Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,270 reviews matching the search
Safe environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONJuly 25, 2016
My job at Subway is like a get away for me.
It is a steady pace, and the time goes back because I love the people I work with, My boss and owner work around my school schedule and very compassionate,
Pros
The feeling of being comfortable
fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONJuly 23, 2016
Free subs every time you worked
Gained interpersonal skills
The co-workers were nice
I like learning how to cook the bread and bake their cookies
Fun and Inviting
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 22, 2016
Being in a diverse atmosphere each day was very exciting and interesting. During slow periods I was able to learn about the culture and lifestyles of India. Management was always very kind and understanding.
Good pace, fun workplace, easy job.
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ONJuly 20, 2016
A typical day at work here started with clocking in, washing your hands and taking inventory. If when you started a shift the store was already busy, you'd help move the line along before taking inventory.
The bread steps to making a patron's sandwich included bread proofing, bread baking, bread topping, bread cooling, bread storage, and bread cutting. Every topping had to be pre-prepared same-day in-store. This included fresh meats out of storage, and freshly cut veggies. There was also portioning and toasting the meat and cheese toppings on each kind of sub. Then there was portioning the veggie and sauce toppings according to the Subway mandated chart, unless otherwise specified by the patron. Salads and soups had to be made also. Stocking and cleaning was usually done in the middle and at the end of each shift.
I mostly learned about the science of bread baking, and how to best organize my time and work priorities.
Management was new.
For the most part my co-workers were friendly, approachable and hard-working. A few in particular, however, were very cold, snobby, and inexperienced with building customer report.
The hardest part of the job was being new and having to learn so much so quickly that much got overlooked and skipped over in "training".
The most enjoyable part of this job was the kind and fun atmosphere that the majority of employees gave the store and customers.
Pros
50% off product, tips, fun and easy work.
Cons
Last minute scheduling, and school orders.
It was fun
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJuly 20, 2016
Fun place to work, no longer for me though. More of a Young people job. Did not enjoy the wage or lack of hours. I am going to finish this survey as I no longer have any thing else to say.
Fast paced Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 18, 2016
Learnt a lot of customer service experience and a fun place to work with if you have the right co-workers. I also able to learn about inventory control management and ordering process.
Hectic, un-organized, and mis-managed
sandwhich artist (Former Employee) –  Eastern Passage, NSJuly 15, 2016
While working here, i had long hours by myself at night, with next to no security system in the building. Co-workers were nice and helpful, very much team-players, but were all of similar opinions for the work environment. very un-organized and hectic shifts, as often times you would be left by yourself to serve all customers on a busy closing shift, while being expected to clean the store and finish closing jobs by yourself before the end of your shift. management is also very passive aggressive, and lazy to address problems until last possible minute.
Pros
Free food, and flexible hours
Cons
uncaring management, un-steady hours, hectic and unorganized
Consistent work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Porters Lake, NSJuly 15, 2016
Guaranteed to receive requested time off most of the time. Customers are fantastic and job is not stressful.
it was a lovely experience
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ashern, MBJuly 14, 2016
Great place to work, the training was excellent and the people amazing. The owners when I worked there were caring and very interested in helping the employees get the most out of there experience there.
Pros
free sub
Cons
limited advancement
loved to work in a team
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 13, 2016
loved working at subway. i learned so many things from here so everything good co workers were nice. i worked full time and part-time there. also had a great time with team and management. I worked the night shifts too so we always were busy but loved the people coming in and the smiling conversations we had. Learning baking and a bit more.
- Free food if you worked 5 hrs or more per shift
- Not as hectic
- Very consistent work per shift
- Lots to do, time goes by fast
Pros
free sandwich when working
Cons
long hours with little breaks
Fun workplace, high energy, meet lots of interesting people.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJuly 12, 2016
Daily tasked include: preparing sandwiches, preparing food products, cleaning tasks, engaging customers, manage till, opening and closing store, stocking.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long training period
Subway loving it
Food Counter Attendant/ Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 10, 2016
I worked the night shift so we always were busy but loved the people coming in and the smiling conversations we had. Learning baking and a bit more
nice
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2016
i learned so many things from here so everything good co workers were nice. i worked full time there. managment very nice.
High productivity establishment with a fun workplace environment
Food service and cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJuly 9, 2016
This subway location was located in a town of 20 000 people (barely any) yet with our team we managed to maintain the position of being rated in the top three subway locations in Ontario for a duration of time, as I no longer live there I am unsure as to its current success rates. Subway offered some of the best training in the fast food industry teaching each employee to handle any task such as cashier baker or food service employee, this was done with the intent to ensure a fully functioning operation with little chance for error.
Pros
free lunch each shift
Enjoyed Parts
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  BeverleyJuly 8, 2016
Due to incredibly difficult hours it tended to make the job quite un-enjoyable, for example because of short staffing there would be times i would conduct a 3am close to then return to open the store for 7am
Pros
enjoyed working with the people.
Cons
Poorly managed
loved the staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 7, 2016
i loved the staff i worked with, it was always a fun environment but was very fast paced and were under staffed slightly.
a day would be very busy sometime with only one person working, i learned to work very fast but it was very stressful, the manager was okay but would not always scheduled people in the times they were available. the on thing i loved about this job was the people i got to work with, they were friendly and caring
Pros
free lunch with every shift
Cons
long hours with little breaks
You're less an artist and more of an Assembly Line worker of Sandwiches
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 6, 2016
This very well could be your first job, or something to hold you over while you are working towards something greater, but really borders on the mundane.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
constant drama
It keeps you busy
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at work is making a lot of subs and a lot of cleaning it keeps you busy most of the time. my co-workers our very nice and work well as a team.
It was an ok place to work
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 5, 2016
- Free food if you worked 5 hrs or more per shift
- Not as hectic
- Very consistent work per shift
- Lots to do, time goes by fast
Pros
Free sandwich when working
Cons
Not consistent hours
Was a good Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erin, ONJuly 4, 2016
It was a good job, I liked the people I worked and we always got along well, My boss was reasonable with shift changes. I learned how to deal with tuff situations better, and how to deal with customers. The hardest part would have been dealing with the rude customers. Overall it was a good experience.
Pros
Free meals when working

2.8