Subway

Subway Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible work schedule for Students
Person Incharge (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 28, 2014
Subway is a very convenient place to work for students and people who are looking for a flexible work option.
Fast pace and Interactive
Food prep and creating subs (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: standing for so long
- busy and non stop customers
-learned how to move quickly in a limited amount of time
-co workers are very supportive
-hardest part: not being able to sit
-enjoyable: pay check
Its all about food
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2014
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: lots of work
A day at subway is simple. Make sandwiches and serve the people and do paper work, cash handling, scheduling etc.
How to make food according customer's demand. And have experience of cash handling.
Co-workers are very friendly and hard working.
Sometimes in rush time you have to work at double speed than your actual speed.
Time pass so fast when you – more... working. You can't be bored during work time. – less
Productive and Fun to work at
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in an environment where all the team members work well with one another in order to provide the best customer service possible. I am a cashier, a sandwich maker, and I also help train new staff and facilitate teamwork.
Good working environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good working environment with free food for employee
Cons: nothing
Good job to do to meet new customers every day and please them
It was a really hard working job
Cashier and server (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low salary
The co-worker was really nice, but the salary was low. It was hard working job.
great
sanwich artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 21, 2014
Took customers orders. also handled money cleaning an prep of food. loved my job while I was their
Easy workplace with terrible pay
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), LethbridgeJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free 6" sandwich
Cons: dull work
typical day: prep vegetables, bread, make sandwiches.
what I learned: bread making, sandwich making
management: terrible
co-workers: the best
hardest part: cleaning cause everything is done so quickly.
most enjoyable: the people.
varies!
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 19, 2014
Pros: flexible work scedules, sweet boss
Cons: no free food (some subways), no full time available
Working at several subways I can say the management is awesome but the owner does not put any effort into managing their business. Friends that I have that work at other subways by different owners say opposite.
cashier/sandwich artist
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 17, 2014
Great job, awesome work environment. friendly customers.
fast paced, team work, fun and helping environment, low staff, rush hours.
Customer service, cash and making sandwiches (Former Employee), Sackville, NBJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free sandwich every shift
Cons: low on staff
The best part of my job at Subway was the independence. Once you learned what you had to learn you were able to do your own thing and work at your own pace as long as you were efficient. The people I worked with were great and we worked well together as a team. We were always low staffed so although it was stressful it forced to work together and creative – more... a fun and helpful environment. The hardest part of the job was that the customers were not very consistent. They came in rushes, and having to make 50 subs in a short amount of time while you're low staffed is difficult, but at least it made time pass quickly. – less
A good crew makes for a better time.
Senior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Osoyoos, Oliver, 1st Ave Spruce GroveJuly 14, 2014
Pros: staff meals, discounts, flexible hours, friendly atmosphere
Cons: sometimes breaks are missed due to high customer volumes
Having worked at three different subways I'd like to say this: A typical day at work honestly starts with prep: the store, the food, yourself, and your team.

Subway tends to get extremely busy rushes. You could get anywhere from 20-50 customers in a slower rush and anywhere from 60-90 in a solid rush. How well this rush goes is honestly wholly dependant – more... on your ability to work on the team and your ability to adapt quickly to the various roles required of you both leading up to and during the rush itself.

Don't think when the rush is over that it's really over, thats a mistake rookies tend to make and will come back too bite you. The moment you're off the line, top up EVERYTHING IMMEDIATELY. This gives you and your team a firm grasp on what there is and isn't letting you divide the work and prioritizing what needs to get done in what order.

Bread is typically the #1 priority, no bread no subs. SIMPLE. Often teams will have one person designated to the task of bread making, this also means that they are often the last one to be put on line and the first one switched out during the busiest times.

A manager my not always be there, however Subway had team leaders/Shift leaders. Over seeing the store isn't necessarily tied to one job title.

A GOOD TEAM MAKES THIS JOB AWESOME. Cooperation is the name of the game. When you join subway its always a bit of an adjustment, not knowing what to do or even how to do it can be a problem. Often your training will come from your shift leader but don't be afraid to ask your team for help as they want you to succeed. Tips and tricks come with time but being able to talk and work with your co workers is essential. Knowing who works well together and who balances each other's weaknesses is always a good thing, not everyone is the best at everything and watching how others work around you is another great way to build a team mindset.

The hardest part of the job I'd say would be finding your own niche, as it takes a bit longer to gain the skills to see where one is both weak and strong. Recognizing where personal shortcomings are takes a strong team player, living up to your strengths and recognizing where others may have trouble also makes for a strong team player. HOWEVER accepting where both you and they aren't the strongest and using your strengths to reinforce the team makes for a TRUE TEAM PLAYER & PLAY MAKER.

The best parts of the job for me where seeing everyone happy with their meal and being able to have fun with the team as you work. It makes the days so much easier and BRIGHTER. It made me love coming to work and I still even now am close friends with my team. Maybe I'll go back to visit again soon. – less
Not a very good place for employment
Cashier (Current Employee), truro, nsJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: treatment
This is not a hard job, but it is not enjoyable.
The job itself is not difficult, but can be stressful when busy. The management and people involved are what makes this place miserable to be associated. There is very poor treatment to staff and shown signs of favoritism.
Busy place
Sandwich artist/cashier (Current Employee), OshawaJuly 13, 2014
Pros: gain experience
Cons: not enough hours
My shifts are only 2 to 3 hours per shift and twice a week. I don't get the chance to do very much. I go in during lunch/supper hour and beat the rush. I have learned to make different types of subs and how to use the cash register. I have also closed the restaurant many times therefore i have learned to close the register and do the inventory counts. – more... When I go in i am usually with my co-worker for about half an hour because they than go on lunch/dinner and by the time they come back i am done my shift. I don't think there is anything hard about this job. I wish i was getting more hours as i am available 7 days a week and anytime, and this is now the reason i am looking for another place of employment. – less
good
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 11, 2014
i learned to give best coustmers servies.i enjoy wih this job
IT IWAS A FUN WORKING PLACE AND GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR
team member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 9, 2014
Pros: yes
Cons: yes
IN THE BEGINNING EVERYONE WORKING WITH ME WAS VERY HELPFULL, AS I AM QUICK LEARNER EVRYBODY WAS HAPPY TO WORK WITH ME , I DONT FIND ANYTHING HARD IN MY JOB, I DO MY JOB VERY CONFIDENTLY AND AS IT IS A JOB IN WHICH WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH DIFFERENT KIND OF PEOPLE, WHICH INCLUDES GOOD COUSTMER SERVICE.
best experience
subway supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free meal
Cons: no any
job was fully satiesfied.
management helpful. and very precise accurate
Working part time is ok
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), toronto, onJuly 6, 2014
working part time is fine. not a long term job. working here is fun. great customer service.
good workplace and environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: money vs responsibility
8 hours shift , had many co workers of different culture,
• Improvement of Math while calculating money
• Work Ethic
• Responsibility ran the store alone
• Cleaning and organizing skills
hard time is during lunch hours when the store is very busy and there is less staff working
productive and creaative
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABJuly 3, 2014
Pros: quick service
Cons: short of staff
On july 1st Canada day ,the most busiest day ,we were 3 employees working . I have learnt how to manage the best customer service and manage multi tasks even if we are short of staff .As a manager , I beleive in building relations with your co-workers so that work and management can move along. The hardest part i felt was training your staff and serving – more... your customers at the same time. And the enjoyable part was serving customers and giving them quick service . – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more