Subway
8,347 reviews

Subway Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Cashier & Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great and flexible hours
Cons: none
Employers were great very understanding, and were very reasonable with hours. A typical day at work was great, the customers are all very friendly too, and co-workers are great, the most enjoyable part of the job was the great flexible hours.
Excellent working environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Lunch is provided
Excellent place to work. Plenty of time to complete closing tasks. I have learned how to use a cash register and to create subway sandwiches to a customers demands. I do work solo so i manage the store on my own when it is my shift. Management is very good and polite. Co-workers are great and are always in communication with each other. The best part about this job is seeing my usual customers come in daily or weekly and have some nice conversations. Very Flexible hours, can work around my schedule and get the hours i need.
Subway is GREAT
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: N/A
I love my job. It has taught me that people don't always hate their first jobs. Many people used to tell me that I wont like my first five jobs because they will just be temporary. Other than babysitting subway was my first job and I loved it. I work with the most amazing people and I have a Loving and Caring manager to top it off. The hardest part of my job is making sure everything is ready for the next morning, such as prep (which is not a difficult task). The most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly customers that come in, when people are friendly it makes my day much easier.
multi tasking work in a fun fast paced environment
Food Attendant/Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Russell ManitobaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: long standing
A perfect work exposure and experience to serve customer with a fresh and healthy meal. Employees are supported with training to meet the quality standard, the subway way of delivering par excellence customer satisfaction from greeting, order taking, meal preparation to cashiering.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier ect. (Former Employee), Keswick, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discount, great hours, very nice people.
A typical day at work, All hands on and working with the public. I have learned you always have to stick to your knowings and get you job done correctly. I work very well with co workers, I'm easy to make friends.
The hardest part of the job was when it got overly busy.. Normally it's just you and another co worker, Sometimes you have to rely on them to help you out.
I very much liked working at subway, If i could do it again i would.
The only reason why i left was because i moved.
Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free 6 inch sub after a 5 hour shift
Cons: no way home at nights
excellent customers, great atmosphere. hardest part of the job was getting home at night. Great co workers, easy to get along with.
great
Crew Member (Current Employee), Amherstburg, ONMarch 18, 2015
ok to work for hard to move up and get raises. I am looking to get out of this field. The company has great food though. I work 5 days a week and still only get 25 hrs a week
unorganized place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free subs
Cons: management
Subway is a place to work ideally for part time, that way you don't have to get involved in many of the issues that happen if you are working full time. I was full time. Very poorly run, learned tolerance, and thinking outside the box.
It was a good part time job while in college.
Seaspan Marine Corporation - Relief Assistant (Former Employee), BurnabyMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks and sandwiches.
The typical day was keeping the environment clean and attending to the customers coming into the store. It was a job that kept me fairly busy through my hours, which I enjoyed the most. It was productive and allowed my to earn each hour. My co-workers were pretty friendly and taught me the skills to be successful at this job.
great work place
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 11, 2015
Pros: the people and customers i got to work with
Cons: juggling school and work
my typical day at subway was doing prep work of the food and making subs for the awesome customers we had while also cleaning the eating station and bathrooms. i love working with everyone there we all got along so great. the hardest part after couple weeks was being called at school to come in to work and trying to juggle grades and my job.
great staff
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Saint John, NBMarch 11, 2015
the staff was amazing the work was fun and upbeat management was alright I would recommend for sure I have nothing really negative to say about the company
Great workplace
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Sexsmith, ABMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great bonus after hardwork and successful achievement.
Cons: far away from my family.
A very challenging work - fast-paced because there are rush hours, it really needs focus because we maintain a standard of quality both in products and in service. Intricate way of scheduling work force because there are plenty of part-timers. The work atmosphere is great because of teamwork.
close to home
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCMarch 9, 2015
Pros: close to home, free lunch
Cons: hard with communication
-prep food daily(washing & chopping veggies, thaw out meats & breads)
-maintain cleanliness of restaurant
-hardest part of job was communication
-most enjoyable was healthy lunch daily & walking distance from home
Awesome place and great management to work with
Assistant Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2015
The management team is really fantastic. I love doing this job because it allows me to talk to different people everyday and I try to learn something new every time i speak to someone.
Friendly, Safe and Comfortable Work Environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Aurora, ONMarch 2, 2015
My experience at Subway has been nothing but positive. I've built great relationships with management, fellow co-workers and customers. I always look forward to going to work which means the company is doing something right!
Alright, But not the best
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free sandwiches
Cons: poor management
Working at Subway was alright for a bit. The owner of the store, shall we say wasn't the best. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the co-workers that I got along with.
allowed free meals at work
Team member/Cashier (Former Employee), toronto ontarioFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free meals
its was really busy during breakfast, lunch and dinner hours but it was not bad at all. Stuff was friendly as well as management.
Friendly atmosphere and good work ethics
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: job hours
work culture was quite friendly
job hours were below satisfactory mark
management was good and friendly
hardest part of the job I felt was catching up with the job and during examination timings
Free meal was one of the biggest advantages
The most enjoyable part of the job was when salaries were given!!
Loved working here
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Winchester, onFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: lunch rush
I love working at subway making sandwiches and prepping for them.
I learned good team work
I love the people I worked with
The hardest part was when we had are lunch and dinner rush but we managed
My most enjoyable part working here was I love subway and I was good at making the subs once I got the hang of it
Productive and fun place to work in, clean environment, great culture and easy going place.
Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: school and work life not very balanced
Subway was a very nice and easy place to work in with amazing co-workers and also great customers. As an employee at subway, i learned to be much more patient and also fast and more productive. There was really no hard part of this job but it would get hard to deal with customers sometimes if they were rude and not patient but i had to deal with it in a very polite and easy going manner. Being nice to the customer is very important as the customer is always right. Every day of this job was enjoyable for me because I learned a lot of new things.

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more