Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,872 reviews matching the search
Great first job, low-commitment but good experience.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 June 2017
Everything depends on you manager as the business is franchised. If your manager cares about the staff then things will be great, but if they are bad at managing it won't be good.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Bad management if you have a bad manager.
Not an enjoyable place to work
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON27 June 2017
Wouldn't recommend working here as everything from breaks to hours and how you were treated was unfair. Days dragged on as everyone was always in a terrible mood and customers complained about the smallest things. Could never enjoy yourself at work if you tried.
wouldn't recommend
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON27 June 2017
wouldn't recommend, and I refuse to be forced to make a minimum statement. i wouldn't work there again and I feel sorry for the people who do. nothing further.
always meeting new people creates an enjoyable environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2017
biggest difficulty working at subway would be memorizing all the different kind of subs other than that it is a great place to work, although they can increase the pay for a better experience.
good place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 June 2017
nice place to work and start a part time career. making customer happy is a goal everyday goal at subway. get to learn lots of things everyday. just loved the job.
Productive easy going workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Eskasoni, NS26 June 2017
a typical day of work would include going in, signing in your time, prepping food, serving customers, cleaning dishes, doing pre-orders for party food, stocking shelves and fridges/freezers.. etc.

what I learned from subway is that their food is actually really fresh and only has a limited time of being in the fridge or out where we serve the food. Also learned how to cut food properly, how long certain foods last, and how to cook certain things.

management was okay, my boss was pretty strict but it was a good kind of strict. Boss made sure that no one was lazy and always had something to do.

the hardest part of the job had to be.. nothing really besides working non stop all through and 20 min break time .

the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers everyone was always funny and got along well.
Pros
discounts on food, cooking, making people smile
Cons
tons of work in all different kind of ways ex:cooking cleaning preparing foods
Ideal for part time, students
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, BM25 June 2017
typical day includes serving all kinds of people with different attitude, perform all in store duties, like preparation, cleaning, sometimes all by yourself, can be hectic.

may learn a lot of skills like budgeting, inventory and staff management if working in management

work culture mainly depends on how the management is

hardest part of the job maybe standing for long hours
Pros
free meals/drinks
Cons
long, fluctuating hours
Fast food
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL23 June 2017
This job was my least favourite job. It gave me a sense of what the fast food environment was like to work in and unfortunately it wasn't for me. If you like this kind of work then this would be a great place for you.
work is ok
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2017
co workers are great most customers are great just not enough hours and no benefits!! just looking for my next chapter in life!! moving on is good and need something different
Good training and experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Baden, ON22 June 2017
My time working at Subway was fairly positive. The customers and coworkers were friendly and I enjoyed having a lot of work to do. I learned a lot about the importance of keeping the restaurant clean and having a good mindset about whatever task I may be working on.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
not enough hours
Bad job, no advancements, bad management, disorganised and unprofessional staff
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 June 2017
Summary says it all. General manager is very unpleasant. Confronts staff in front of customers, is confrontational to unacceptable levels and won't even say hello to you.
Pros
Cons
Unorganised and unprofessional
it is fun to work in subway, with hardworking staff in a busy pace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
It is fine to work in subway to gain some experience and learn time management skills. It helps to get use to work in high pace stressfull environment as well.
Pros
free lunch, long hours, good management
Enjoyable workplace with may new faces
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
As I was dealing with new customers each day, it was a fun place to be at to interact with people. Also, the workload was manageable and the other employees were good.
part time
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
i am looking for part time .i have experience in food service for over 10 years ..with subway i am taking care for store making sure all in top conditions that includes .paper works ,customer satisfaction
good environment to work in
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
I learned to cope with other crew members to work as a team which increases productivity but the hardest part of the work is when the place is busy and we need to work extra fast
Pros
free lunches
Family Business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanna, AB19 June 2017
Enjoyed owing and operating an establish with family members. Enjoyed being involved in community events. And enjoyed meeting new people everyday. Enjoyed working for the franchise company
working in progress
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON17 June 2017
At the time that I was there I had an emergency with my son and I ended up the hospital with him and the manager gave me a hard time since then cause I even did proceedings to get a lawyer in my son's case and the manager was not happy at all. In his priority list he thought that my job came first when I specifically told him from the start that my priority is my son first then its my job.
Pros
close to home
Cons
manager needs managment skills
Productive and and very friendly environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 June 2017
A typical day at work is actively engaging in being part of a customer's day and make them feel relaxed and comfortable.
I learnt all the basics and how the whole system works at Subway.
Management is very friendly as they give you space and opportunity to grow within and provide you all the necessary support and training required for advancement.
There is no hard part in any job because i was fully committed to improve the business and solving complaints and customer queries really brightens my day. Therefore i was ready head on for any complex scenarios and solve them with the best possible solution.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer comes back and asks for me specifically to make them their sandwiches and that makes me feel special.
This job has made a huge impact on my life as it has taught me the most important thing in life which is time management. I had to always be ready for a rush hour as the environment at work is very unpredictable hence i have to always work while keeping a close eye on time.
Pros
Free Meals
i enjoyed working here was a good job expreince
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2017
I would come and get everything ready I would then take orders and make people happy management was very helpful and works great with my at home life I did not like that i had to work on my days off and there was no breaks for my 8 hour shift and i enjoyed free subs
Pros
free subs
Cons
no breaks
Tres productif, parfait pour étudiants
Chef d'équipe (Current Employee) –  St.-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC15 June 2017
Jaime travailler pour subway, c'est un travail parfait pour une étudiante comme moi! Ce n'est pas trop forcant ce qui nous permet de ce concentré sur lecole et en plus nous fermons au plus tard a 10h ce qui est parfait pour une bonne nuit de someil :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8