Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,958 reviews matching the search
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON15 August 2017
Terribly managed workplace, bottom line oriented, no concern for customer service. Bullied employees, filthy cleaning habits, illegal practices. Punish employees who speak their opinions with cut hours.
Subway
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 August 2017
Working with subway has been one of the most educational experiences I have had.

I appreciate the knowledge they have given me.

I would recommend and encourage anyone to join their team, if possible.
not so enjoying just work load
Sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 August 2017
the day working at subway was so tired and boring and it was not so enjoying. no one talks at subway.The team member was not good and they were just rude to others and to customers .
Pros
free sandwich
Not a fun place to work
Subway Sandwich Artist, Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kawartha Lakes, ON14 August 2017
Management is unreasonable and unorganized
Never a guarantee of hours
High stress job
Constantly under pressure for time
Short staffed
Minimum wage without opportunity of increase
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
managment
Food is gross
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hastings, ON13 August 2017
while working at Subway I was told to not throw out things that were expired. One time a few falafels in the container had mold and I was told to only throw out the moldy ones. I would get in trouble for helping the costumer to the best of my ability such as giving them extra sauce or veggies on the side, warming cookies for guests, informing them that something is cheaper for them instead of what they planned on purchasing, but getting the same result. This is good for an after school job or part-time. But if you are not comfortable serving people expired/moldy food and ripping people off this is the place for you.
Pros
free lunches and drinks while working
Terrible Management
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Caledon Village, ON11 August 2017
This was the worst place I worked, training was bad, hours were illegal, management was untrained and rude. I worked alone every shift, I had to prep, make sandwiches, clean, and close the store all on my own
fun people to work with, very flexible hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Three Hills, AB11 August 2017
Typical day is 4-8 hours of work with a break, great food to eat, lots of practical skills, great management. really it is not a hard job, tedious at times but very enjoyable. The most enjoyable part is great people to work with and a awesome boss
Pros
free lunch, great co-workers
Cons
minimum pay
Perfect Part time work to fit a schedule
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Montague, PE11 August 2017
This is the type of job that fits to most anyone's schedule pay is limited but the work is easy. Most people have no issue joining the subway team and with dedication can find themselves with secure employment with little education or professional skills.
Pros
Flexible hours. experience not an asset
Well paced and busy job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 August 2017
At subway, a typical day consisted preparing the store for the day as well as serving customers and store maintnance. The job was enjoyable and simple but the hours given were below the norm.
Pros
Simple and consistent job
Cons
Few hours were given
Fun workplace
Sandwich artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC10 August 2017
A typical day at Subway consists of starting prep immediately, stocking the front with vegetables, condiments etc. Baking the bread and cookies before doors open.
Greet and serve guests, make sandwiches and work the cash register.
Everyday includes clean up, sweeping and wiping regularly and daily garbage runs.
The hardest part of the job was working with my old boss, I left because i was treated rudely.
The most enjoyable part for me was making food for people, it makes me happy to put a smile on others faces.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad Staff
a good intro for a first job
Morning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 August 2017
This is a good entry job for a high school student looking to get some sort of customer service experience.Very fast paced and physically demanding. However, with a capable management team work is pretty fun and manageble.
Not good anymore
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Baden, ON9 August 2017
I used to work at subway when it was owned by the previous owners who were absolutely amazing, but the new owners do not keep the store clean or sanatairy I do not eat there anymore
Decent learning enviroment
Sandwich Artist and Closing supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON9 August 2017
A lot of responsibilities but easy to learn. Employee treatment was okay. Not long shifts but many a week. I learned a lot about Customer service and time management
Environnement productif
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  St-pie9 August 2017
La production et l'efficacité doivent être au maximum en tout temps.
nice work place but zero benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC9 August 2017
No benifits no overtime no stat. Subway must give all benifits and even vacation to at least the full time worker. It is very sad that work officers are not even aware what is going on.
Productive and fun workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 August 2017
Great management and staff, always a pleasure to work whenever I'm able to. Not a hard job to do, very little experience required. Great for my first job.
Pros
Free Lunches
un bon environnement de travail
Travail au Subway, Ange Gardien (Current Employee) –  Ange-gardien, QC8 August 2017
bien gérer, pourrais avoir plus de pauses, plus longues, ou plus souvent, une belle équipe de travail, la gérante aurais pu mieux se préocupper de ses employés.
Pros
repas gratuits, heures de travail
Cons
courtes pauses, la direction du restaurant
Not a welcoming or good working enivorment
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON8 August 2017
Great job but extremely poor management that ruined the many benefits of working there. They do not care for there employees or customers and only focus on the profit of their own.
Great work environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waverley, NS8 August 2017
Awesome work environment constant fast pace work, but always manageable. I really enjoyed the hands on work, and always meeting new customers while trying to satisfy their wishes.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Managment
A typical day at work
Crew Member, West Brant Plaza, Shellards lane (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 August 2017
The manager and his wife where I worked were very kind, and easy to work with. A typical day at work would be making sandwiches, cleaning, and preparing the food for the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was when all the new, friendly customers I would meet.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8