Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,239 reviews matching the search
Hardworking person
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 23, 2016
The company that i used to work is very busy place because its located inside of the mall.They management is quite good but sometimes they have discrimination of the employee.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
not paying the overtime hours
Subway
Sandwich Artist & Store Opener/ Closer (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJune 23, 2016
• Preparing the store by opening the facility, created and balancing cash float, prepared food based on sale volumes
• Obtained a strong knowledge of store policy and procedures
• Provided to customer service by responding to client inquiries and complaints
• Ensured timely submission of time sheet of personal time sheets and that of team
• Secured facility at end of shift
Always busy!
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Porcupine, ONJune 20, 2016
Always busy making people their breakfast, lunch and supper! From prepping the meats and veggies to bread and making them their sandwich or salad the way they want them.. making them happy is what counts! Running a restaurant isn't always easy but great staff make it better.
No fun at work at all
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 19, 2016
A lot of interaction with new people. I earned respect from my coworkers and my owner. Management is one of the toughest task to handle and i participated in the management of the organization. To be honest i did not feel any hardship at work. And lastly most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with lot of people/
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unpaid Breaks :(
Subway workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJune 18, 2016
What i learned is to greet people when they come in the store. Sometimes The store is not busy and what I do is just clean when it is not busy.
Pros
Free Meal
Cons
Behavior of customers
Enjoyable, fast paced environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 17, 2016
Duties at this job is the same as other fast food place expectations. Worked in fast paced enviorment, clean utilities Greeted and assisted customers creating a welcoming/friendly environment.
Received customers orders,prepared food/beverages according to specifications. Operated cash register; accepted/processed payments via cash and debit/credit transactions.Disinfected and sanitized kitchen work stations, public areas and washrooms
Ensured all food products were fresh and ready to serve and Prepared serving stations and replenished product. I am a team player, and am able to complete task with coworkers or independently.
subway review
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Markdale, ONJune 16, 2016
The subway I worked at I Markdale, ON was ok. needed some better management. Less drama. everyone needs to do their job correctly. For example I did the night shift and I had to do veggies and meat as the people before me should have done it before I had came into work. They would leave garbage so full that I could barely lift it out of the garbage bucket.
Subway review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 13, 2016
Very unfriendly management and ownership. Infrequent/random hours. Co-workers were friendly. Customers were friendly.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No hours
Fun environment
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 13, 2016
Fun place to work in. Team members were amazing always willing to hear them and help out. Miss it there but its sold
Loved the people, hated the hours
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 12, 2016
I worked here for 7 months and it was a blast if you have the right co-workers. The one problem was a change in management and I went from have 4 shifts a week to only 1 shift a week even when i requested for more. Over all fun place to work if you have the right people.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun staff.
Cons
Not very many hours
Fun and comfortable place to work at
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 11, 2016
- good coworkers
- excellent management
- love meeting new people / interacting with regular
- i have learned that a positive attitude is needed at all times
- hardest part would be if there are too many customers in line just eyeing you down, but again it is a fun job
Pros
Good coworkers and management
Cons
Not many hours
with customers time goes very fast and i like the busy hours of store to enjoy
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
it is a great experience for me to work in subway. in here we get only basic amount $11.25 ,no benifits which is not a huge amount to complete all the desires.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no doubt long hours
Excellent franchise
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONJune 8, 2016
I operated Subway franchise for over 20 years, it is rewarding to own your business, I manage and work with wonderful people. I interact with other franchisee, attended seminar with head office, and earned experience in business operation and management that I will carry with me forever
Pros
nice to be your own boss
Cons
you are always on call
cooperative and friendly
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJune 8, 2016
i am a hardworking person.
has a good grasping ability.
love to make friends with co-workers.
i love working at pressure
Pros
friendly
Fun place to work with but salary is not competitive
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 7, 2016
Subway First Avenue store is a fun place to work and we have a lot of regular customers that keeps coming back because they said they like our excellent service. One of the things I learned at Subway is that how we manage and lead the store. I can say that the management are working hand in hand to lead and guide their staff. My co workers are amazing and they have a team work especially when we get busy during lunch time. Hardest part of the job maybe if there is a call sick person and nobody can replace her/ his shift. Every single day of my job in Subway was enjoyable.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Not competitive salary
So fun and a nice place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NSJune 6, 2016
In a typical day I was constantly making subs and interacting with customers, restocking supplies, and doing the required cleaning. There wasn't a lot of time for a break. Management was wonderful to me and my co-workers were like family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with my tendinitis, but I enjoyed working there every day.
Pros
Free subs
Cons
Lobster season
Fun workplace but the lack of organization within the management made the workplace unpleasant at times.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Alfred, ON and then Gloucester, ONJune 4, 2016
Every day was pretty much the same thing. When an employee comes in, he or she has to make sure everything is filled up and clean and check what needs to be done in terms of food preparation and cleaning. After the employee has made sure that they had enough food, they would start cleaning the store in between serving the customers.
With these types of jobs, one learns to deal with the public effectively and with a pleasant attitude. For example, you cannot serve the customer with a bad attitude, even if something is troubling you. The customer has nothing to do with your personal life, and he deserves to be treated as a customer, and not an emotional punching bag, so to speak.
The family spirit is usually quite present with these types of environments. Constantly working as a team makes one value the help of his peers. Since Subway is a sandwich shop, the customers, like with any other store that is in the food industry, can be easily irritated and/or difficult at times. Of course, it doesn't happen often but sometimes it can get irritating to get treated poorly just because that customer has a lot on his mind. It's nothing an employee can't deal with, but it is always nice to serve people that have big smiles and appreciate your work. With that being said, I would say helping people that have a good attitude and are grateful for your work is the best part of this job. I enjoy helping people and have no problem dealing with picky customers. When those customers warn you before that they are going to be difficult and express their appreciation after you've helped them, that
  more... gives me a sens a gratification. I enjoy helping people and I had the opportunity to do so everyday with this job.  less
Pros
Helping people and the social aspect of work.
Cons
Dealing with angry customers, especially when there's nothing I can do about their complaint.(for example, the price of a sandwich)
Unrewarding
Sandwich Artist (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Barrhead, ABJune 3, 2016
- Hard company to work for.
- Never recognized as a valued employee.
- My coworkers were great for the most part. As with every job there were hard days.
- Hardest part of the job was being told I was never doing good enough. Never getting a raise after the years I was there. I worked there for many years on and off.
- I loved talking with the customers and coworkers that I worked with. Developing the relationship I had with everyone was amazing.
Pros
coworkers, customers
Cons
no raises, certain coworkers getting special treatment
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJune 2, 2016
I learned that its not easy to earn money. I also learned that customer satisfactions is the key part for a successful business. It feels like a group of individual working together to meet the goals of the business. The enjoyable part is when u get a tip from someone even though there was no tip box.
Pros
Free sub
Cons
late shift
Great place to gain customer service experience
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 1, 2016
I appreciated the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where I could interact with new faces on a daily basis. I learned a lot about customer service skills and how to respond to difficult customers/situations. I also learned how to multi-task.The hardest part of the job was being the only employee in the store at times; it can be challenging to cover the positions of a sandwich maker and cashier when there are multiple customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the familiar faces of regular customers, and knowing exactly how to respond to their order of "the usual".
Pros
Flexible hours, long shifts
Cons
Being the only employee in the store for a couple of hours at night