Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,487 reviews matching the search
Fun when not busy!
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydenham, ON21 January 2017
I found it to be a very self dependent job because customers rely on you to be able to provide them with good food. The management was poor and very rude and unprofessional at times.
Pros
Free 6 inch every shift
Cons
brutal management.
Fun fresh atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2017
I had a great boss while working here. I was responsible for making my team great. Busy job, lots of work to be done, but once you get used to it, its a fairly easy job. Lots to remember though, so you need a good memory
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Difficult customers
No life
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NB17 January 2017
Getting called in almost everyday, even on your days off, having to take shifts from kids who have quit from being overwhelmed by lack of help and too much to do, no communication between upper management and everyone else, basically left alone most of the time till you can force yourself to quit
Pros
Free food
Cons
No help, no communication, unfriendly service, hours
Positive and fun work enviroment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wiarton, ON17 January 2017
A typical day working at subway would be making subs and preparing vegetables for the day, lots of baking and keeping the store clean. The management was very good kept everything organized. Co-workers were very positive and very fun too work with made the day better, best part of the day was working them. Ive never had a bad day working there other than some customers and one co-worker.
Pros
co-workers, positive, always something to do
Cons
Easy and good training ground store.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
Subway is my first job when I and my family came here in Canada. it is pleasant to meet different people every day, I learned a lot of things with the store, more importantly how to give your best shot in working as a team. I am glad that I worked with people who are good trainers and mentors they taught me every detail how to work and sometimes manage the store when our manager is sick. my co- workers are also nice and cooperative in our tasks, they all become my friends. the hardest part is handling people's rudeness but in most cases tolerable. I enjoyed my work because I am inspired because of my family.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
i enjoyed working there
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
i really enjoyed working at subway and was good at it. i would go back to thee in a heart beat. i have nothing bad to say. the people there treated you with resepct
Productive place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON and Windsor Ontatio16 January 2017
Subway was a very fast paced place to work. The job kept you busy and there was always things to be done. The staff were friendly as kuxh the customers and i enjoyed working there.
Busy Busy Busy but does it ever go fast
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE16 January 2017
fast paced job that serves its pros and cons.
I got good hours at my subway location and my staff were mostly all respectable and friendly
Pros
50 percent off when not working and 25 off when your working also got free pop and coffee
Cons
stay later than your original end date, covering shifts, not enough staff to work a busy day, minimum wage sucks
Best Job I've ever had
Head of Shift, sandwich artist, cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 January 2017
Amazing environment. Have worked for subway twice and would do so again. One of my favourite jobs, and great employees to work with
Pros
free sandwiches, breaks
Cons
occassioally understaffed
it was interesting
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB14 January 2017
In my opinion working at Subway was great at first because the owner was awesome to work for but after he sold the business my work place was ok but no great. I left for personal reasons. Working at Tim Horton's was a good job as well I left because I was pregnant. And as for the rest of my jobs I did my best in working there.
Pros
free meal staff was fun to work with
Cons
not enough days off and long hours
Fun yet demaning workplace.
"Sandwich Artist" (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON12 January 2017
Working at Subway allowed me to train multiple skill sets at once and allowed me to improve myself as a heir able employee.
Former Subway Employee
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
I enjoyed working at subway. I progressed really fast into a manager. It was a great experience . The environment Is fun and it was for the most part a drama free work environment. There really are a lot of behind the scenes things that you can learn. It is also very fresh, very clean, and very regulated by inspectors. Overall a good work place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inconsistent schedules
busy
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  St. Andrews, ON11 January 2017
It was good working here. Only one worker was kept for shift when not busy and two when busy. It was a busy area in Downtown. The co workers were also very friendly.
Great managment
Sandwich Artist/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 January 2017
It was a great place to work. The management was great and were flexible with my schedule. When there was a program or a question, I could always call management and they were very helpful.
Nice work environment where i can absorb culture as well as working method
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2017
Working with the crew members helped me to manage multiple tasks and helped to improve my communication skills as well as helped me to organize tasks as per the scheduled time.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
It was a good job but could have been better
Cleaner, Cashier, food preparations, food handling (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON11 January 2017
A typical day at work would be going in cleaning sub making table, clean utensils and containers that held food. Any customer that arrived to order a sub, first thing I would do is stop anything I'm doing, wash my hands, put clean gloves on and take the customers order.
I learned how to build subs in correct orders and how to make the bread for subs.
I didn't get to work with my co-workers so often due to shift work being alone, so don't have comment on that.
The hardest part of the job would be working alone for 8 to 10 hours shifts when it's really busy and you don't have an extra helping hands to get the lineup of customers take their orders faster.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be making the cookies and providing a good meal to my customers and making sure they get what they want.
Pros
Helping customers get what they want and providing a good meal/snack
Cons
Long hours by yourself when it gets really busy
productive and fun place
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 January 2017
Very good owner.
student friendly.
very helping co workers.
very beneficial job as part time student.
helped me making the contacts with the good customers. helped me improved skills of customer satisfaction.
Productive and great team
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2017
I learned a lot about teamwork, how to work quickly and efficiently, learned how to handle your customer to always come back to us and how to prepare food
Pros
Free Lunches
A good start for young teenagers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 January 2017
Depending on the owner's your job could be great there or bad. It is a demanding job especially since i can get called at any time and expected to fix a problem.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Low pay, Very demanding
Productive and fun workplace
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON9 January 2017
While working at Subway I l learned proper food preparation and customer service techniques. Co-Workers were very friendly and easy to work with, felt like family.

2.8