Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,408 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2016
Clean, fun, and friendy environment. The food is really always fresh and the amount if work to be done is reasonable. Some times the shifts are too long and the number of employees at a shift is not enough but over all its a pretty good company with high standards. As an employee I enjoy working at subway and I also enjoy eating there.
Productive...fast paced...fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Rimbey, AB1 December 2016
It was my second job I had when I was the right age to start working back in the day. Management was good i enjoyed it. I was always opening the store and i would come to work and work with other employers that called and said the other worker was hiding in the back not helping and just eating. I would go and tell the lazy worker to go home and help out whoch i got a raise for doing and was looked at to be a manager at the time.
Pros
U get a free sub to take home at the end of shift
Cons
Lazy workers
BEST experience ,fun work,
Food counter attendant-Supervisor-Manager (Former Employee) –  Smithers, BC1 December 2016
I had the best experience worked there. That was my first job and the people i worked with my owner my co-worker and especially customers they all treat each other like Family thats the best part of it. you always get appreciated for your good work.I will always be in touch with them. so People make sure if you travelling the northern BC via SMITHERS .... dont miss the best customer service,best food on your way ...and ofcourse the smiling faces :) :)
Pros
Free breakfast-lunch-dinner. Funwork.
The people are great the pay isn't
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2016
Subway was a great place to learn how to be an employee it teaches you time management skills and forces you to work as a team on the assembly line. The people are very nice and the managers are very forgiving at least where i worked. However the pay is absolutely terrible and very little room for pay raises at least with the owner of my store. the only way to break $20,000 was to become a manager and that was maybe an extra 200 a week for 4 times the responsibility. The best part of the job was becoming good enough that most of the work became a cakewalk whereas the hardest part would definitely be disciplining newer workers.
Pros
employee meals
Cons
Not much room for raises and advancement
fun work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 November 2016
prepping opening and lunch shifts
didn't like the owner as he was ignorant to the employs
had fun with the employees
hard work but the best part i loved was to go home at the end of my shift.
Pros
free lunh
Cons
the owner was ignorant
I worked at a slow working company
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Preeceville, SK28 November 2016
The work itself was simple and easy to do but the constant boredom was the issue. This is a great job for a first job. The days were all the same, pretty routine.
Very good
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON27 November 2016
Had a good relationship with my managers and boss. I learned how to be responsible for other staff emmebrs and for the store on my own, as I had a great deal of responsibility opening and closing the store.
Pros
subs
Cons
no set breaks
productive and fun workplace environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
gain knowledge regarding the importance of health nutrition and food handlind & safety which plays a key part of my work. Over all managing workflow and safety mean while. My coworkers always gave friendly and helping environment plus my best part of the job was to assist customers regarding our new promotions and menus.
Pros
flexible shifts
Cons
long standing job (sometimes)
Team members made it worth it
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 November 2016
Helped me learn how to better deal with customers in everyday situation and become more adaptable. I loved the people that I worked with they made it fun to come into work in the mornings
working there is fun because you make people happy with good quality
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2016
everything is very good this job. I love working there because I come cross so many people during day and I love communicating with them and by serving my guests.
Pros
free lucnh
great perole
Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
love to work with Subway people but because of my health I have to quite.do work in front and back of the house and do inventory.
Pros
great
Cons
nothing
Fun place to work at, Very easy going
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Listowel, ON25 November 2016
The management at subway is very professional and easy to get along with. My co-workers are very easy going and great to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to interact with customers
Pros
Very easy to get time off
Cons
Works alone on busy nights sometimes
Fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 November 2016
I enjoyed working here it was sad when they had let me go for unknown reasons.
Typical day was great, great people to work with and the customers were fantastic.
Good Work place
Roistering staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
• Carrying out frequent checks of the Restaurant, Dining Room, Lounge and Kitchen.
• Roistering staff in accordance with business needs.
• Setting targets with clear standards and time scales.
• Supporting, developing and motivating staff.
• Co-ordinating both the front and back of house operations.
• Supervising the shifts of waiting, kitchen and cleaning staff to ensure that peak periods are fully covered.
• Arranging staff rotas so that there is optimum cover during peak restaurant trading periods.
Pros
Pleasent
Cons
Workload
First time direct interaction with customers.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 November 2016
It was really fun to make sandwiches with help of customers. I just had to satisfy customers to get them their great sandwich. Staff was co-operative and nice in behavior too. I was interacting customers directly for first time in Canada. It was good experience though.
Not a very good company to be employed for
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ridgeway, ON22 November 2016
does not treat employees fairly or equally. location manager thought she was above everyone rather than a team player.
working at subway is a good experience for me.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 November 2016
Subway is a good place to work with as we meet new people and interact with them.Moreover by working here it developed various interprsonal skills in me like my communication skills have become better than before, costumer service has developed, I have developed more patience while working with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
busy and pessure job
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 November 2016
It was usually a busy day that involved handing customers and making sandwiches. The management was organised. The most enjoyable part of the job was ensuring customer satisfaction by answering their questions and proving solution to any problem.
Productive and Learning New things
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2016
Experience of working in one of the most busiest Subway in Toronto with management and leadership skills developement at every point of stage and time
Pros
Free lunch and fun to work
Cons
Work alone in the busiest store at nights, sometimes only two people working whole day with around minimum of 4000 dollars sales daily
Enjoyable Workplace
Jr. Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2016
Working at Subway, for the most part, was a great environment to be in. I learned plenty about dealing with customers and how to be more independent as an employee.The hardest part of the job is dealing with roadblocks, such as running out of certain products. The most enjoyable part was the relationships built with the people you worked with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Not much accommodation for scheduling needs

2.8