Subway

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Alright, But not the best
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: poor management
Working at Subway was alright for a bit. The owner of the store, shall we say wasn't the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers that I got along with.
allowed free meals at work
Team member/Cashier (Former Employee), toronto ontarioFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free meals
its was really busy during breakfast, lunch and dinner hours but it was not bad at all. Stuff was friendly as well as management.
Friendly atmosphere and good work ethics
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: job hours
work culture was quite friendly
job hours were below satisfactory mark
management was good and friendly
hardest part of the job I felt was catching up with the job and during examination timings
Free meal was one of the biggest advantages
The most enjoyable part of the job was when salaries were given!!
Loved working here
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Winchester, onFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: lunch rush
I love working at subway making sandwiches and prepping for them.
I learned good team work
I love the people I worked with
The hardest part was when we had are lunch and dinner rush but we managed
My most enjoyable part working here was I love subway and I was good at making the subs once I got the hang of it
Productive and fun place to work in, clean environment, great culture and easy going place.
Cons: school and work life not very balanced
Subway was a very nice and easy place to work in with amazing co-workers and also great customers. As an employee at subway, i learned to be much more patient and also fast and more productive. There was really no hard part of this job but it would get hard to deal with customers sometimes if they were rude and not patient but i had to deal with it in a very polite and easy going manner. Being nice to the customer is very important as the customer is always right. Every day of this job was enjoyable for me because I learned a lot of new things.
Take customer orders/cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches/friendly enviroment
Cons: load of work/fast paced enviroment
Subway was one of the fast-paced i have had since an year. Taking customers orders, making the sandwiches as well as being a cashier was very challenging. However, the manager and my fellow employees helped me adapt to the environment.
Productive, fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Wasaga Beach ONFebruary 10, 2015
- Very Routine
- Enjoyable work place
-The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to chat and connect with the customers
great standerds
Line cook (Former Employee), edmontonFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: quick service
 Responsible for setting up the station according to the session requirements.
 Preparing all the food items according to the order.
 Ensured minimum kitchen wastage.
 Complied with food and safety regulations.
 Day end reports.
 Daily inventory and ordering.
subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Great job, good amount of work, not great management. coworkers were great, hardest part of the job was getting the hang of things when you first start, easiest part is talking to the customers.
Subway is the place where you can find fresh meal everytime
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 8, 2015
I have learn so many things from my experience with Subway including customer service,time management and work flow management and employee management.
Fun place to work at
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free subs
Cons: not a lot of hours
Amazing place to work at. Loved working with the other employees. Learned how to use the cash register and transaction machine.
pretty boring and not so productive
customer assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hurting knees
The Subway i worked at was not that much of a professional work environment. I did not feel comfortable working there. I believe that when you are working you should feel very comfortable working there. Other than that, it was okay.
great store
Part Time Store Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
great store to work at lots of tasks will keep you busy and on your feet is a great first job, you need a strong work ethic and need to be able to get things done really fast
productive and fun working place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch and free cellphone allowance
Cons: long hour when their i absent
i usually opening the store, and make sure every thing is in place and ready for store open, give instruction and delegate task to each staff, for what is our goal for the day that we need to accomplish and make sure that it accomplish within the day, by giving a leaser like direction, respect them, appreciate and acknowledge their good work, and make sure that we are a team so every body is happy, the hardest part of the job, is when somebody is sick and you don't have enough people to cover up the shift..thats the hard part, because you need to finish the job, event thou your locking of people you need to run the store still smoothly... the most enjoyable part of the job when you know that your staff is happy to work with you and they all supportive and very appreciative, cooperative to meet the store Goal
Subway
Customer service, Sandwich artist, cash (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 4, 2015
Always really busy. Rushed lots so work did not stop. Was a great experience. Showed me how to deal with customers quickly and in a professional manner.
Typical food service job
Food Server (Former Employee), Palmerston, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Unprofessional manager, but the employees I worked with made the job enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the discounted food!
Poor Management, very fast paced.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Waubaushene, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good co-workers.
Cons: short breaks, and manager.
I loved that my job was fast paced, I rarely have issues with that. The only issues I had that this job was the management. Shifts were not distributed fairly and discrimination was also a huge issue. Besides those issues, I could have gone on working there, and probably still would be.
customer service
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Deseronto, ONFebruary 3, 2015
was a good job, fun people to work with and learned alot too, managment was excellent and flexible. every other weekend off, lots of prepping of materials needed such as food and drinks, very clean and safe.

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more