Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search
sandwich artist
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Pine Falls, MBSeptember 4, 2016
operated cash register and processed cash, credit card and debit card payments; counted and balanced cash.
greeted and served guests, prepared product, maintain food safty and sanitation standards.
prepared sandwiches, salads and other menu items; checked products in sandwich unit area and restocked to ensure sufficient supply throughout the shift.
cleaned and sanitized the costumer and service areas and equipment to promote a clean restaurant image.
Safe & fast paced work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2016
Teaches good food handling & preparation technique, as well as daily restaurant maintenance approaches & point of service system experience. A safe environment with friendly workers & an even friendlier manager, a great first job with well organized planning & great team working. You're never lost when your co-workers are with you! Hardest part of the job? Well, it wouldn't be work if you weren't doing work.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Only that the job didn't last longer!
was fun to work for the company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 20, 2016
I worked all shifts . Nights you had to do all the prep for the next day you also had to bake bread ,cookies ,put the delivery away. Days you had to bake bread ,cookies make sure the line is full and have enough prep till the next shift comes in, clean the dining room. afternoon. make sure that the inventory is done and the orders are done for the delivery as well as sever customers .

the hardest part of the job was you were working by yourself so if u had to go to the bathroom u had to lock the door or take the chance in between customers
Pros
free food
Cons
working by yourself
Allowed me to expand my skills while enjoying the workplace.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCAugust 13, 2016
On a daily basis, I do all the prep work that is required. I prepare sandwiches for customers. Also, I make schedules, put out the delivery order, send reports to Head Office. I ensure the store is running smoothly and nothing is lacking. I often deal with complaints and solve any issue using interpersonal skills. I train all new workers and maintain positive relationships with my coworkers. Working for Subway for all these years allowed me to manage my time well, be responsible and patient.
Fun Workplace and Disciplined Mangement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chemainus, BCAugust 2, 2016
In last five years by working at subway, i have learned and improved my computer skills, friendly customer service, leadership skills, communications skills, team work and so on. I have been giving the best out of me to Subway because of disciplined, motivational, and Cherished management. The only hardest part of the job is that you don't paid enough for all your hard work. So all in all it is such a great experience to work at Subway.
Pros
Brings the best out of you
Cons
Not Enough pay
It's a great place to work except for lack of decent management
Customer Service Rep, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stewiacke, NSAugust 3, 2016
The days vary at subway, it can be very busy or not at all. I have learned how to do all kinds of food preparation and customer service tips. The management is not very good, but the co-workers are good. The hardest part of the job is to keep everything in order. But the most enjoyable thing is getting to deal hands on with the customers and having a great team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Manager, lack of guidence
Hectic, un-organized, and mis-managed
sandwhich artist (Former Employee) –  Eastern Passage, NSJuly 15, 2016
While working here, i had long hours by myself at night, with next to no security system in the building. Co-workers were nice and helpful, very much team-players, but were all of similar opinions for the work environment. very un-organized and hectic shifts, as often times you would be left by yourself to serve all customers on a busy closing shift, while being expected to clean the store and finish closing jobs by yourself before the end of your shift. management is also very passive aggressive, and lazy to address problems until last possible minute.
Pros
Free food, and flexible hours
Cons
uncaring management, un-steady hours, hectic and unorganized
Productive workplace, with occasional fun.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Subway GreenbankAugust 19, 2016
A Subways success is determined by the management team, and how the employees are shaped, trained, and taught to perfect subway standard. i learned to do cleaning, and food preparation tasks, to subway standard in a timely manner. Co-workers are always communicating to get closing procedures done, or shortening long lines.
Pros
50% off all food, free fountain drinks
loved to work in a team
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 13, 2016
loved working at subway. i learned so many things from here so everything good co workers were nice. i worked full time and part-time there. also had a great time with team and management. I worked the night shifts too so we always were busy but loved the people coming in and the smiling conversations we had. Learning baking and a bit more.
- Free food if you worked 5 hrs or more per shift
- Not as hectic
- Very consistent work per shift
- Lots to do, time goes by fast
Pros
free sandwich when working
Cons
long hours with little breaks
High productivity establishment with a fun workplace environment
Food service and cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJuly 9, 2016
This subway location was located in a town of 20 000 people (barely any) yet with our team we managed to maintain the position of being rated in the top three subway locations in Ontario for a duration of time, as I no longer live there I am unsure as to its current success rates. Subway offered some of the best training in the fast food industry teaching each employee to handle any task such as cashier baker or food service employee, this was done with the intent to ensure a fully functioning operation with little chance for error.
