Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,861 reviews matching the search
it is fun to work in subway, with hardworking staff in a busy pace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
It is fine to work in subway to gain some experience and learn time management skills. It helps to get use to work in high pace stressfull environment as well.
Pros
free lunch, long hours, good management
Enjoyable workplace with may new faces
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
As I was dealing with new customers each day, it was a fun place to be at to interact with people. Also, the workload was manageable and the other employees were good.
part time
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
i am looking for part time .i have experience in food service for over 10 years ..with subway i am taking care for store making sure all in top conditions that includes .paper works ,customer satisfaction
good environment to work in
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
I learned to cope with other crew members to work as a team which increases productivity but the hardest part of the work is when the place is busy and we need to work extra fast
Pros
free lunches
Family Business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanna, AB19 June 2017
Enjoyed owing and operating an establish with family members. Enjoyed being involved in community events. And enjoyed meeting new people everyday. Enjoyed working for the franchise company
working in progress
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON17 June 2017
At the time that I was there I had an emergency with my son and I ended up the hospital with him and the manager gave me a hard time since then cause I even did proceedings to get a lawyer in my son's case and the manager was not happy at all. In his priority list he thought that my job came first when I specifically told him from the start that my priority is my son first then its my job.
Pros
close to home
Cons
manager needs managment skills
Productive and and very friendly environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
A typical day at work is actively engaging in being part of a customer's day and make them feel relaxed and comfortable.
I learnt all the basics and how the whole system works at Subway.
Management is very friendly as they give you space and opportunity to grow within and provide you all the necessary support and training required for advancement.
There is no hard part in any job because i was fully committed to improve the business and solving complaints and customer queries really brightens my day. Therefore i was ready head on for any complex scenarios and solve them with the best possible solution.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer comes back and asks for me specifically to make them their sandwiches and that makes me feel special.
This job has made a huge impact on my life as it has taught me the most important thing in life which is time management. I had to always be ready for a rush hour as the environment at work is very unpredictable hence i have to always work while keeping a close eye on time.
Pros
Free Meals
i enjoyed working here was a good job expreince
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2017
I would come and get everything ready I would then take orders and make people happy management was very helpful and works great with my at home life I did not like that i had to work on my days off and there was no breaks for my 8 hour shift and i enjoyed free subs
Pros
free subs
Cons
no breaks
Tres productif, parfait pour étudiants
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  St.-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC15 June 2017
Jaime travailler pour subway, c'est un travail parfait pour une étudiante comme moi! Ce n'est pas trop forcant ce qui nous permet de ce concentré sur lecole et en plus nous fermons au plus tard a 10h ce qui est parfait pour une bonne nuit de someil :)
j'ai aimer beaucoup travailler au service a la clientele
Cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Tite, QC15 June 2017
clients et employeur vraiment adorable j'ai adorer

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
Positive work place with lots of learning opportunities
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON15 June 2017
A great job to gain experience, not too hard but still a fast paced environment. The day includes serving, cleaning and prep, always something to do. I learned how to work with others, talk to customers in a professional manner, and follow orders. Management is patient and great leaders. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, as long as you are patient it should be fine.
Pros
team work environment, easy tasks
Cons
no benefits, long hours
Wouldn't work there again
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 June 2017
The owner isn't the best person in the world. When I worked at subway she didn't treat ant of her staff with any respect. Changed your schedule without telling you, had unrealistic expectations and I've heard that now if you even call in sick you are threatened with termination.
un bon travail
EXPÉRIENCE DE STAGE (Former Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC14 June 2017
nous avion de bonne condition de travail et une bonne relation avec les autre employers
A Day at Subway
Cashier / Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2017
-It was a very friendly environment to work at
-There was always something new to learn; how to prep food, stock, greet customers, learning the subs and as well as getting familiar with costomers.
-Both managers and assistant manger were wonderful.
-The hardest part of the job was doing the dishes if theres a lot of them near the end of the day. overall, it was a pretty easy job and i loved working there.
That was really good experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Sobeys13 June 2017
That's really amazing to talk different people and made their sandwich .listen to people I really like that. like communicate to people I love it.
In 2015 I moved to sobeys, I find that job to work at customer service desk, as well in produce artist to make veg, and fruit platters. I am still at Sobeys.
Pros
customer service
Cons
average hour
Good work place for students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2017
Great place for students to work while attending classes. work hours are flexible which really works well if you are in a university or high school. Great place to start for the food service industry,
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long rush hours
great manager
Part-Time Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC13 June 2017
Although it might be a little stressful in the beginning the managers take their time to explain what needs to be done and how to do it. It's a great company to work for.
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
not enough shifts
workplace
Food counter Service/ Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
experience to handle cash flow. Learn customer service, making sandwiches, baked bread and cookies, experience in food industry, language improvement.
Pros
Free Lunches
Ok environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lac du Bonnet, MB13 June 2017
OK place to work at. Overall ok, Timing management is a huge thing, Work quickly as prepping between customers. Fun place to work in if you don't mind multi-taking
all around pretty good place to work
Sandwich maker/server (Former Employee) –  Three Hills, AB12 June 2017
there is a lot of interaction with co-workers and customers. The only hard part is when customers get impatient and grumpy but its really not that bad. The most enjoyable would be seeing how happy and excited people get when you give them their sandwich.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8