As a Youth Engagement Coordinator, you will play a key role in ensuring the success of our unique and exciting new project called the “Young Canadian Leaders for Tibet”. The project aims to engage Tibetan youth in Ontario in a comprehensive leadership and advocacy skill building opportunities throughout the year. With various workshops in areas such as Municipal, Provincial and Federal advocacy, leadership training and anti-oppresive models of working, the project focuses on empowering and strengthening the budding new generation of Canadian citizens of Tibetan heritage to work for the betterment of their community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with National Director to develop project
- Spearhead the implementation of workshops and activities in a timely manner
- Recruit and engage youth participants in the program
- Regularly create content for and help maintain website/blog/social media with project updates
- Updating and maintaining resources required for Ontario networks of SFT Canada
- Post-secondary or university education or equivalent work experience
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self initiator and able to work with minimal direction
- Experience working with youth or advocacy
- Able to work some weekends and evenings
- Passionate about equity and human rights issues particularly Tibet
Have participated in SFT’s past leadership training
Able to communicate in Tibetan
Familiarity with Toronto and Ontario progressive community and network
Terms of Employment:
This is a 12-month part-time contract position, with 15 hours/week. Compensation will be based on the skills, experience, and qualifications of a successful candidate.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume (As in-line email text, NO ATTACHMENTS) by November 15, with a subject line “Young Canadian Leaders for Tibet Youth Engagement Coordinator” to the attention of:
Urgyen Badheytsang, National DIrector
We thank all interested applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Students for a Free Tibet (SFT) Canada is headquartered in Toronto, part of the International Organization Students for a Free Tibet, and...