Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,212 reviews matching the search
fast past, fun to work, great team
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ONMay 11, 2016
Typical day, go in and get ready with team members for diner rush, clean organize,
i have learned how to work as a team to make serving customers easy and as efficient as possible.
management is good, easy to work with and talk to
hardest part is working alone when its busy, after a certain time i am the only person working and when its busy it can get overwhelming. But i have been able to handle it and found ways to make it easier.
Most enjoyable part is knowing that i made a good meal for the customers and they are happy with the service i and the team gave them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working alone can be stressful
productive and a nice place to work
Food counter attendant (Current Employee) –  Hinton, ABMay 13, 2016
though its always busy every one managed to smile ,greeting customers and give the best to serve them,every body is cooperative and willing to help each other.in this job i enhance my flexibility,good customer service and supervisory skills.its really enjoyable working here especially when it gets really busy and things are done because everybody cooperate.i also learned how to prepare foods and baking bread,worked in a fast paced environment and my communication skills enhanced too.
Productive and beneficial workplace,
Employee (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONMay 20, 2016
I worked at subway for almost 2 years.It was great experience for me to deal with different type of customer.when i first started i loved this job, it was a good learning experience for people skills and customer service, i got along great with my managers i was one of the top shift leads beside my two managers, i always worked with a good crew, and the part i liked the most about working here was just getting to know all different kinds of people.
Pros
Great training, faced-paced, and energetic environment.
Cons
Always depends on the franchise, short breaks, no overtime
Good co-workers, grueling job
Sandwich Artist® (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 27, 2016
Tight hours without too much leeway unless a lot of seniority, a lot of things to be done against clock that depends on customers. I was the closer, so a lot of this depends on evening workers, which were nice to work with, but slack off. There are no assistant managers, manager only highers for frontline service position and pay. No benefits. Hard to balance demand of shifts with school due to turnover rate of fellow co-workers,
Pros
Spare time at end during slow days
Cons
Late customers and those that are rude or order for groups
it was a good beginner job
Customer service reapresentative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 2, 2016
working at subway was a good beginner job .there were no benefits long hours with minimal breaks .best part of my job was getting to interact with the customers and my co -workers .Management was iffy .manager never listened to employees and what hours they could work always did what was beneficial to her and assistant manager.
Pros
great way to get experience, made new friends and learned how to interact with customer from all different walks of life
Cons
long hours not many breaks and no free food
Subway overall job summary
Sandwich Artist/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 25, 2016
I learned and grew a lot over the year at subway.
I was responsible for opening the store, as well as closing the store on nights (key holder).
I enjoyed having that responsibility, as well as hours.

What I liked about my job was having many, many regulars come in all the time. It gave me a sense of improvement, always.

