Subway Employee Reviews

Found 2,016 reviews matching the search
Productive work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2017
The hardest part of working at subway was dealing with co-workers who cared less about their job, a typical day working at subway was handling over 60 customers a day.
It was really fun working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hazelton, BC18 September 2017
I would recommend working here its really good job I would recommend this job to anyone who's looking for a job it's a really fun workspace Co workers are really nice
working at subway
Counter Helper (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2017
Subway is a good workplace to learn how to be quick and give good customer service at the same time. I had good management that I worked with to make the workplace better for all of our team. I enjoyed working there because it was like a big family, everyone was looking after each other.
Good place of work for students
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 September 2017
Good job for a student who needs part time work. Learn how to prep food, serve customers in a polite and respectful way, and how to clean and maintain the workplace.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
poor pay
Awful
Key Holder, Lead Opener (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 September 2017
Dead end job, wage slave
Send help.

I literally have mental breakdowns at work, customers are absolutely horrendous, boss does not care, I got threatened last week at work by a customer, good times.
Good workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2017
Subway was a good place to start my career, it gave me vital customer service skills that I didn't have before they've given me a good basis to build the rest of my career on.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON16 September 2017
Cashier
Subway Sandwich Artist and cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2017
willing to do any work with full confident and will amke your compan proud. i'm very good at communication with different people as i'm studying hospitality right now at niagara college , so
Productive environment
Preparing food/cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitbourne, NL14 September 2017
A typical day at work can vary, sometimes it could be very fast or very slow , management are very nice and also cheer you on. The hardest part of the job is learning the different meats that go on each sub , the most enjoyable part is the team members make you feel very welcome and will jump in to help without being asked
Fun
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Comox, BC13 September 2017
It is a fun starting job and free lunches are awesome, I even get to experiment with different sandwiches finding out what I like and don't. Customers can make or break ones day but its positive experience.
Pros
Great people to work with and free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours given

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
Subway is an amazing place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB13 September 2017
I had an awesome sub crew they were amazing and super friendly and we had an amazing store i loved my job!! subway is definitely a great place to work 100% recommend!
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
fast passed but i loved it
Good learning experience
Sandwich artist" and cashier (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 September 2017
A typical day of work consists of prep, lunch rush and clean up. I learned, most of all, patience and the basics of customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer satisfaction.
Management is terrible not a good working enviroment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 September 2017
All staff were always miserable, no one could get along always working short. very few customers happy with this location. management was never around and could never get in contact with them. staff being fired for no reason.. just a terrible place to work
Très bon travail d'équipe, employeur dynamique et bonne condition de travail!
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  St.-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC12 September 2017
J'ai aimé travailler chez Subway. L'équipe de travail est fantastique. Je veux seulement changer d'emplois car je cherche un emplois temps plein et simplement avoir du changement.
Pros
Repas gratuit, belle équipe de travail, travail qui bouge, bonne entente avec le personnel et respect des employeurs
Cons
Pas de pause, pas d'assurance maladie et horaire variable
nice team
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 September 2017
The people I worked with were very nice and I enjoyed working with them a lot, we were good friends and we met outside of work too, so we had good relations at work and we worked well together.
Great team to work with
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB12 September 2017
The team that I had to work with was really great. The hardest part of the job when we were short staff, at nights. I have learned how to work in a very fast paced environment.
N/a
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Milford, CT11 September 2017
It's a good company for people who want to settle down without much hassle. Although, it's not a company for someone who wants work in innovative environment
Not a very fun or structured work environment.
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON (Cornwall Square)10 September 2017
I enjoyed the work I was doing but the management there made it impossible to learn properly. They rushed me at the start then drastically dropped my hours. On top of this there were several things that simply weren't being done correctly creating an even more stressful work environment. (e.g. Preps without gloves, and cutting worker's hours based on non-work related frustrations).This is solely towards the Location of Cornwall, Ontario Subway within the Cornwall Square food court.
simple tasks and friendly environment
chemainus - cashier/ sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Chemainus, BC10 September 2017
working here was nice the employees and most customers were friendly. i would usually work after school making sandwiches and cleaning the store and dishes. prioritizing tasks and using time management to get everything done in time to close the store.I learned you cant assume anything and it is always best to ask the customer what they would like. management was nice, but I never developed a friendly relationship with them. the hardest part of the job was being able to please all the customers while still following all the guidelines I had to, as well as adjusting to the computer system. The easiest part of the job was relating to the customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
strict management
productive and fun work place with free food
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 September 2017
A typical day at subway consisted of prepping vegetables and meat for the next day and making sandwiches for customers. I learned how to make a great sandwich and how to handle stressful situations. Very well managed company.
Pros
free food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8