Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,318 reviews matching the search
Time management and build good relation
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Working in Subway store is great. I learned great skills like time management and build good relation with customer. Winter 2016, it was toughest day for me. Generally in winters store is slow but and i just joined subway before 2 month and that day i saw suddenly i had 9 customer standing in queue. So i speed up and they all knew that i was new there so they encourage me and some of them had big order. But i finished all orders and at the end when i checked the system it was showing that i made 29 sandwiches in one hour by my self only. At that time i realize that if you truly believe in your self that everything is possible. So always work hard.
Pros
Free Cookies
really good place and enjoyed working with co-workers
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONSeptember 24, 2016
Subway was my second place where I worked. I really love woring with my Co-working as they are really very friendly with good and positive attitude. Great working experience.
Pros
free lunch, friendly co-workers, good and positive attitude, really very fast service
Cons
no cons at all
Great
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ONSeptember 24, 2016
Great workplace, was trained thoroughly with a patient and kind boss. Amazing location, regular customers on a daily basis, became very good friends with all of my fellow employees.
Liked the job, always around making school orders & deliveries
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Manager, loved working with people that soon were my friends, school orders and loved talking to kids, getting to know the employees and teaching them
Pros
Talking with customer service, clean work.
Cons
Too stressful
I hated this job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2016
I did not like this job because It was horrible to me. I never got more than 1 day off. I was there for 6 months straight. I worked 112 weekly. I never had time to myself.
it was fun to work at subway
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 22, 2016
the most enjoyable part was that talking to new and old people everyday, and getting to know whats going around and got the experience to work fast at any situation
Cons
Good place for a first time job!
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Working at subway, like any other fast food industry will be one of the easiest jobs you can ever have. Everything is cut and clear to the point, always explained how the job should be done. Very flexible hours and great management!
Productive and busy
sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  205 memorial aveSeptember 18, 2016
I worked at Subway as a team leader. I was responsible for weekly paper work and helping serve customers. I particularly enjoyed doing the daily and weekly paperwork.
Okay Job, its a relaxing job.
Night Supervisor, Closed store at night (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2016
If you want permanent or work that you can rise in and go further then subway is not for you. you can only go so high and the pay stays pretty much the same and you don`t get benefits until your manager..
Pros
Free Subs
Cons
No benefits or not a lot of chances to go further
fun atmospere
Sandwich Artist/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2016
i love working for subway just not the type of owners there are.
i would always go back for their food, would love to own a subway one of these days
good company
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Grassland, ABSeptember 10, 2016
Owner is good to work for,staff is very hard working and easy to get along with and it is a team effort.very busy atmosphere.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
rude customers
Productive Workplace
TTC Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2016
Very busy day specially the weekends. I have learned the customer experience. My management and co-workers were very nice. Hardest part was to keep standing for long hours.
productive, fun workplace, best for part time work
Subway Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 10, 2016
subway is a best place to work for part time as student. Got to learn customer service, management, handle pressure. Day starts with taking over the cash counter from one of the co worker having having fun with customers and serving best i can do to customers.
No satisfaction
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2016
I like to do job where people work according to rules . There should be proper code of conduct. I have been working a place where no one appreciate your work does not matter how good you work. I like to work in a fast paced environment. I am good in a customer service.
Pros
free food
Cons
no appreciation, no increment in salary, poor team work
Priductive
Lethbridge - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 6, 2016
Multitasking work culture, friendly staff and work culture. Challenging job with high work pressure. Hardest part was travelling.
Pros
Financial benefits
Cons
Lots of travelling
sandwich artist
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Pine Falls, MBSeptember 4, 2016
operated cash register and processed cash, credit card and debit card payments; counted and balanced cash.
greeted and served guests, prepared product, maintain food safty and sanitation standards.
prepared sandwiches, salads and other menu items; checked products in sandwich unit area and restocked to ensure sufficient supply throughout the shift.
cleaned and sanitized the costumer and service areas and equipment to promote a clean restaurant image.
Safe & fast paced work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2016
Teaches good food handling & preparation technique, as well as daily restaurant maintenance approaches & point of service system experience. A safe environment with friendly workers & an even friendlier manager, a great first job with well organized planning & great team working. You're never lost when your co-workers are with you! Hardest part of the job? Well, it wouldn't be work if you weren't doing work.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Only that the job didn't last longer!
My Experience
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 31, 2016
The work days were nice and fun. Meet lots of clientele and try to serve them to the best of your ability. You learn how to prep the meats and vegetables along with how to cut the bread properly, placements of the meats and cheese to toasting it just right. The management was fairly good DEPENDING on who's your manager. I personally didn't feel welcome and felt set up to fail most of the time. There was NO warning nor confrontation as to what I was doing wrong. They kept cutting my shifts until I was working only 6 hours a week and had me ask as to why they were getting cut so short. Only then they would give a warning and expect me to fix within two days and this was my second month of working there. I would say the hardest part of the job was to remain calm when there's a lot of people and not over think too much if you are prone to stress.
Pros
Free fountain drinks on shift, free 6 inch or 12 in sub (depends on your shift) discounts on chips, bottled drinks and cookies, tips
Cons
Slow days, the odd rude coworker, rude clientele, standing for long periods of time
customer service and problem solving
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCAugust 26, 2016
I work part time at Subway. I have an excellent owner. the best part of the job is during rush hours because I can demonstrate my ability to move and to serve people as faster as I can. I make preparation and I receive calls and take notes when customers have orders to make for specific events.
Pros
dynamic environment
It was a part time job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONAugust 24, 2016
it was my part time job, I worked around 30 hours a week. I am now looking to advance to full time employment in my field of work. We did get a free lunch, which I enjoyed.
Pros
Easy work, free lunch
Cons
Not a livable wage

2.8