Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,489 reviews matching the search
Easy and good training ground store.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
Subway is my first job when I and my family came here in Canada. it is pleasant to meet different people every day, I learned a lot of things with the store, more importantly how to give your best shot in working as a team. I am glad that I worked with people who are good trainers and mentors they taught me every detail how to work and sometimes manage the store when our manager is sick. my co- workers are also nice and cooperative in our tasks, they all become my friends. the hardest part is handling people's rudeness but in most cases tolerable. I enjoyed my work because I am inspired because of my family.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks
Positive and fun work enviroment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Wiarton, ON17 January 2017
A typical day working at subway would be making subs and preparing vegetables for the day, lots of baking and keeping the store clean. The management was very good kept everything organized. Co-workers were very positive and very fun too work with made the day better, best part of the day was working them. Ive never had a bad day working there other than some customers and one co-worker.
Pros
co-workers, positive, always something to do
Cons
What an average work place should be like
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB28 December 2016
I have nothing bad to say.
While I worked for this company everything was relatively fair. The only reason I am not rating higher is because the stress level increases with the increase of customers. And some of the customers are unable to understand staff limitations with formulas.

Beyond the customer issues (which obviously varies)
I never had a problem.
Pros
Fair and can be fun
Cons
The occasional over demanding customer
customer related and productive work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 December 2016
prepping food, cleaning the store, putting away order 2 times a week, serve customers, food safety, washed and sanitized dishes, made food orders and smoothies for customers. the co-workers were very easy to get a long with and most worked as a team. the hardest part of the job was pleasing the customers. the most enjoyable part of the job was when you did please the customers.
Pros
free julius drinks
Cons
complaints
Good food
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 January 2017
I worked straight nights preparing all meat and veggies, cleaning equipment, floors and any other surfaces/dishes. I learned to make a good sandwich is to make it exactly to customer specifications. I didn't work with anyone but co-workers seemed friendly. Before company underwent new management it was great, after change went downhill as productivity slowed down. Hardest part was to make sure veggies were prepared, meats were properly weighed and stored, cleaning of all (floors, surfaces, dishes, equipment). I really enjoyed the connection you make with customers after you make them a perfect sandwich and get acknowledged for doing a great job.
Pros
free sub after work, building great relationship with customers.
Cons
only one there during nights.
BEST experience ,fun work,
Food counter attendant-Supervisor-Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC1 December 2016
I had the best experience worked there. That was my first job and the people i worked with my owner my co-worker and especially customers they all treat each other like Family thats the best part of it. you always get appreciated for your good work.I will always be in touch with them. so People make sure if you travelling the northern BC via SMITHERS .... dont miss the best customer service,best food on your way ...and ofcourse the smiling faces :) :)
Pros
Free breakfast-lunch-dinner. Funwork.
The people are great the pay isn't
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2016
Subway was a great place to learn how to be an employee it teaches you time management skills and forces you to work as a team on the assembly line. The people are very nice and the managers are very forgiving at least where i worked. However the pay is absolutely terrible and very little room for pay raises at least with the owner of my store. the only way to break $20,000 was to become a manager and that was maybe an extra 200 a week for 4 times the responsibility. The best part of the job was becoming good enough that most of the work became a cakewalk whereas the hardest part would definitely be disciplining newer workers.
Pros
employee meals
Cons
Not much room for raises and advancement
Productive...fast paced...fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB1 December 2016
It was my second job I had when I was the right age to start working back in the day. Management was good i enjoyed it. I was always opening the store and i would come to work and work with other employers that called and said the other worker was hiding in the back not helping and just eating. I would go and tell the lazy worker to go home and help out whoch i got a raise for doing and was looked at to be a manager at the time.
Pros
U get a free sub to take home at the end of shift
Cons
Lazy workers
Good Work place
Roistering staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
• Carrying out frequent checks of the Restaurant, Dining Room, Lounge and Kitchen.
• Roistering staff in accordance with business needs.
• Setting targets with clear standards and time scales.
• Supporting, developing and motivating staff.
• Co-ordinating both the front and back of house operations.
• Supervising the shifts of waiting, kitchen and cleaning staff to ensure that peak periods are fully covered.
