Positions Available: 1
Minimum Education: None
POSITION TITLE: SANDWICH ARTIST®
REPORTS TO: OWNER
A Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares product, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their
2. Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to
3. Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the
amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
4. Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc.,during the shift.
5. Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
6. Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient
supply throughout the shift.
7. Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards
during food preparation, service and clean up.
8. Cleans and maintains the customer and service areas and equipment to promote a
clean restaurant image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for
9. Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as
outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
10. Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the
SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
11. Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
12. Completes online coursework on the University of SUBWAY® as directed.
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience: No experience neccasary. Will Train. Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.