Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,966 reviews matching the search
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
awesome foreign experience
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB19 August 2017
this job exposed me to foreign food industry.

they gave me just 8 hours a day with sometimes lots of work but i finally gained confidence to handle those even on the busiest day.

Filipino co-workers, Canadian co-workers really added something new to my life. when my manager were on her maternity leave i had to go at 5.30 am and take deliveries for three or four months. those days i did split shifts. that was during a winter and was tiresome but i managed to do an admirable job. everybody loved me and supported me there but unfortunately once my work permit was up, i had to come back.

i wish i had another couple of years there...
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun experience, learned alot
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2017
Despite the strict schedule the job was overall great. A lot of hard work, especially if busy. Manager was nice enough to allow shift changes last-minute.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long shifts
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fun and productive place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 August 2017
it's a nice place to work, you come in serve people, do your part of the job. the best part of working at subway is building relationship with customers as you serve same customers everyday you get to know them and eventually build a healthy relationship.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working by yourself at night time
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON18 August 2017
Fair employers with a good team. Customers were always friendly and would routinely get regulars. I looked forward to all shifts and the staff I would be working with.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Environnement productif et agréable
Propriétaire-gérante (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 August 2017
J'étais la propriétaire/gérante.
Permet le contact direct avec une clientèle variée. C'était intéressant comme expérience.
Pros
C'était intéressant comme expérience.
Cons
C'est de trouver un bon employé discipliné.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
environnement productif.
Voire à la préparation des Aide-cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Cowansville, QC17 August 2017
je n'est pas nésésèrement travailler au Subways c'étais un stage mes j'ai adoré y apprendre! c'étais ah Cowansville en face du Macdo. j'ai beaucoup appris mes je n'est pas été en avent avec les client j’étais plus jeune, et la gêne étais mon pire ennemie. j'ai appris ah faire les retation des aliment. et avec celui qui étais souvent avec moi il m'apprenais ah prendre de la vitesse ex.quand on plaçais les fromage, falais avoir la patience pour le cheddar. ci vous n'aver jamais été au Subways, le cheddars est en triangle mes avent qu'on le place tout les tranche de triangle est coller, avec des gant sa ne va pas très bien!! la patience et la vitesse, je les appris grâce ah ce jeune homme. ce que j'ai aimer au Subways ses tout. je voulais apprendre et tout se qu'on me montrais j'adorais. même la vaisselle. mes les gens par contre je les aimais moin. enfainte une seul personne qui parlais dans le dos de tout le monde. mes ses sa le risque de travailler en équipe. ce n'est pas avec tout le monde qu'on peux bien s'entendre.
Pros
6 pouce gratuit avec un biscuit et boisson gratuit!
Cons
le seul point négative ses les chicane.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fast paced
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 August 2017
fast paced enviroment, with great people to learn from. if you get hired just be sure to get the training done. listen to what they say and you will have no issues.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Productive work place.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ashern, MB16 August 2017
Loved working there, great experience, loved the teamwork. Great work hours, always fun to go to work. Was always busy so the days went by fast. Great people to work with, loved the free food.
Pros
Free lunches
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Terribly managed workplace, bottom line oriented, no concern for customer service.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON15 August 2017
Terribly managed workplace, bottom line oriented, no concern for customer service. Bullied employees, filthy cleaning habits, illegal practices. Punish employees who speak their opinions with cut hours.
Was this review helpful?YesNoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Subway
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 August 2017
Working with subway has been one of the most educational experiences I have had.

I appreciate the knowledge they have given me.

I would recommend and encourage anyone to join their team, if possible.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
not so enjoying just work load
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2017
the day working at subway was so tired and boring and it was not so enjoying. no one talks at subway.The team member was not good and they were just rude to others and to customers .
Pros
free sandwich
Cons
long hours
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Not a fun place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kawartha Lakes, ON14 August 2017
Management is unreasonable and unorganized
Never a guarantee of hours
High stress job
Constantly under pressure for time
Short staffed
Minimum wage without opportunity of increase
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
managment
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
responsibility
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 August 2017
This is a good entry job for student who is looking for part time jobs. i have Good experience to work in a fast paced environment under pressure of people's order.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Food is gross
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hastings, ON13 August 2017
while working at Subway I was told to not throw out things that were expired. One time a few falafels in the container had mold and I was told to only throw out the moldy ones. I would get in trouble for helping the costumer to the best of my ability such as giving them extra sauce or veggies on the side, warming cookies for guests, informing them that something is cheaper for them instead of what they planned on purchasing, but getting the same result. This is good for an after school job or part-time. But if you are not comfortable serving people expired/moldy food and ripping people off this is the place for you.
Pros
free lunches and drinks while working
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Terrible Management
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Caledon Village, ON11 August 2017
This was the worst place I worked, training was bad, hours were illegal, management was untrained and rude. I worked alone every shift, I had to prep, make sandwiches, clean, and close the store all on my own
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
fun people to work with, very flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Three Hills, AB11 August 2017
Typical day is 4-8 hours of work with a break, great food to eat, lots of practical skills, great management. really it is not a hard job, tedious at times but very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part is great people to work with and a awesome boss
Pros
free lunch, great co-workers
Cons
minimum pay
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Perfect Part time work to fit a schedule
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE11 August 2017
This is the type of job that fits to most anyone's schedule pay is limited but the work is easy. Most people have no issue joining the subway team and with dedication can find themselves with secure employment with little education or professional skills.
Pros
Flexible hours. experience not an asset
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Well paced and busy job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 August 2017
At subway, a typical day consisted preparing the store for the day as well as serving customers and store maintnance. The job was enjoyable and simple but the hours given were below the norm.
Pros
Simple and consistent job
Cons
Few hours were given
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
Fun workplace
Sandwich artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC10 August 2017
A typical day at Subway consists of starting prep immediately, stocking the front with vegetables, condiments etc. Baking the bread and cookies before doors open.
Greet and serve guests, make sandwiches and work the cash register.
Everyday includes clean up, sweeping and wiping regularly and daily garbage runs.
The hardest part of the job was working with my old boss, I left because i was treated rudely.
The most enjoyable part for me was making food for people, it makes me happy to put a smile on others faces.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad Staff
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Job Work/Life Balance
Salary/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
a good intro for a first job
Morning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2017
This is a good entry job for a high school student looking to get some sort of customer service experience.Very fast paced and physically demanding. However, with a capable management team work is pretty fun and manageble.
Was this review helpful?Yes 1NoReport
Claimed Profile

Want to know more about working here?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

Ask a Question

Overall rating

3.7
Based on 23,248 reviews
5 stars
4 stars
3 stars
2 stars
1 star

Ratings by category

Work/Life Balance
3.6
Salary/Benefits
2.8
Job Security/Advancement
3.1
Management
3.3
Culture
3.5