Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,621 reviews matching the search
fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 March 2017
Its a great place to work. Very easy to do stuff as you are given the responsibilities. Everyone was helpful and they help you if your in trouble. Its a great working environment
Pros
free lunch
time management, productive;speed of work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Its always been a good experience to work in subway,learning new things everyday.it helps me to create leadership quality in myself.
Makes me learn progressive.
Good place
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2017
Used operational tools to achieve operational excellence in the store.
Ensured adherence to Subway corporate’s compliance standards, with particular focus on those standards relating to food safety.
Solicited customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the community.
Stock and label merchandise in an organized manner
Received, stored and distributed goods
Received, unloaded and unpacked merchandise
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2017
You can easly balance your personal/work lives.Working at subway is pretty relaxing than other Fast-food chains. You can get into management too if you want to build your carreer from here.
Positive and fast paced environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2017
I believe that Subway is a great corporation and is a good choice for someone searching for their first job. A typical day at work involves food prep, cleaning, and serving customers. Ensuring that the front line is full of food and the bread cabinet is well stocked for the next shift. Always making the restaurant look clean and presentable. Late night shifts required more cleaning than shifts earlier in the day. The management at my store is good and professional. At my location, there is usually only one employee per shift. I find that the most challenging part of the job is balancing food prep with serving customers while working alone. Sometimes it is stressful to make sure you won't run out of food when there is a line up of customers, since you need to put them first, so food prep has to wait. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was having fun baking bread and cookies. While working at Subway, I learned; how to work well with the public and ensure that the customers have a positive experience, how to bake cookies and bread, and how to properly sanitize and clean while following safety regulations. Overall, Subway is a positive working environment and I gained more responsibility. I definitely recommend this job to anyone searching for either their first job or a new positive and fast paced environment.
Good working environment.
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taber, AB17 March 2017
I enjoyed working here, iI had a lot of responsibility which made me more confident. I was responsible for closing down the store independently and also managing orders. I enjoy the fast pace of Subway.
Encourageging co-worker
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2017
As a subway employee , I had lots of challenges to improve skills for giving the best customer service etc I am enthusiastic to learn something new .
Pros
5 hours or more than 5 a 12'' sub and less than 5 hours 6" sub free
Cons
long shifts
fun but a lot of work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 March 2017
It was a fun job and good co-workers but the salary wasn't worth the job that has to be done to satisfy the manger. The schedule for every week wasn't making sense with the shift leaving and coming in.
Positive environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 March 2017
The job itself was great, I just felt it was time to move on and create a better career for myself. I enjoyed the customer service atmosphere and the welcome I got from the staff every shift I had.
Good Part-Time Job Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tweed, ON14 March 2017
Nice employees, fast paced job at peek times during the day. Management should be improved. Good job overall with the work that is done. Lots to learn.
Work conditions have changed over the years.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada14 March 2017
Most enjoyable part of job was dealing with the different people associated with the company. Many of which would be customers. Many people care about the brand.
good starting job, pay was a bit low to start, lots of hours
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2017
I worked lots, about 6 days a week full-time, so it was a bit much, especially being that i was pregnant at the time. Pay was a bit low but thats typically expected with a job like this and if you have no experience with that position.
Pros
free 6inch sub each worked day
Cons
working lots
great work experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I learned so much from working at Subway. I was able to learn lots of customer service skill and how to work under pressure. I learned what the responsibilities of a supervisor were and how to handle tough situations under pressure.
Pros
Got lots of customer service experience
Cons
Can be very stressful
Amazing place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 March 2017
Very easy job with very nice people and also they kept the store very clean , very respectful brand to work for . I learned many new things such as food handing safety , how to deal with difficult people.
Pros
Free food, very nice, very understanding
Cons
Very far away from my house
fun first job with fun staff
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 March 2017
prepping food for the next few days, use oven to make bread, and make subs for people. the staff i had was great at training and i was only 16 and starting to close on my own. i worked near the university so it was vry fast paced and never a slow night.
Great place for first job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, ON10 March 2017
Pros
Got lots of customer service experience
Cons
Can be very stressful
Enjoyed the smell of fresh cookies and bread and meeting customers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 March 2017
Teamwork with other employees to successfully complete the day. Communicate and satisfy regard and new customers. Maintain a clean and safe environment. The employees and the manager are wonderful. I improved my multitasking, communication and food preparation skills. I also learnt how to close the restaurant; cash handling, product counting, cleaning and data entry.
Not well compensated
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC9 March 2017
Very strenuous work and effort for very little pay, might be different in any other locations but in the Carrefour Laval Mall it was always extremely busy.
Pros
free sandwiches
Cons
stressful & no time to relax
didn't agree with
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Devon, AB9 March 2017
Love the people I work with its a fun environment. Whenever I was up for a raise they always gave my manager and I the same answer "you make to much". Worked there for 6yrs with 2 yrs of maternaty leave and only recieved 2 raises. The second raise we only because of minimum wage going up.
Pros
the manager is amazing to work for
Cons
they dont give raises
great work experience
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
Always busy helped with kitchen prep in mornings, then served customers their orders. Mixed drinks. I learned how to multi task more efficiently and quickly. My supervisor was quite accomadating and willing to train me when required. My co-workers were more like family. The hardest part of the job was helping my guests who had had to many drinks find safe ways home. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the different clientele that would come in depending on the season

2.8