again.
Pros
Free subs, cookies, soup, & drinks
Cons
Awful management
Fun Place to Work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 25, 2016
It's always a joy to go to work! The owners are great and the work is super easy to follow! Took me less than a few weeks to get a flow of things, now I'm extremely confident in my work!
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours
subway provide healthy food .
team member (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 25, 2016
it was my first work experience in Canada and i have learned a lot through this job about how to get interact with different kind of people .overall , it was a great experience.
good job
Sadwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sparwood, BCMay 24, 2016
easy job always something to do, customer's are friendly, management was awesome with schedules and time off and decent hours. always had the right supplies for the job.
Pros
free lunch
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hull, QCMay 23, 2016
I worked there for 6 years , fun workplace , co workers became family , i sometimes miss it!
Being assistant manager gave me a lot of responsibilities , i really enjoyed it.
Was'nt too bad of a job until the manager went all weird
Cashier and Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 23, 2016
Serving customer was the best part of the job. Management was'nt too bad, but when she was in a bad mood, best to stay away until she had calmed down. My co-workers were good people and had good attitudes.
cooperative co workers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 22, 2016
Working at subway seems easy job for everyone,though its little hectic when there is a line up in front of your little eyes ;)At subway we gotta be little more fast than average,cause we get only one minute to serve each customer.Our subway was located at busy location in the centre of city.Though with the co-operative staff and management,I enjoyed every moment working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work load because of busy hours
its a fun loving place, work environment is greet!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
The Subway Restaurant, is owned by my wife, i am helping her to run the store..Store is great, a high volume store, located in the busiest mall of toronto..
Pros
Free in decision making
Cons
dose not feel like you are working!!
Made lot of corporate clients, Independent and Challenging
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2016
Things What I Learned

Time Management is one man element at work. Being Punctual at work will not only looks professional also gain respects from Team and managers.

Multi -tasking is very important thing that i have learned one hand think about the business, other hand receive customer and understand theirs needs, ready to involve any work beyond if it is needed. Focusing on primary job which am doing and side by side plan and organize things which is yet to finish.

Learned about debit and credit cards processing various other cards which are related to finance , and cash receipts. ability to handle cash and cheques and other office work related to paying bills and receiving income
Pros
Responsible in dealing CASH
Cons
perfection
Productive and beneficial workplace,
Employee (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 20, 2016
I worked at subway for almost 2 years.It was great experience for me to deal with different type of customer.when i first started i loved this job, it was a good learning experience for people skills and customer service, i got along great with my managers i was one of the top shift leads beside my two managers, i always worked with a good crew, and the part i liked the most about working here was just getting to know all different kinds of people.
Pros
Great training, faced-paced, and energetic environment.
Cons
Always depends on the franchise, short breaks, no overtime
productive and friendly work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 19, 2016
learnt how to meet deadlines with stressful work day. learn day to day management skills and how to manage workers. Friendly workers.
Fast Pace workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Havelock, ONMay 19, 2016
I would do prep work, make sure everything was ready when the busy rushes came. MY co-workers are my friends from school so we all get along very well. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when I worked. The schedule was made always last minute. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the new people that come by.
subway
empolyee (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMay 18, 2016
I would typically punch in and help out if there were any customers then i would go out and clean all the tables after that i would come to the back and begin to cut the meats and veggies necessary for my prep then when i was done i would change all the garages and sweep and mop the floors
Pros
kept me busy
Cons
enjoyable work environment,learnt customer service skills, flexible work schedule,
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 18, 2016
i have gained my customer service skills as well as communication skills. I also learnt how to handle difficult situations with calm mind such as an angry customer or work load.My experience with co-workers and management was great . All co-workers were very helpful and always there to help each other out in tough timeThe hardest part of the job was to order supplies according to the demand but it is hard to estimate demand of food because the number changes every week.the most enjoyable part was interacting with people from different backgrounds and learning and speaking new languages with people.
Pros
free lunch, free movie and game tickets, free transportation passes
Cons
long schedule hours