Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,554 reviews matching the search
Very welcoming company
Sandwich Artist/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls, NL17 February 2017
Subway was my first job and they immediately made me feel welcome, each store i have worked at makes me feel at home. Working at subway has improved my communication skills, helped me gain confidence, independence as well as leadership skills that are irreplaceable
i was away
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS17 February 2017
the hours are good and there is always lots to do and you make a lot of sub and saleats in one and and u do some baking and filling the pop and chips up for the day
Understaffed and high expectations
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON17 February 2017
worked there for three years, had a terrible relationship with the boss at my location. Company as a whole is pretty good to deal with, bad experience from an inappropriate person though.
Pros
Free food, small location
Cons
bad management, heavy work load, sky high expectations
I enjoy working in subway.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2017
Working in subway is like a great experience for me. I meet different kinds of people everyday, talking to different ages and cultures and I learned a lot from them. I enjoy working with my workmates and customers but the hardest part of the job is dealing with the inconsiderate, unmannered, homeless and drunk people within the worksite.
Easy learning at subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 February 2017
My experience with Subway was a breeze. I learned how to deal with everything in the back within a day and got along very well with management. I wouldn't call the job a walk in the park but it was for me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low hours
Easy to stay busy, good environment
Dallas Kamloops - Food Prep/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 February 2017
* Had a chore list to follow everyday - must finish every task given
* Daily goals to reach - follow up with manager
* Learned how to keep things organized (chores, food prep, receipts, tips, cash, etc.)
* Learning cash was very important (Lots of responsibility)
* Hardest part of the job was to make sure everything was counted precisely, and organized to the managers standards. (Money)
* ( Dallas subway has a cafe ) Enjoyed making drinks, iced and hot.
Pros
Discount, and reasonably easy tasks
Cons
Not very flexible hours
Great !
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Valleyview16 February 2017
It was a great place to work, I've learned a lot of skills and gained a lot of experience that I'm able to transfer to another job.

I recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Workplace is good, great people to work with
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Strathmore, AB15 February 2017
I have been there for almost 2 years and have been getting paid the same. The boss is a pig who doesn't care about his employees. I have learned to work with people of different cultures. The hours are long with little break time.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
Low pay
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC15 February 2017
Subway is an amazing place to work at! I enjoy building sandwich, it is its own form of art! Plus who doesn't love a sandwich being made infront of your very own eyes!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I never really found true enjoyment
Sandwich artist, Dishwasher, and Janitor (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 February 2017
During the beginning of my time at Subway, it went pretty well, mainly because I had good colleagues to work with, but as time went on, many of those people left the establishment, leaving it with an empty feeling and a lot of boring, unenthusiastic people. I have also had other friends who have worked at Subway, and they expressed they same feelings that I have.
Pros
Free sub every shift
Cons
Bad hours, pay is low, no benifits
I enjoyed every minute of having my own store to run!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
Great environment to work in! I had many tasks as a manager! I feel the hardest part of the job was making sure I had the best staff to accommodate what I needed. Strong work ethic and a great mind set always helped. Most enjoyable part was watching my Subway grow into something much bigger than it was when I took over!!
Pros
Being able to run my business and have the confidence to strive and reach my goals
Cons
Moving from my North Bay store to an Ottawa store!
fun, fast paced
Sandwich Artist 2.0 (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB14 February 2017
i liked it. awesome customers, friendly staff. it was close to home, and they gave us a free meal with every shift. unsupervised a lot, manager was undereducated for her position.
Pros
free food, close to home
Cons
bad supervisor and managment staff
team work, funb environment
Being a Subway Store Manager I (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
Subway is a great place to work. Its a team environment which makes it a fun and productive place to work. I have learned a lot about the operation of a restaurant from the owners stand point and how to effectively resolve any issue that may arise.
Pros
free meal with shift
Cashier
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
It was really great working with subway. Usually on a typical . We do the needed chores and works ethics needed . Also had a great time greeting customers.
cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2017
this was my first job in Calgary and day was quite busy i learned so many things. management was really good they managed very nicely.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 February 2017
A typical day starts by preparing vegatables, making bread and other baked goods for customers. Depending on the location most of the times you are busy preparing sandwiches, cleaning the area and maintaining good service.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Atmosphere
You're always busy, always something to do eg. restocking food, cleaning the area, customers
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC9 February 2017
Come in with smiling faces, it's usually slow during the morning especially during the winter. Always smells nice since you're surrounded by food. Poor communication with manager, overall working hours are low due to manager calling me whenever she pleases. Learned how to properly make a sandwich, communicate and greet customers. Coworkers are friendly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short notice to work
Fast pace environment, great team work and communications skills learned
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 February 2017
Working at Subway helped me improve my communication skills. I learned to deal with different types of people.Working there helped me to learn about team work and importance of team effort and management of time. I was always punctual and had good reviews from customers.
Good Job
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2017
You can communicate with your customer about how you have done your work.
This job is full of responsibilities like you have to check out for sandwich making, store management, cash, and all.
subway was okay
Sandwich Artist/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shaughnessy, BC8 February 2017
i already did a preview on this, its on the first one, i dont understand why im doing it again, i dont know what else to write, this wont let me contuine

2.8