Sturgeon County

Sturgeon County Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Food Prep (Current Employee), Sturgeon CountyJune 21, 2015
Pros: If there is extra food after tournaments, you can eat it
Cons: Kitchen gets hot
The management is great here, my manager is very flexible and will always try to accommodate your schedule. My coworkers are all very friendly.
Relaxed and Enjoyable Atmosphere Conducive to Learning
Seasonal Labourer (Current Employee), Morinville, ABSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: farmer's tan
I quite enjoy working for Sturgeon County. The hours are great, and the work isn't overly difficult. The work comes in waves, as it is mostly reported by civilians. It is nice to have a surprise every day you go to work, never knowing what awaits you. Some days you work very hard, some not so much. They are understanding, but you are not babied. You must be able to take care of yourself and follow safety policy without someone nagging you along all the time. The atmosphere is great, I have gotten along well with almost everyone, and have made several good friends outside work. The work demographic is young, and is suited for mature, independent individuals. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and move up the job ladder. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a fantastic job that pays very well, seasonal or permanent. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting up at a restaurant or bar after work. The hardest part was repairing bridges, as it uses a fair amount of muscle, and it's normally really hot out at that time of the year.
VERY GOOD COMPANY
TRANSPORTATION (Former Employee), Morinville, ABFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch on speciall occasions
Cons: bosses used to yelland scream to much.
IT WAS A VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR BUT WAS ONLY SEASONAL.IT WAS FUN DRIVING THE PAKER.I STILL WOULD BE WORKING THERE IF I WASNT INVOLVED IN A MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT ON THE WAY TO THE JOB SITE.
job
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Morinville, ABAugust 17, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough hours
work independently running grader Monday to Friday
I have some great co-workers
The hardest part of my job is being able to complete an area at the end of the day because they don't want you to work over your hours.
It was enjoyable working with the clients but the coordinator was not qualified.
Program Facilitator (Former Employee), Morinville, ABApril 12, 2012
Pros: good training
Cons: not enough work.
We worked independently with clients. I enjoyed the clients but there was definitely a lack of them. You only got paid once all of the sessions with the clients were completed so that could mean every two months or possibly more.

There was good training but not enough money coming in on a regular basis.