Stz’uminus Education Department is seeking an Early Childhood Educator
This is a temporary full-time position commencing September 23, 2013 until November 26, 2013, with a potential for extension into early 2014. The individual we are looking for will be an experienced teacher of young children to work in our Child Care Programs.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working within a team of educators to provide the best possible education and care experience in a stimulating Early Learning environment.
- Developing trusting relationships with children, families and fellow staff, so to promote parental involvement and participation.
- Providing curriculum based on the Coast Salish Culture
- Early Childhood Education license to practice or ECE diploma
- Infant & Toddler Certification
- Level I First Aid Certificate
- Criminal Record Check Clearance
- Letter from a physician stating mental and physical good health
- Three letters of reference
- Warm, caring personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with others
Application: Please submit a resume and cover letter by Wednesday, September 18 at 4 pm to:
Michel Woolner, Human Resources Advisor
Stz’uminus First Nation
12611A Trans Canada Hwy.
Ladysmith, B.C., V9G 1M5
Phone calls are not accepted. Please apply by the options provided.