Subway

11.2K reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun job but needs some changes
Employee (Current Employee), Corner Brook, NLFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: its a job and you meet alot of interesting customers
Cons: scheduling
I feel like there are some quality employees but a lot gets overlooked. meeting new people and your regulars is what makes your day
Same
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Downtown TorontoFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: Free lunch, nice coworkers
Cons: very repetitive
Nice coworkers, very repetitive and enjoyed guests chat. Learned how to be a team player and all about the ins and out of the restaurant.
good place to work
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2016
i always worked alone and there was very foot traffic in the store. this would often lead to me being quite bored, but that taught me how to find ways to keep myself busy by finding something to do.
Clean and highly productive environment.
Cook/Cashier/Prep/Manager (Former Employee), Assiniboia, SKJanuary 31, 2016
In my opinion there was very little orientation to new employees and Management training and respect to senior staff.

Quit frankly this job sucked I wasn't paid for work that I accomplished and shorted over-time and hours.
productive,punctual,honest,trust worthy,
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Penticton, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: free 6 inch sandwich
Cons: not enough hours
come in if in the morning set up. constantly stalk veggies and meat. keep dishes clean, keep back fridge stalked, clean front of store tables, washrooms, co workers all got along well with me. just being apart of a team was the most joyable.
good job for teenagers
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: free lunch, flexible hours
Cons: management flaws
come in everyday to make sure the prep is done, then make sure dishes are always clean, make sure tables are clean and sandwich unit is full.
making sandwiches wasn't really hard
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee), Hull, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free subs
Cons: long hours
Working at subway was my first job ever. I was about 15 turning 16 years old. i liked working there back in the days but it was hard because they gave me too many hours and with school it was hard.
great working experiences
Key Holder/Cashier (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 27, 2016
Pros: free lunches
Cons: shifts
we had a great work place environment.
the owner was a great guy and if anything would go wrong he would alway's be there to help out as quick as he could and do the best he could.

the staffed i would work with were great people, knew how to made customers laugh and we would have a fun time with the clients , made our day go great while the customers had a great service with us.

we worked across from a hospital, a little smile for some people could do such a big difference.

The only down side to this was when i was the only person working the night shift, witch was every day almost, i would be closing the store , there was many things that needed to get done for the next day and it would be hard on busy day's to get everything done on time plus trying to get everything clean and prepared for the next morning.
other then that, subway was a great experience for me,i would totally go work there again. loved it
Good company to work for
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Crossfield, ABJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at subway. Easy to learn. Worked with great people. Great first job for a high school student. Was flelixble with my school hours.
Great co workers
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), 941 Hamilton RdJanuary 25, 2016
Pros: Free food while working
Cons: Weekend shifts
I started this job while still in high school, and it was my first job. I have learned many things while working for subway. The most important thing I learned was how to communicate problems within the store or company without complaining. This was a key component to coming up with strategies or solutions to those problems. The management was very open minded and listened a great deal to how the employees were feeling in their work environment. Although it was a workplace, management and co workers were really able to become a tight knit group and have a lot of fun while going about our day to day activities. This was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Outgoing, energtic, fast learner and can handle money
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 24, 2016
i would learn how to make sandwiches, how to handle costumers and also how to clean up after myself and the costumers.

I'm great with working with others
I love making food and working at subway would be a dream come true
Great company
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Excellent support and training.
Great experience
Learn new skills everyday
Fabulous Team
Excellent coaching system
Policies and procedures are easy to follow
good place to work
manager (Former Employee), Mackenzie, BCJanuary 20, 2016
work could hectic and busy , fun and easy its all about worker's perspective. good co-workers

able to talk to a lot of people , helps to create good relations with all kind of customer
good and fun place
Team Member (Former Employee), GeorgetownJanuary 20, 2016
Loved working there and my supervisor was so nice and kind.It was fun and was a good place, had great experience and learned so much for my future.
Poor management at my location
Food Handler (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2016
My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with, and made my time at Subway somewhat enjoyable. The management on the other hand was almost non-existent in the fact that the head manager didn't interfere in inappropriate assistant manager behavior, causing the employees to have to perform extra duties they are not responsible for. Other poor management, the store was well cleaned and well maintained.
Fun place
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Very positive work enviroment with very happy and positive co workers. Loved the interaction with customers and providing the bet service possible.
I had lots of fun working for the company
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: free lunches and great friendly environment
Cons: Washroom duty
I worked part- time hours, had a couple of amazing bosses. I Work one of the busiest days of the week with two great employees we make a great team. I did food prep and implement customers orders as well as stocked shelves. We worked together keeping the restaurant a clean and safe environment to work and eat. The hardest part of the job was keeping the salad bar stocked, as we had many customers in and out throughout the day. The most enjoyable time was break, we would sit and talk about our day about our successes and failures, and discuss how we could make the situation more pleasurable for both the customer and us in the future. We didn't mind getting up from break to help a customer that just happened to wander in. We had our regulars we just considered them part of the family coming for a visit and we were just happy to serve them. We loved welcoming new customers and old as they made our day interesting. Making a sandwich for someone is an art form that you think only a few would appreciate, but we learned that when the till rung and you could say thank you have a nice day. Most people would smile and compliment your speedy service. I was grateful to have this as one of my first job experiences.
Learned alot of stuff
Crew (Former Employee), lowes 130th ave calgaryJanuary 17, 2016
i had fun working at this place. Learned alot of stuff that will help me on my future somehow. i had fun serving people food and seeing them happy and satisfied.
Fast-paced environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Medicine HatJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Free lunches
It was my first job and it was pretty simple, only worked their for summer. The hardest part of the job was when customers would come in ask for many things on a sub and then suddenly change their minds when we were wrapping it up.
Easy and productive place to work in.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: free sandwich
Cons: working alone
I have learned many things while working in subway. I learned about hygiene, good customer service, management control, store self-control, light paper works, sandwich making, cash control.
my co-workers were all good. My owner was nice as well. The most enjoyable part of working in subway is working with fellow members. There is no any hardest job that i found in this job but when it got extremely busy and i worked alone, it was terrible feeling but manageable like at the time of PNE.
Headquarters