Subway Employee Reviews

Great Place to work!
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON18 October 2017
Worked with a great bunch of people when I worked there and we always had fun times! Typically you were working by yourself for alot of the shifts and closes were not the safest as they made you take the garbage out to the back of the building late at night by yourself!
Pros
50% off for employees
Awful work environment and even worse management
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON18 October 2017
I would not recommend anybody work here. the staff wasn't treated well and the owner was the worst of all. no benefits for employees, and no breaks. you were only paid until a half hour past when your shift ended even if you had to stay late to help. long story short I am owed a lot of money for the time I worked and didn't get paid for.
good as training place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
I worked for Subway for 5 years. Started at minimum wage just making sandwiches and finished as manage making $14 and hour (in 2015).
Depends of the location you work at and the manager and franchise owner you have, but the best part will always be your coworker.
The worse? As a manager I run the store for the owner but my salary was not in hand with the amount of work I had. Owner refuse to hire more people and I ended working 50 hs a week, no overtime payment.
After I left the owner had no choice but to hire 2 people to what I was doing and eventually a 3rd one.
So if you work for Subway make sure the franchise owner its a good one.
Pros
coworkers, 50% off subs
Cons
low pay
Challenging and increases knowledge and adaptability.
Accountant & Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC17 October 2017
The work may it seem routine, but there are always new challenges and updating in the field of taxation, reconciliation and form of reporting schedules. Management are very supportive and give adjustment to the work force to perform above expectation. Workplace environment is great and the hardest part of the job was the deadlines with government agencies. enjoyable part of the job we are family.
Pros
Management support & belief
Cons
same here long hours.
Environnement de travail productif
Artiste sandwich (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 October 2017
J'ai appris a être plus rapide mais en offrant le meilleur des services aux clients.
Pros
repas a 50%
Cons
courtes pauses
Agréable
Entreprise Gestion Danik Lavoie (Former Employee) –  Candiac, QC16 October 2017
Le travail était clair, simple, l'équipe était agréable
Pros
pourboire
Cons
pas assez d'heure
Best job ever
Key Holder/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 October 2017
I was a key holder so i opened every morning. i had a very desirable shift and i was able to build relationships with regular customers. the staff i worked with was amazing.
Bad scheduling and misunderstandings
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 October 2017
working there is okay, not the best but everyone quit at the same time, leaving me with up to 30+ hours a week on a part-time hire during the middle of finals.
Pros
Free Sandwich every 3 hours of work
Cons
alone after 7 and dinner rush
Mediocre fast food establishment, however better than others.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 October 2017
A typical day in Subway involves roughly 1/5 prep, 1/5 cleaning and 3/5 customer service.

Didn't gain any specific or beneficial knowledge.

Management ignored all suggestions/complaints.

Virtually no culture.

Hardest part was closing the store as they overload you with too many things to do and alone at that.

Most enjoyable part was the friends I made while working there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low wage and prone to unemployment
Had a fun there.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2017
easy to work.
very reliable job.
I learned many things.
Very nice place to work.
I enjoyed every day of my work.
The atmosphere was very nice.
Teamwork was therein every co-worker.
Growth in customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2017
A Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position. Tasks & Responsibilities: Prepares food neatly, accurately and in a timely manner.
Pros
free lunches
Sandwich Artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Acton, ON11 October 2017
Creative exceptional customer service experience. I had great management that taught me time management skills, organizational skills, and communication skills.
self learning and productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 October 2017
Nice place to work and then nice management team to support the employees and fun workplace and co workers are so supportive and friendly to move with.
bien
Artiste de sandwich/Caissière (Former Employee) –  Deux-Montagnes, QC11 October 2017
Je commandais l'inventaire et l'a rangeais , je préparais la nourriture et servais les clients.
Great people to work with
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oxford, NS10 October 2017
A typical day at this job involved making sandwiches, salads, and serving soups to people. I learned the importance of customer service and working as a team and being a team player.
Pros
Nice people, tips
fun enviourment
Food Processor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2017
> cutting vegetables
> preparing sandwiches
> mobbing the floor
> cleaning tables
> It has been a very long time, i cannot recall things from that point
It Was Ok
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON9 October 2017
I cant bad mouth my subway experience because it was fun. It was my first job and i was lucky enough to have a friendly staff. The good thing about subway is that it gives you a lot of work experience.
Pros
Free lunch and refills
Cons
long hours, we had to do everything
horrible
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2017
they keep you for 3 months then fire you for no reason (no explanation). but during my woking time there the other workers were not friendly and the management was horrible
Pros
discounts
Cons
other workers slacked
Difficult, lonely and angry workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  NS9 October 2017
Typical day at work would be a non-stop 6-8 hour work period which involves cleaning, serving customers, prepping and inventory. During work days I was "allowed" to take 30 minute lunch breaks, but I would fall behind on maintenance and could be scolded for it.

The most important thing I learned is how to deal with a stress and time management.
Area management is ruthless and by-the-books, and if something was not right, you were written up instantly regardless of your relationship with them. Store management is good, but lacks backbone.

Hardest part of the job is working long shifts alone where absolutely all responsibilities fell on me.
There wasn't really anything enjoyable, just mediocre at best.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Excessive work in increasingly short time periods
it was fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2017
he usual day of work was fun and taught new things to do with the food industry. management and co-workers were very friendly and willing to help should there have been any questions. the hardest part of the job closer to closing time when there were no costumers and the store had been entirely cleaned as there would be nothing else to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8