Subway Employee Reviews

Great experience to work with subway, learn a lot about products and techniques
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 February 2018
Served freshed breads and cookies. Learnt techniques about tempearture of foods, vegetables and meats. Provide great customer service and improve my communication skill.
Pros
Delicious salads
Cons
Least food items for vegetarians
okay palce
Sandwich Artist, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 February 2018
when I first started it was grear lots of new people and faces everyday you become farmiliar with everyday faces and orders but over time it becomes a lot to handle. iam a full time mom and trying to focus of work and my kids become difficult because they always had me on shift so I rarely got to my children
Cons
paid for lunches ans no breaks
environnement chaleureux, travail d'équipe
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC22 February 2018
Environnement chaleureux, travail d'équipe, j'aime le service à la clientèles, j'aime l'échange avec le clients.
Pros
Chef d'équipe
Cons
courte pause
Eat fresh!
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON22 February 2018
a typical day at work is very busy, especially around 12pm-2pm, you are required to keep everything stocked, breads fresh, customers happy and served asap.
Pros
50% off
Unorganized
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UT21 February 2018
all employees were drama and horrible management. little workers and just awful customers. i did not enjoy much at this job nor do i want go back or would i recommend.
Pros
free sandwich
Cons
horrible environment
Very high paced
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shellbrook, SK21 February 2018
Again greeting customers and listening to their requests was most important.

Great starter job for a younger person as it involves a lot of being on feet for long periods of time.
Pros
Good job to learn service industry
Cons
A lot of bring on feet
Enjoyable Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 February 2018
I enjoyed working at subway for the most part, it was a very stressful position especially when staff did not show up for work. Room for advancement and fun environment.
Pros
Independance
Cons
Stressful
Good Place to work with staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NB20 February 2018
Its a great place to work you got discounts free food and drinks, it was amazing staff and amazing management. wonderful pay and never had checks bounce it was a wonderful work environment made lots of friends easy
Pros
free food, free lunh
Cons
being used alot, doing other peoples work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS19 February 2018
It is a very independent atmosphere unlike other fast food places. You are given a lot more trust. It is a close knit enviroment, its awesome that you get free food whenever you work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not very busy, kinda boring
Productive workplace with hard working colleagues
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK18 February 2018
At Subway, there is so much to learn. I learned store management, cost management and more importantly making customers happy. The employees working under me were hardworking, helpful and had good work ethic.
fast pace work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Rockland East, ON18 February 2018
became a sandwich artist 2.0
baked bread and cookies.
helped keep the workplace clean, clean counters and took the garbage out, mopped the floors and counted the money and closed the store.
Pros
free meals
Cons
close the store on my own
I absolutely enjoyed the time here.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 February 2018
The time I worked at Subway was amazing. I really enjoyed interacting witht the customers and building the rapports with each individual. Would love to work here again,
Review of Subway
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 February 2018
A typical shift at subway sandwiches usually includes a lot of repetitive tasks, which is nice if you like a predictable work place where you always know what to expect. Prepping food, ensuring clean work spaces, and clean dining area, fully stocking shelves of drinks and chips in FIFO (first in first out.) I learned a lot of patience, working with every range of customer who expects impeccable service from a world known chain. Dealing with certain people is hard, but it's the sandwich artists job to ensure the ordering goes smoothly. Management differs between locations, I've worked at 4 in 3 different cities. One particular location was not ideal. Hiring within a specific community in which i was not a part of. It made the work place feel very lonely. Other locations employing staff who didn't seem to bother with sanitation or food safety protocol. The hardest part of the job was handling less than ideal customers who can never have enough mayo, or who need the FRESHEST bread, even though it's all fresh. Having a good team who you communicate with really DOES help. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was walking into work every weekend and knowing that the "ham and swiss with extra swiss" guy would be in at 5pm for his weekend treat, or knowing that the lovely German man and his girlfriend would be in for their milk and breakfast sandwich after church on Sundays at 10am. It's nice seeing people smile, knowing the smile is because of the service you are providing.
Pros
easy job, you can learn it fast, great job to learn english and for first time job seekers, free lunch, lots of customers to talk to
Cons
long hours, repetative work, sometimes not ideal coworkers or bosses, sassy customers
pretty good
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 February 2018
Its pretty good environment on a subway. But, sometimes people yell at me. Then, i don't like to work over there. I was like why i am working over there.But, otherwise environment is great.
Great work environment with co-workers and customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2018
Subway is a nice workplace where one can learn a lot of skills such as working with team members, leadership skills, interaction with customers, problem-solving techniques and much more.
This particular Subway is a horrible place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON15 February 2018
The manager treats women badly. Hires too many people and doesn't give shifts to employees that have been there longer. Pays people under the table and those who get a real pay suffer from lack of hours. The restaurant is dirty and nothing is cleaned properly. Had to leave because I kept finding fake nails in the food that was prepped by people not in proper uniform. No hairnets so the food had hair. Management puts all failures on employees and takes no responsibility for the store. No proper training.
Pros
Cons
bad hours, screamed at by management in front of customers.
J'ai aimé sa
Artiste du sandwich (Former Employee) –  Quebec14 February 2018
Les clients étaient quand même tous assé gentil!!!!
Pros
6 pouce gratuit
Cons
Les closes étaient lourd pour le morale
it is good
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2018
feels good to work at subway
learnt different communication skills and able to adjust myself in fast paced environment,and also learnt how to make sandwich in better way.
Fast paced
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 February 2018
Subway is a very fast paced work enivronment. There is always work to be done including food prep and making customers orders. Subway had a very high turn over rate but the employees I worked with were nice.
Its a good high school job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Lumsden, SK13 February 2018
I worked at Subway for 3 years while in high school. It was a good paycheck to get when I didn't have many expenses. It paid for fuel, etc. I moved on to bigger and better things before attending post-secondary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

58.6K