Subway
8,684 reviews

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun , working with people and taking different needs
Customer Service/Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2015
It was good as an entry level job but it`s not enough in terms of job security, salary and insurance .
You will learn how to deal with people and how to satisfy them.
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Subway Artist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2015
The Subway location did not receive too many rushes of customers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job was properly proportioning the food and mixing the correct amounts together to create the meat mixtures. Personally, I enjoyed the fast-paced environment I had to work in because I prefer to work in a place that performs tasks quickly and doesn't result in customers disliking the service and food.
Fun and welcoming environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Richmond, BCApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Unappreciative costumers
The hardest part of this job was when a costumer was very very picky with what kind of sub they wanted but at the same time weren't sure if they wanted that sub and would make me redo my work multiple times.
Productive work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 27, 2015
I got to learn a lot from Subway restaurant where I alone managed the shift, handled the customer’s feedback and ensured proper working environment in the shift.
Enjoyable experience, and great people.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Management wasn't always organized
Being at subway has been a good time, the people I work with are great, but at times management was unorganized and messy. And I am ready to leave this work place to find another job, full time, hopefully.
efficient working place with management
Work Experience (Current Employee), Brampton, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches and motivating employer
Cons: nothing
Last day, it was really busy at the store and the thing i learned there is how to manage a huge line up. the co-workers are really cooperating and friendly and the owner is very concerned about the work and safety of every employee.
Fun working at night time.
cashier as well (Current Employee), 100 Ave 152 st, Surrey, BCApril 18, 2015
I like this job as if you are a student and you can work on weekends easily and make some easy money. All the staff members are well behaving and even the regular customers they are just like my friends there.
steady going easy work
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCApril 16, 2015
It is good for people who would like to spend there days making sandwiches. I didn't enjoy the work because, I need to be moving faster and harder
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee), London, ONApril 15, 2015
Pros: working with great people
Cons: all out of town
subway is a great place to work as a manager i am a full hands on manager working the line each day as well doing day to day duties as a manager
fast food restaurant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Forest, ONApril 13, 2015
the day is busy and slack which makes the organization and team work very important to make the rush hours proceed as they should
Enjoy Working at this location
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), vancouverApril 12, 2015
Pros: discounted food items
Cons: short shifts, late nights, almost always working alone
This job has taught me a lot about time management, multitasking and working efficiently and quickly. Often working alone, each employees has to perform all task on their own, from keeping the store from clean, restocking all food items, serving customers, ringing in their orders and making the transitions, to preparing food for the rest of the day to baking fresh bread and cookies. The hardest task is to keep calm, and collected and move in an orderly fashion when there are 12 people in line and you are working alone, have an empty bain of food and still need to bake bread. I have learned that you have to prioritize tasks and always think one step ahead so you do not fall behind incase there is an unexpected rush of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with regular customers, it makes mee feel like I'm doing a god job when I can memorize their regular orders and begin preparing them when they walk in. Though there isn't much room for advancement in this job i do enjoy working there and my co-workers are fun and caring.
Flexible & Fast Paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours and easy to get time off if needed
Cons: a lot of employees
Managers were always on the floor with us, part of the team. Great for people who enjoy the rush of a fast food business and being on their feet.
It was easy to request time off for personal reasons or reschedule for a different time. Great team spirit and positive environment.
Make sure everything is ready to give a good customer servise
Manager (Former Employee), Rockland, ONApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and drinks
Great challenge, make sure everything is ready for the rush, do interview for new staff, train them, make inventory each week, order food twice a week, keep good spirit teamwork, make sure everything is with compliance with Subway policies as food quality and safety,
No regular shifts
Customer Service (Former Employee), square oneApril 7, 2015
Busy day
Learnt dealing with customers
good management
friendly co-workers
no regular shifts
dealing with customers
Very good atmosphere to work in.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Fenelon Falls, ONApril 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: Annoying costomers
Loved working here, great people. Free 6" sub with every shift. Everyday was fun. Some costomers were rude but it made up for it because my employers were very great.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free meal during a day, fix shift
Cons: Short breaks, benefits and compensation
As a store manager, I have to handle and look each and every thing in a store so it was very hectic. I have learned many skills like customer service, planning, ordering, Problem solving. Being store manager I have to manage with sales, accounting (Receivable and payable), giving training to new employees. It was great experience working with my co-workers as they all were helpful, coordinative. As it was restaurant so it remains always busy during lunch time n sometimes its hard to work when we had a shortage of employee so sometimes one person has to do work of two person. But at the end customer satisfaction matters most important for me so I forget my hardest part of job and enjoy my work.
amazing group of coworkers !
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), St. John's, NLApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, amazing people :)
Cons: no breaks until the store is empty
Subway was by far one of the best jobs i will ever have, we got free lunches, fountain drinks, and the people were the most genuine group of workers i have ever met. i left because i had to go to school and i couldnt bare to stay away from the store, the boss is a very nice man and cares very much for his employees ,being the smallest subway in st.johns everyone is pretty close so i always have lunch with the entire staff. I would defiantly recommend anyone to get hired there
Great first job experience
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Corunna, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers, happy customers
Cons: No employee discount, long hours on some shifts
On a typical day in Subway it consists of preparing sandwiches for customers, handling transactions for payment, and then cleaning up the front lobby (dining room) and back area (food preparation) to proceed with preparing food to have ready for the next day or later on that same day. Overall the job itself was a great experience for a first job, but the management (in my opinion) needs to have more communication with the employees on the floor. The hardest part of being a sandwich artist was re-making a sandwich if i made a mistake with garnishing. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction you get after finishing a sub and making the customer happy. Fellow co-workers made this job very fun and gave a very energetic feel to the atmosphere.
Organized, Respectful
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Long Rushes
Overall fair and appreciative company. Plenty of room for growth, and very flexible towards hours. Great for students.
Subway
Customer service (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 31, 2015
I love working with others and with the public. I spend my days providing customers with their wants and needs. Me and my co-workers always work well as a team together.

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more