Pros
free lunch each shift
loved the staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJuly 7, 2016
i loved the staff i worked with, it was always a fun environment but was very fast paced and were under staffed slightly.
a day would be very busy sometime with only one person working, i learned to work very fast but it was very stressful, the manager was okay but would not always scheduled people in the times they were available. the on thing i loved about this job was the people i got to work with, they were friendly and caring
Pros
free lunch with every shift
Cons
long hours with little breaks
Great Work Experience
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 3, 2016
working at subway I deal with a lot of customers and that requires a lot of communication and patients, I have learned how to interact with customers, how to keep them happy so they return to our store, and how to handle difficult situations. I am very energetic and enthusiastic, always smiling no matter how the person on the other side of the counter is. The hardest part would be to deal with unhappy customers but even that can be overcome. what I enjoy most about working at subway is that all of my coworkers are friendly and I am great at what I do.
Working for subway can be a very stressful and unappreciated workplace.
Sandwich Artist/Store Closer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 1, 2016
The job in which you are normally tasked to do involves making sandwiches for customers, which for the most part is without issue. However Subways tends to under staff at crucial times leaving the employees with a steady stream of customers to work with while having their duties to the store prevented.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Minimum wage for work which deserves a slightly higher pay
Comfortable work environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oxford, NSJuly 4, 2016
Over the past 3 years working at subway I have enjoyed all of it. The staff is always great and acts as a small family. We all have developed problem solving skills and increased our customer service skills. The most stressful part is with making sure everything is as it should be even when its busy, but, with the time management skills that we have learned and developed it is never too much to handle.
Enjoyable, fast paced environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NSJune 17, 2016
Duties at this job is the same as other fast food place expectations. Worked in fast paced enviorment, clean utilities Greeted and assisted customers creating a welcoming/friendly environment.
Received customers orders,prepared food/beverages according to specifications. Operated cash register; accepted/processed payments via cash and debit/credit transactions.Disinfected and sanitized kitchen work stations, public areas and washrooms
Ensured all food products were fresh and ready to serve and Prepared serving stations and replenished product. I am a team player, and am able to complete task with coworkers or independently.
verry productive place
Caissière, cuisinière et chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Sainte-Martine, QCAugust 3, 2016
Handwork team job
Receive orders while ensuring the accuracy of their content.
Exercise a role model and a leadership with new employees while training.
Planning, supervision and coordination of employee working hours.
Adaptation with the material in a new restaurant.
Attendance, smile, hardwork
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
always standing up
customer service and problem solving
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QCAugust 26, 2016
I work part time at Subway. I have an excellent owner. the best part of the job is during rush hours because I can demonstrate my ability to move and to serve people as faster as I can. I make preparation and I receive calls and take notes when customers have orders to make for specific events.
Pros
dynamic environment
Cons
Target based, fun loving workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONAugust 23, 2016
A very nice work environment.
Excellent team
Opportunities to grow
After working for a while, I learned that lots of improvements could be done to achieve efficiency. My suggestions were welcomed by top management.
Most enjoyable part was a very nice and supportive team members and very good Supervisor.
It was always a fun and work place.
Fun place to work with but salary is not competitive
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 7, 2016
Subway First Avenue store is a fun place to work and we have a lot of regular customers that keeps coming back because they said they like our excellent service. One of the things I learned at Subway is that how we manage and lead the store. I can say that the management are working hand in hand to lead and guide their staff. My co workers are amazing and they have a team work especially when we get busy during lunch time. Hardest part of the job maybe if there is a call sick person and nobody can replace her/ his shift. Every single day of my job in Subway was enjoyable.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Not competitive salary
Nice, but unreliable
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 15, 2016
A typical day at work involved making sandwiches for customers. Management was rather rude at times. Co-workers were friendly and cooperative. The hardest part of the job was remembering the different kinds of sandwiches and what meats go on them. The most enjoyable part of the job was washing the dishes.
Pros
Discount on sandwiches
Cons
Unreliability

2.8