Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,749 reviews matching the search
I enjoyed working in subway restaurant
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC27 April 2017
I learned lot of things for example how to deal with different people, how to handle everything, how to work under rush hours.
the most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with differnet people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
nothing
good environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 April 2017
i like working at subway restaurant but they are paying me minimum wage that is why i am looking for new job!
everything was nice. owner is so helpful and staff is so friendly!
i do not want to quit this job but i am looking for good job where i can get more pay
thank you!!
Pros
free meal
Cons
minimum hours
fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, ON26 April 2017
Enjoyed working there.
Was for my whole highschool and college education. The staff and owners were amazing. If I ever had to go back I would be totally fine with that.
Productive as well as Gained skilled Worker
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cliftonhill, Niagara Falls ON25 April 2017
It is a busy work place and learned management and challenging tasks everyday. Workplace culture is way better than I expected. I work hard and always try to show my potential and give my open assurity to anyone because I trust myself on workplace.
Fast paced and efficient needed
Store Opener/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
I worked at Subway for almost 2 years and I did enjoy my time there. With having such a small store, the opportunity to grow within the store (if willing) takes time. Most managers stay for at least 3-5 years and even then, you may not be considered once they leave. You have to be focused and organized in order to be efficient for customers. Being a team player is a big factor to being successful at Subway because it usually takes 2-3 people to make an order from start to finish.
Pros
free sandwiches, drinks from fountain machine, very orgainzed
Cons
high peak hours and low peak hours, lots of baking and prepping
productive
Elmira, Cashier & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmira, ON25 April 2017
Being a subway team member I learned how to manage with various jobs at the same time. It is always enjoyable to serve the customers, managing cash at counter, taking care of grocery stock left in store,cleaning and managing whole time.
Good supportive manager and co-employees
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  University of Calgary, AB24 April 2017
Extremely busy during the lunch hours. Should be well prepared in terms of food, need to be at our toes to efficiently work to reduce the waiting time for customers(Yes a long line-up always)
Pros
Free food
Cons
Extreme busy
fun job
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  taylor ave24 April 2017
had alot of fun working there. good people and they treat you very well. Good hours and very patient with you. except the owner which is kind of mean to her workers
Pros
free 6 inch
Cons
mean of an owner
Welcoming environment and thoughtful workers
cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
Working here allowed for flexible hours and a welcoming environment. It requires you to work hard on a daily basis and make the customers feel welcomed and have an enjoyable experience. It is tiring, especially on busy days but it is easy to manage at the end of the day. Overall, my experience at subway was good and allowed me to gain the basic skills needed.
Pros
Lunch discounts
Cons
Tiring
Subway was a good experience and fun.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 April 2017
Working at subway was an amazing experience, I loved working there. There were no downsides to working there. I learned a lot about customer service and working in a busy environment. The most enjoyable part of working there was working. The hardest part about the job was learning everything.
Pros
Free lunch good coworkers
Cons
living far from work.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 April 2017
Typical day at work would be to plan for what you have to get done in order to serve customers flawlessly without interruption. The ability to flourish customer service skills was most dominant as was the opportunity to work on prioritization of tasks, keeping health and safety laws in mind at all times, effective marketing strategies, and learning how to make simple change. Management is always pleasant, the culture is dedicated like you are part of a tiny family that needs to succeed day after day, hardest part of the job is leaving because there is always something to do that you feel like you want to stay and help, and the long lunch and dinner time line ups are the most enjoyable because it's super fun to serve hundreds of people within an hour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benefits
productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 April 2017
My experience working is great. I learned to manage things which I never had I idea about it. Handling customers with a smile as "happy customers happy me" and give them what they deserve. I don't remember if there was any hardest part in my job because I always believe that every coming next day is a challenge to me. Personally, my most enjoyable part of my job is to serve customers.
Great talkative regular customers
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Drumbo, ON24 April 2017
I have worked here for the past two years, and It has been wonderful, close and convenient. I have built a lot of new relationships with customers as the majority of our customers are regulars, and I enjoy seeing them almost every day. Working in customer service has taught me to be a lot more open, and cheerful.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Low pay
costumer services, retail acumen
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 April 2017
Pretty decent job, very simple. The job is good, the environment just depends on who you are working with. Once you get good at making sandwiches the job becomes very easy
very friendly
Team Member (Former Employee) –  mississauga,on23 April 2017
the staff at subway was very friendly and caring and they had respect for everyone. helped me a build cooking skills. customer service was very good aswell
Good place to start and grow
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON23 April 2017
Good place to make money and do you work then go home
Learnt how to make subs to customers preferences as well as good food safety
Hardest part of the job was rushes during promos and all the people standing there watching you make their food
It fun to work at subway
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
It's a good place to experience the multi-culture environment, although some customers are impatient, eccentric, frustrated would blame you for nothing. They just want to release all that tension on someone.

Subway team is very supportive and provide proper guidance when needed. I am quite satisfied.
Pros
effective customer service
Cons
not enough working hours
fun work place
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
working in a fast food industry.I've learned how to serve costumer, doing preps and baking breads. hardest part is to work alone and have to handle everything. and most enjoyable when costumer making good vibes.
Meh
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2017
Really loved the staff and the actual job itself, but the management was not good. We were forced to close the store alone and the hours were not flexible at all, they did not care about other commitments or school. Manager was not willing to work, if the manager was better, this would have been a very good job.
Pros
free lunch, fun job
Cons
poor management
Productive and fun place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
The area where the franchise is located is a bit ghetto but most of the clients were nice and never caused problem. Staff member working there were humble and make sure your happy to work with them and guide you well.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8