As a key member of Sturgeon County’s Transportation Department, road maintenance and planning are your expertise. You display strong Managerial skills especially in the areas of leadership, planning and organizing. Does this sound like you? If so, please read on…
- Assist in the preparation of the department’s business plan and budget, ensure time and record keeping is accurate, monitor budget expenditures and report on variances.
- Produce one to five year plans for programs and paved road maintenance activities.
- Ensure that Transportation issues and concerns of County residents are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner in accordance with policies approved by Council.
- Coordinate and participate in the recruitment, supervision, training and performance management of direct reports including contractors, seasonal and permanent staff.
- Monitor and evaluate equipment and staff requirements.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- An Engineering Technologist Certificate combined with related post-secondary education/certifications.
- Five years of experience in construction, operations and maintenance of roadways and drainage, including experience in Supervisory administrative activities.
- A solid understanding of road construction survey, design and the ability to read blueprints.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to make recommendations and decisions; excellent negotiation techniques; proficient with all Microsoft Office programs; and knowledge of budgeting and monitoring expenditures.
- Solid knowledge of Municipal Government.
Competition Number: # 33- 2014
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $83,470 to $109,839
Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday
Competition Closing Date: Open till a suitable candidate is found
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in Sturgeon County. However only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Your personal information is collected under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. Personal information you provide may be used for the purposes of determining whether you are suitable and qualified for a position with Sturgeon County. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact the Sturgeon County FOIP Coordinator at the Sturgeon County Centre located at 9613-100 Street, Morinville, AB, T8R 1L9 or contact the FOIP Coordinator at 780-939-8366.
Indeed - 5 months ago
Sturgeon County is a diverse, active community that pioneers opportunities and promotes
initiative while embracing rural lifestyles....