Subway

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
subway
Artiste du sandwich/Superviseur (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 1, 2015
Working for Subway has had it's up and it's downs. The location I worked at changed owners twice and both were unorganized. I had to take it upon myself to organize the store and make daily duty lists for the employees, I was the one scrubbing the floors, dusting fans and cleaning wall where guests are seated.
Keep up the wonderful smile
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJuly 30, 2015
Starting the day managing and preparing the equipment for opening the store. Preparing the schedule were the staff member would be work. Processed customer orders and payments. Handing cash and closing end off the sale.
I learned that handing cash can be big task when its a big amount of money. When you are full focused into your work, it can be seem easy to handle. If you are understandable and cooperated then it is easy to get along with co-workers.
I hardest part of work was when the store ran out of food supply, and we would suggest the customer something else to try.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in team and helping each other out.
productive and fun workplace
store manager (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch, Christmas bonus excellence gifts
Cons: low salary
I learned a lot at this Job like how to solve customer complaints, managing&motivating employees at busy hours. delivery days are the typical days for me.
unsanitary, care free
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Woodstock Ont.July 29, 2015
Pros: great staff, flexible hours
Cons: poor food handling and hygiene
i did enjoy working at subway, and as much as i enjoyed the staff and the work itself, the managers did not concern themselves too much with personal hygiene or customer health and safety. for example , i had been treated as though i had made an error when throwing out parchment paper laying on the floor rather than serving to customers. because of the owners and supervisors lack of knowledge when it comes to proper food handling and personal hygiene, i refused to work under those conditions knowing i could get customers sick.
It was a good experience in customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee), Langley, BCJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I learned a lot from this company. I learned the key roles required for customer service. This company enabled me to manage the store and how to work as a good team member. Hardest part of the job was when i have to work all by myself in busy hours but i used to be successful.
Productive & fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chatham, OntarioJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free subs
Cons: nothing
Making various types of subs for costumers. I learned how many slices of meat went on different subs. Management was awesome!
Subway Artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good learning experience
Cons: Managment was really bad, took you for granted to get what they want and work you hard with no benefits, hoildays, or vacation.
Started out with lunch shifts, making sandwiches, cleaning the store, preparing the ingredients, open and closed the store, enjoyed working with the employees worked on weekends and hoildays sometimes 14 days straight from opening to closing.
productive
Sandwich maker (Current Employee), Toronto,OntarioJuly 27, 2015
A lot to do in so little time. No proper breaks.I try my best to accomplish all my tasks. It is quite challenging. Management is good
very good co ordination with our team members...
Sales associate (Current Employee), edmonton,albertaJuly 25, 2015
Availability Monday to Friday morning shifts mostly...
I have learned so many things from my team members...how to speak with the customers...full attention to the customers...eye contact...most enjoyable part is when all the team members are together then having fun with everyone...
very clean and neat alot of work to do
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 25, 2015
Pros: enjoy working their
Cons: less hours
subway is a decent work place.have to be sanitized and keep the store clean and intact with customers so people enjoy their experience at subway.
Not enjoyable
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 24, 2015
This was mostly a job to pay the bills. Management was lacking however the people I worked were mostly very pleasing and made my time there somewhat enjoyable
Great place to work and enhance customer relations
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free sub on break
Cons: /
loved to interact with the customers while preparing their desired order

learned great time management skills in prepping the bread, cookies, veggies, etc. in time for the daily rushes

great management and co workers made the job much easier
Awesome Food Store
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Maskwacis,ABJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Free Ft Long Employee meal.
Cons: Short staffed on busy days, had to carry extra weight around when other employees didn't take the job serious. long shifts.
Subway was good to me when I was good and ready to work their.
Loved seeing different faces everyday. loved having customers leave with a smile out of the store. loved when I would be so fast on making sandwiches and loved when the inspector would randomly show up.
clean, and productive work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: full time hours
Cons: no benefits
Subway is filled with dedicated employees, servicing customers and providing them with high quality product based on their requirements.
Simple job, fast paced envirnment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 19, 2015
A typical day upon arrival to store (varies depending on if shift was Open, Mid or Close):
Begin food preparation work I.e: Slice vegetables, prepare meat
Make coffee
Fill cooler
Assist customers with their orders as they showed up
Bake cookies
Bake bread
Work as a team during a rush to ensure customers where served as quickly and efficiently as possible
Clean lunch dishes
Mop
Clean tables (at all times of the day)
Prepare ingredients for next morning and that evening
At the end of the day
Mop once more
Finish Dishes
Close store/register
Productive work place, however, too repetitive for me
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Courtenay, BCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Free food!!
I have enjoyed working here, and would recommend it to anyone. The management team is wonderful and understanding. The hardest part of the experience was the public, which usually is for any customer service job. The easiest part was putting the food together.
Productive fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 15, 2015
Enjoyed being treated like a person and not a number. Owner values and respects his employees. It was a nice change from Tim Hortons.
a day in subway
SANDWICH ARTIST/SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Charlottetown, PEJuly 15, 2015
not a bad place to work,it has its good and bad points but overall ok. I learned how to run a shift ,do daily prep and learn how to excel my customer service skills
nice co-workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Kelowna & RutlandJuly 15, 2015
fast paced,nice co-workers, good customers, average work load, not always good senior management. Good discounts. But not all Subways' Have good management.
fun and coperative environment ,
Cashier (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 12, 2015
Pros: free food during the shift
Cons: n/a
mostly making sandwiches
dealing with cashier
checking inventory
serving customer
providing great customer service

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more