Subway Employee Reviews

fun energy and carisma
Customer Service Clerk/Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB12 December 2017
loved the people inside and out of this job really made it a pleasure to work there and management was one of the best I had a pleasure to be a team with .
Pros
free lunch
Milieu Excellent.
Commis Caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 December 2017
Tres bon emploi, jetais responsable du magasin, mes anciens patrons mon aider a etre autonome envers cet emploi. J'étais souvent au travail. J'aimais ca aider les autres, en faite ma toute premiere experience .
Pros
Repas Gratuits.
Cons
Peu de pauses.
Friendly environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 December 2017
It's really work experience. Moreover , i found work at subway easy for me.its not boring working at subway because we enjoy a team co-operation and friendly environment.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Boring when its quiet
Journées chargés
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 December 2017
Une journée de travail typique chez Subway consiste a acceuillir les clients être souriant et patient avec eux, répondre a leurs demandes, faire la caisse, aider son collègue lorsqu'il éprouve une difficulté quelconque et faire la fermeture qui consiste à laver la vaisselle nettoyer la vitre avant, faire le changement des bacs à nourriture, entreposer les bacs de nourriture dans le frigidaire, nettoyer la machine à boissons, nettoyer le micro-onde, les fours, les comptoirs et l'espace où les bacs de nourriture étaient placés, fermer la caisse, faire le dépôt, passer le balaie et la mope et fermer le grillage avant et ce en une heure de temps. L'aspect agréable de mon poste était que j'avais l'occasion d'intéragir avec les clients ce qui est quelque chose avec laquelle je n'éprouve aucune difficulté et que j'aime faire. L'aspect difficile de mon poste était de gérer le 'rush' avec 5 autres employés dans un espace de travail un peu étroit.
Pros
Repas gratuit, gérante et collègues de travail respectueux.
Cons
Espace de travail trop étroit pour 5 employés dans le rush.
Good
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC9 December 2017
i learn a lot of things here from top to bottom, i had a great boss who always supports me, typical day at work interacting with different kind of customers, and having fun with co-workers.
great workplace
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 December 2017
Subway allowed me to advance to a key holder within a year of working there, and gave me much more responsibilities. The typical day was enjoyable, although the breaks weren't that great
Fun
Subway Crew (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 December 2017
It was fun working in subway,I met a lot of people with different personality but it was ok. Because I had time learning their culture back home :) ..
Pros
free sub
Good starter job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Millbrook, ON6 December 2017
A typical day at work would be making subs, stocking product, working cash and cleaning. I learned a lot of customer service due to customers sometimes being difficult, people didn't really like having to wait for their food. I found that the management at the time (under different management now) was lacking communication with the employees. The culture their was alright the employees take whenever we were in even after leaving. The hardest part of the job was either rude customers or times where is got very boring when everything was done.
Pros
Free 6 inch sub every shift
Cons
No first aid protocol
Fast Working Environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2017
It is good platform for me to meet new people. helping me develop my communication skill as well as time management skills.
Typical day at work is like to communicate with people greet them nicely and ask them about their day.
Pros
Free sandwiches
Cons
Smelly after work
a fun place to work
SANDWHICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB5 December 2017
Enjoyable part of the job was interacting with many customers and to my co-workers, and I learned to be faster and how to handle difficult customers, as well as I gained more self-confidence when talking to people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
wages
gg
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
fast paced with working as a team

working with money and as a team

management is okay

dealing with unruly customers is the hardest part

working as a team is key
productive and friendly co-worker
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Alberta4 December 2017
Owner and manager are always reminding us to be respectful and courteous all the time. Serve people or customer with smiles on your face even in the busiest day of work.
Fun workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lac La Biche, AB4 December 2017
The managers saw my will to learn everything, so they trained me in every section. Co-workers were very fun and entertaining. Boss was great, and very understanding
It i sa funplace to work with customers
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 December 2017
On the first day it was typical for me to work as i was not knowing the formulas and meat names.
Finally i learned to make a proper sandwich.
Serving the customers at the launch time is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Fee launch
Cons
Nice People, Friendly Manager.
Server (Former Employee) –  Gimli, MB1 December 2017
Come in and start serving food to get you started and Move on to prepping food for the next shift workers. Clean dishes and clean floors. Count the Shifts earnings
Pros
Free Lunches.
Cons
Small work staff, Not many employee workers.
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 December 2017
subway was a good place to work. it was fast, fun and overall easy if you enjoy making food for people.
i learn a lot about the food industry and also passed my food handlers course
the hard part would have to be when construction started outside the store and business got slow. hours were cut and days were long.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
boring at times
Great environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 November 2017
I will always recommend subway to people looking for a job in the fast food industry. Great management, flexible schedules, happy customers and employees. 10/10
Pros
Free lunches
Good hours, No reason for dismissal given
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Steinbach, MB30 November 2017
I only worked at this one for about a month before i was dismissed with no reason give, so there isnt a lot to say. employees were friendly, and the work was simple
It is a fun first job for someone to get used to the work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lac du Bonnet, MB30 November 2017
I personally feel like if you just got out of school and are looking for a job right away subway is the place to go because they hire lots of people and it is fun.
Pros
Free sub for every 6 hour shift
Cons
Not great hours
i loved it there
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC29 November 2017
I loved the job and the management was amazing very understanding and worked with my schedule. Great hours, Great wages. The days were usually pretty slow but got busy during lunch
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not busy enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8