Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,325 reviews matching the search
Subway is an excellent work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 28, 2016
As an employee of subway, I have to say it is one of the best jobs I have had. I learned in my two years of working there that team work is a must. Without team work, a normal day would be chaotic.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no free lunches
It's a fun place to work with great people
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  South Porcupine, ONSeptember 28, 2016
The hardest part of my job, I find is to keep up with a the new things. I love the fact that you gotta memorize a few subs combinations and that we are always making subs or making sure your store is very clean so costumers may come again. I love my co-wokers, they are fun to work with even on a bad day.
It was a great experience at subway
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCSeptember 27, 2016
I get to know about that how to deal with customers. It also increased my working speed and moreover knowledge. Coworkers were very helpful and I enjoyed working with them.
Make sandwiches and interact with people who want to buy food.
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  St.-Lazare, QCSeptember 26, 2016
Typical day at work would consist of cleaning the store, preparing food for the days work and making sandwiches for people wanting to buy Subway, Co-workers were high school students like me at the time. the job was engaging, not a lot of downtime and generally fun. management was nice and very sympathetic to personal needs and basic human needs.
Pros
discounted food for employees
Cons
long hours on your feet sometimes
Time management and build good relation
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 25, 2016
Working in Subway store is great. I learned great skills like time management and build good relation with customer. Winter 2016, it was toughest day for me. Generally in winters store is slow but and i just joined subway before 2 month and that day i saw suddenly i had 9 customer standing in queue. So i speed up and they all knew that i was new there so they encourage me and some of them had big order. But i finished all orders and at the end when i checked the system it was showing that i made 29 sandwiches in one hour by my self only. At that time i realize that if you truly believe in your self that everything is possible. So always work hard.
Pros
Free Cookies
subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working for subway. I learnt a lot when I was a manager. I enjoyed learning to make the bread and doing prep work. I really enjoyed the majority of customers, and working in the busier restaurants.
Pros
free 6' every 4 hours
Cons
some restaurants have large employee turnovers
really good place and enjoyed working with co-workers
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONSeptember 24, 2016
Subway was my second place where I worked. I really love woring with my Co-working as they are really very friendly with good and positive attitude. Great working experience.
Pros
free lunch, friendly co-workers, good and positive attitude, really very fast service
Cons
no cons at all
Great
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ONSeptember 24, 2016
Great workplace, was trained thoroughly with a patient and kind boss. Amazing location, regular customers on a daily basis, became very good friends with all of my fellow employees.
Liked the job, always around making school orders & deliveries
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Manager, loved working with people that soon were my friends, school orders and loved talking to kids, getting to know the employees and teaching them
Pros
Talking with customer service, clean work.
Cons
Too stressful
I hated this job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 23, 2016
I did not like this job because It was horrible to me. I never got more than 1 day off. I was there for 6 months straight. I worked 112 weekly. I never had time to myself.
it was fun to work at subway
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCSeptember 22, 2016
the most enjoyable part was that talking to new and old people everyday, and getting to know whats going around and got the experience to work fast at any situation
Cons
Good place for a first time job!
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Strathroy-Caradoc, ONSeptember 20, 2016
Working at subway, like any other fast food industry will be one of the easiest jobs you can ever have. Everything is cut and clear to the point, always explained how the job should be done. Very flexible hours and great management!
Productive and busy
sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  205 memorial aveSeptember 18, 2016
I worked at Subway as a team leader. I was responsible for weekly paper work and helping serve customers. I particularly enjoyed doing the daily and weekly paperwork.
Okay Job, its a relaxing job.
Night Supervisor, Closed store at night (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2016
If you want permanent or work that you can rise in and go further then subway is not for you. you can only go so high and the pay stays pretty much the same and you don`t get benefits until your manager..
Pros
Free Subs
Cons
No benefits or not a lot of chances to go further
fun atmospere
Sandwich Artist/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2016
i love working for subway just not the type of owners there are.
i would always go back for their food, would love to own a subway one of these days
good company
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Grassland, ABSeptember 10, 2016
Owner is good to work for,staff is very hard working and easy to get along with and it is a team effort.very busy atmosphere.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
rude customers
Productive Workplace
TTC Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 10, 2016
Very busy day specially the weekends. I have learned the customer experience. My management and co-workers were very nice. Hardest part was to keep standing for long hours.
productive, fun workplace, best for part time work
Subway Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 10, 2016
subway is a best place to work for part time as student. Got to learn customer service, management, handle pressure. Day starts with taking over the cash counter from one of the co worker having having fun with customers and serving best i can do to customers.
No satisfaction
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2016
I like to do job where people work according to rules . There should be proper code of conduct. I have been working a place where no one appreciate your work does not matter how good you work. I like to work in a fast paced environment. I am good in a customer service.
Pros
free food
Cons
no appreciation, no increment in salary, poor team work
Priductive
Lethbridge - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 6, 2016
Multitasking work culture, friendly staff and work culture. Challenging job with high work pressure. Hardest part was travelling.
Pros
Financial benefits
Cons
Lots of travelling

2.8