As a key member of Sturgeon County’s County Commissioner’s Office, this position is responsible for supporting key corporate strategic and business planning processes and initiatives.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Research and analyze key strategic and business planning issues, e.g. current state assessment, environmental scanning.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to support strategy and policy decisions.
- Organize and help facilitate internal consultation processes.
- Provide input into Corporate Plan content and process development.
- Work closely with project teams on assigned projects, e.g. project management, business planning.
- Support Departments in the development of performance measures.
- Coordinate the Tri-annual reporting processes and preparation of Council RFD.
- Develop, maintain and ensure the delivery of project plans, and status reports.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in planning, business administration, or equivalent, with two or more years of related experience. A two year Community College diploma in a related field will be considered with three to four years of work experience.
Job Skills Required:
- Process design, group facilitation, performance measurement and project management skills
- Interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function well with tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of municipal government, governance and administration an asset
Competition Number: # 27-2014
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $67,319 to $88,587
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Competition Closing Date: Open till a suitable candidate is found a suitable candidate is found
Sturgeon County: a diverse, active community that pioneers opportunities and promotes initiative while embracing rural lifestyles.
As an employer, we continually seek individuals with the spirit to make things happen.
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Toll Free 1-866-939-9303
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their application/resume by mail, fax or email quoting the competition number.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in Sturgeon County. However, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Your personal information is collected under the authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. Personal information you provide may be used for the purposes of determining whether you are suitable and qualified for a position with Sturgeon County. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information, please contact the Sturgeon County FOIP Coordinator at the Sturgeon County Centre located at 9613-100 Street, Morinville, AB, T8R 1L9 or contact the FOIP Coordinator.