Subway
7,505 reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good first job with flexible hours.
Employee (Former Employee), Yarmouth, NSDecember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Great part-time job with flexible hours and an understanding manager. Easily worked around my school work/events. Provided great learning opportunities such as providing customer service and working in a fast paced environment.
Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), OakvilleDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: n/a
It was fun working for subway, there was lots of foods to try and we got one free sandwich every work day. when I worked at subway we also made cookies and I love make them because they smelled great and Loved working with customers. All of the staff was really fun and easy going. The store General Manager was always there to help out when you needed – more... him. – less
It is fast food but was for sure very enjoyable
Sandwich Artist Subway Restaurant (Former Employee), Moncton, NBDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch when there was time
Cons: not enough hours some weeks
Worked a lot of split shifts and the managers relied on me to do most of the heavy inventory lifting due that I am young and energetic. If asked to do something I always respond with sure lets do it. Enjoyed working with my co-workers and we became like a family.
Fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Sandwich, ONDecember 1, 2014
Working at Subway, I was required to work both days and nights. I learned how to make subs at a fast pace for customers, how to prep items such as peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers and sauces. The management team was very nice and respected their employees. As well, my coworkers were very enjoyable to work with.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 30, 2014
I loved working at subway, it was definitely a learning experience. I worked with awesome people and my manager was the best. I learnt how to handle stressful situations with ease.
easy work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), glace bayNovember 30, 2014
Pros: always a fun time at work.
Cons: long days
Made alot of subs
clean work place
was great
always fun people
dead days with no work
morning shifts
subway is a great place to work for part time students
sandwich artist (Current Employee), ajaxNovember 30, 2014
I worked part time at subway. Long hours on your feet but discounted foods is a plus. Good environment too.
Fun work place
Sandwich artist/dishwasher (Former Employee), mcphillips and logan ave winnipegNovember 27, 2014
A typical day at subway was great. I found costumers to be so happy and other staff members were great to talk to. I learned so much at the job. It was the first job i worked at when I went back into the work field. Subway was a great start. They were patient with me and taught me how to bake bread make cookies. They showed me charts how to make subs – more... and before you knew it I was great at making subs again. I didn't mind cleaning the wash rooms or cleaning the tables and washing floors. I enjoyed prepping for the next rush. I learned how to take foods temperatures and how they portioned foods. I didn't have to work the till but I did pay attention to what they were doing so I would be able to do it when I had to. I worked really well with other workers. I would say it was a good job. hardest part of the job was working alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was free pop and sub at the end of the shift. I always took it home for my son. – less
line cook
counter staff (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 25, 2014
long hour ...i like working here had a very great staff..she owned 5 stores..so you got to to all sores..learned alot at this job..still go see all the staff here..i would work here again
prepare sandwich
Food preparation, customer service (Former Employee), caraquet and monctonNovember 25, 2014
had a lot of fun with co worker and the management great place to learn some customer service skill and nice way to pratcie my english
Sandwich Artist
Subway (Former Employee), Ottawa, CanadaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: no room for advancement
Basic subway job. It was great for me because I was in high school and it was the first position I had ever had. I learned the ropes of having a job and enjoyed the customer service aspect.
productive
seasonal staff (Former Employee), Bayshore mall Ottawa OntarioNovember 18, 2014
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: wasn't properly trained
My day at work was usually fast paced. I didn't really learn much because I was only there for a month. The management was okay and so were the co-workers.
fun place to work with great employess
Sandwich Artist (Part-Time Seasonal) (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONNovember 14, 2014
fun everyday you look forward to going to work you dealt with a lot of people and everyone was different but would make your day
when i was servinga custumer
Cashier, server, and baker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: that you helped someone
Cons: if you give bread and not pay for it, then manager wil be asking where the bead went, as they count it in the end of the day
i was taking a order, when an old man came, he didn't want to take a order to buy anything but wanted a glass of water, he knew the line is big, so i asked him can you please give me a sec. he smiled

After i served the costumer, i went to charge him, and after that i give a glass of water to the old man. then he wanted to pay for the water, i said – more... no we don't charge for this unless you buy a bottle, he smiled and said " you have such a kind heart". i said oh thank you so much, when he left, i felt so happy inside. I always love and want to help people. it makes them smile and when others smile it makes you smile. so it gives you a happy feeling when you help someone in need.

so in this job you find and meet different type of people, rich and poor. and its always so beautiful to see a smile o someone`s face and knowing the reason that it was you. its just beautiful – less
Days at Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCNovember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch/ dinner, happy customers, great co-workers, made friends even too! great bosses and super happy environment
Cons: not busy enough, rude customers sometimes, needed more hours to keep up with rent, i did at the time have very bad luck with my immune system shutting down on me a lot of the time.
A typical day at work at Subway was never a super dull moment, most days were long because we did not get a lot of customers coming in because at the time it was summer.
The days it was busy it would go by super fast and I highly enjoy days where its fast paced .
What I learned about working there is how to prep food and how to clean and keep the store – more... tidy . I also learned when food would go bad and different types of formulas for sandwiches.
My co-workers and i ALWAYS got a long and we always tried to make the best of our shifts together. We all worked well together as a team and could even laugh every so often and have a good time while working. We were pretty deadly when it came to making sandwiches on the line and we had amazing team work .
The hardest part of the job was trying to keep with the cleanning and the extra cleaning . Cleaning for me is not the greatest part but I do know it needs to get done and I do my very best when it came to making sure the store is spotless.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being told by customers that they loved walking in and seeing me with a smile on my face because most other stores around never had employees really smile. Also that I have an amazing memory and I should be back in school ( I was pretty good at remembering a customers sandwich) \I was really good at this job and sometimes I do miss it but I know its time to move on and find something new! – less
Productive & every friendly environment working as team.
Customer Service & Sandwich Artist Pro (Former Employee), At 489 Highway 8, Stoney Creek, CanadaNovember 6, 2014
Management was great and learned a lot to manage all stuff in a store.
Productive learning on each day of job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), LASHURN, SKNovember 1, 2014
So many new experience come through daily.
Management is good and the co-workers are also co-operative and wiling to learn.
Celebrate every occasion like festival, birthdays etc.
Productive learning on each day of job
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee), LASHURN, SKNovember 1, 2014
So many new experience come through daily.
Celebrate every occasion like festival, birthdays etc.
managing time and speed
Team Member (Current Employee), 1833 Grant Ave. Winnipeg, ManitobaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: free meal and 50% off on certain items.
Cons: working for hours with no specific timing of break.
I opened the store on Sunday for very first time and thought that this was not going to be busy but suddenly it got got busy. We were only two new employees on the store. We were getting out of breads.Then i called my manager and he and another employee came in and helped us. I learned that time management and speed are very important at work place.
The – more... hardest part of the job on that day was that i had to do two employee's work at the same time that is making the sandwich for employees and doing the transactions.
The most enjoyable part of the job is making sandwiches. – less
Very productive environment
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Kanata, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free sub
Cons: long hours
I would start the day by putting the chips and drinks in order and filling them up. I would then proceed to cleaning the tables followed by all the prep work of the vegetables and meats. I learned a lot about cleaning and preparing foods, and serving the customer, as well as controlling the cash. It was a cool and very down to earth management with – more... great people. The hardest part was working during rush hour. I loved having the free sub after my shift though. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more