Subway Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,297 reviews matching the search
customer service and problem solving
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCAugust 26, 2016
I work part time at Subway. I have an excellent owner. the best part of the job is during rush hours because I can demonstrate my ability to move and to serve people as faster as I can. I make preparation and I receive calls and take notes when customers have orders to make for specific events.
Pros
dynamic environment
It was a part time job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONAugust 24, 2016
it was my part time job, I worked around 30 hours a week. I am now looking to advance to full time employment in my field of work. We did get a free lunch, which I enjoyed.
Pros
Easy work, free lunch
Cons
Not a livable wage
Target based, fun loving workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONAugust 23, 2016
A very nice work environment.
Excellent team
Opportunities to grow
After working for a while, I learned that lots of improvements could be done to achieve efficiency. My suggestions were welcomed by top management.
Most enjoyable part was a very nice and supportive team members and very good Supervisor.
It was always a fun and work place.
Great high school job.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Stonewall, MBAugust 22, 2016
Subway was a great first job for me. They were very accommodating for me with school and extra curriculars. Subway also challenged me in areas i was not so strong in. Overall, i enjoyed my time with Subway.
was fun to work for the company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 20, 2016
I worked all shifts . Nights you had to do all the prep for the next day you also had to bake bread ,cookies ,put the delivery away. Days you had to bake bread ,cookies make sure the line is full and have enough prep till the next shift comes in, clean the dining room. afternoon. make sure that the inventory is done and the orders are done for the delivery as well as sever customers .

the hardest part of the job was you were working by yourself so if u had to go to the bathroom u had to lock the door or take the chance in between customers
Pros
free food
Cons
working by yourself
good
Subway manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 19, 2016
I had fun and like to work with this company .
it was very helpful experience.
Management of the subway is wonderful.
i am learning lots of useful thing with this job .
Fun place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 19, 2016
Wanted to open my own subway franchise so loved to work here and gain more experience and learn more about how subway works.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Good hours
Productive workplace, with occasional fun.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Subway GreenbankAugust 19, 2016
A Subways success is determined by the management team, and how the employees are shaped, trained, and taught to perfect subway standard. i learned to do cleaning, and food preparation tasks, to subway standard in a timely manner. Co-workers are always communicating to get closing procedures done, or shortening long lines.
Pros
50% off all food, free fountain drinks
Nice, but unreliable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at work involved making sandwiches for customers. Management was rather rude at times. Co-workers were friendly and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was remembering the different kinds of sandwiches and what meats go on them. The most enjoyable part of the job was washing the dishes.
Pros
Discount on sandwiches
Cons
Unreliability
Meh
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2016
While the first location was fair, the second location didn't pay me and i had to call the ministry of labor. they also had no regard for their employees at times
Allowed me to expand my skills while enjoying the workplace.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 13, 2016
On a daily basis, I do all the prep work that is required. I prepare sandwiches for customers. Also, I make schedules, put out the delivery order, send reports to Head Office. I ensure the store is running smoothly and nothing is lacking. I often deal with complaints and solve any issue using interpersonal skills. I train all new workers and maintain positive relationships with my coworkers. Working for Subway for all these years allowed me to manage my time well, be responsible and patient.
fun loving place with team members and able to know different customers.
Subway as a customer service and cashier (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 10, 2016
i like meeting different people and to keep relations with customers for long term. i have learned many things from subway by greeting customers and by giving them a good customer service is our main goal.
overall good
Storefront Team Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 10, 2016
time management in weekly hours was good and workplace was clean and team members were friendly and good trained but there was my problem of movement to another city.
extremely enjoyable
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BCAugust 9, 2016
a very good job, would highly recommend. coworkers are friendly and always willing to help, customers enjoy a good laugh. hardest part is closing the store at the end of the night, just because time is certainly a factor with it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be stressful on sysco order days
the art of sandwice making
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  SandwichAugust 9, 2016
A typical day at work was average. I learned many skills, like for example, customer service. My co-workers were great and the work place was amazing. It was very enjoyable.
Pros
free lunces
Productive and busy
Supervisor, closer, opener (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONAugust 8, 2016
fast paste environment
very friendly staff an understanding managers
you have to pay close attention to detail when making subs to customers requests
Productive workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Stewiacke, NSAugust 8, 2016
Enjoyable enough, nice people work with, Management could improve, slightly. Clean and tidy back room, with fully functioning, but not always operating machinery.
Pros
Breaks and free food
Fast food
Server (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBAugust 5, 2016
Working at subway was a face paced kept me in my toes. I like to learn new things so it was a great experience. I would definitely work at another subway unfortunately that's not my ideal job
Pros
Free lunch...easy going manager
Cons
It was part time worked for cause i was going to school same time
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 4, 2016
a typical day at work was fast paced and busy.
I gained supervising experience from this job.
I was a supervisor therefore i was in charge of delegating between tasks and coworkers. Co-workers respected each other and was a fun environment.
It's a great place to work except for lack of decent management
Customer Service Rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stewiacke, NSAugust 3, 2016
The days vary at subway, it can be very busy or not at all. I have learned how to do all kinds of food preparation and customer service tips. The management is not very good, but the co-workers are good. The hardest part of the job is to keep everything in order. But the most enjoyable thing is getting to deal hands on with the customers and having a great team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Manager, lack of guidence

2.8