Learning new skills and helping is my favourite part about any job.
Pros
Gaining Further Employment and skills with the company
Cons
min. wage
Bad Management, Lack of help
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Shediac, NBApril 23, 2016
Working there from the beginning I was left alone, and had to learn everything on my own, the manager and other workers acted like they had other places to be and this was daily, most of the time you were left to wait on customers by yourself and had lack of help from your ''coworkers''. So many people come and go so you see new faces every week to work with.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting a free sub and taking a break from doing everything feeling exhausted.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management, No help, Being left alone for hours, Lack of communication
cooperative co workers
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 22, 2016
Working at subway seems easy job for everyone,though its little hectic when there is a line up in front of your little eyes ;)At subway we gotta be little more fast than average,cause we get only one minute to serve each customer.Our subway was located at busy location in the centre of city.Though with the co-operative staff and management,I enjoyed every moment working there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
work load because of busy hours
Productive and an open place with amazing people.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lively, ONApril 12, 2016
Typical day included cleaning, washing vegetables, doing dishes,etc. I was always learning new ways to stock the place and make things better for our customers, our management was great and I loved working for them. Also, all my co-workers where always right there if you needed help and they didn't hesitate to help you, but the hardest part is that at night you would get scared of the people because the place is beside a bar. Other then that, I always loved going to work because of the people.
productive work with amazing leadership.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 8, 2016
Working in Subway was the best experience of my life.Working in subway given me hands-on experience. I have learned the professional communication with the customer which will help me for the future and my co-worker was amazingly talented with their work. For me there wasn't any part was it difficult everything was sooth and easy and my manager she gave us the best training at the work which help me and other my co-workers a lot.
Pros
one sandwich per day
Cons
12hr to 14 hr shifts
Good workplace with great learning experiances
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 6, 2016
the usual day of work was fun and taught new things to do with the food industry. management and co-workers were very friendly and willing to help should there have been any questions. the hardest part of the job closer to closing time when there were no costumers and the store had been entirely cleaned as there would be nothing else to do.
Pros
free food, friendly people, accomodating, wonderful management
Cons
counters too low, got boring when there was no customers
First job. Helped develop customer service and learned more about having a job.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 3, 2016
This experience helped to develop my learning abilities in terms of: customer service, teamwork, organization, interpersonal skills with co-workers and staff, and scheduling. It provided me with an opportunity to take on challenges in a workplace setting, particularly in the area of customer and food servicing. I also developed an attitude to take on responsibilities and plan for my future, as this job helped in saving for university.
Pros
Free Lunches and had a great staff to bond with professionally.
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement
Busy and fun with excellent management.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 3, 2016
Great people and a very busy and fun atmosphere. I appreciate the free sandwich every shift. There is a lot of variety of tasks. The hours were quite flexible and it is a great job for a university student. The Christmas party was really impressive. The manager is very organized and understanding and created a fun atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, great people
Cons
min wage, standing for hours
productive, fun workplace 10/10
Cashier and "Sandwich Artist" (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 2, 2016
a typical day at work was normally busy for the first little while then after the customers were gone repetitive cleaning.
i learned about food safety
management was great, probably best manager ive ever had
coworkers were ok attitude wise
hardest part of the job would be when people dont do what thier supposed to and you end up with more work
free food
Pros
Free footlong for 8 hour shift.
Cons
Repetitive, under staffed, vegetables were not always the freshest
Sandwich artist: includes all the preparations
Team member (Former Employee) –  Red Lake, ONMarch 30, 2016
Subway included a lot of time slicing and preparing all of the veggies, meats, sauces, bread and cookies. I learned to be accountable to all of the food safety measures and to all of the wishes of the costumer, because the meal was prepared in front of the costumer. There was a great team spirit, because all of the tasks were divided into stations and each station had a different employee. The hardest part was not always having the desired ingredients that the costumer wanted. The most enjoyable part was all of our regular costumers and getting to know them.
Pros
Free sandwhich
Cons
Not enough hours
first job with export house made more challenges in career.
Sandwich Artist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 2, 2016
started as a junior Merchandiser .with in two years got promotion and became Merchandiser(Fashion Coordinator).Learnt costings, communication,fabric trims ordering,negotiations with suppliers,sample submissions,TNA making,getting orders,Meeting production samples.Co-workers were really helpfull,Hardest part of job was late timings.
I learned what I needed to quickly and was trained on the spot. My work day included greeting and serving the guests, as well as; running cash.
Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 10, 2016
A great store, the staff I have had are all talented, dedicated people and though I am ready for a new challenge.Owning a business taught how to handle the labor shortage problems and find an effective solution to them. The most enjoyable part of working as a team and learning everyday.
Pros
free meals
good information about Subway Sandwiches
Sales Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2016
I experience very good time working every day, during time that I was working in Subway sandwich's, in lunch line up always 6 people was at front , with lot's of pressure and stress to serve the people in a best way, we should smile and be kind, gradually it got our habit, then job goes faster and easier and we had a more fun. with that attempt , our customer had been raised, and our store manager gave us wadge raise.
Pros
very good friendship
Cons
lot's of food smell in store
enjoyable work environment,learnt customer service skills, flexible work schedule,
FOOD SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 18, 2016
i have gained my customer service skills as well as communication skills. I also learnt how to handle difficult situations with calm mind such as an angry customer or work load.My experience with co-workers and management was great . All co-workers were very helpful and always there to help each other out in tough timeThe hardest part of the job was to order supplies according to the demand but it is hard to estimate demand of food because the number changes every week.the most enjoyable part was interacting with people from different backgrounds and learning and speaking new languages with people.
Pros
free lunch, free movie and game tickets, free transportation passes
Cons
long schedule hours
Made lot of corporate clients, Independent and Challenging
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2016
Things What I Learned

Time Management is one man element at work. Being Punctual at work will not only looks professional also gain respects from Team and managers.

Multi -tasking is very important thing that i have learned one hand think about the business, other hand receive customer and understand theirs needs, ready to involve any work beyond if it is needed. Focusing on primary job which am doing and side by side plan and organize things which is yet to finish.

Learned about debit and credit cards processing various other cards which are related to finance , and cash receipts. ability to handle cash and cheques and other office work related to paying bills and receiving income
Pros
Responsible in dealing CASH
Cons
perfection