Subway
8,871 reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great job for students looking to learn and grow.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great food
Cons: Fast paced at times
I enjoyed the learning experience while I was transitioning into adult life. It was a positive environment with a healthy customer-oriented focus. Not only fun to work with all my co-workers, but I learned quite a lot about the art of making a submarine sandwich.
Amazing work environment
Sandwich Artist - Weekend Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, OntarioMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free food, great people, flexible hours
Cons: no breaks, bad pay
I worked here for nearly 6 years, and can honestly say that I stuck around because I loved it. I love the people, and the work, and the food, and the excitement of doing new things every day. Downsides were that I was a manager, worked there for over 5 years and never made a cent more than minimum wage. We also very rarely would get breaks. Summary- good place to work as far as work goes, but the benefits and legality of working there is questionable.
productive and busy
cashier and sandwich artist (Former Employee), pickeringMay 19, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: No cons
Subway was a fun place to work at the best part was to make sandwiches you never made before! a typical day at work would be serving our wonderful customers with best quality food, cleaning and working the cashier. The most enjoyable part was to end the day off with a fresh baked cookie!
Productive and good place.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 15, 2015
Pros: Free meals, pop
Cons: Long hours, hectic work
I usually start at 4:30 pm and my shift ends at 10:30. I've learned so many things from Subway like being a team player and task oriented. The best part of this job is the work environment is really good and the hard part is that the work load is more and wages are less.
how to handled customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: sometimes long hours
As i am customer representative at subway restaurant. I learned how to handle customer and make them happy with our services.I also worked with my team and give them training for customer service.I have ability to handle angry customer with complain to solve problem and make customer happy.
Bad enviroment
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 13, 2015
Management wasn't good. You had to be liked to get anywhere. There was so much drama and gossip around all the subways. It was liked working with a whole bunch of high school kids.
The co-workers were a great part of the job. Working with smiling and happy customers made it get by. But waiting for the clock to strike the end of the shift becomes a bad habit.
Subway
Cashier (Current Employee), 221 Glendale Avenues St CatharinesMay 12, 2015
A great place to meet new people and where co workers are friendly and helping! The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience gained from working.
Time managment, Custormer Service,
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 12, 2015
This is my part time job. I learned customer service.
Excellent management, good staffs ,enjoy most , work almost everyday.
Not A Good Fit For Me
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONMay 12, 2015
I wasn't provided training before I started the job. I showed up assuming I would be learning how to do the job but they told me to start making subs for customers. It wasn't too hard to figure out, but it definitely caught me by surprise and I learned fast. The owner was pretty disorganized and did not have the employees' best interests in mind which made for a negative work environment.
difficulty working in a busy restaurant by yourself
Part-time Sandwich Artist and Key Holder (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: one footlong a day 50% off
Cons: long hours, lots of work to be done by one single person
Hard job for someone with a hard time dealing with stress. very fast-paced at times, lineups occur and often times you are by yourself. Training may be unpaid as well depending on the owner.
Fun Workplace with a bad management
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Bad Management
Stress free environment, the best part of the job It was the relationship between the costumers and the members of the team. But the co-workers don't know much how to work as part of a team, and the manager didn't have a lot of experience to run effectively the store.
Trail subway
Proprietor of S.M Holidays Ahmedabad (Former Employee), Trail, BCMay 10, 2015
it would have been the worst place i have ever employed, manager is cheats customers serves garbage and working environment, offers under minimum wage to employees and fires them who argue for the right of minimum wage.
Productive and fun
Supervisor (Former Employee), regina,SKMay 9, 2015
It was a great experience working at this subway. I have learnt a number of skills like problem solving, decision making. I have worked and trained people from different cultures, so i have learnt about multiculturalism.The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the customers, i love to meet and help people.
Relaxed Atmosphere Rewarding Place to Work
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Oakville. ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: free sanwhiches
Cons: lack of some basic employee needs
Working at Subway consisted of sandwich making, food preparation, cleaning and customer service. The job was straight forward and easily done with enthusiasm and quality work. Here I gained valuable work experience and learned basic job requirements and how to work well with others.
The management was the down fall of this job as they failed to adhere to some basic employee needs such as appropriate ergonomic floor mats and failed to pay me for the 12 hours of training I completed.
My co-workers were very helpful with questions and appreciative of the work I carried out.
This job was not difficult, I am comfortable with this kind of work and much more complicated work.
Hard Part of taking care of customer.
Customer Service (Former Employee), HAMILTON,ONMay 8, 2015
Pros: FREE LUNCHES AND TACKLING CUSTOMERS
Cons: WORK DURATION
It is very hard sometimes to handle customer when they have a bad day, there was one day that came and I have to handle customer patiently and it was really good experience when your co worker helps you.It was good when that customer satisfied with my service and rewarded.
Fast environment with great customers
Crew Member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Free Food
A typical day at Subway included completing customers orders, making food, re-stocking any products, house keeping duties and preforming cash drops. I learned a great deal about team work and leadership. Once working for about a couple months I was able to preform all duties at the restaurant. I got to train new employees and got the responsibility to close the restaurant as well. The management was great and always responded right away whether there was an issue or just to check up on their employees. The key was to make sure customer satisfaction was always met.
excellent first job to learn customer service skills.
Sandwich artist/store clerk/assistant manager (Former Employee), Devon, ABMay 7, 2015
This was my first job as a teen. It was an amazing place to learn customer service skills to use in future settings. My manager was amazing at his job, we are still in contact to this day. He was very easy to get along with, as well as all of my co-workers. The hardest part of this job was actually the amount of hours I did work. I was going to school full time and working almost full time hours during that time. I have no other complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work in my home town and having regular customers to speak with on a daily basis.
productive and fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 6, 2015
loved the people i worked with, loved my employers, lunch hour was the hardest part of the job. typical day at work was prepping food, making sure things were organized and served costumers. i learned alot about myself.
Fun interacting with Customers
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMay 6, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Not organized, unbalanced schedule
* Poor scheduling table
* enjoyed talking with the customers
* non- organized workplace
* Learned how to work in a fast paste environment, communicate with the customers and much more
fun, and productive work environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Belle River, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Half Priced products, New experiences, Social Networking
Cons: The Smell of my clothing.
Typical day would be showing up 30 minutes before my shift started, and find out my placements and duties for the day.

Subway was my first job, and it provided me knowledge and experience in the field of customer service, food industry and other experiences.

Management was dependable, durable and understanding.

My co-workers were accepting and like able people.

Hardest part about the job was going home smelling like bread

most enjoyable part was the new experience, half priced food and fun co-workers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more