MacEwan Conference & Events Centre
University of Calgary
Our outstanding workplace and team currently has a requirement for an:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and innovative culinary master to lead our busy on-campus bar/restaurant and our rapidly expanding catering operation. Located in the MacEwan Student Centre, the heart of the vibrant University of Calgary campus, our kitchen services the Den & Black Lounge restaurant and the MacEwan Conference & Events Centre.
You have strong organizational skills and a desire to succeed. You are skilled at inspiring and developing staff and are talented at providing direction. A passion and creativity for food is what drives you!
- Direct the entire kitchen and steward operation with a focus on managing to budget.
- Optimize food cost controls while maintaining high quality products and standards.
- Develop standardized recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Coach, develop and lead kitchen staff to meet and exceed performance standards.
- Minimum of 8+ years of diversified culinary management experience in casual dining and banquet facilities.
- Experience overseeing budgets in excess of $2.8 million.
- Demonstrated talent with new menu development including control food and labour costing.
- Red Seal and Food Handling Certifications.
If you can give us energy and innovation... we can provide you with a diverse, exciting and ever-changing environment. Our competitive compensation package includes an excellent benefit program, matching RRSP (at 6%) and seven (7) weeks paid time off yearly. Salary range $85K-$95K.
The Student’s Union serves and represents the diverse student body of the University of Calgary. We strive to enhance the academic, cultural, social and personal lives of students. Our management portfolio includes the Den & Black Lounge, MacEwan Conference & Event Centre, Bound & Copied and the Stor.