• Arranging staff rotas so that there is optimum cover during peak restaurant trading periods.
Pros
Pleasent
Cons
Workload
Productive and good wprkplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2016
Bake breads and cookies throughout the day.
Wash, peel and cut salads and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
Check food temperatures regularly to ensure safety standard requirements are meet.
Ensure customers’ orders are prepare correctly.
Assist customers with menu questions and concerns.
Handle cash, take phone calls and delivery of supplies.
Open and close store when required.
Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces and utensils.
Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
Coordinate with co- workers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Flexible with life balance
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON13 November 2016
Subway is a good starter job. Not only does it make you learn how to manage a lot of tasks all together but it enhances your customer service skills such as problem solving and being sure that customers are happy at their experience to the restaurant. At subway you manage doing skills such as dishes, preparing veggies and meats, making the subs, cashing clients out, and doing cleaning tasks. After working there for three years, I have gained good enough skills to be able to open the restaurant as well as close the restaurant. This was a great first part time job.
it was interesting
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB14 January 2017
In my opinion working at Subway was great at first because the owner was awesome to work for but after he sold the business my work place was ok but no great. I left for personal reasons. Working at Tim Horton's was a good job as well I left because I was pregnant. And as for the rest of my jobs I did my best in working there.
Pros
free meal staff was fun to work with
Cons
not enough days off and long hours
I liked working with healthy food and customers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC6 December 2016
I started out as a sandwich maker. I learned the ropes of the business and then advanced to supervisor. Being that I was there for 2.5 years I was given full benefits with dental insurance. Excellent training was provided which instilled confidence in me to proceed to the next level of supervisor.
Pros
training and advancement
Cons
losing good workers to other job placements
productive and fun workplace environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
gain knowledge regarding the importance of health nutrition and food handlind & safety which plays a key part of my work. Over all managing workflow and safety mean while. My coworkers always gave friendly and helping environment plus my best part of the job was to assist customers regarding our new promotions and menus.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
long standing job (sometimes)
Enjoyable Workplace
Jr. Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2016
Working at Subway, for the most part, was a great environment to be in. I learned plenty about dealing with customers and how to be more independent as an employee.The hardest part of the job is dealing with roadblocks, such as running out of certain products. The most enjoyable part was the relationships built with the people you worked with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not much accommodation for scheduling needs
Friendly management and flexible hours!
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 December 2016
Dealing with costumers, promoting sub specials and handling cash. Involves basic cleaning, and knowledge about safe food handling and preparation. Management is excellent, they are extremely flexible with hours, especially for students. Co-workers are friendly as well. Most enjoyable part of the job is the regular costumers who come in: always pleasant!
Good environment to work in,cooperative team members
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Panchkula, Haryana11 November 2016
The work place is overall fun if you co-operate with your team members as per required. It is just not my or your work it is our work and that was one of the best things i liked about working in subway.Our supervisor was great no pressure on the employee no matter how busy the store used to get. Overall i have more good things to say then bad
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
long hours sometimes
Former Subway Employee
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
I enjoyed working at subway. I progressed really fast into a manager. It was a great experience . The environment Is fun and it was for the most part a drama free work environment. There really are a lot of behind the scenes things that you can learn. It is also very fresh, very clean, and very regulated by inspectors. Overall a good work place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inconsistent schedules
Productive and Comfortable workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 October 2016
Work at subway was productive, enjoyable, comfortable, and challenging. It was challenging at first getting used to remembering the orders, the schedule, and the aura of the work place, but once I began to get the hang of things it became natural. I learned how to communicate with people better, how to manage temperature, restaurant cleanliness, stock backup, pace of service, schedule maintenance, customer service, money, and how to appropriately approach unhappy/curious customers.
Pros
free lunch, new skills, discounts
productive and fun workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON22 October 2016
a typical day at work consists of washing dishes, cleaning the oven, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, taking out garbage and recycling, preparing food, taking customers, cashier, counting inventory and making bread.
i learned time managment while balancing school and working this job. i learned a good work ethic i help out with more than asked for and stay late at work when needed i work hard for the money i get paid. the most enjoyble part of the job is cooking the food and socializing with different customers. my co-workers have taught me team work and sharing the tasks equally.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short shifts

2.8