Subway

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), edmonton abAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
I liked subway because it taught me alot about how to handle customers and get more experience in cashier. I enjoyed being able to work in an environment where my co workers were friendly. I got to do alot of janitorial duties, like dishwasher and the basic duties.
good productivity and fun workplace
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton MBAugust 29, 2015
hello
i like work here .its good management and good employment staffing supports and its my most enjoyable part of the job.
productive work
Cashier/ Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Boxgrove and Copper CreekAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Working with customers
Cons: too far from my house
*I was in charge of the management of the cash and responsible for smooth, accurate credit card, debit, and cash transactions.
*Extremely cautious in preparation and management of food
*Provided training and assistance to new employees
*Demonstrated a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
*Cleaned and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3- step method for cleaning.
*Completed University of SUBWAY courses as directed
This is a great place to work and make friends!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Mount Pearl, NLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch.
Cons: Paid Minimum wage
I have learned to work well under stress, and to have good time management, because there is only so much we can do within a day, and to be able to get everything done within a day I find very satisfying. My Co-workers were and still are amazing! If you're having a bad day, they know exactly how to cheer you up, as well as, they know how to have a laugh, but when the time comes they can be pretty serious. The management there are great, and they know how to make the place flow effortlessly. A typical day at work for me, would to be making sure everything is clean and that everything is stocked, and all the customers are served as quickly as possible. When the customer is Happy everyone is happy. The hardest part of the Job is dealing with Angry customers, and dealing with rushes while trying to get everything else done as quickly as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is carrying on conversations with customers and making them happy, as well as having a pretty lay back day without having to rush everything.
Productive and good management
Part Time Food Service Key Holder (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKAugust 20, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short hours
I've been working for this company for over 7 years now. I like the working atmosphere and the teamwork. I have a big family that's why I looked for a full-time job that would give me an opportunity to raise and support my children's needs. When I got laid off from my full time job it became too difficult for me to survive with the short hours I worked for Subway.
customer handaling
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), davanportAugust 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: many times i am alone
very nice day,with lots of customers.

i learn how to handle many customers.
well managed (clean and adorable)
good support from co workers.
Occasionally fun place to work, but poor pay, no benefits or promotions, no job security
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), VancouverAugust 18, 2015
Pros: free food and drinks, meeting awesome people, amazing coworkers (for the most part)
Cons: extremely stressful, low pay for hard work, no pay raise, little to no job security
Very demanding work place, especially working on a university campus during the school year.
Immense amount of work to do during all shifts.
Worked for three years, received absolutely no raise or benefits.
The job interfered greatly with my schooling and I was let go in the end for not being able to continue with strenuous schedule.
Productive And A Fun Workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKAugust 14, 2015
Pros: free employee meal
Cons: long hours
working in subway is good for your current expenses but not for the long term expenses.It's also a tuff and hard job.some times schedule problems happen.unexpected shifts.
productive and a fun workplace
Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 14, 2015
Pros: free inch subway
Cons: tiring work
a typical day at work was really good
learned a lot of things from dealing with customers and other things.
my co workers were all good and helping.
hardest part was to deal with lot of customers at once.
most enjoyable part was the job itself.
Overall work experience
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 10, 2015
For my first job I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. For the entire two years that I was employed there I can say that it was managed professionally and I bonded well with all of my coworkers. You're entire day involves working with money and food. I learned valuable skills and I also learned proper food preparation and sanitation. The hardest part of the job was the busy days and preparing a weeks worth of food for concert dates. The easiest part of the job was making everything and cleaning the food area. I loved all of my coworkers. When it came time to me giving my two weeks, I was taken off the schedule completely and cut down to one four hour shift a week the last two months that I was employed there.
productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 10, 2015
Pros: free employee meal
Cons: long hours
Friendly Staffed
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), lethbridgeAugust 10, 2015
It wasn't my dream job to work at subway but i really did enjoy it. I still am friends with alot of the people i met working at subway. it is a great job for young people and students
Starter Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Blind River, ONAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Safe Work Environment, Good Work Habbits
Working at Subway has taught me useful skills like: handling customers with ease and respect, ensuring that all product was in order and properly served, and how to handle pressure during intense scenarios. Working at Subway also made me a team player, teamwork is the most important thing during rush hour; accuracy and speed is a must, but will come in time for the newer employees.
Fast pace but fun place to work
Sandwich artist (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 7, 2015
I have learned to manage my time well, because you have to keep in mind all the tasks you have to finish while also taking customers at the same time. My day is never always the same as the other. My co-workers are great, love working with them. The hardest part would be when customers keep coming and not being able to finish all the necessary tasks of the job for example stocking the drinks and chips for the next day or taking out the frozen foods also for the next day.the most enjoyable part would be the free six inch :)
Fun workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Not enough hours
Fun place to work with a great staff and always great customers. Although management didn't give enough hours but was verykind to their staff.
NO TEAM PLAYERS.. SINkING SHIP.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours... stay later or put in over time you dont get paid for it..
awful.. only stayed because the first manager I had was good to me the rest I had in 6 months was a total of 4 who just stayed in the back on the whole time...
good learning experience
manager (Former Employee), kelownaAugust 5, 2015
Pros: free sub
Cons: none
everyday we had a list of things to do and if we did extra beyond our duties we were rewarded. i started out at the bottom and worked my way into manger position which taught me many skills in being organized both in the office and on the floor. everyone i worked with was pleasant and i think the cleaning was pretty tough but at the end of the day i got to enjoy the bread i baked and the veggies i prepped in a great sandwich and felt proud (my favorite part)
time management, customer service and communication skills
Store Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Free food, great people, flexible hours
Cons: no breaks until the store is empty
Hard job for someone with a hard time dealing with stress. very fast-paced at times, lineups occur and often times you are by yourself. Training may be unpaid as well depending on the owner.

learned how to work as a team member and time management to finish the duties on time and also learned how to talk with customer and how to behave with co workers
enjoyable parts of the job is you can meet different kind of the people everyday and you can learn different word everyday

I learned how to handle customer and make them happy with our services.I also worked with my team and give them training for customer service.I have ability to handle angry customer with complain to solve problem and make customer happy.
Good
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Walkerton, ONAugust 4, 2015
Good people to work with and also a good working environment. Lots of people come in just to get a specialty sandwich from one of us sandwich artists
subway
Artiste du sandwich/Superviseur (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 1, 2015
Working for Subway has had it's up and it's downs. The location I worked at changed owners twice and both were unorganized. I had to take it upon myself to organize the store and make daily duty lists for the employees, I was the one scrubbing the floors, dusting fans and cleaning wall where guests are seated.