Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,741 reviews matching the search
Good supportive manager and co-employees
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  University of Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Extremely busy during the lunch hours. Should be well prepared in terms of food, need to be at our toes to efficiently work to reduce the waiting time for customers(Yes a long line-up always)
Pros
Free food
Cons
Extreme busy
fun job
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  taylor ave24 April 2017
had alot of fun working there. good people and they treat you very well. Good hours and very patient with you. except the owner which is kind of mean to her workers
Pros
free 6 inch
Cons
mean of an owner
Welcoming environment and thoughtful workers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Working here allowed for flexible hours and a welcoming environment. It requires you to work hard on a daily basis and make the customers feel welcomed and have an enjoyable experience. It is tiring, especially on busy days but it is easy to manage at the end of the day. Overall, my experience at subway was good and allowed me to gain the basic skills needed.
Pros
Lunch discounts
Cons
Tiring
Subway was a good experience and fun.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 April 2017
Working at subway was an amazing experience, I loved working there. There were no downsides to working there. I learned a lot about customer service and working in a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of working there was working. The hardest part about the job was learning everything.
Pros
Free lunch good coworkers
Cons
living far from work.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
Typical day at work would be to plan for what you have to get done in order to serve customers flawlessly without interruption. The ability to flourish customer service skills was most dominant as was the opportunity to work on prioritization of tasks, keeping health and safety laws in mind at all times, effective marketing strategies, and learning how to make simple change. Management is always pleasant, the culture is dedicated like you are part of a tiny family that needs to succeed day after day, hardest part of the job is leaving because there is always something to do that you feel like you want to stay and help, and the long lunch and dinner time line ups are the most enjoyable because it's super fun to serve hundreds of people within an hour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
My experience working is great. I learned to manage things which I never had I idea about it. Handling customers with a smile as "happy customers happy me" and give them what they deserve. I don't remember if there was any hardest part in my job because I always believe that every coming next day is a challenge to me. Personally, my most enjoyable part of my job is to serve customers.
Great talkative regular customers
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Drumbo, ON24 April 2017
I have worked here for the past two years, and It has been wonderful, close and convenient. I have built a lot of new relationships with customers as the majority of our customers are regulars, and I enjoy seeing them almost every day. Working in customer service has taught me to be a lot more open, and cheerful.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Low pay
costumer services, retail acumen
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 April 2017
Pretty decent job, very simple. The job is good, the environment just depends on who you are working with. Once you get good at making sandwiches the job becomes very easy
very friendly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on23 April 2017
the staff at subway was very friendly and caring and they had respect for everyone. helped me a build cooking skills. customer service was very good aswell
Good place to start and grow
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON23 April 2017
Good place to make money and do you work then go home
Learnt how to make subs to customers preferences as well as good food safety
Hardest part of the job was rushes during promos and all the people standing there watching you make their food
It fun to work at subway
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
It's a good place to experience the multi-culture environment, although some customers are impatient, eccentric, frustrated would blame you for nothing. They just want to release all that tension on someone.

Subway team is very supportive and provide proper guidance when needed. I am quite satisfied.
Pros
effective customer service
Cons
not enough working hours
fun work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
working in a fast food industry.I've learned how to serve costumer, doing preps and baking breads. hardest part is to work alone and have to handle everything. and most enjoyable when costumer making good vibes.
Meh
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2017
Really loved the staff and the actual job itself, but the management was not good. We were forced to close the store alone and the hours were not flexible at all, they did not care about other commitments or school. Manager was not willing to work, if the manager was better, this would have been a very good job.
Pros
free lunch, fun job
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
The area where the franchise is located is a bit ghetto but most of the clients were nice and never caused problem. Staff member working there were humble and make sure your happy to work with them and guide you well.
Pros
Free lunch
Okay
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Langham, SK18 April 2017
It's okay, it was the only job that was available close to me as I did not have a vehicle when I started work. My manager is really nice and very understanding.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Rude customers
Lots of great people and customers
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON18 April 2017
the employees are great however the management does not do their jobs and they refuse to talk to employees about issues. Also will cut hours if they want you to quit in order to not have to find reasons to fire you.
the rest of the job is amazing though
Pros
great customers
Cons
horrible management
Sanwich Artist and Single Closer
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 April 2017
a day goes from 6-8 hours.Including food prep,cleaning,customer handling and cash.
I've learned a lot over the years about team cooperation, and great customer skills like confidence and communication
Pros
free food and good company